- Other Emotional Issues
- Anger Management
- Getting over a gang rape--including a follow-up
- EFT alleviates horrendous self-hatred and rage
- Calming down Teddy, an emotionally disturbedboy
- EFT for anger underlying ALS
- Releasing anger at parents allowed healing of ulcerative colitis and headaches
- Suppressed anger expelled via the stomach
- EFT for self righteous anger
- Intuitional work with anger
- A First Class use of Surrogate EFT for Bill's anger and behavior issues
- EFT Transforms "hopping-mad" anger
- An unusual anger release
- Anger in a homeless shelter
- A murderous rage is calmed with EFT
- Josh: Building rapport with children--anger & behavior problems.
- EFT for anger helps both Ann and her angry husband--note the surrogate approach
- Unbearable hatred toward classmates
- Anger and Hostility are Proven to Damage Lungs; Simple Acupressure Technique Offers a Solution
- Anger case history from a client
- EFT for workplace anger
- EFT and severe mental illness--a murderous impulse
- An interesting approach to EFT and road rage
- Using EFT for on-the-spot "hopping mad" anger
- Surrogate EFT for fighting neighbors
- Brandon's Story--anger problem becomes history: (including an update at the end)
- EFT for deep seated anger
- A client talks about her abusive childhood and her relief via EFT
- Resentments relieved 22 years after a poor birthing experience
- EFT resolves long term resentment
- The EFT Cooling Tower Technique for Letting off Steam
- Anger management approach for a polarity responder
- The cause of our anger isn't always as it appears
- A client resolves lifelong anger on her own
- Clearing anger and self loathing with EFT via introduction to inner child
- Stubborn anger issue falls to 0 with emphatic "say what you feel" wording.
- Road Rage and hives disappear in one session after getting to the core issue
- Press Release: Can a One-Minute Anger Management Technique Reduce Injury Risk and Chronic Illness?
- Releasing anger patterns with EFT
- Employee overcomes anger at supervisor
- Jonas uses EFT for deeper meditation - dangerous PSA reading is now only 0.4
- School Counselor on anger and tension,
- Getting behind a successful EFT anger case
- New Technique Helps Avoid Heart Damage by Diffusing Anger Within Marital Arguments
- The client who continually felt resentful
- Anger case--the urge to explode
- Even dropping the kids off at school provides tapping opportunities - an anger issue
- Using EFT to self-calm an intense anger tantrum
- Useful thoughts on anger by Stewart Robertson
- Football Star Uses New Acupressure Technique to Calm his Road Rage -- No Drugs Needed
- Transgender person with abusive mother relieves rage with EFT
- A successful but involved depression case--"I don't want to tell you how well I'm doing"
- EFT resolves 12 years of postnatal depression
- What was REALLY causing Anne's depression?
- EFT student eases his wife's suicidal thoughts
- Louella: Depression, pesticides and low blood sugar
- Surrogate tapping and its effect on depression.
- Persistent EFT by Email on depression, anger and anxiety
- Cross dressing, sexuality and depression
- Long term severe depression gone in ten minutes
- Jaqui Crooks used EFT to overcome her Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD)
- Maggie eliminates her own depression
- A textbook depression case--a "one minute wonder" complete with belief changes
- Approaching Depression with the Tearless Trauma Technique
- After 15 years of therapy, including shock therapy, EFT helps release depression
- A case that didn't work--and some suggestions
- A first class look at using EFT for a complex case - depression, guilt, grief and abandonment
- Was it really a manic/depressive disorder?
- A mis-diagnosed manic/depressive disorder
- Depression with numerous underlying issues
- Major results for anxiety, depression and social issues from one thorough EFT session and consistent EFT "homework"
- Success with a skeptical, depressed scientist - follow up included
- Depression, low self esteem and childhood traumas
- Persistence and a challenging case - Incest, abuse, depression, anxiety attacks, nightmares and flashbacks
- A non-therapist does superb work on depression--including her own.
