- Other Emotional Issues
- Anger Management
- Releasing anger patterns with EFT
- A client resolves lifelong anger on her own
- Clearing anger and self loathing with EFT via introduction to inner child
- Stubborn anger issue falls to 0 with emphatic "say what you feel" wording.
- Road Rage and hives disappear in one session after getting to the core issue
- Press Release: Can a One-Minute Anger Management Technique Reduce Injury Risk and Chronic Illness?
- The client who continually felt resentful
- Employee overcomes anger at supervisor
- Jonas uses EFT for deeper meditation - dangerous PSA reading is now only 0.4
- School Counselor on anger and tension,
- Getting behind a successful EFT anger case
- New Technique Helps Avoid Heart Damage by Diffusing Anger Within Marital Arguments
- Football Star Uses New Acupressure Technique to Calm his Road Rage -- No Drugs Needed
- Transgender person with abusive mother relieves rage with EFT
- Anger case--the urge to explode
- Even dropping the kids off at school provides tapping opportunities - an anger issue
- Using EFT to self-calm an intense anger tantrum
- Useful thoughts on anger by Stewart Robertson
- Releasing anger at parents allowed healing of ulcerative colitis and headaches
- Suppressed anger expelled via the stomach
- EFT for self righteous anger
- Getting over a gang rape--including a follow-up
- EFT alleviates horrendous self-hatred and rage
- Calming down Teddy, an emotionally disturbedboy
- EFT for anger underlying ALS
- An unusual anger release
- Anger in a homeless shelter
- A murderous rage is calmed with EFT
- Intuitional work with anger
- A First Class use of Surrogate EFT for Bill's anger and behavior issues
- EFT Transforms "hopping-mad" anger
- Anger and Hostility are Proven to Damage Lungs; Simple Acupressure Technique Offers a Solution
- Anger case history from a client
- EFT for workplace anger
- Josh: Building rapport with children--anger & behavior problems.
- EFT for anger helps both Ann and her angry husband--note the surrogate approach
- Unbearable hatred toward classmates
- Surrogate EFT for fighting neighbors
- Brandon's Story--anger problem becomes history: (including an update at the end)
- EFT for deep seated anger
- EFT and severe mental illness--a murderous impulse
- An interesting approach to EFT and road rage
- Using EFT for on-the-spot "hopping mad" anger
- The cause of our anger isn't always as it appears
- A client talks about her abusive childhood and her relief via EFT
- Resentments relieved 22 years after a poor birthing experience
- EFT resolves long term resentment
- The EFT Cooling Tower Technique for Letting off Steam
- Anger management approach for a polarity responder
- Depression and confusion about God
- EFT on personal depression--"I was angry at myself"
- Press Release: New Method for Depression Often Works When Nothing Else Will
- 30+ years of depression gone in 2 minutes
- EFT saves a life by rapidly resolving suicidal depression
- Dr. Patricia Carrington on depression--a detailed discussion, including meds
- Depression, height phobia and claustrophobia eliminated in one session
- Depression related to guilt
- When depression comes from a related issue
- Depression Drugs and Migraine Drugs Don't Always Do The Job
- Depression on Death Row
- EFT Newcomer eliminates his own deep depression and anxiety disorder
- An intimate look at Depression
- EFT instead of shock treatments?
- From depressed and suicidal ... to ... "I laugh all the time
- What was REALLY causing Anne's depression?
- EFT student eases his wife's suicidal thoughts
- Louella: Depression, pesticides and low blood sugar
- A successful but involved depression case--"I don't want to tell you how well I'm doing"
- EFT resolves 12 years of postnatal depression
- Long term severe depression gone in ten minutes
- Jaqui Crooks used EFT to overcome her Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD)
- Maggie eliminates her own depression
- Surrogate tapping and its effect on depression.
- Persistent EFT by Email on depression, anger and anxiety
- Cross dressing, sexuality and depression
- A case that didn't work--and some suggestions
- A first class look at using EFT for a complex case - depression, guilt, grief and abandonment
- Was it really a manic/depressive disorder?
