- Other Emotional Issues
- Anger Management
- An unusual anger release
- Anger in a homeless shelter
- A murderous rage is calmed with EFT
- Intuitional work with anger
- A First Class use of Surrogate EFT for Bill's anger and behavior issues
- EFT Transforms "hopping-mad" anger
- Anger and Hostility are Proven to Damage Lungs; Simple Acupressure Technique Offers a Solution
- Anger case history from a client
- EFT for workplace anger
- Josh: Building rapport with children--anger & behavior problems.
- EFT for anger helps both Ann and her angry husband--note the surrogate approach
- Unbearable hatred toward classmates
- Surrogate EFT for fighting neighbors
- Brandon's Story--anger problem becomes history: (including an update at the end)
- EFT for deep seated anger
- EFT and severe mental illness--a murderous impulse
- An interesting approach to EFT and road rage
- Using EFT for on-the-spot "hopping mad" anger
- Anger management approach for a polarity responder
- The cause of our anger isn't always as it appears
- A client talks about her abusive childhood and her relief via EFT
- Resentments relieved 22 years after a poor birthing experience
- EFT resolves long term resentment
- The EFT Cooling Tower Technique for Letting off Steam
- Press Release: Can a One-Minute Anger Management Technique Reduce Injury Risk and Chronic Illness?
- Releasing anger patterns with EFT
- A client resolves lifelong anger on her own
- Clearing anger and self loathing with EFT via introduction to inner child
- Stubborn anger issue falls to 0 with emphatic "say what you feel" wording.
- Road Rage and hives disappear in one session after getting to the core issue
- New Technique Helps Avoid Heart Damage by Diffusing Anger Within Marital Arguments
- The client who continually felt resentful
- Employee overcomes anger at supervisor
- Jonas uses EFT for deeper meditation - dangerous PSA reading is now only 0.4
- School Counselor on anger and tension,
- Getting behind a successful EFT anger case
- Football Star Uses New Acupressure Technique to Calm his Road Rage -- No Drugs Needed
- Transgender person with abusive mother relieves rage with EFT
- Anger case--the urge to explode
- Even dropping the kids off at school provides tapping opportunities - an anger issue
- Using EFT to self-calm an intense anger tantrum
- Useful thoughts on anger by Stewart Robertson
- Releasing anger at parents allowed healing of ulcerative colitis and headaches
- Suppressed anger expelled via the stomach
- EFT for self righteous anger
- Getting over a gang rape--including a follow-up
- EFT alleviates horrendous self-hatred and rage
- Calming down Teddy, an emotionally disturbedboy
- EFT for anger underlying ALS
- Long term severe depression gone in ten minutes
- Jaqui Crooks used EFT to overcome her Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD)
- Maggie eliminates her own depression
- Surrogate tapping and its effect on depression.
- Persistent EFT by Email on depression, anger and anxiety
- Cross dressing, sexuality and depression
- A case that didn't work--and some suggestions
- A first class look at using EFT for a complex case - depression, guilt, grief and abandonment
- Was it really a manic/depressive disorder?
- A textbook depression case--a "one minute wonder" complete with belief changes
- Approaching Depression with the Tearless Trauma Technique
- After 15 years of therapy, including shock therapy, EFT helps release depression
- Success with a skeptical, depressed scientist - follow up included
- Depression, low self esteem and childhood traumas
- Persistence and a challenging case - Incest, abuse, depression, anxiety attacks, nightmares and flashbacks
- A mis-diagnosed manic/depressive disorder
- Depression with numerous underlying issues
- Major results for anxiety, depression and social issues from one thorough EFT session and consistent EFT "homework"
- Hair loss and facial blemishes fade after EFT relieves important emotional issues -- Depression too!
- Adrienne, a physician
- Gary discusses depression and some new ideas
- A non-therapist does superb work on depression--including her own.