- Newbie uses EFT on depression, allergic reactions and more
- Hair loss and facial blemishes fade after EFT relieves important emotional issues -- Depression too!
- Adrienne, a physician
- Gary discusses depression and some new ideas
- EFT on personal depression--"I was angry at myself"
- Press Release: New Method for Depression Often Works When Nothing Else Will
- 30+ years of depression gone in 2 minutes
- EFT saves a life by rapidly resolving suicidal depression
- Depression and confusion about God
- When depression comes from a related issue
- Depression Drugs and Migraine Drugs Don't Always Do The Job
- Dr. Patricia Carrington on depression--a detailed discussion, including meds
- Depression, height phobia and claustrophobia eliminated in one session
- Depression related to guilt
- EFT instead of shock treatments?
- From depressed and suicidal ... to ... "I laugh all the time
- Depression on Death Row
- EFT Newcomer eliminates his own deep depression and anxiety disorder
- An intimate look at Depression
- Panic And Anxiety
- Getting to the core of "Mark's" anxiety
- EFT for overeating and panic attacks
- Performance anxiety at a music camp
- Gayla uses EFT for panic
- Travel Anxiety--using the Tell the Story Technique
- Febrile convulsions and related panic attacks subside--not one attack in the two years since she learned to use EFT
- Successful surrogate tapping for surgery anxiety
- Persistence and Panic Attacks - Quality results on a stubborn issue
- Husband relieves wife of major panic attack
- EFT newcomer rids himself of social anxiety
- Relief for another stress related cough
- Using EFT for panic when nobody is around
- New Method for Treating Anxiety Works When Conventional Treatments Fail
- Clearing social anxiety with EFT
- Two surrogate tapping cases: Dental anxiety and severe stomach ache
- Panic Attacks: Getting behind the thought process
- Diagnosed as a schizophrenic, Gregoire had anxiety, stress and insomnia
- Current "in your face" anxiety and stress case
- EFT makes good progress with panic, agoraphobia and feeling like a failure
- Detective work crucial in relief for panic attacks
- Combining EFT with the Inner Theater approach for panic attacks
- Testing your EFT work: Feeling trapped and panic attacks
- A Quality "How To Do It" Session for Fear and Anxiety
- Anxiety and the fear of being alone
- EFT student uses tapping to immediately calm down after a major car accident
- Medical school test anxiety--from C's and D's to A's and B's
- Success story with 10 day anxiety attack
- Sports anxiety, heat sensitivity, being away from home, loneliness, fear of insects.
- 20 year old abduction anxiety calmed with EFT
- Collapsing a client's anxiety from the 9/11 disaster--with 4 year follow-up
- Detective work provides help for an anxiety disorder
- Imagination tapping on the finger points reduces stress level to zero
- Using EFT for a client who feels out of control.
- One EFT round with Deborah's daughter relieves performance anxiety
- Surgery anxiety and EFT
- EFT helps adult learners overcome school and math anxiety
- EFT on a case of extreme separation anxiety in a dog and the importance of Core Issues for Animals
- Study Shows Simple Drug-Free Acupressure Technique Reduces Dental Anxiety
- Anxiety, eating and more
- Success in neutralizing unwanted memories without the client disclosing the content
- Newcomer uses EFT to collapse his own panic-attacks and writes letter to "Quackwatch"
- A detailed panic attack case
- Eric Robins, MD and Lisa Cox on surgery anxieties
- Severe anxiety client has his life back
- EFT Newbie resolves her own major trip anxiety
- Panic attacks and heart palpitations subside after doing EFT on dreams
- Courtroom anxiety AND anxiety about calling employers
- One EFT phone session resolves driving test anxiety -- and the benefits expand
- Panic attacks and fear of darkness
- Addressing Generalized Anxiety Disorder by aiming EFT at specific events
- Non-therapist relieves stress in the form of a temper tantrum
- EFT for panic attacks
- Who Would Have Thought That Acupressure Could Relieve Social Anxiety Better Than Drugs or Therapy?
