- Other Emotional Issues
- Anger Management
- Using EFT for on-the-spot "hopping mad" anger
- Surrogate EFT for fighting neighbors
- Brandon's Story--anger problem becomes history: (including an update at the end)
- EFT for deep seated anger
- EFT and severe mental illness--a murderous impulse
- An interesting approach to EFT and road rage
- Anger management approach for a polarity responder
- The cause of our anger isn't always as it appears
- A client talks about her abusive childhood and her relief via EFT
- Resentments relieved 22 years after a poor birthing experience
- EFT resolves long term resentment
- The EFT Cooling Tower Technique for Letting off Steam
- Press Release: Can a One-Minute Anger Management Technique Reduce Injury Risk and Chronic Illness?
- Releasing anger patterns with EFT
- A client resolves lifelong anger on her own
- Clearing anger and self loathing with EFT via introduction to inner child
- Stubborn anger issue falls to 0 with emphatic "say what you feel" wording.
- Road Rage and hives disappear in one session after getting to the core issue
- New Technique Helps Avoid Heart Damage by Diffusing Anger Within Marital Arguments
- The client who continually felt resentful
- Employee overcomes anger at supervisor
- Jonas uses EFT for deeper meditation - dangerous PSA reading is now only 0.4
- School Counselor on anger and tension,
- Getting behind a successful EFT anger case
- Football Star Uses New Acupressure Technique to Calm his Road Rage -- No Drugs Needed
- Transgender person with abusive mother relieves rage with EFT
- Anger case--the urge to explode
- Even dropping the kids off at school provides tapping opportunities - an anger issue
- Using EFT to self-calm an intense anger tantrum
- Useful thoughts on anger by Stewart Robertson
- Releasing anger at parents allowed healing of ulcerative colitis and headaches
- Suppressed anger expelled via the stomach
- EFT for self righteous anger
- Getting over a gang rape--including a follow-up
- EFT alleviates horrendous self-hatred and rage
- Calming down Teddy, an emotionally disturbedboy
- EFT for anger underlying ALS
- An unusual anger release
- Anger in a homeless shelter
- A murderous rage is calmed with EFT
- Intuitional work with anger
- A First Class use of Surrogate EFT for Bill's anger and behavior issues
- EFT Transforms "hopping-mad" anger
- Unbearable hatred toward classmates
- Anger and Hostility are Proven to Damage Lungs; Simple Acupressure Technique Offers a Solution
- Anger case history from a client
- EFT for workplace anger
- Josh: Building rapport with children--anger & behavior problems.
- EFT for anger helps both Ann and her angry husband--note the surrogate approach
- Major results for anxiety, depression and social issues from one thorough EFT session and consistent EFT "homework"
- Success with a skeptical, depressed scientist - follow up included
- Depression, low self esteem and childhood traumas
- Persistence and a challenging case - Incest, abuse, depression, anxiety attacks, nightmares and flashbacks
- A mis-diagnosed manic/depressive disorder
- Depression with numerous underlying issues
- Hair loss and facial blemishes fade after EFT relieves important emotional issues -- Depression too!
- Adrienne, a physician
- Gary discusses depression and some new ideas
- A non-therapist does superb work on depression--including her own.
- Newbie uses EFT on depression, allergic reactions and more
- 30+ years of depression gone in 2 minutes
- EFT saves a life by rapidly resolving suicidal depression
- Depression and confusion about God
- EFT on personal depression--"I was angry at myself"
- Press Release: New Method for Depression Often Works When Nothing Else Will
- Dr. Patricia Carrington on depression--a detailed discussion, including meds
- Depression, height phobia and claustrophobia eliminated in one session
- Depression related to guilt
- When depression comes from a related issue
- Depression Drugs and Migraine Drugs Don't Always Do The Job
- Depression on Death Row
- EFT Newcomer eliminates his own deep depression and anxiety disorder
- An intimate look at Depression
- EFT instead of shock treatments?
- From depressed and suicidal ... to ... "I laugh all the time
- What was REALLY causing Anne's depression?
- EFT student eases his wife's suicidal thoughts
- Louella: Depression, pesticides and low blood sugar
- A successful but involved depression case--"I don't want to tell you how well I'm doing"
- EFT resolves 12 years of postnatal depression
- Persistent EFT by Email on depression, anger and anxiety
- Cross dressing, sexuality and depression
- Long term severe depression gone in ten minutes
- Jaqui Crooks used EFT to overcome her Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD)
- Maggie eliminates her own depression
- Surrogate tapping and its effect on depression.