- Newbie uses EFT on depression, allergic reactions and more
- 30+ years of depression gone in 2 minutes
- EFT saves a life by rapidly resolving suicidal depression
- Depression and confusion about God
- EFT on personal depression--"I was angry at myself"
- Press Release: New Method for Depression Often Works When Nothing Else Will
- Dr. Patricia Carrington on depression--a detailed discussion, including meds
- Depression, height phobia and claustrophobia eliminated in one session
- Depression related to guilt
- When depression comes from a related issue
- Depression Drugs and Migraine Drugs Don't Always Do The Job
- Depression on Death Row
- EFT Newcomer eliminates his own deep depression and anxiety disorder
- An intimate look at Depression
- EFT instead of shock treatments?
- From depressed and suicidal ... to ... "I laugh all the time
- What was REALLY causing Anne's depression?
- EFT student eases his wife's suicidal thoughts
- Louella: Depression, pesticides and low blood sugar
- A successful but involved depression case--"I don't want to tell you how well I'm doing"
- EFT resolves 12 years of postnatal depression
- Panic And Anxiety
- New Method for Treating Anxiety Works When Conventional Treatments Fail
- Clearing social anxiety with EFT
- Two surrogate tapping cases: Dental anxiety and severe stomach ache
- Panic Attacks: Getting behind the thought process
- Husband relieves wife of major panic attack
- EFT newcomer rids himself of social anxiety
- Relief for another stress related cough
- Using EFT for panic when nobody is around
- Combining EFT with the Inner Theater approach for panic attacks
- Testing your EFT work: Feeling trapped and panic attacks
- A Quality "How To Do It" Session for Fear and Anxiety
- Diagnosed as a schizophrenic, Gregoire had anxiety, stress and insomnia
- Current "in your face" anxiety and stress case
- EFT makes good progress with panic, agoraphobia and feeling like a failure
- Detective work crucial in relief for panic attacks
- Sports anxiety, heat sensitivity, being away from home, loneliness, fear of insects.
- 20 year old abduction anxiety calmed with EFT
- Collapsing a client's anxiety from the 9/11 disaster--with 4 year follow-up
- Anxiety and the fear of being alone
- EFT student uses tapping to immediately calm down after a major car accident
- Medical school test anxiety--from C's and D's to A's and B's
- Success story with 10 day anxiety attack
- Surgery anxiety and EFT
- EFT helps adult learners overcome school and math anxiety
- EFT on a case of extreme separation anxiety in a dog and the importance of Core Issues for Animals
- Study Shows Simple Drug-Free Acupressure Technique Reduces Dental Anxiety
- Detective work provides help for an anxiety disorder
- Imagination tapping on the finger points reduces stress level to zero
- Using EFT for a client who feels out of control.
- One EFT round with Deborah's daughter relieves performance anxiety
- Eric Robins, MD and Lisa Cox on surgery anxieties
- Severe anxiety client has his life back
- EFT Newbie resolves her own major trip anxiety
- Panic attacks and heart palpitations subside after doing EFT on dreams
- Anxiety, eating and more
- Success in neutralizing unwanted memories without the client disclosing the content
- Newcomer uses EFT to collapse his own panic-attacks and writes letter to "Quackwatch"
- A detailed panic attack case
- Non-therapist relieves stress in the form of a temper tantrum
- EFT for panic attacks
- Who Would Have Thought That Acupressure Could Relieve Social Anxiety Better Than Drugs or Therapy?
- Daddy left me. Will my new boyfriend leave me too?
