- Other Emotional Issues
- Anger Management
- Getting behind a successful EFT anger case
- New Technique Helps Avoid Heart Damage by Diffusing Anger Within Marital Arguments
- The client who continually felt resentful
- Employee overcomes anger at supervisor
- Jonas uses EFT for deeper meditation - dangerous PSA reading is now only 0.4
- School Counselor on anger and tension,
- Using EFT to self-calm an intense anger tantrum
- Useful thoughts on anger by Stewart Robertson
- Football Star Uses New Acupressure Technique to Calm his Road Rage -- No Drugs Needed
- Transgender person with abusive mother relieves rage with EFT
- Anger case--the urge to explode
- Even dropping the kids off at school provides tapping opportunities - an anger issue
- Calming down Teddy, an emotionally disturbedboy
- EFT for anger underlying ALS
- Releasing anger at parents allowed healing of ulcerative colitis and headaches
- Suppressed anger expelled via the stomach
- EFT for self righteous anger
- Getting over a gang rape--including a follow-up
- EFT alleviates horrendous self-hatred and rage
- EFT Transforms "hopping-mad" anger
- An unusual anger release
- Anger in a homeless shelter
- A murderous rage is calmed with EFT
- Intuitional work with anger
- A First Class use of Surrogate EFT for Bill's anger and behavior issues
- Unbearable hatred toward classmates
- Anger and Hostility are Proven to Damage Lungs; Simple Acupressure Technique Offers a Solution
- Anger case history from a client
- EFT for workplace anger
- Josh: Building rapport with children--anger & behavior problems.
- EFT for anger helps both Ann and her angry husband--note the surrogate approach
- Using EFT for on-the-spot "hopping mad" anger
- Surrogate EFT for fighting neighbors
- Brandon's Story--anger problem becomes history: (including an update at the end)
- EFT for deep seated anger
- EFT and severe mental illness--a murderous impulse
- An interesting approach to EFT and road rage
- Anger management approach for a polarity responder
- The cause of our anger isn't always as it appears
- A client talks about her abusive childhood and her relief via EFT
- Resentments relieved 22 years after a poor birthing experience
- EFT resolves long term resentment
- The EFT Cooling Tower Technique for Letting off Steam
- Press Release: Can a One-Minute Anger Management Technique Reduce Injury Risk and Chronic Illness?
- Releasing anger patterns with EFT
- A client resolves lifelong anger on her own
- Clearing anger and self loathing with EFT via introduction to inner child
- Stubborn anger issue falls to 0 with emphatic "say what you feel" wording.
- Road Rage and hives disappear in one session after getting to the core issue
- Depression Drugs and Migraine Drugs Don't Always Do The Job
- Dr. Patricia Carrington on depression--a detailed discussion, including meds
- Depression, height phobia and claustrophobia eliminated in one session
- Depression related to guilt
- When depression comes from a related issue
- From depressed and suicidal ... to ... "I laugh all the time
- Depression on Death Row
- EFT Newcomer eliminates his own deep depression and anxiety disorder
- An intimate look at Depression
- EFT instead of shock treatments?
- EFT resolves 12 years of postnatal depression
- What was REALLY causing Anne's depression?
- EFT student eases his wife's suicidal thoughts
- Louella: Depression, pesticides and low blood sugar
- A successful but involved depression case--"I don't want to tell you how well I'm doing"
- Persistent EFT by Email on depression, anger and anxiety
- Cross dressing, sexuality and depression
- Long term severe depression gone in ten minutes
- Jaqui Crooks used EFT to overcome her Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD)
- Maggie eliminates her own depression
- Surrogate tapping and its effect on depression.
- Approaching Depression with the Tearless Trauma Technique
- After 15 years of therapy, including shock therapy, EFT helps release depression
- A case that didn't work--and some suggestions
- A first class look at using EFT for a complex case - depression, guilt, grief and abandonment
- Was it really a manic/depressive disorder?
