- Other Emotional Issues
- Anger Management
- Suppressed anger expelled via the stomach
- EFT for self righteous anger
- Getting over a gang rape--including a follow-up
- EFT alleviates horrendous self-hatred and rage
- Calming down Teddy, an emotionally disturbedboy
- EFT for anger underlying ALS
- Releasing anger at parents allowed healing of ulcerative colitis and headaches
- Anger in a homeless shelter
- A murderous rage is calmed with EFT
- Intuitional work with anger
- A First Class use of Surrogate EFT for Bill's anger and behavior issues
- EFT Transforms "hopping-mad" anger
- An unusual anger release
- Anger case history from a client
- EFT for workplace anger
- Josh: Building rapport with children--anger & behavior problems.
- EFT for anger helps both Ann and her angry husband--note the surrogate approach
- Unbearable hatred toward classmates
- Anger and Hostility are Proven to Damage Lungs; Simple Acupressure Technique Offers a Solution
- Brandon's Story--anger problem becomes history: (including an update at the end)
- EFT for deep seated anger
- EFT and severe mental illness--a murderous impulse
- An interesting approach to EFT and road rage
- Using EFT for on-the-spot "hopping mad" anger
- Surrogate EFT for fighting neighbors
- A client talks about her abusive childhood and her relief via EFT
- Resentments relieved 22 years after a poor birthing experience
- EFT resolves long term resentment
- The EFT Cooling Tower Technique for Letting off Steam
- Anger management approach for a polarity responder
- The cause of our anger isn't always as it appears
- A client resolves lifelong anger on her own
- Clearing anger and self loathing with EFT via introduction to inner child
- Stubborn anger issue falls to 0 with emphatic "say what you feel" wording.
- Road Rage and hives disappear in one session after getting to the core issue
- Press Release: Can a One-Minute Anger Management Technique Reduce Injury Risk and Chronic Illness?
- Releasing anger patterns with EFT
- Employee overcomes anger at supervisor
- Jonas uses EFT for deeper meditation - dangerous PSA reading is now only 0.4
- School Counselor on anger and tension,
- Getting behind a successful EFT anger case
- New Technique Helps Avoid Heart Damage by Diffusing Anger Within Marital Arguments
- The client who continually felt resentful
- Anger case--the urge to explode
- Even dropping the kids off at school provides tapping opportunities - an anger issue
- Using EFT to self-calm an intense anger tantrum
- Useful thoughts on anger by Stewart Robertson
- Football Star Uses New Acupressure Technique to Calm his Road Rage -- No Drugs Needed
- Transgender person with abusive mother relieves rage with EFT
- Louella: Depression, pesticides and low blood sugar
- A successful but involved depression case--"I don't want to tell you how well I'm doing"
- EFT resolves 12 years of postnatal depression
- What was REALLY causing Anne's depression?
- EFT student eases his wife's suicidal thoughts
- Maggie eliminates her own depression
- Surrogate tapping and its effect on depression.
- Persistent EFT by Email on depression, anger and anxiety
- Cross dressing, sexuality and depression
- Long term severe depression gone in ten minutes
- Jaqui Crooks used EFT to overcome her Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD)
- Was it really a manic/depressive disorder?
- A textbook depression case--a "one minute wonder" complete with belief changes
- Approaching Depression with the Tearless Trauma Technique
- After 15 years of therapy, including shock therapy, EFT helps release depression
- A case that didn't work--and some suggestions
- A first class look at using EFT for a complex case - depression, guilt, grief and abandonment
- A mis-diagnosed manic/depressive disorder
- Depression with numerous underlying issues
- Major results for anxiety, depression and social issues from one thorough EFT session and consistent EFT "homework"
- Success with a skeptical, depressed scientist - follow up included
- Depression, low self esteem and childhood traumas
- Persistence and a challenging case - Incest, abuse, depression, anxiety attacks, nightmares and flashbacks
- A non-therapist does superb work on depression--including her own.
- Newbie uses EFT on depression, allergic reactions and more
- Hair loss and facial blemishes fade after EFT relieves important emotional issues -- Depression too!
