- Other Emotional Issues
- Anger Management
- Releasing anger at parents allowed healing of ulcerative colitis and headaches
- Suppressed anger expelled via the stomach
- EFT for self righteous anger
- Getting over a gang rape--including a follow-up
- EFT alleviates horrendous self-hatred and rage
- Calming down Teddy, an emotionally disturbedboy
- EFT for anger underlying ALS
- An unusual anger release
- Anger in a homeless shelter
- A murderous rage is calmed with EFT
- Intuitional work with anger
- A First Class use of Surrogate EFT for Bill's anger and behavior issues
- EFT Transforms "hopping-mad" anger
- Unbearable hatred toward classmates
- Anger and Hostility are Proven to Damage Lungs; Simple Acupressure Technique Offers a Solution
- Anger case history from a client
- EFT for workplace anger
- Josh: Building rapport with children--anger & behavior problems.
- EFT for anger helps both Ann and her angry husband--note the surrogate approach
- Using EFT for on-the-spot "hopping mad" anger
- Surrogate EFT for fighting neighbors
- Brandon's Story--anger problem becomes history: (including an update at the end)
- EFT for deep seated anger
- EFT and severe mental illness--a murderous impulse
- An interesting approach to EFT and road rage
- Anger management approach for a polarity responder
- The cause of our anger isn't always as it appears
- A client talks about her abusive childhood and her relief via EFT
- Resentments relieved 22 years after a poor birthing experience
- EFT resolves long term resentment
- The EFT Cooling Tower Technique for Letting off Steam
- Press Release: Can a One-Minute Anger Management Technique Reduce Injury Risk and Chronic Illness?
- Releasing anger patterns with EFT
- A client resolves lifelong anger on her own
- Clearing anger and self loathing with EFT via introduction to inner child
- Stubborn anger issue falls to 0 with emphatic "say what you feel" wording.
- Road Rage and hives disappear in one session after getting to the core issue
- New Technique Helps Avoid Heart Damage by Diffusing Anger Within Marital Arguments
- The client who continually felt resentful
- Employee overcomes anger at supervisor
- Jonas uses EFT for deeper meditation - dangerous PSA reading is now only 0.4
- School Counselor on anger and tension,
- Getting behind a successful EFT anger case
- Football Star Uses New Acupressure Technique to Calm his Road Rage -- No Drugs Needed
- Transgender person with abusive mother relieves rage with EFT
- Anger case--the urge to explode
- Even dropping the kids off at school provides tapping opportunities - an anger issue
- Using EFT to self-calm an intense anger tantrum
- Useful thoughts on anger by Stewart Robertson
- What was REALLY causing Anne's depression?
- EFT student eases his wife's suicidal thoughts
- Louella: Depression, pesticides and low blood sugar
- A successful but involved depression case--"I don't want to tell you how well I'm doing"
- EFT resolves 12 years of postnatal depression
- Cross dressing, sexuality and depression
- Long term severe depression gone in ten minutes
- Jaqui Crooks used EFT to overcome her Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD)
- Maggie eliminates her own depression
- Surrogate tapping and its effect on depression.
- Persistent EFT by Email on depression, anger and anxiety
- Approaching Depression with the Tearless Trauma Technique
- After 15 years of therapy, including shock therapy, EFT helps release depression
- A case that didn't work--and some suggestions
- A first class look at using EFT for a complex case - depression, guilt, grief and abandonment
- Was it really a manic/depressive disorder?
- A textbook depression case--a "one minute wonder" complete with belief changes
- Success with a skeptical, depressed scientist - follow up included
- Depression, low self esteem and childhood traumas
- A mis-diagnosed manic/depressive disorder
- Depression with numerous underlying issues
- Hair loss and facial blemishes fade after EFT relieves important emotional issues -- Depression too!
- Adrienne, a physician
- Gary discusses depression and some new ideas
- A non-therapist does superb work on depression--including her own.
- Newbie uses EFT on depression, allergic reactions and more
- 30+ years of depression gone in 2 minutes
- EFT saves a life by rapidly resolving suicidal depression
- Depression and confusion about God
- EFT on personal depression--"I was angry at myself"
- Press Release: New Method for Depression Often Works When Nothing Else Will
- Dr. Patricia Carrington on depression--a detailed discussion, including meds
- Depression, height phobia and claustrophobia eliminated in one session
- Depression related to guilt
- When depression comes from a related issue
- Depression Drugs and Migraine Drugs Don't Always Do The Job
- Depression on Death Row
- EFT Newcomer eliminates his own deep depression and anxiety disorder
- An intimate look at Depression
- EFT instead of shock treatments?