- Courtroom anxiety AND anxiety about calling employers
- One EFT phone session resolves driving test anxiety -- and the benefits expand
- Panic attacks and fear of darkness
- Addressing Generalized Anxiety Disorder by aiming EFT at specific events
- Test anxiety
- Using EFT for Social Anxiety Disorder
- Surgeon Uses New Acupressure Technique to Lower Surgery Risk
- Overcoming Test Anxiety with New Drug-Free Technique: 80% Success Rate
- Daily tapping for Panic Attacks
- Anxiety related to atrial fibrillation is calmed with EFT
- Performance anxiety and many aspects
- EFT brings relief for trauma, anxiety, and an overactive bladder, all in less than an hour
- Travel Anxiety--using the Tell the Story Technique
- Febrile convulsions and related panic attacks subside--not one attack in the two years since she learned to use EFT
- Successful surrogate tapping for surgery anxiety
- Persistence and Panic Attacks - Quality results on a stubborn issue
- Getting to the core of "Mark's" anxiety
- EFT for overeating and panic attacks
- Performance anxiety at a music camp
- Gayla uses EFT for panic
- OCD (Obsessive Compulsive Disorder)
- Freedom from grief in only 15 minutes
- Relieving grief over the death of Higgins the dog
- When certain music triggers grief and sadness
- EFT turns grief into beauty
- EFT eliminates unnecessary grief emotions and softens the grieving process - includes 2 month follow up
- Using EFT for Bereavement
- Community relief from grief with EFT
- EFT brings healing to a whole family while one woman heals her grief
- EFT for grief and pet loss
- This new Widow was helped in many ways by EFT
- EFT for pain and grief for a birth mother who wasn't allowed to see her child -- a touching story with a happy ending
- Getting to important emotions by doing EFT while looking in the mirror
- Tapping through grief leads to incredible insight and relief
- EFT setup statements for grief
- An easy grief case with an aspect that showed up later
- Imaginary tapping sends grief away
- EFT may be a great relief to grief-stricken nurses who lose patients
- Fresh grief and a double benefit.
- Grief changes to smiles
- Attorney helps client by using EFT for long term unresolved grief
- A grief case with many aspects
- Uncontrollable grief resolved with EFT
- Tapping on relationship issues
- Interesting way to use EFT & Tappy Bear for a broken heart
- Relationships, EFT and Spirituality
- Improve relationships by Tapping in the Positive
- Using EFT for relationship issues--a detailed case
- Tapping into a state of Love
- EFT resolves a 10 year heartbreak
- "I didn't like kissing my wife after she drank coffee."
- Jack improves his relationship with his grandson using surrogate EFT
- Addressing relationship and family issues by tapping on photographs
- How clearing an intense cough led to improved family relationships--an EFT two-for-one EFT benefit
- MD introduces an innovative idea that brings relief for stubborn relationship issue
- Finding the love you want by healing the inner child
- Relationship Issue: "My husband was being a jerk"
- Using EFT to prepare for a difficult encounter
- EFT is instrumental in bringing a couple back together
- Relationships - on "Being Right"
- Instant relationship fix?
- Relationship issue: A humorous approach
- What holds you back from your lover?
- Combining role playing with EFT for relationships and other issues
- Using EFT for a Broken Heart
- The Healing Power of Forgiveness
- Love, Intuition, Patience and EFT help a schizophrenic 15 year old.
- EFT for Couples
- Retired Stanford professor fixes his wife's computer with EFT
- Relationship success after finding core issue
- EFT to heal family relationships
- Using EFT on "blocking thoughts" to good relationships
- Surrogate EFT heals a broken heart for a 16 year old boy
- EFT for love pain
- Shared tapping provides benefits for relationship issues
- EFT Instead of the psych ward after a relationship breaks up
- Taking relationships work to a new level--The Odd Couple
- EFT and meditation for a broken heart
- EFT heals a broken heart in rapid time
- Using EFT to improve a relationship
- EFT, One Minute Wonders and Opening to Love
- EFT by telephone smoothes out a tense family reunion
- Insights into picking up another person
- Restless leg syndrome linked to guilt - 20 years of restlessness gone in 2 sessions
- How to reduce guilt via an EFT "Tapping Circle" -- keeping privacy for everyone
- The "Tapping the System" Technique
- The Rolling EFT process
- Using EFT for unnecessary guilt - Did EFT get someone's husband to cook dinner?