- Approaching Depression with the Tearless Trauma Technique
- After 15 years of therapy, including shock therapy, EFT helps release depression
- A case that didn't work--and some suggestions
- A first class look at using EFT for a complex case - depression, guilt, grief and abandonment
- Was it really a manic/depressive disorder?
- A textbook depression case--a "one minute wonder" complete with belief changes
- Panic And Anxiety
- Sports anxiety, heat sensitivity, being away from home, loneliness, fear of insects.
- 20 year old abduction anxiety calmed with EFT
- Collapsing a client's anxiety from the 9/11 disaster--with 4 year follow-up
- Anxiety and the fear of being alone
- EFT student uses tapping to immediately calm down after a major car accident
- Medical school test anxiety--from C's and D's to A's and B's
- Success story with 10 day anxiety attack
- Surgery anxiety and EFT
- EFT helps adult learners overcome school and math anxiety
- EFT on a case of extreme separation anxiety in a dog and the importance of Core Issues for Animals
- Study Shows Simple Drug-Free Acupressure Technique Reduces Dental Anxiety
- Detective work provides help for an anxiety disorder
- Imagination tapping on the finger points reduces stress level to zero
- Using EFT for a client who feels out of control.
- One EFT round with Deborah's daughter relieves performance anxiety
- Eric Robins, MD and Lisa Cox on surgery anxieties
- Severe anxiety client has his life back
- EFT Newbie resolves her own major trip anxiety
- Panic attacks and heart palpitations subside after doing EFT on dreams
- Anxiety, eating and more
- Success in neutralizing unwanted memories without the client disclosing the content
- Newcomer uses EFT to collapse his own panic-attacks and writes letter to "Quackwatch"
- A detailed panic attack case
- Non-therapist relieves stress in the form of a temper tantrum
- EFT for panic attacks
- Who Would Have Thought That Acupressure Could Relieve Social Anxiety Better Than Drugs or Therapy?
- Daddy left me. Will my new boyfriend leave me too?
- Courtroom anxiety AND anxiety about calling employers
- One EFT phone session resolves driving test anxiety -- and the benefits expand
- Panic attacks and fear of darkness
- Addressing Generalized Anxiety Disorder by aiming EFT at specific events
- Test anxiety
- Using EFT for Social Anxiety Disorder
- Surgeon Uses New Acupressure Technique to Lower Surgery Risk
- Overcoming Test Anxiety with New Drug-Free Technique: 80% Success Rate
- Daily tapping for Panic Attacks
- Anxiety related to atrial fibrillation is calmed with EFT
- Performance anxiety and many aspects
- EFT brings relief for trauma, anxiety, and an overactive bladder, all in less than an hour
- Performance anxiety at a music camp
- Gayla uses EFT for panic
- Travel Anxiety--using the Tell the Story Technique
- Febrile convulsions and related panic attacks subside--not one attack in the two years since she learned to use EFT
- Successful surrogate tapping for surgery anxiety
- Persistence and Panic Attacks - Quality results on a stubborn issue
- Getting to the core of "Mark's" anxiety
- EFT for overeating and panic attacks
- Relief for another stress related cough
- Using EFT for panic when nobody is around
- New Method for Treating Anxiety Works When Conventional Treatments Fail
- Clearing social anxiety with EFT
- Two surrogate tapping cases: Dental anxiety and severe stomach ache
- Panic Attacks: Getting behind the thought process
- Husband relieves wife of major panic attack
- EFT newcomer rids himself of social anxiety
- Detective work crucial in relief for panic attacks
- Combining EFT with the Inner Theater approach for panic attacks
- Testing your EFT work: Feeling trapped and panic attacks
- A Quality "How To Do It" Session for Fear and Anxiety
- Diagnosed as a schizophrenic, Gregoire had anxiety, stress and insomnia
- Current "in your face" anxiety and stress case
- EFT makes good progress with panic, agoraphobia and feeling like a failure
- OCD (Obsessive Compulsive Disorder)
- Community relief from grief with EFT
- EFT brings healing to a whole family while one woman heals her grief
- EFT for grief and pet loss
- This new Widow was helped in many ways by EFT
- EFT for pain and grief for a birth mother who wasn't allowed to see her child -- a touching story with a happy ending
- Getting to important emotions by doing EFT while looking in the mirror
- Tapping through grief leads to incredible insight and relief
- EFT setup statements for grief
- An easy grief case with an aspect that showed up later
- Imaginary tapping sends grief away
- Grief changes to smiles
- EFT may be a great relief to grief-stricken nurses who lose patients
- Fresh grief and a double benefit.