- From depressed and suicidal ... to ... "I laugh all the time
- Panic And Anxiety
- EFT brings relief for trauma, anxiety, and an overactive bladder, all in less than an hour
- Test anxiety
- Using EFT for Social Anxiety Disorder
- Successful surrogate tapping for surgery anxiety
- Overcoming Test Anxiety with New Drug-Free Technique: 80% Success Rate
- Getting to the core of "Mark's" anxiety
- Anxiety related to atrial fibrillation is calmed with EFT
- Performance anxiety at a music camp
- Relief for another stress related cough
- Gayla uses EFT for panic
- Travel Anxiety--using the Tell the Story Technique
- Two surrogate tapping cases: Dental anxiety and severe stomach ache
- Persistence and Panic Attacks - Quality results on a stubborn issue
- Husband relieves wife of major panic attack
- EFT for overeating and panic attacks
- Detective work crucial in relief for panic attacks
- Using EFT for panic when nobody is around
- New Method for Treating Anxiety Works When Conventional Treatments Fail
- Clearing social anxiety with EFT
- A Quality "How To Do It" Session for Fear and Anxiety
- Panic Attacks: Getting behind the thought process
- Current "in your face" anxiety and stress case
- EFT newcomer rids himself of social anxiety
- Sports anxiety, heat sensitivity, being away from home, loneliness, fear of insects.
- Combining EFT with the Inner Theater approach for panic attacks
- Testing your EFT work: Feeling trapped and panic attacks
- Anxiety and the fear of being alone
- Diagnosed as a schizophrenic, Gregoire had anxiety, stress and insomnia
- Medical school test anxiety--from C's and D's to A's and B's
- EFT makes good progress with panic, agoraphobia and feeling like a failure
- Stress related cough cured
- 20 year old abduction anxiety calmed with EFT
- EFT on a case of extreme separation anxiety in a dog and the importance of Core Issues for Animals
- Collapsing a client's anxiety from the 9/11 disaster--with 4 year follow-up
- Detective work provides help for an anxiety disorder
- EFT student uses tapping to immediately calm down after a major car accident
- Using EFT for a client who feels out of control.
- Success story with 10 day anxiety attack
- Surgery anxiety and EFT
- EFT helps adult learners overcome school and math anxiety
- EFT Newbie resolves her own major trip anxiety
- Study Shows Simple Drug-Free Acupressure Technique Reduces Dental Anxiety
- Anxiety, eating and more
- Imagination tapping on the finger points reduces stress level to zero
- Newcomer uses EFT to collapse his own panic-attacks and writes letter to "Quackwatch"
- One EFT round with Deborah's daughter relieves performance anxiety
- Eric Robins, MD and Lisa Cox on surgery anxieties
- Severe anxiety client has his life back
- Who Would Have Thought That Acupressure Could Relieve Social Anxiety Better Than Drugs or Therapy?
- Panic attacks and heart palpitations subside after doing EFT on dreams
- Courtroom anxiety AND anxiety about calling employers
- Success in neutralizing unwanted memories without the client disclosing the content
- Panic attacks and fear of darkness
- A detailed panic attack case
- Non-therapist relieves stress in the form of a temper tantrum
- EFT for panic attacks
- Surgeon Uses New Acupressure Technique to Lower Surgery Risk
- Daddy left me. Will my new boyfriend leave me too?
- Daily tapping for Panic Attacks
- One EFT phone session resolves driving test anxiety -- and the benefits expand
- Performance anxiety and many aspects
- Addressing Generalized Anxiety Disorder by aiming EFT at specific events
- OCD (Obsessive Compulsive Disorder)
- Fresh grief and a double benefit.
- Grief changes to smiles
- EFT may be a great relief to grief-stricken nurses who lose patients
- A grief case with many aspects
- Uncontrollable grief resolved with EFT
- Attorney helps client by using EFT for long term unresolved grief
- Relieving grief over the death of Higgins the dog
- When certain music triggers grief and sadness
- Freedom from grief in only 15 minutes
- Using EFT for Bereavement
- EFT turns grief into beauty
- EFT brings healing to a whole family while one woman heals her grief
- Community relief from grief with EFT
- This new Widow was helped in many ways by EFT
- EFT for grief and pet loss
- Tapping through grief leads to incredible insight and relief
- Getting to important emotions by doing EFT while looking in the mirror
- Imaginary tapping sends grief away
- EFT setup statements for grief
- An easy grief case with an aspect that showed up later
- Taking relationships work to a new level--The Odd Couple
- EFT and meditation for a broken heart
- EFT for love pain
- Shared tapping provides benefits for relationship issues
- EFT Instead of the psych ward after a relationship breaks up
- EFT by telephone smoothes out a tense family reunion
- Insights into picking up another person
- EFT heals a broken heart in rapid time
- Using EFT to improve a relationship
- EFT, One Minute Wonders and Opening to Love
- Using EFT for relationship issues--a detailed case
- Tapping on relationship issues
- Interesting way to use EFT & Tappy Bear for a broken heart
- Relationships, EFT and Spirituality
- Improve relationships by Tapping in the Positive
- Addressing relationship and family issues by tapping on photographs
- Tapping into a state of Love
- EFT resolves a 10 year heartbreak
- "I didn't like kissing my wife after she drank coffee."