- A textbook depression case--a "one minute wonder" complete with belief changes
- Major results for anxiety, depression and social issues from one thorough EFT session and consistent EFT "homework"
- Success with a skeptical, depressed scientist - follow up included
- Depression, low self esteem and childhood traumas
- Persistence and a challenging case - Incest, abuse, depression, anxiety attacks, nightmares and flashbacks
- A mis-diagnosed manic/depressive disorder
- Depression with numerous underlying issues
- Hair loss and facial blemishes fade after EFT relieves important emotional issues -- Depression too!
- Adrienne, a physician
- Gary discusses depression and some new ideas
- A non-therapist does superb work on depression--including her own.
- Newbie uses EFT on depression, allergic reactions and more
- 30+ years of depression gone in 2 minutes
- EFT saves a life by rapidly resolving suicidal depression
- Depression and confusion about God
- EFT on personal depression--"I was angry at myself"
- Press Release: New Method for Depression Often Works When Nothing Else Will
- Panic And Anxiety
- Panic attacks and fear of darkness
- Addressing Generalized Anxiety Disorder by aiming EFT at specific events
- Non-therapist relieves stress in the form of a temper tantrum
- EFT for panic attacks
- Who Would Have Thought That Acupressure Could Relieve Social Anxiety Better Than Drugs or Therapy?
- Daddy left me. Will my new boyfriend leave me too?
- Courtroom anxiety AND anxiety about calling employers
- One EFT phone session resolves driving test anxiety -- and the benefits expand
- Performance anxiety and many aspects
- EFT brings relief for trauma, anxiety, and an overactive bladder, all in less than an hour
- Test anxiety
- Using EFT for Social Anxiety Disorder
- Surgeon Uses New Acupressure Technique to Lower Surgery Risk
- Overcoming Test Anxiety with New Drug-Free Technique: 80% Success Rate
- Daily tapping for Panic Attacks
- Anxiety related to atrial fibrillation is calmed with EFT
- Performance anxiety at a music camp
- Gayla uses EFT for panic
- Travel Anxiety--using the Tell the Story Technique
- Febrile convulsions and related panic attacks subside--not one attack in the two years since she learned to use EFT
- Successful surrogate tapping for surgery anxiety
- Persistence and Panic Attacks - Quality results on a stubborn issue
- Getting to the core of "Mark's" anxiety
- EFT for overeating and panic attacks
- Relief for another stress related cough
- Using EFT for panic when nobody is around
- New Method for Treating Anxiety Works When Conventional Treatments Fail
- Clearing social anxiety with EFT
- Two surrogate tapping cases: Dental anxiety and severe stomach ache
- Panic Attacks: Getting behind the thought process
- Husband relieves wife of major panic attack
- EFT newcomer rids himself of social anxiety
- Detective work crucial in relief for panic attacks
- Combining EFT with the Inner Theater approach for panic attacks
- Testing your EFT work: Feeling trapped and panic attacks
- A Quality "How To Do It" Session for Fear and Anxiety
- Diagnosed as a schizophrenic, Gregoire had anxiety, stress and insomnia
- Current "in your face" anxiety and stress case
- EFT makes good progress with panic, agoraphobia and feeling like a failure
- Sports anxiety, heat sensitivity, being away from home, loneliness, fear of insects.
- 20 year old abduction anxiety calmed with EFT
- Collapsing a client's anxiety from the 9/11 disaster--with 4 year follow-up
- Anxiety and the fear of being alone
- EFT student uses tapping to immediately calm down after a major car accident
- Medical school test anxiety--from C's and D's to A's and B's
- Success story with 10 day anxiety attack
- Surgery anxiety and EFT
- EFT helps adult learners overcome school and math anxiety
- EFT on a case of extreme separation anxiety in a dog and the importance of Core Issues for Animals
- Study Shows Simple Drug-Free Acupressure Technique Reduces Dental Anxiety
- Detective work provides help for an anxiety disorder
- Imagination tapping on the finger points reduces stress level to zero
- Using EFT for a client who feels out of control.