- Daddy left me. Will my new boyfriend leave me too?
- Daily tapping for Panic Attacks
- Anxiety related to atrial fibrillation is calmed with EFT
- Performance anxiety and many aspects
- EFT brings relief for trauma, anxiety, and an overactive bladder, all in less than an hour
- Test anxiety
- Using EFT for Social Anxiety Disorder
- Surgeon Uses New Acupressure Technique to Lower Surgery Risk
- Overcoming Test Anxiety with New Drug-Free Technique: 80% Success Rate
- OCD (Obsessive Compulsive Disorder)
- A grief case with many aspects
- Uncontrollable grief resolved with EFT
- Attorney helps client by using EFT for long term unresolved grief
- Freedom from grief in only 15 minutes
- Relieving grief over the death of Higgins the dog
- When certain music triggers grief and sadness
- EFT eliminates unnecessary grief emotions and softens the grieving process - includes 2 month follow up
- Using EFT for Bereavement
- EFT turns grief into beauty
- EFT brings healing to a whole family while one woman heals her grief
- Community relief from grief with EFT
- This new Widow was helped in many ways by EFT
- EFT for grief and pet loss
- Getting to important emotions by doing EFT while looking in the mirror
- Tapping through grief leads to incredible insight and relief
- EFT for pain and grief for a birth mother who wasn't allowed to see her child -- a touching story with a happy ending
- An easy grief case with an aspect that showed up later
- Imaginary tapping sends grief away
- EFT setup statements for grief
- Fresh grief and a double benefit.
- Grief changes to smiles
- EFT may be a great relief to grief-stricken nurses who lose patients
- Using EFT to improve a relationship
- EFT, One Minute Wonders and Opening to Love
- EFT by telephone smoothes out a tense family reunion
- Insights into picking up another person
- EFT heals a broken heart in rapid time
- Interesting way to use EFT & Tappy Bear for a broken heart
- Relationships, EFT and Spirituality
- Improve relationships by Tapping in the Positive
- Using EFT for relationship issues--a detailed case
- Tapping on relationship issues
- EFT resolves a 10 year heartbreak
- "I didn't like kissing my wife after she drank coffee."
- Jack improves his relationship with his grandson using surrogate EFT
- Addressing relationship and family issues by tapping on photographs
- Tapping into a state of Love
- MD introduces an innovative idea that brings relief for stubborn relationship issue
- Finding the love you want by healing the inner child
- Relationship Issue: "My husband was being a jerk"
- Using EFT to prepare for a difficult encounter
- How clearing an intense cough led to improved family relationships--an EFT two-for-one EFT benefit
- Relationships - on "Being Right"
- Instant relationship fix?
- Relationship issue: A humorous approach
- What holds you back from your lover?
- EFT is instrumental in bringing a couple back together
- Using EFT for a Broken Heart
- The Healing Power of Forgiveness
- Love, Intuition, Patience and EFT help a schizophrenic 15 year old.
- EFT for Couples
- Combining role playing with EFT for relationships and other issues
- Relationship success after finding core issue
- EFT to heal family relationships
- Using EFT on "blocking thoughts" to good relationships
- Surrogate EFT heals a broken heart for a 16 year old boy
- Retired Stanford professor fixes his wife's computer with EFT
- Shared tapping provides benefits for relationship issues
- EFT Instead of the psych ward after a relationship breaks up
- Taking relationships work to a new level--The Odd Couple
- EFT and meditation for a broken heart
- EFT for love pain
- Reframes (seeing things differently) for guilt, shame and sorrow
- Restless leg syndrome linked to guilt - 20 years of restlessness gone in 2 sessions
- How to reduce guilt via an EFT "Tapping Circle" -- keeping privacy for everyone
- The "Tapping the System" Technique
- The Rolling EFT process
- Using EFT for unnecessary guilt - Did EFT get someone's husband to cook dinner?