- How Guilt and Shame Block the Law of Attraction
- Stubborn guilt finally subsides after doing a search on our website and DVDs for ideas
- EFT and infertility
- A bout of cystitis turns out to be a bout of guilt
- Writing a letter
- Reframes (seeing things differently) for guilt, shame and sorrow
- Many Stressed Women Abandon Healthy Lifestyle Habits: Simple Acupressure Technique Offers a Solution
- To Physicians: New Discoveries in Acupressure Promise Everything From Alertness to Pain and Stress Management
- A new do-it-yourself approach to acupressure alleviates stress and, in turn neutralizes cold, flu an
- Psychotherapy Dramatically Improved By New 'Acupuncture Without Needles' Technique
- New Acupressure Discovery Reduces Stress 4 Ways: 80% Success Rate
- Eating Disorders
- Michal describes what it is like to be free from an eating disorder
- Two Year Bulimia Problem Gets Major Assist in One Hour
- A Bulimia "one session wonder"
- Bulimia in Brazil
- "Acceptance Tapping" - A powerful EFT treatment variation for severe compulsive disorders and bulimia.
- Joe resolves his Anorexia...and more
- Love, diligence and an eating disorder
- Anger Management
Table of Contents Help
The tabs on the right are shortcuts to where you have been:
- Previous Screen
- Previous Articles
- Previous Categories
- Start Page
- Hide Entire Menu
Swiping to the left will take you to the previous screen.
The folder icon indicates that more content is available. Click on the icon or the associated text, or swipe to the right to see the additional content.
Other Emotional Issues
EFT resolves 12 years of postnatal depression
Important Note: This article was written prior to 2010 and is now outdated. Please use my newest advancement, Optimal EFT. It is more efficient, more powerful and clearly explained in my free e-book, The Unseen Therapist™. Best wishes, Gary
Deirdre Brocklebank, from Australia, steps us through the many steps of a successful resolution of postnatal depression (resulting from a stillborn birth).
I have been using and teaching EFT with great success for more than five years. I am also a registered reflexologist and I use EFT combined with Reflexology and other energy therapies including Reiki, Pranic and Theta healing for most of my sessions with clients. The majority of my clients are women and I particularly enjoy working with issues around pregnancy.
This particular client, whom I will call Mary, is a teacher’s assistant and she was feeling very stressed about getting a job as a result of school closures and restructuring of the education system. Her main concern, however, was the postnatal depression which she’d had for the last 12 years. The depression started after the stillbirth of her second child but it was undiagnosed for 10 years.
She had been on antidepressants for the last 2 years. Mary’s first child was born by caesarean delivery but she had since had a third child by normal delivery. Mary had also been experiencing tinnitus for the last 25 years as well as headaches, migraines, sinus with head pressure and tension, plus fatigue and low energy. She had also experienced repetitive strain injury in both her arms since 1982.
The first two-hour session with Mary was comprised of one hour of EFT followed by one hour of vertical and seated Reflexology including Ayurvedic massage.
I asked Mary if she would like to start the session by talking about the births of her first two children. She agreed and as she had some experience with EFT, I asked her to tap on herself while she talked.
She told me she “desperately wanted a natural birth in the birth centre” for her first child and in her words “despite taking castor oil, the first baby didn’t come.” As a consequence of this she had a caesarean. Mary was not able to rate the intensity of her feelings around this so I asked her to describe what she was feeling emotionally and how she felt physically. She said she was feeling defeat with chest tightness and tension in her bowels.
I explained Patricia Carrington’s EFT Choices routine to Mary, as she was not familiar with this. We then each rubbed on our own Sore Spot for the following setup statement. Even though I desperately wanted a natural birth in the birth centre and it didn’t happen, I now choose to believe and accept that the caesarean was perfect for the Highest Good of both myself and my daughter.
I tapped randomly on Mary’s Top of Head (TH), Eye Brow (EB) and Collar Bone (CB) points while she tapped one round through from the TH to the KC while making negative statements including I wanted a natural birth and I failed; she came when she was ready even though I took the castor oil… This was followed by two more rounds in which she tapped from the TH to the KC while making similar statements.
During this tapping Mary developed an increasing tightness in her chest. It felt as though she had a tight belt around it. I asked her if the belt was buckled or tied. She said it was buckled and I asked her to mentally “unbuckle” it to release the tension. This was very effective.