- One EFT round with Deborah's daughter relieves performance anxiety
- Newcomer uses EFT to collapse his own panic-attacks and writes letter to "Quackwatch"
- A detailed panic attack case
- Eric Robins, MD and Lisa Cox on surgery anxieties
- Severe anxiety client has his life back
- EFT Newbie resolves her own major trip anxiety
- Panic attacks and heart palpitations subside after doing EFT on dreams
- Anxiety, eating and more
- Success in neutralizing unwanted memories without the client disclosing the content
- OCD (Obsessive Compulsive Disorder)
- Imaginary tapping sends grief away
- EFT setup statements for grief
- An easy grief case with an aspect that showed up later
- Grief changes to smiles
- EFT may be a great relief to grief-stricken nurses who lose patients
- Fresh grief and a double benefit.
- Uncontrollable grief resolved with EFT
- Attorney helps client by using EFT for long term unresolved grief
- A grief case with many aspects
- When certain music triggers grief and sadness
- Freedom from grief in only 15 minutes
- Relieving grief over the death of Higgins the dog
- EFT turns grief into beauty
- EFT eliminates unnecessary grief emotions and softens the grieving process - includes 2 month follow up
- Using EFT for Bereavement
- Community relief from grief with EFT
- EFT brings healing to a whole family while one woman heals her grief
- This new Widow was helped in many ways by EFT
- EFT for grief and pet loss
- Tapping through grief leads to incredible insight and relief
- EFT for pain and grief for a birth mother who wasn't allowed to see her child -- a touching story with a happy ending
- Getting to important emotions by doing EFT while looking in the mirror
- Surrogate EFT heals a broken heart for a 16 year old boy
- Retired Stanford professor fixes his wife's computer with EFT
- Relationship success after finding core issue
- EFT to heal family relationships
- Using EFT on "blocking thoughts" to good relationships
- EFT and meditation for a broken heart
- EFT for love pain
- Shared tapping provides benefits for relationship issues
- EFT Instead of the psych ward after a relationship breaks up
- Taking relationships work to a new level--The Odd Couple
- Insights into picking up another person
- EFT heals a broken heart in rapid time
- Using EFT to improve a relationship
- EFT, One Minute Wonders and Opening to Love
- EFT by telephone smoothes out a tense family reunion
- Tapping on relationship issues
- Interesting way to use EFT & Tappy Bear for a broken heart
- Relationships, EFT and Spirituality
- Improve relationships by Tapping in the Positive
- Using EFT for relationship issues--a detailed case
- Tapping into a state of Love
- EFT resolves a 10 year heartbreak
- "I didn't like kissing my wife after she drank coffee."
- Jack improves his relationship with his grandson using surrogate EFT
- Addressing relationship and family issues by tapping on photographs
- How clearing an intense cough led to improved family relationships--an EFT two-for-one EFT benefit
- MD introduces an innovative idea that brings relief for stubborn relationship issue
- Finding the love you want by healing the inner child
- Relationship Issue: "My husband was being a jerk"
- Using EFT to prepare for a difficult encounter
- What holds you back from your lover?
- EFT is instrumental in bringing a couple back together
- Relationships - on "Being Right"
- Instant relationship fix?
- Relationship issue: A humorous approach
- EFT for Couples
- Combining role playing with EFT for relationships and other issues
- Using EFT for a Broken Heart
- The Healing Power of Forgiveness
- Love, Intuition, Patience and EFT help a schizophrenic 15 year old.
- A bout of cystitis turns out to be a bout of guilt
- Writing a letter
- Reframes (seeing things differently) for guilt, shame and sorrow
- Restless leg syndrome linked to guilt - 20 years of restlessness gone in 2 sessions
- How to reduce guilt via an EFT "Tapping Circle" -- keeping privacy for everyone
- The Rolling EFT process
- The "Tapping the System" Technique
- How Guilt and Shame Block the Law of Attraction
- Using EFT for unnecessary guilt - Did EFT get someone's husband to cook dinner?