- A textbook depression case--a "one minute wonder" complete with belief changes
- Approaching Depression with the Tearless Trauma Technique
- After 15 years of therapy, including shock therapy, EFT helps release depression
- Depression, low self esteem and childhood traumas
- Persistence and a challenging case - Incest, abuse, depression, anxiety attacks, nightmares and flashbacks
- A mis-diagnosed manic/depressive disorder
- Depression with numerous underlying issues
- Major results for anxiety, depression and social issues from one thorough EFT session and consistent EFT "homework"
- Success with a skeptical, depressed scientist - follow up included
- Gary discusses depression and some new ideas
- A non-therapist does superb work on depression--including her own.
- Newbie uses EFT on depression, allergic reactions and more
- Hair loss and facial blemishes fade after EFT relieves important emotional issues -- Depression too!
- Adrienne, a physician
- Panic And Anxiety
- Eric Robins, MD and Lisa Cox on surgery anxieties
- Severe anxiety client has his life back
- EFT Newbie resolves her own major trip anxiety
- Panic attacks and heart palpitations subside after doing EFT on dreams
- Anxiety, eating and more
- Success in neutralizing unwanted memories without the client disclosing the content
- Newcomer uses EFT to collapse his own panic-attacks and writes letter to "Quackwatch"
- A detailed panic attack case
- Non-therapist relieves stress in the form of a temper tantrum
- EFT for panic attacks
- Who Would Have Thought That Acupressure Could Relieve Social Anxiety Better Than Drugs or Therapy?
- Daddy left me. Will my new boyfriend leave me too?
- Courtroom anxiety AND anxiety about calling employers
- One EFT phone session resolves driving test anxiety -- and the benefits expand
- Panic attacks and fear of darkness
- Addressing Generalized Anxiety Disorder by aiming EFT at specific events
- Test anxiety
- Using EFT for Social Anxiety Disorder
- Surgeon Uses New Acupressure Technique to Lower Surgery Risk
- Overcoming Test Anxiety with New Drug-Free Technique: 80% Success Rate
- Daily tapping for Panic Attacks
- Anxiety related to atrial fibrillation is calmed with EFT
- Performance anxiety and many aspects
- EFT brings relief for trauma, anxiety, and an overactive bladder, all in less than an hour
- Travel Anxiety--using the Tell the Story Technique
- Febrile convulsions and related panic attacks subside--not one attack in the two years since she learned to use EFT
- Successful surrogate tapping for surgery anxiety
- Persistence and Panic Attacks - Quality results on a stubborn issue
- Getting to the core of "Mark's" anxiety
- EFT for overeating and panic attacks
- Performance anxiety at a music camp
- Gayla uses EFT for panic
- New Method for Treating Anxiety Works When Conventional Treatments Fail
- Clearing social anxiety with EFT
- Two surrogate tapping cases: Dental anxiety and severe stomach ache
- Panic Attacks: Getting behind the thought process
- Husband relieves wife of major panic attack
- EFT newcomer rids himself of social anxiety
- Relief for another stress related cough
- Using EFT for panic when nobody is around
- Testing your EFT work: Feeling trapped and panic attacks
- A Quality "How To Do It" Session for Fear and Anxiety
- Diagnosed as a schizophrenic, Gregoire had anxiety, stress and insomnia
- Current "in your face" anxiety and stress case
- EFT makes good progress with panic, agoraphobia and feeling like a failure
- Detective work crucial in relief for panic attacks
- Combining EFT with the Inner Theater approach for panic attacks
- Collapsing a client's anxiety from the 9/11 disaster--with 4 year follow-up
- Anxiety and the fear of being alone
- EFT student uses tapping to immediately calm down after a major car accident
- Medical school test anxiety--from C's and D's to A's and B's
- Success story with 10 day anxiety attack
- Sports anxiety, heat sensitivity, being away from home, loneliness, fear of insects.
- 20 year old abduction anxiety calmed with EFT
- EFT on a case of extreme separation anxiety in a dog and the importance of Core Issues for Animals
- Study Shows Simple Drug-Free Acupressure Technique Reduces Dental Anxiety
- Detective work provides help for an anxiety disorder
- Imagination tapping on the finger points reduces stress level to zero
- Using EFT for a client who feels out of control.