- How Guilt and Shame Block the Law of Attraction
- Stubborn guilt finally subsides after doing a search on our website and DVDs for ideas
- EFT and infertility
- A bout of cystitis turns out to be a bout of guilt
- Writing a letter
- New Acupressure Discovery Reduces Stress 4 Ways: 80% Success Rate
- Many Stressed Women Abandon Healthy Lifestyle Habits: Simple Acupressure Technique Offers a Solution
- To Physicians: New Discoveries in Acupressure Promise Everything From Alertness to Pain and Stress Management
- A new do-it-yourself approach to acupressure alleviates stress and, in turn neutralizes cold, flu an
- Psychotherapy Dramatically Improved By New 'Acupuncture Without Needles' Technique
- Eating Disorders
- Two Year Bulimia Problem Gets Major Assist in One Hour
- A Bulimia "one session wonder"
- Bulimia in Brazil
- "Acceptance Tapping" - A powerful EFT treatment variation for severe compulsive disorders and bulimia.
- Joe resolves his Anorexia...and more
- Love, diligence and an eating disorder
- Michal describes what it is like to be free from an eating disorder
- Anger Management
Addressing relationship and family issues by tapping on photographs
Note: This is one of 3,000 articles written prior to the updated Gold Standard (Official) EFT Tapping Tutorial™. It provides practical uses for EFT Tapping and most EFT'ers should find it very helpful. However, if your benefits are temporary or a more in-depth approach is needed, you are urged to (1) consult The Gold Standard EFT Tapping Tutorial, (2) Explore our newest advancement, Optimal EFT, by reading our free e-book, The Unseen Therapist, and/or (3) get help from a Certified EFT Practitioner.
Marie Holiday from Spain shows how she uses photographs in the EFT process to help quickly resolve important issues.
I have been using EFT with the use of photographs for a little while now in some cases and wanted to share my experiences.
When working on "relationship issues" such as divorce, family fights, disagreements, arguments, break ups, long standing feuds etc. I have found that some of the really deep issues are too painful for the person to deal with ... or they become long term issues from silly arguments or careless words.
I discovered that when using a photograph of the person to which the emotional issue is connected and then tapping on the photograph, that there appears to be a massive shift that sometimes occurs very quickly.
Here are a couple of examples of this Photo Technique. I discovered this totally by chance, following an argument with my partner.
I started tapping as I normally would ....
"Even though I think I may hate you (my partner) at this moment and that is painful, I really do love you ... and I completely love and accept myself and accept you".
Whilst tapping, I saw a photograph of us both sitting on camels which was a very happy and funny scene.
I picked the photograph up and sat with it on my knee.
I then tapped on my partner physically on the photograph.
I started on the PR point first on myself with the set up statement, three times
"Even though we have had this argument and I feel as if I hate you, I know I love you and I deeply and completely love and accept myself."
I then moved to the photograph and tapped around the points physically on the photo stating "this hate feeling".
I then worked on the same photograph but this time on myself, tapping on the photo with phrases such as "emanating love to you" (emanating love to my partner) which I observed watching you on your serious illness course last year Gary ... about emanating love.
I then tapped on each of us individually on the photograph stating "emanating love to each other".
I did this several times really quickly and had massive releases.
I know relief would be given by applying EFT to yourself. However I think the visual tapping action of looking at the person on the photograph and tapping on it seemed very powerful and worked very quickly. Interestingly, as I finished tapping on the photograph, my partner rang and apologised; coincidence possibly but fascinating...
I wondered if anyone else has tried this?
Many ex pat clients in Spain have loved ones in UK and bring their problems with them, thinking they will have left them behind and all will be well here. However, many of them actually have more time on their hands and more time to think.
The photograph method seems to help with relationship issues because they may not have seen the person for some time whether it be family or friend that they have an issue with. Sometimes they are going back to UK and have to face the problem again ... thinking they may have escaped it.