- EFT and infertility
- Stubborn guilt finally subsides after doing a search on our website and DVDs for ideas
- A new do-it-yourself approach to acupressure alleviates stress and, in turn neutralizes cold, flu an
- Psychotherapy Dramatically Improved By New 'Acupuncture Without Needles' Technique
- New Acupressure Discovery Reduces Stress 4 Ways: 80% Success Rate
- Many Stressed Women Abandon Healthy Lifestyle Habits: Simple Acupressure Technique Offers a Solution
- To Physicians: New Discoveries in Acupressure Promise Everything From Alertness to Pain and Stress Management
- Eating Disorders
- "Acceptance Tapping" - A powerful EFT treatment variation for severe compulsive disorders and bulimia.
- Joe resolves his Anorexia...and more
- Love, diligence and an eating disorder
- Michal describes what it is like to be free from an eating disorder
- Two Year Bulimia Problem Gets Major Assist in One Hour
- A Bulimia "one session wonder"
- Bulimia in Brazil
- Anger Management
Table of Contents Help
The tabs on the right are shortcuts to where you have been:
- Previous Screen
- Previous Articles
- Previous Categories
- Start Page
- Hide Entire Menu
Swiping to the left will take you to the previous screen.
The folder icon indicates that more content is available. Click on the icon or the associated text, or swipe to the right to see the additional content.
Other Emotional Issues
Important Note: This article was written prior to 2010 and is now outdated. Please use my newest advancement, Optimal EFT. It is more efficient, more powerful and clearly explained in my free e-book, The Unseen Therapist™. Best wishes, Gary
Marie Holliday from Spain shows us what is possible for a severe anxiety case. Note the details about the lengthy session and the diligence afterwards by her client.
This case concerns a thirty seven year old lady called Leyla (she asked to change her name).
When I met Leyla at the end of August last year she was suffering from severe anxiety attacks. This terrible anxiety had been with her for over seventeen years. She had a nervous breakdown when she was younger where she was institutionalized for a month suffering with depression. When we met her symptoms at this stage were:
extremely self conscious, lacking in confidence, fear of what to say to people, constant worry, afraid of meeting people, particularly the opposite sex, drinking too much to stop her fear & paranoia, felt guilty all the time and hated herself, palpitations
Leyla had moved to Spain recently to be with her mother whom had been her constant caregiver through life, particularly during her bad times, of which there were many. She had been unable to work because of her constant anxiety attacks and fear of meting people and total lack of confidence.
She didn't drive and this was a problem, as the area she lives in is relatively isolated, particularlyf or younger people. She was wondering about moving back to the UK because she was so unhappy, but had been unhappy there too.
Her mother had spent a fortune for her on therapies, analysis, treatment etc. over the long years. Most of this time Leyla had been on anti depressants.
When we met, Leyla was at the end of her limit with her problems, desperately unhappy, depressed,feeling constantly unwell. In her own words "I'm making myself ill."
She had a particular night out that had brought her to this final desperate plea for help ... she just called it "Lost it in the karaoke bar". The night involved a lot of drinking, some bad behavior towards a pub landlord and meeting a guy she quite liked but she thought she embarrassed herself with him. Because it is a small town where everyone knows each other, she was dreading seeing him again and the barman.
Next morning she couldn't remember much and knew she was behaving like this with drink to cover her anxiety but then only felt worse next day, which made her more anxious. She said it was "like a Big black cloud" hanging over her and 0-10 intensity intensity for this was an 8.
I started tapping on this "big black cloud" during which time she sobbed her heart out and we continued the tapping until she quieted.
The tapping continued on "being self conscious" during which time she said "I hate that term!".
On asking why, "she said you're not self conscious, Marie, you're confident."