Mary then felt a sharp stabbing pain in her heart chakra. I asked her to visualise pink light going in through her crown chakra and then into her chest and heart chakra. I guided her in visualising this light going throughout her body with love, while it removed any grayness and pain and sent it into the earth. I then asked Mary to visualise white light going through her to bring in unconditional love to her entire body. The pain in her heart chakra disappeared. (I often use lights in this way to bring in love energy and to remove hurt).
We then tapped on ourselves for her constricted breathing. Mary’s breathing became easier very quickly following this and she no longer had any remaining tension in her chest.
Mary and I then tapped on ourselves for a couple of more rounds while she made positive statements including, I did the right thing choosing a caesarean for my first daughter. This was followed with a round in which she alternated negative statements with positive statements. The negative statements included I feel guilty about having a caesarean; I failed as a woman; I failed as a mother; I failed my daughter; I failed myself; I’m a control freak... The positive alternating statements included that mentioned above, plus I’m perfect the way I am. Following this tapping routine, Mary was able to repeat the story of the caesarean birth with no adverse emotional or physical reactions.
Mary then became very sad and distressed while talking about her second child’s birth. Once again she had desperately wanted a natural home birth even though she was advised to have a caesarean. The outcome was that she did have the baby at home (with a doctor present) and even though “it was a completely normal birth” the baby was born dead.
She was very distressed and crying while she told me this and so I asked her to focus on the memory of the incident while I tapped on her. I spoke the following setup statement while I tapped. Even though I had a stillbirth and if I hadn’t wanted a home birth so much it would have been OK. I failed the baby and myself as well. Even so, I deeply and completely accept myself unconditionally with love and gratitude.
With her permission, I tapped on her CB points while she repeated the following forgiveness statements after me. I forgive myself for creating this. I forgive anyone else involved in this. I am ready to let it go. I let it go now. I let it go completely. Mary was crying during this. I then tapped her gamut point and she did the 9 procedures for this point while focusing on the birth. I then asked her to follow my hand with her eyes (without moving her head), as I moved it from floor to ceiling while she tapped her KC and repeating the following after me. Even though I still feel sad that I had a still birth I deeply and completely accept myself unconditionally with love and gratitude, plus the forgiveness statements mentioned above.
When retelling the story Mary said, “I had a still home birth and the contractions started 10 minutes before Ebony was born.” Mary was feeling deep sadness but it was general and she no longer felt it in a specific place in her body. I suggested she mentally thank her daughter for the privilege of knowing her and that she send her love. She is quite spiritual and she said that she and her husband “know” that their daughter is still connected to them in love. She also knew that “the birth was meant to be.”
Mary was now feeling lightness instead of overwhelming sadness and tension. I muscle tested her and found that she was dehydrated so I asked her to visualise her body taking in water when she drank. She immediately re-hydrated and this was confirmed by muscle testing . (I often suggest to my clients who have trouble hydrating, that they imagine they are a sponge while drinking the water. This visualisation is very successful in helping with hydration).
Mary then retold the story of the stillbirth and shocked herself when she said “I had a wonderful still birth.” She burst out laughing about this. She said for the first time since her daughter was born dead she was feeling joy, instead of pain when she thought about her.
Mary also responded well to the Reflexology after the EFT and during the treatment she felt energy flowing into her arms and fingers where she had the repetitive strain injury. At the end of the session she felt lighter, without any tension in her chest. She also no longer had any pressure in her head which was unusual for her.
I have since seen Mary for two more treatments. The stillbirth is definitely no longer an issue for her and her energy improved dramatically after the first session. The next morning she woke up feeling great and went for a walk “for the first time in ages.” She looked as though she had had “an emotional face lift” and she felt as though “a light had gone on inside” her. After the second session her energy dropped off a bit due to work and other stresses and we addressed this in the third session.
Deirdre Brocklebank BA, Dip Reflexology, EFT Practitioner and Teacher.
FOR MORE EFT HELP ...
Explore our newest advancement, Optimal EFT™, by reading my free e-book, The Unseen Therapist™. More efficient. More powerful.