- One EFT round with Deborah's daughter relieves performance anxiety
- Surgery anxiety and EFT
- EFT helps adult learners overcome school and math anxiety
- OCD (Obsessive Compulsive Disorder)
- EFT for pain and grief for a birth mother who wasn't allowed to see her child -- a touching story with a happy ending
- Getting to important emotions by doing EFT while looking in the mirror
- Tapping through grief leads to incredible insight and relief
- EFT setup statements for grief
- An easy grief case with an aspect that showed up later
- Imaginary tapping sends grief away
- EFT may be a great relief to grief-stricken nurses who lose patients
- Fresh grief and a double benefit.
- Grief changes to smiles
- Attorney helps client by using EFT for long term unresolved grief
- A grief case with many aspects
- Uncontrollable grief resolved with EFT
- Freedom from grief in only 15 minutes
- Relieving grief over the death of Higgins the dog
- When certain music triggers grief and sadness
- EFT eliminates unnecessary grief emotions and softens the grieving process - includes 2 month follow up
- Using EFT for Bereavement
- EFT turns grief into beauty
- EFT brings healing to a whole family while one woman heals her grief
- Community relief from grief with EFT
- EFT for grief and pet loss
- This new Widow was helped in many ways by EFT
- Combining role playing with EFT for relationships and other issues
- Using EFT for a Broken Heart
- The Healing Power of Forgiveness
- Love, Intuition, Patience and EFT help a schizophrenic 15 year old.
- EFT for Couples
- Retired Stanford professor fixes his wife's computer with EFT
- Relationship success after finding core issue
- EFT to heal family relationships
- Using EFT on "blocking thoughts" to good relationships
- Surrogate EFT heals a broken heart for a 16 year old boy
- EFT for love pain
- Shared tapping provides benefits for relationship issues
- EFT Instead of the psych ward after a relationship breaks up
- Taking relationships work to a new level--The Odd Couple
- EFT and meditation for a broken heart
- EFT heals a broken heart in rapid time
- Using EFT to improve a relationship
- EFT, One Minute Wonders and Opening to Love
- EFT by telephone smoothes out a tense family reunion
- Insights into picking up another person
- Interesting way to use EFT & Tappy Bear for a broken heart
- Relationships, EFT and Spirituality
- Improve relationships by Tapping in the Positive
- Using EFT for relationship issues--a detailed case
- Tapping on relationship issues
- EFT resolves a 10 year heartbreak
- "I didn't like kissing my wife after she drank coffee."
- Jack improves his relationship with his grandson using surrogate EFT
- Addressing relationship and family issues by tapping on photographs
- Tapping into a state of Love
- MD introduces an innovative idea that brings relief for stubborn relationship issue
- Finding the love you want by healing the inner child
- Relationship Issue: "My husband was being a jerk"
- Using EFT to prepare for a difficult encounter
- How clearing an intense cough led to improved family relationships--an EFT two-for-one EFT benefit
- EFT is instrumental in bringing a couple back together
- Relationships - on "Being Right"
- Instant relationship fix?
- Relationship issue: A humorous approach
- What holds you back from your lover?
- Stubborn guilt finally subsides after doing a search on our website and DVDs for ideas
- EFT and infertility
- A bout of cystitis turns out to be a bout of guilt
- Writing a letter
- Reframes (seeing things differently) for guilt, shame and sorrow
- Restless leg syndrome linked to guilt - 20 years of restlessness gone in 2 sessions
- How to reduce guilt via an EFT "Tapping Circle" -- keeping privacy for everyone
- The "Tapping the System" Technique
- The Rolling EFT process
- Using EFT for unnecessary guilt - Did EFT get someone's husband to cook dinner?
- How Guilt and Shame Block the Law of Attraction
- A new do-it-yourself approach to acupressure alleviates stress and, in turn neutralizes cold, flu an
- Psychotherapy Dramatically Improved By New 'Acupuncture Without Needles' Technique
- New Acupressure Discovery Reduces Stress 4 Ways: 80% Success Rate
- Many Stressed Women Abandon Healthy Lifestyle Habits: Simple Acupressure Technique Offers a Solution
- To Physicians: New Discoveries in Acupressure Promise Everything From Alertness to Pain and Stress Management
- Eating Disorders
- Bulimia in Brazil
- "Acceptance Tapping" - A powerful EFT treatment variation for severe compulsive disorders and bulimia.