- Adrienne, a physician
- Gary discusses depression and some new ideas
- EFT on personal depression--"I was angry at myself"
- Press Release: New Method for Depression Often Works When Nothing Else Will
- 30+ years of depression gone in 2 minutes
- EFT saves a life by rapidly resolving suicidal depression
- Depression and confusion about God
- When depression comes from a related issue
- Depression Drugs and Migraine Drugs Don't Always Do The Job
- Dr. Patricia Carrington on depression--a detailed discussion, including meds
- Depression, height phobia and claustrophobia eliminated in one session
- Depression related to guilt
- EFT instead of shock treatments?
- From depressed and suicidal ... to ... "I laugh all the time
- Depression on Death Row
- EFT Newcomer eliminates his own deep depression and anxiety disorder
- An intimate look at Depression
- Panic And Anxiety
- Successful surrogate tapping for surgery anxiety
- Persistence and Panic Attacks - Quality results on a stubborn issue
- Getting to the core of "Mark's" anxiety
- EFT for overeating and panic attacks
- Performance anxiety at a music camp
- Gayla uses EFT for panic
- Travel Anxiety--using the Tell the Story Technique
- Febrile convulsions and related panic attacks subside--not one attack in the two years since she learned to use EFT
- Two surrogate tapping cases: Dental anxiety and severe stomach ache
- Panic Attacks: Getting behind the thought process
- Husband relieves wife of major panic attack
- EFT newcomer rids himself of social anxiety
- Relief for another stress related cough
- Using EFT for panic when nobody is around
- New Method for Treating Anxiety Works When Conventional Treatments Fail
- Clearing social anxiety with EFT
- A Quality "How To Do It" Session for Fear and Anxiety
- Diagnosed as a schizophrenic, Gregoire had anxiety, stress and insomnia
- Current "in your face" anxiety and stress case
- EFT makes good progress with panic, agoraphobia and feeling like a failure
- Detective work crucial in relief for panic attacks
- Combining EFT with the Inner Theater approach for panic attacks
- Testing your EFT work: Feeling trapped and panic attacks
- Anxiety and the fear of being alone
- EFT student uses tapping to immediately calm down after a major car accident
- Medical school test anxiety--from C's and D's to A's and B's
- Success story with 10 day anxiety attack
- Sports anxiety, heat sensitivity, being away from home, loneliness, fear of insects.
- 20 year old abduction anxiety calmed with EFT
- Collapsing a client's anxiety from the 9/11 disaster--with 4 year follow-up
- Detective work provides help for an anxiety disorder
- Imagination tapping on the finger points reduces stress level to zero
- Using EFT for a client who feels out of control.
- One EFT round with Deborah's daughter relieves performance anxiety
- Surgery anxiety and EFT
- EFT helps adult learners overcome school and math anxiety
- EFT on a case of extreme separation anxiety in a dog and the importance of Core Issues for Animals
- Study Shows Simple Drug-Free Acupressure Technique Reduces Dental Anxiety
- Anxiety, eating and more
- Success in neutralizing unwanted memories without the client disclosing the content
- Newcomer uses EFT to collapse his own panic-attacks and writes letter to "Quackwatch"
- A detailed panic attack case
- Eric Robins, MD and Lisa Cox on surgery anxieties
- Severe anxiety client has his life back
- EFT Newbie resolves her own major trip anxiety
- Panic attacks and heart palpitations subside after doing EFT on dreams
- Courtroom anxiety AND anxiety about calling employers
- One EFT phone session resolves driving test anxiety -- and the benefits expand
- Panic attacks and fear of darkness
- Addressing Generalized Anxiety Disorder by aiming EFT at specific events
- Non-therapist relieves stress in the form of a temper tantrum
- EFT for panic attacks
- Who Would Have Thought That Acupressure Could Relieve Social Anxiety Better Than Drugs or Therapy?
- Daddy left me. Will my new boyfriend leave me too?