- Uncontrollable grief resolved with EFT
- Attorney helps client by using EFT for long term unresolved grief
- A grief case with many aspects
- When certain music triggers grief and sadness
- Freedom from grief in only 15 minutes
- Relieving grief over the death of Higgins the dog
- EFT turns grief into beauty
- EFT eliminates unnecessary grief emotions and softens the grieving process - includes 2 month follow up
- Using EFT for Bereavement
- How clearing an intense cough led to improved family relationships--an EFT two-for-one EFT benefit
- MD introduces an innovative idea that brings relief for stubborn relationship issue
- Finding the love you want by healing the inner child
- Relationship Issue: "My husband was being a jerk"
- Using EFT to prepare for a difficult encounter
- EFT is instrumental in bringing a couple back together
- Relationships - on "Being Right"
- Instant relationship fix?
- Relationship issue: A humorous approach
- What holds you back from your lover?
- Combining role playing with EFT for relationships and other issues
- Using EFT for a Broken Heart
- The Healing Power of Forgiveness
- Love, Intuition, Patience and EFT help a schizophrenic 15 year old.
- EFT for Couples
- Retired Stanford professor fixes his wife's computer with EFT
- Relationship success after finding core issue
- EFT to heal family relationships
- Using EFT on "blocking thoughts" to good relationships
- Surrogate EFT heals a broken heart for a 16 year old boy
- EFT and meditation for a broken heart
- EFT for love pain
- Shared tapping provides benefits for relationship issues
- EFT Instead of the psych ward after a relationship breaks up
- Taking relationships work to a new level--The Odd Couple
- Insights into picking up another person
- EFT heals a broken heart in rapid time
- Using EFT to improve a relationship
- EFT, One Minute Wonders and Opening to Love
- EFT by telephone smoothes out a tense family reunion
- Tapping on relationship issues
- Interesting way to use EFT & Tappy Bear for a broken heart
- Relationships, EFT and Spirituality
- Improve relationships by Tapping in the Positive
- Using EFT for relationship issues--a detailed case
- Tapping into a state of Love
- EFT resolves a 10 year heartbreak
- "I didn't like kissing my wife after she drank coffee."
- Jack improves his relationship with his grandson using surrogate EFT
- Addressing relationship and family issues by tapping on photographs
- The "Tapping the System" Technique
- The Rolling EFT process
- Using EFT for unnecessary guilt - Did EFT get someone's husband to cook dinner?
- How Guilt and Shame Block the Law of Attraction
- Stubborn guilt finally subsides after doing a search on our website and DVDs for ideas
- EFT and infertility
- A bout of cystitis turns out to be a bout of guilt
- Writing a letter
- Reframes (seeing things differently) for guilt, shame and sorrow
- Restless leg syndrome linked to guilt - 20 years of restlessness gone in 2 sessions
- How to reduce guilt via an EFT "Tapping Circle" -- keeping privacy for everyone
- A new do-it-yourself approach to acupressure alleviates stress and, in turn neutralizes cold, flu an
- Psychotherapy Dramatically Improved By New 'Acupuncture Without Needles' Technique
- New Acupressure Discovery Reduces Stress 4 Ways: 80% Success Rate
- Many Stressed Women Abandon Healthy Lifestyle Habits: Simple Acupressure Technique Offers a Solution
- To Physicians: New Discoveries in Acupressure Promise Everything From Alertness to Pain and Stress Management
- Eating Disorders
- Two Year Bulimia Problem Gets Major Assist in One Hour
- A Bulimia "one session wonder"
- Bulimia in Brazil
- "Acceptance Tapping" - A powerful EFT treatment variation for severe compulsive disorders and bulimia.
- Joe resolves his Anorexia...and more
- Love, diligence and an eating disorder
- Michal describes what it is like to be free from an eating disorder
- Anger Management
Table of Contents Help
The tabs on the right are shortcuts to where you have been:
- Previous Screen
- Previous Articles
- Previous Categories
- Start Page
- Hide Entire Menu
Swiping to the left will take you to the previous screen.
The folder icon indicates that more content is available. Click on the icon or the associated text, or swipe to the right to see the additional content.