- Joe resolves his Anorexia...and more
- Love, diligence and an eating disorder
- Michal describes what it is like to be free from an eating disorder
- Two Year Bulimia Problem Gets Major Assist in One Hour
- A Bulimia "one session wonder"
- Anger Management
Table of Contents Help
The tabs on the right are shortcuts to where you have been:
- Previous Screen
- Previous Articles
- Previous Categories
- Start Page
- Hide Entire Menu
Swiping to the left will take you to the previous screen.
The folder icon indicates that more content is available. Click on the icon or the associated text, or swipe to the right to see the additional content.
Other Emotional Issues
Michal describes what it is like to be free from an eating disorder
Important Note: This article was written prior to 2010 and is now outdated. Please use my newest advancement, Optimal EFT. It is more efficient, more powerful and clearly explained in my free e-book, The Unseen Therapist™. Best wishes, Gary
Note: This article assumes you have a working knowledge of EFT. Newcomers can still learn from it but are advised to peruse our Free Gold Standard (Official) EFT Tutorial™ for a more complete understanding.
Unlike many of our other EFT articles, this story by Michal Zohar from Israel is not meant to be instructional. Rather, it is meant for those with eating disorders so they can learn what is possible with EFT. Michal says, "It is possible, for everyone. It is possible to be truly free." Please consult physicians on all medical issues.
Dear beloved Gary,
It took me some time to put into words the letter I'd had alive in my heart for so long. I feel that I was reborn and I have been living a new happy life since I met this wonderful technique, which is one of the greatest gifts humanity has been given. And the way you chose to share it, is most generous and heartful and I feel that is an indivisible part of the great healing power of EFT.
All this may sound exaggerated to some readers but is the simple truth as I see it. I suffered from food addiction for 15 years. It was a kind of compulsive overeating that dominated my life. I was never very fat, because I have a good metabolism and I managed also to have "breaks" or "good days". But the weight problem is just one part of the suffering that a compulsive eater is going through.
Although I had periods of time when I didn't engage in compulsive eating, it was always "there", around me, like a "jail" that was present at all times. I tried a few kinds of therapies, and without any direct connection, I also invested throughout these years a lot of my time and energy in the inner work - spiritually and emotionally. I cannot say that I only suffered and that I didn't make any progress. Of course I did. But it was all "inside the problem". I learned to live with it and found areas where I evolved and felt well.
But the "problem" was like a shadow that covered everything. In the process of trying to heal, I knew that the eating is not THE Problem and I understood a lot of the underlying reasons; and many times I felt I am so ready to be without it, but it persisted. I actually felt it was like a "software" in my system and that I can't get to it. I feel that in a way I knew that the right solution was to combine the consciousness with the level of the cell/ energy/ body, where the "commands of behavior" were still imprinted, but couldn't find the way to do it. Until I was ready...
I heard about EFT from my dear father, a clinical psychologist who uses energy techniques in his practice. The minute I set my eyes on the manual I started crying. Yes. Before I even really experienced it I felt I met my way out. the "missing key" to unlock the door to freedom.
At the beginning, after watching the DVDs, I tried on my own, but I couldn't go deep and I understood I needed guidance. Luckily I met the most amazing EFT expert - liana Weiler (who also wrote a few articles that were published in your great website), and we started a magical journey. After only 8 meetings, I felt that the walls of that "jail" were not there. The "compulsive overeating episodes" were simply gone. It is not that I had the strength not to go to the refrigerator - I just didn't go there.
As can be said in the EFT language - the energetic disruption that caused it just didn't exist anymore. It was not available even if I wanted it. Since then I have been working on different aspects of my addiction and many side effects that have accumulated by living like this for so long.
Here I want to emphasize that although it was seemingly a very fast process, I feel (and Ilana does too) that it was so because I was very "ripe" after many years of inner work, and, on the other hand, (as mentioned above), it was only the "eating part" of it that subsided so quickly and I still had much to work on afterwards. As I see it, one should not stop when the "problem" subsides, but continue until all the area around it is "clean", and till he or she learns how to live in the new "room" of the "palace of possibilities". Otherwise, it can surface again in the same way or in a different costume. I feel that on many occasions it is more difficult to be in the "light" than in the familiar "comfort darkness".