- Surgeon Uses New Acupressure Technique to Lower Surgery Risk
- Overcoming Test Anxiety with New Drug-Free Technique: 80% Success Rate
- Daily tapping for Panic Attacks
- Anxiety related to atrial fibrillation is calmed with EFT
- Performance anxiety and many aspects
- EFT brings relief for trauma, anxiety, and an overactive bladder, all in less than an hour
- Test anxiety
- Using EFT for Social Anxiety Disorder
- OCD (Obsessive Compulsive Disorder)
- Attorney helps client by using EFT for long term unresolved grief
- A grief case with many aspects
- Uncontrollable grief resolved with EFT
- Freedom from grief in only 15 minutes
- Relieving grief over the death of Higgins the dog
- When certain music triggers grief and sadness
- EFT eliminates unnecessary grief emotions and softens the grieving process - includes 2 month follow up
- Using EFT for Bereavement
- EFT turns grief into beauty
- EFT brings healing to a whole family while one woman heals her grief
- Community relief from grief with EFT
- This new Widow was helped in many ways by EFT
- EFT for grief and pet loss
- Getting to important emotions by doing EFT while looking in the mirror
- Tapping through grief leads to incredible insight and relief
- EFT for pain and grief for a birth mother who wasn't allowed to see her child -- a touching story with a happy ending
- EFT setup statements for grief
- An easy grief case with an aspect that showed up later
- Imaginary tapping sends grief away
- EFT may be a great relief to grief-stricken nurses who lose patients
- Fresh grief and a double benefit.
- Grief changes to smiles
- EFT heals a broken heart in rapid time
- Using EFT to improve a relationship
- EFT, One Minute Wonders and Opening to Love
- EFT by telephone smoothes out a tense family reunion
- Insights into picking up another person
- Interesting way to use EFT & Tappy Bear for a broken heart
- Relationships, EFT and Spirituality
- Improve relationships by Tapping in the Positive
- Using EFT for relationship issues--a detailed case
- Tapping on relationship issues
- EFT resolves a 10 year heartbreak
- "I didn't like kissing my wife after she drank coffee."
- Jack improves his relationship with his grandson using surrogate EFT
- Addressing relationship and family issues by tapping on photographs
- Tapping into a state of Love
- MD introduces an innovative idea that brings relief for stubborn relationship issue
- Finding the love you want by healing the inner child
- Relationship Issue: "My husband was being a jerk"
- Using EFT to prepare for a difficult encounter
- How clearing an intense cough led to improved family relationships--an EFT two-for-one EFT benefit
- Relationships - on "Being Right"
- Instant relationship fix?
- Relationship issue: A humorous approach
- What holds you back from your lover?
- EFT is instrumental in bringing a couple back together
- Combining role playing with EFT for relationships and other issues
- Using EFT for a Broken Heart
- The Healing Power of Forgiveness
- Love, Intuition, Patience and EFT help a schizophrenic 15 year old.
- EFT for Couples
- Retired Stanford professor fixes his wife's computer with EFT
- Relationship success after finding core issue
- EFT to heal family relationships
- Using EFT on "blocking thoughts" to good relationships
- Surrogate EFT heals a broken heart for a 16 year old boy
- EFT for love pain
- Shared tapping provides benefits for relationship issues
- EFT Instead of the psych ward after a relationship breaks up
- Taking relationships work to a new level--The Odd Couple
- EFT and meditation for a broken heart
- Reframes (seeing things differently) for guilt, shame and sorrow
- Restless leg syndrome linked to guilt - 20 years of restlessness gone in 2 sessions
- How to reduce guilt via an EFT "Tapping Circle" -- keeping privacy for everyone
- The "Tapping the System" Technique
- The Rolling EFT process
- Using EFT for unnecessary guilt - Did EFT get someone's husband to cook dinner?
- How Guilt and Shame Block the Law of Attraction
- Stubborn guilt finally subsides after doing a search on our website and DVDs for ideas
- EFT and infertility
- A bout of cystitis turns out to be a bout of guilt
- Writing a letter
- New Acupressure Discovery Reduces Stress 4 Ways: 80% Success Rate
- Many Stressed Women Abandon Healthy Lifestyle Habits: Simple Acupressure Technique Offers a Solution
- To Physicians: New Discoveries in Acupressure Promise Everything From Alertness to Pain and Stress Management
- A new do-it-yourself approach to acupressure alleviates stress and, in turn neutralizes cold, flu an
- Psychotherapy Dramatically Improved By New 'Acupuncture Without Needles' Technique
- Eating Disorders
- Two Year Bulimia Problem Gets Major Assist in One Hour
- A Bulimia "one session wonder"
- Bulimia in Brazil
- "Acceptance Tapping" - A powerful EFT treatment variation for severe compulsive disorders and bulimia.