Other Emotional Issues
Note: This is one of 3,000 articles written prior to the updated Gold Standard (Official) EFT Tapping Tutorial™. As a result, it is likely outdated. It provides practical uses for EFT Tapping but you should also explore our newest advancement, Optimal EFT, by reading our free e-book, The Unseen Therapist™, and/or get help from a Certified EFT Practitioner.
Grief therapist Joanne Harvey shows how she used EFT to assist her grieving client. She says, "EFT eliminated guilt, an unnecessary emotion from Sara’s grief. It allowed her to experience her grief as a process of adjustment rather than something that has to be suffered through."
I would like to submit another article to your newsletter. I am so inspired by the wonderful responses that my clients have with EFT that I have to write them down. Grieving is a difficult process but by eliminating unnecessary emotions with EFT, grief can be softened allowing healthy recovery.
I am a hospice social worker and grief therapist. Before I used EFT I spent a lot of hours hoping I was making a difference providing grief support. It’s a proven fact that people that are grieving need to tell their stories so that they can process their grief, but this is slow work. And even though I am skilled in helping someone step through the wilderness of grief, I often felt like I wasn’t really helping that much. When I started using EFT on all my grieving clients I saw a remarkable change in everyone involved.
I am often asked why we would use EFT on grief. For some reason, there is a belief that we must suffer if we really loved someone who died. There are racks of books about recovering from grief, and its slow process. Elisabeth Kubler-Ross tells us that we’ll experience different stages; from denial, anger, bargaining, depression and then eventually acceptance. But the books often forget about regret, old hurt feelings, guilt, hate, shame, feelings of letting the person down, unspoken words, and a myriad of other emotions that assault us when someone we love dies.
Recovering from the loss of someone we love is a difficult task and it doesn’t completely go away with tapping. But in my experience EFT removes the unnecessary emotions that can inflict terrible pain and suffering and lengthen the time it takes to recover by eliminating those unnecessary emotions with EFT. Grief can be softened.
Sara was a mother of 3 year old twin boys. She worked part-time at the local grocery store and had been happily married for 5 years until her father died unexpectedly. After his death Sara had quit her job, left her boys at the babysitters all day long and stopped having anything to do with her husband. I met Sara 2 months after her father died. Her husband was threatening to leave her and she had heard that hospice might help her with the grief of her father. Sara came to her first appointment wearing baggy clothes, dirty, greasy hair covered with a ball cap, looking down at the floor with no eye contact. She had obviously been crying.
I told Sara a little about EFT and how it works, but I kept it short because I could see the emotional pain she was in. Grieving people are usually dehydrated, from lack of self care, so I gave her a 20 ounce bottle of water. I asked her to drink half of it. She complied without question. I asked her to tell me a little about why she was seeing me and she immediately started to cry. I asked her to measure her level of intensity and she stated it was a 10+ on a scale of 0 to 10. We started tapping. I asked her to follow along as I tapped but it was obvious that she wasn’t going to be able to, so I asked her permission to tap on her. She agreed.
Even though I am so sad, sadness consumes my thoughts, my sadness is so big that I don’t know if I will ever recover, even though I am so sad I totally and profoundly accept myself.
Even though this sadness is so deep, this sadness about my father’s death, this sadness can’t be described, this sadness is never going to go away.
Even though I feel this way, I totally and profoundly love myself and honor my journey as I sit here today.
Reminder Phrases: Sadness around my father’s death … this sadness that threatens to consume me …sadness … I am so sad I can’t breathe ... this sadness, it means I really loved my Dad … how can I live without my father in my life? … my father was everything, nothing was more important than my father … this sadness about my father’s death; I loved my father very much … this sadness stops me from loving anyone else … this sadness keeps me from my children and my husband … I can’t stop being so sad.
She started to take some deep breaths and relax. We did another round, giving her permission to let some of this terrible heavy sadness go. When we finished, I had her take a deep breath and a drink of water. She was no longer crying and looked a little less tortured. Her level of intensity was 5 out of 10.
I asked, other than the fact that your father is gone what major emotion can you identify that is causing this terrible sadness? Her face turned red and she said she was so guilty for not spending more time with her Dad. He had called the day before his heart attack and asked if she would bring the boys over and spend the day with him but she had just finished work and had a dirty house to clean, so she told him she was too busy. She said she just couldn’t forgive herself for being so thoughtless. Her level of intensity on guilt was 10 out of 10. We started tapping. This time she was more in control and she tapped on herself.