We then tapped on " Your'e OK..I'm not"
The next sequence she called "the Wednesday thing", this was the night she had been out and was drunk.
Her intensity level was lowering but shot straight back to a trembling "8" with the "Wednesday thing".
The next sequence was "lost it in the karaoke bar"
Then finally "remaining lad thing"
During the next few rounds her emotional intensity dropped dramatically to a "1".
During the tapping on the PR point I constantly added references and lengthy detail around the events, and imagining the scenario around her seeing this guy from karaoke bar and what she would do ...also walking in the bar and seeing the barman she had been rude to.
Whilst tapping, we spent quite some time on acting out the scenes mentally, then checking if she felt OK with seeing the guy now. We also tapped for what she would like to have instead of this big black cloud over her. She said she would like to be "Bright, sunny , cheerful and yellow".
I said perhaps like a" Big Yellow Beach ball?"
Leyla loved this image, so we tapped on" even though I have this terrible fear of people and what to say, what to do...I am going to be just like a big Bright, Sunny yellow beach ball. I will bounce along through life, bounce down the streets, not scared of anyone. If I see this guy I will shine out so much sunshine I will dazzle him with my personality, what I say...in fact I can see myself apologizing to him and buying him a coffee in case I offended him that night and then bounce along through life like this big yellow ball"
We also used this imagery process and tapping on the "barman embarrassment" incident and buying him a drink and apologizing. During our session, Leyla had a palpitation attack which we tapped for and that dissipated.
Finally I designed a maintenance plan for Leyla to tap on daily for whatever cropped up (and taught her how to tap)
first thing in a morning for how she is feeling.
Some daily issues:
pre tap before she is due to meet someone or go somewhere.
tap if she felt anxious
tap if she had palpitations
The session was about 3 hours but Leyla was left feeling more relaxed than she can ever remember and very tired.
To follow up, I rang Leyla after a few days. I spoke to her mother who said she had never seen her as relaxed but very sleepy just constantly sleeping. She was also tapping each day regularly and had bought a Bright Yellow Beach Ball!!
Leyla rung about a week later and commented she was feeling very calm, more relaxed but still very tired. we discussed to keep tapping and this tiredness would go in its own time bearing in mind she had felt so ill for such a long time...perhaps her body needed to sleep?
I had just returned from your conference Gary in UK when I received a call from Leyla saying "Thank you for helping to get my life back together Marie." I said it wasn't me but EFT. I just kick started her body and that she was the secret of her own success because she was tapping several times a day on anything and everything that came up.
She rung again about a week later with another thank you and that she felt like "superwoman".
She had so much energy, she had visited a friend who was always the life and soul of the party and she was not intimidated now by other people and what to say. She felt happy, confident, looking forward to a new life.
Her mother came on the phone, she was over the moon about it and said she couldn't believe after one treatment of EFT that she had got her lovely daughter back. She had spent so much money on treatments in the past, her financial resources had been drained but she was buying Leyla a car as a present.
Today before I wrote to you, I rung Leyla to ask if I could have permission to share her story and she was delighted, saying if it could help anyone else that would be great.
Five months on, she is still feeling good about herself. She taps once a day, every morning and if she occasionally has bad moments taps on those when they happen.
She now has a job with her brother doing holiday changeovers in apartments.
She has had her first driving lesson in her new car and recommends everyone she meets to look in on the EFT web site.
She feels it is like starting a life over again. She is very slowly coming off her anti depressants and doesn't feel the need for them. We both shared "Happy New Years" as we finished our conversation and I think, hope and pray that Leyla's will be one of the best ever for her.
I feel privileged to share Leylas' story with you all ..as I have said to Gary a few times, EFT is the best gift I have ever received in my life, it is too good to keep to ourselves, we must pass it on.
Warm regards to all,
FOR MORE EFT HELP ...
Explore our newest advancement, Optimal EFT™, by reading my free e-book, The Unseen Therapist™. More efficient. More powerful.