- Joe resolves his Anorexia...and more
- Love, diligence and an eating disorder
- Michal describes what it is like to be free from an eating disorder
- Anger Management
Table of Contents Help
The tabs on the right are shortcuts to where you have been:
- Previous Screen
- Previous Articles
- Previous Categories
- Start Page
- Hide Entire Menu
Swiping to the left will take you to the previous screen.
The folder icon indicates that more content is available. Click on the icon or the associated text, or swipe to the right to see the additional content.
Other Emotional Issues
Panic And Anxiety
Using EFT for a client who feels out of control.
Note: This is one of 3,000 articles written prior to the updated Gold Standard (Official) EFT Tapping Tutorial™. As a result, it is likely outdated. It provides practical uses for EFT Tapping but you should also explore our newest advancement, Optimal EFT, by reading our free e-book, The Unseen Therapist™, and/or get help from a Certified EFT Practitioner.
Here is a very creative case by Angela Treat Lyon wherein she makes minimal progress until she intuitively slips the following into the EFT process ... "Even though I want to get on with my life, I don't know what I'd do if and when I did get on with it." That opened the door and generated a first class start for a very global issue. Read this one carefully. There are many good thoughts within it.
I thought you'd like to hear about a session I had with a gal who called me about her persistent sense of feeling out of control. I'll call her "Micki." As it turns out, she was on a lot of medications and that may well have been why she had these difficult to control feelings.
Micki's a very together-looking 65 yr old, who looks like she's maybe in her early 50's - if that. When she called me, I could hear right off that here was a woman who was used to being strong and independent, and who wouldn't shy away from anything difficult.
She told me she was at wits' end, and wanted help with how crazy she felt. I told her right off I wasn't a physician, and wouldn't be diagnosing or prescribing, but that I could help her with how she felt.
Micki is one of those people who has tried virtually everything, so she was wide open to EFT. She has tried allopathic doctors to hypnosis, acupuncture at the local college, feng shui, and even stuff like Albanian folk healing tokens scattered around the house. Importantly, she has had single-minded intent for healing since the time of the problem, starting about 12 or 13 years ago. But - there was a major ingredient missing to her search, which I will get to; and, there was a possible session-derailer that almost got me: pills.
Here are some of the things she was having trouble with: hot and cold spells - she'd turn bright red and feel as if she was in an oven one minute, and the next would be shivering and freezing. Distinct hot and cold places on limbs. Her arms, hands and feet got prickly feeling, sometimes breaking out in rashes. She couldn't calm down after work unless she walked at least a mile with her headset on with music. Tremendous ear-ringing - even had surgery to cut the nerves to one ear. She felt crazy. Exhausted, and couldn't go on like she used to. She didn't sleep well. Wants to stop working 2 intense jobs but worried about finances. Felt stuck and unfulfilled. Anxiety attacks with accompanying dizziness, heart-pounding and disorientation.
I never, ever do any diagnosing or medication suggestions. Even as simple a thing as suggesting to drink more water can be a disaster for someone who has a hidden renal problem. Since she had such pronounced physical symptoms, some of which sounded extreme, the very first thing I did was suggest she see a friend of mine who uses acupuncture and Traditional Chinese Medicine herbs. I've seen Shereen*, my friend, use her acupuncture and herbs to get incredible results, and I knew she could handle Micki's conditions on levels that I cannot.
Then I introduced Micki to EFT. Her general intensity was so high that I got her tapping right away on the karate chop spot as she talked. I figured she could use the release of a little of the pent-up juice she was holding just so we could start. Within about 30 seconds, she heaved her first big sigh.
Her energy was scattered from here to the north pole and back. It was impossible for her to stay focused on any one thing for any longer than a minute. At first I thought she just had a lot going on and wanted to talk about it all and get it out in the open. We tapped the face and torso at places where she seemed really intense. It was impossible to settle on any one issue.