All this time I have also worked with limiting beliefs and I am experiencing changes in other areas such as financial and professional. My life completely changed, and still is changing - on all levels. I started working as an EFT practitioner myself. Although I haven't obtained your certification yet, I've watched almost all the DVDs and I am an enthusiastic reader of the materials in your and other websites. I also attend most of Ilana Weiler's workshops, which I really recommend to everyone who wishes to deepen his or her art of delivery of the EFT and to understand the subtle ways of working with it. I introduced EFT to most of my friends and family members and many of them are also experiencing a real deep life change.
No words can express the gratitude I feel to you and to EFT. You have a special place in my heart, and when I tell people about EFT I always refer them first of all to you and to www.emofree.com.
My hope is that EFT will reach more and more people around the world because we all need it. I see it as my life's mission to spread the news about this technique and I am doing the best I can to be a sincere and loyal representative of it wherever I go. And regarding your last talk about the Open Hand Policy: I connect to every word and I will try to be the best "team player" I can be Thank you, beloved Gary.
Michal Zohar, from Israel.
P.S. I am working with Ilana Weiller on a detailed document of the process I have been through with her guidance, and I hope it will be done soon for the benefit of all.
I attach here a translation of the letter I wrote some time ago which sheds some more light on my journey. It is for everyone to read if you decide to put it in the website.
Also, everyone who needs support or wishes to ask questions is most welcome.
As I said I also translated a letter I wrote in Hebrew in September. it is more difficult to translate than to write straight in English so it may have flaws. i paste it here as well in case you want to post it too. It describes somehow different aspects of the process.
thank u again
i love u very much,
A Letter for the New Year
Every year in this time [New Year] I am looking at the year that has passed, express gratitude for what I have received and wish myself everything I still long for and haven't manifested yet. For many years I mainly prayed to heal and be freed from the 'jail' I had been in for so many years.
The jail of my eating disorder, that accompanied me for 15 years, had become part of me, colored every spot and part of my life.
I always tried to ask for healing from a sincere and real trust, but to be
honest: as time passed I didn't really believe that I am able to experience real healing and change in this matter.
This year I stand astonished and deeply grateful for the gift I had been given.
Till recently I could barely believe the change that occurred. And today I feel that when I am talking about the person I used to be, I am talking about someone else. It is me, but as if from a different life. As if I am telling a story and not really describing a memory that belongs to me.
I know today that this is real, natural. And the heart expands and cherishes this gift - this new life.
It was a fascinating journey and it wasn't easy to believe.
The process can be described as such:
From disbelief in a future change,
To growing trust that it is possible,
To a change which is happening and the fear to admit it, To a change which is completely obvious and the fear to say it out loud, To a change that is already here and when I start to talk about the "problem" in the 'past tense' I feel frightened by it, To a change which is already a "permanent resident", till it is no longer a "change" but reality, and then the difficulty to believe that it may be so, and if it is so - then not in my case, Till the days pass, allowing me to befriend with the New, which is simply a full complete release, and it becomes natural and normal - part of the everyday life.
And it can also be described this way:
From the fear that tomorrow I will be again "in the food", To seeing that actually the real fear is that tomorrow I won't be "in the food".
From the fear that I will always be like that, To the fear that I will be freed.
From the despair of this infinite jail,
To the fear of the space that will be opened if and when the walls fall, there come the longing to the intimacy I had with my problem, And when the lair of the "food" no longer exists, so what do I do in this open space?
Like an ant that was left without the stone that protects it. I will be burned.
And then, slowly, to befriend with this space, gently.
And it is even possible to rest a little bit and to do so many things that I couldn't do from "there".
And to be patient. I have time.
And to become grateful for everything,
Also for every difficulty that arises now because it is different, it is new.
Indeed for so many years I used to pray that my difficulties will be replaced; saying that I can bare everything but this.
And what made this change possible?
I feel it is grace, but also a merit. I can admit that I co -operated.
Even though the essential change did take place during this year, it also represents a ripening of everything that preceded it.