Even though I am so guilty, I let my father down. It makes me so sad that I didn’t recognize that was the last time I would talk to him. Guilt now defines who I am. I was really tired and my house was a mess and my boys were crabby, but I should have gone to see my father.
Even though I feel this intense guilt and sadness I totally and profoundly love myself.
Even though I am so guilty I knew my father wanted me to come over but I didn’t take the time. I didn’t know he was going to die. He and I planned to get together the next weekend; I didn’t do it when he asked. I probably caused his heart attack. This guilt and sadness is consuming my life and even though I feel this way I totally and profoundly honor myself for coming to this grief session.
Even though I’m so guilty… I can’t look anyone in the eye … How could I have let my father down? … I’m so sad … I don’t deserve anyone in my life … My husband and children don’t want my love … I wish I had just gone over to see him … Guilt will be mine forever more … I should have known he would have a heart attack … We always had such a great time together … I’m so guilty I didn’t know …
Even though I feel guilty that I didn’t drop everything and go see my Dad, I totally and profoundly love myself.
Reminder Phrases: I am so guilty … How could I have been so thoughtless? … This guilt that haunts my life … my Dad expected me to drop everything, and I should have … he had called before, just to see what I was up to … sometimes we just talked, he said he understood when I was too busy, and we made other plans … I should have known, but he wasn’t sick; but I still should have known … I can see the future concerning everything else … Why didn’t I know he would die the next day? … guilt is making me drive my husband away … I should have known my Dad was going to die …
Even though I made plans with my Dad and he knew how much I loved getting together with him, I didn’t go to see him and he died … He was a great Dad. I have so many wonderful memories.
We stopped and I had her take another deep breath and blow it out. Her face was looking so much more relaxed. Her guilt was at a 2 on a scale of 0 to 10. We started again.
KC Point: I loved my Dad. He was a great guy. I think I could let go of some of this guilt if I knew he was OK with me not coming over that day. I think I might be able to forgive myself. My Dad knew that I really loved him.
Even though right now I still have a 2 guilt inside me I totally and profoundly love and accept myself.
KC Point: I think I can let go of this 2 guilt. He knew how much I loved him. I loved my Dad and I can replace the guilt that has been blocking my vision with funny memories of him and me. I believe I am ready to forgive myself and embrace the love that I have for my father and with that love show myself the love he would have given me if he was here. I am ready to release all of the remaining guilt and I totally and profoundly love myself.
Reminder Phrases: All the remaining guilt … I’m letting it all go … I’m letting any remaining guilt go … I loved my Dad and guilt has no place in my life when I remember him … All the remaining guilt is eliminated and replaced with his love … Any remaining guilt; I release it, it does not serve me … I am washed with the love of my father … I release any remaining guilt and fill my heart with love … I wash my body with warm love and know that I will share this love with my family the way my father did before … Love flows through me from the top of my head to the tips of my toes … Love flows up through my feet, filling my body with comfort, and flows out the top of my head spreading through to everyone that I meet … Love flows into me providing comfort to my heart and through me to give comfort.
I had Sara take a deep breath and slowly blow it out. Sara was now smiling and had a definite glow about her. I asked her about her guilt and she sat dumbfounded because she could not find the emotional trigger any more.
We talked a little about her experience with EFT and she was delighted. Her feeling of loss with the death of her father was not gone but now she wasn’t torturing herself about something she couldn’t have predicted or controlled. She was anxious to finish her appointment, she said she owed her husband and kids a big hug and some extra special love and she wanted to get right to it.
Two months later Sara came in for a follow up appointment. She was beautiful, no more hiding under the ball cap and ill fitting clothes. She had good eye contact and looked like a different person. Though it had been difficult for her getting used to her father not being there, she said after she got rid of the guilt she was able to cope much better. She filled her heart with wonderful memories of him and initiated sharing those memories with her loved ones. She found that her husband was a wonderful source of support and she was seeing her father in her little boys every day.
Four months later she called to say she was expecting, very excited, and wanted to make an appointment to address morning sickness; but that’s another story.
EFT eliminated guilt, an unnecessary emotion from Sara’s grief. It allowed her to experience her grief as a process of adjustment rather than something that has to be suffered through. It also allowed her to see the wonderful love that she had shared with her father, and with that strength she would recover. In my experience it’s never too early to use EFT on grief, and the people who do use it recover faster in a healthy loving way.
Joanne Harvey MSW
FOR MORE EFT HELP ...
Explore our newest advancement, Optimal EFT™, by reading our free e-book, The Unseen Therapist™.