Even after 30 minutes of tapping, we didn't get much lower than a 7 on anything. She couldn't even feel any rating at all. As much as we tapped, she got very little relief other than a few sighs. As we tapped, old emotional issues came and went. She wouldn't stop on any one of them, and didn't have enough available energy to be able to understand the importance of getting clearance from old energetic entanglements. So I started looking for what was under the surface, and asking her pointed questions.
The clue came when she began ranting about how many pills she had taken, how they had affected her, how sensitive she was to them and how she wanted to "get done with all this" and "on with her life."
I realized that here were two major ingredients: no set goal other than "get done with this" and "on with her life;" and the effect of the pills on her mind.
Over all the years I've worked with people, I've noticed how they don't seem to realize how powerful the effects of medication are on their minds. I've experienced it for myself - the medication I took after a major surgery made me so depressed I had to seek help, and thankfully got to the source of the problem right away. When I stopped taking the meds, it all left.
Medication might be great to help with the symptoms or recovery from something, but the effect on the mind MUST be taken into account. The pills Micki was taking made it impossible for her thoughts to stay connected to anything for more than a minute, and it was literally making her feel nuts.
I couldn't tell her to stop taking the pills! I decided that just being on the EFT field, never mind getting up to bat, was most important. Home runs would come at a later time. So we did some simple rounds and variations on:
Even though I feel so scattered.
Even though I feel nuts
Even though I can't calm down
Thankfully, we got her feeling relaxed enough that now, instead of sitting on the edge of the couch, she was in her "favorite position" - legs draped over the end, back braced by big pillows.
We took a much-needed break, then resumed. She talked about how frustrated she was that she had a nice house, but here she was in her 60's and was still working 2 jobs to pay for it, and felt so locked down with it she didn't enjoy it. For a number of reasons she didn't want to sell it - all of which made sense, but it sounded and felt to me that she had created an energy whirlpool she couldn't get outside of enough to find other, more creative options.
We tapped on Even though I feel so stuck and many aspects of that.
Then I slipped this in: Even though I want to get on with my life, I don't know what I'd do if and when I did get on with it.
That stopped her cold. Her eyes opened wide and she gasped. "Omigod! You're right! I don't know where I'd go, or what I'd do!" The importance of having a light at the end of the tunnel got right in there and hit her square in the face. You can want to "get on with things" all you want, but if you don't have an idea, picture, or feeling of what that will be like, it's hard for your mind to create that for you. It's impossible to even take baby steps, because you don't know what they are! So you just keep going around in circles, being stuck and wanting out, being stuck and wanting out. Out, to WHERE? Out, to WHAT?
So then we talked (tapping the Karate Chop spot all the time) about what a fulfilling life would feel like to her. What kind of climate she preferred, what kind of friends she'd have and what they would all do together, what kind of things she'd love to do, what would she want to do in order to create income. What kind of house she'd want, car, yard, etc. I wanted her to start to create, in her mind, the results she wanted so she could start a new direction of thinking, rather than the endless loop of constant worry about being ill.
As she was speaking, a little town in California I know of popped into my mind, and I told her about it. I could just see her there, happy as a clam. She sat up again, her face was lit up, and her energy shot high - but this time it felt solid, without flying off into the four winds.
We discussed a couple of very easy, very simple steps she could take to start creating her new place: searching the internet for this little town, seeing if she was attracted to it; calling her realtor for creative brainstorming; discussing her situation with her family, etc. And making sure that she only took little tiny steps until she felt she had clarity and enough strength to make leaps.
It's pretty obvious that this was only the beginning. With a person as dynamic and determined to be healthy as she is, I don't think it will take her long to get real, gratifying results.
In future, I'll be sure to remember the effects of pills. Not remembering almost undermined the session. I was grateful that Micki had such high intent for healing, and that she took to the idea of creating her Dream as a way out of her struggles.
Thanks, Gary, one more time, and blessings to you -
FOR MORE EFT HELP ...
Explore our newest advancement, Optimal EFT™, by reading our free e-book, The Unseen Therapist™.