So since stumbling across this method by accident,I have introduced it with certain clients and will be introducing it more because of the very quick results and "shifts" when they are actually "seeing" the photograph of the person.
I had a client recently with family problems that were starting to make her feel unwell ... anxiety, palpations. She was constantly thinking about the family problems.
She had several arguments with her brother which she felt was his fault and they had not been speaking for some time. She felt he had "let her down" when she needed him most, during the recent loss of her husband.
She had talked to her mum about this and seemed to have very little support or interest from her mum.
The common theme seemed to be "loss".
I asked her to bring a photo of her mum and brother.
The client brought a photo of her brother and mum smiling away together on a happy family occasion.
We started on the PR point and the set up was quite in depth...
"Even though I seem to have this "loss problem", I lost my husband when he passed over, I lost my brother and he won't talk to me, I feel a loss of support from my mum ... I feel a terrible loss, I feel lonely but through all this I deeply and completely love and accept myself".
I asked her to tap on the photograph of her brother first stating "this loss".
I asked her to say anything that came into her head whilst she was tapping on the photo.
She tapped several times on "this loss" and changed it herself to "I have lost you, like I lost my husband", "I feel lonely because i have lost you".
Her intensity came down to 5.
She started sobbing very heavily and I asked her to just sit and I tapped on her until she stopped crying and settled.
She felt OK to continue and we moved on to her mum in the photograph with "no support".
She did this several times and phrases came up such as "I have never had much support from you all my life".
Again, she started sobbing and I took over and tapped on her until the tears subsided.
I then continued tapping around her points continuously on phrases she had used and also on forgiveness.
At the end of a very lenghty session, her intensity level was down to "0".
I brought the photo back and asked her how she felt about them both ... she started crying. On further probing, the photo was taken on a family occasion that she could not attend and she felt "the loss" again of being left out. Intensity level of 4. We tapped on this family occasion of "being left out." She hated th photo so much, she wanted to burn it.
She eventually went to "0" again and was very comfortable looking at the photo.
She commented that "they had their lives to lead and she had to get on with her own life." She said she felt very calm and could look at the photo of them both in a "kinder light" and without anguish or remorse.
We ended with a lengthy tapping session, working on "Even though I have had so much loss in my life, I am left with a void that I need to fill with love. If I take this "loss" feeling away I have another loss to deal with ... what will replace it? This loss has taken up a great deal of my time, thoughts and efforts and is making me feel ill ... I choose to fill it with love, I choose to fill this loss feeling with love .... love for my brother ... my mother .... but most of all love for me."
I spoke to her a week later and she was delighted. She had actually phoned her brother up (they had not spoken for six months) and asked if she could visit him when she came over to UK and he said he would like that and she was welcome to stay with him.
I teach all my clients EFT and she also commented that she had used the photo technique with her son. They had a silly disagreement and her son had stormed off out of the house without speaking. She felt "loss" again. She took a photo frame from the window and tapped on a photograph of him about how she felt using"silly argument" and within minutes felt great, just like a massive weight had lifted.
She commented that she would have worried all day and been upset but after tapping on the photo, got on with her day as normal.
I suggest to clients to work through their Personal Peace Procedure by getting a really nice book that they keep as their private journal. Then hunt through family photos and choose some to place in their journal. Placing photos in of themselves at different stages and ages, and also of family, friends, scenes that bring up memories. Then tap on the photo or particular painful memory/incident as it comes up. I explain this is also a great way for them to review their feelings/emotions when looking through their journal and photographs ... if something comes up again or is still painful, try tapping again.
Some clients feel that EFT doesn't seem to work as well when they try it themselves so I think this is just another "tool" from the EFT box to try out when appropriate.
FOR MORE EFT HELP ...
Explore our newest advancement, Optimal EFT, by reading our free e-book, The Unseen Therapist.