I don't regret that only this year I came across EFT, which was my key to the door that leads out. Because I know that everything is happening exactly as it should, there is a fine accuracy in the universe. I got to the key when I was really ready to go through the door it will open. All along these years and in my healing process I had to have a lot of courage, self honesty, willingness to see.
I had to have a lot of patience. There were moments when all I hanged up to was a very faint string of light, when darkness was all around. There were many moments I wanted to die.
Many times I felt that I became tired from the many different attempts to solve.
Surely I evolved and expanded through them, but they didn't really bear fruits - the fruits of real transformation.
Yes, along the years I learnt more and more how to accept myself with the problem, I managed to live beside it in a way; I found many corners of light, but above all the unfathomable suffering was dominating.
There were moments of despair.
When I saw I was entering the terrible swam of self-pity, I knew it is the most dangerous place, because that is where one gives up. I grabbed hold to other layers of my existence that could expand despite everything. I kept trying. to stand up again and again.
I guess that somewhere inside my being I kept on believing in real transformation, when the problem ceases to exist instead of just dealing better with it.
And in this year, probably when I was ready, I met another chapter in my journey. I didn't know that it will be the final chapter of this volume in the library of my life. I met the key to the last door of this life track:
If I will be asked what was really underneath all this, what were the real problems that the addiction covered, or what really happened this year. what happened in this wonderful EFT process that was the final straight, but maybe also the first. If I will be asked, I wouldn't really know what to say.
Every session was filled with so many emotions, memories of different events, symbols and metaphors. different parts of me said their word.
Sometimes I felt I was being split to so many voices and identities within myself.
In a way I cannot really say what happened there, not because I wasn't completely there. But because I let go from everything I understood so far and I let the process lead me. I dedicated myself to it. I surrendered.
And it doesn't mean that the healing "came to me" as if my eyes were blind.
It is a journey of self-discovery, but one which lets the New unfold without involving too much the left brain or the cognition. And maybe for me it was an important element. And what is really important to me today is what happens to me in the bottom line. What manifests in the output of the day to day life. And as I cleared the way of what was disturbing, I am not interested in analyzing everything that went out. It can simply go. I completed this chapter. The gifts and lessons that I needed to receive from this problem have been already assimilated into me, and I don't need to remember them anymore.
I always had this feeling that this is how healing is supposed to take place. Not forcefully, not with effort of 'doing'. But simply to let that which is painful, disturbing, standing in the way - to be cleansed. And finally, this is what happened. Not will-power. Just consent to confront the pain and all which is really there. And not through torments, or "till the last drop of blood". But rather gently and easily (this is the beauty of EFT). Just to allow and to be patient. Because sometimes it takes a little time until what's on the surface, the symptom (what is seemingly the most
bothersome) subsides. We just have to cut enough sick trees in the forest.
I write these lines and tears are in my eyes.
And in my heart I kneel and bow in front of this grace n the knowingness that everything was given to me to bless me. And I hug both "Michals" -this one n her and they become one. And I am full of inspiration and joy to continue clearing the irrelevant and growing upward. And I welcome every challenge that will come and I accept myself as I am - whole within the imperfection.
I thank all the ones that were beside me and accompanied me in this chapter of this life, and in advance I thank all the ones that will participate later. To my special friends, to my beloved parents and sister, to my generous teachers, to the devoted therapists, to Ilana Weiler, to Gary Craig, to all the dear people I met along the way. And yes, also to myself that I agreed.
And to the graceful Divinity that made all this possible.
And I encourage whoever reads these lines, to proceed in his path to the dream of his life in the sense of a complete and full relief from the difficulty and even further - to a better and better space.
I know than many people experience that their problem is the most complicated and the most difficult. Often people believe in the possibility of change but not for themselves.
Believe me - I also used to think like this. I was sure it is so.
But because I was going through hellish torments, I allow myself to speak
It is possible, for everyone. It is possible to be truly free.
It doesn't matter what is your technique or what tools you use, Do not stop trying until really the change will be such that slowly you will forget that there was a problem and it will turn into a dim memory from a different life. Don't take less.
And whatever you try, give it some time, don't leave too early.
With love and blessings,
FOR MORE EFT HELP ...
Explore our newest advancement, Optimal EFT™, by reading my free e-book, The Unseen Therapist™. More efficient. More powerful.