- Jack improves his relationship with his grandson using surrogate EFT
- Using EFT to prepare for a difficult encounter
- How clearing an intense cough led to improved family relationships--an EFT two-for-one EFT benefit
- MD introduces an innovative idea that brings relief for stubborn relationship issue
- Finding the love you want by healing the inner child
- Relationship Issue: "My husband was being a jerk"
- What holds you back from your lover?
- EFT is instrumental in bringing a couple back together
- Relationships - on "Being Right"
- Instant relationship fix?
- Relationship issue: A humorous approach
- EFT for Couples
- Combining role playing with EFT for relationships and other issues
- Using EFT for a Broken Heart
- The Healing Power of Forgiveness
- Love, Intuition, Patience and EFT help a schizophrenic 15 year old.
- Using EFT on "blocking thoughts" to good relationships
- Surrogate EFT heals a broken heart for a 16 year old boy
- Retired Stanford professor fixes his wife's computer with EFT
- Relationship success after finding core issue
- EFT to heal family relationships
- Writing a letter
- Reframes (seeing things differently) for guilt, shame and sorrow
- Restless leg syndrome linked to guilt - 20 years of restlessness gone in 2 sessions
- How to reduce guilt via an EFT "Tapping Circle" -- keeping privacy for everyone
- The Rolling EFT process
- The "Tapping the System" Technique
- How Guilt and Shame Block the Law of Attraction
- Using EFT for unnecessary guilt - Did EFT get someone's husband to cook dinner?
- EFT and infertility
- Stubborn guilt finally subsides after doing a search on our website and DVDs for ideas
- A bout of cystitis turns out to be a bout of guilt
- Psychotherapy Dramatically Improved By New 'Acupuncture Without Needles' Technique
- New Acupressure Discovery Reduces Stress 4 Ways: 80% Success Rate
- Many Stressed Women Abandon Healthy Lifestyle Habits: Simple Acupressure Technique Offers a Solution
- A new do-it-yourself approach to acupressure alleviates stress and, in turn neutralizes cold, flu an
- Eating Disorders
- Two Year Bulimia Problem Gets Major Assist in One Hour
- A Bulimia "one session wonder"
- Bulimia in Brazil
- Joe resolves his Anorexia...and more
- Love, diligence and an eating disorder
- Michal describes what it is like to be free from an eating disorder
- Anger Management
Other Emotional Issues
Panic And Anxiety
Panic attacks and heart palpitations subside after doing EFT on dreams
Note: This is one of 3,000 articles written prior to the updated Gold Standard (Official) EFT Tapping Tutorial™. It provides practical uses for EFT Tapping and most EFT'ers should find it very helpful. However, if your benefits are temporary or a more in-depth approach is needed, you are urged to (1) consult The Gold Standard EFT Tapping Tutorial, (2) Explore our newest advancement, Optimal EFT, by reading our free e-book, The Unseen Therapist, and/or (3) get help from a Certified EFT Practitioner.
Aileen Nobles displays creative approaches and useful language in this interesting case. Please consult physicians for all medical issues.
This is a rather interesting use of EFT working hand in hand with dreams.
When Jane came into the office she told me she had been plagued for years with two reoccurring nightmares. She was depressed, had heart palpitations and suffered from the occasional panic attack. She desperately wanted to stop having two dreams that really upset her.
The first dream was a toilet dream. She constantly found herself needing to have a bowel movement, yet every toilet she found was backed up, overflowing and filthy. She would desperately run from toilet to toilet, finding the same situation wherever she went. Her desperation to relieve herself grew in intensity, until she would wake up in a sweat with heart palpitations.
The second dream was a nightmare as far as she was concerned. She would find herself walking along a road, when she would notice she was being stalked by someone in dark clothes who looked like a "foreigner."
She would run, and he would run with her, hiding behind bushes and buildings. She tried to hide but she would hear him coming and start running again trying to escape. Finally she would wake up, again sweating and experiencing heart palpitations.
In her own life "Jane" had been very passive. Her husband of many years was very clever with words. He had a way of blaming her and putting her down about anything that wasn't running smoothly in their family life.
Jane never spoke up. She swallowed her pain and anger year after year. She started to feel more and more depressed and began having panic attacks and palpitations.
As our session began Jane requested that we start tapping on her toilet dreams, even though I would have chosen to first focus on her fear of speaking up, and the suppressed pain and anger. It was okay, as all roads lead to Mecca.
She began gently rubbing her sore spots:
"Even though I have these disgusting and upsetting dreams, its okay, I'm still a terrific person anyway."
"Even though these dreams are trying to tell me something and I'm not listening, its ok, I'm still a pretty great person.
We started on the basic tapping:
"I have carried a lot of garbage inside me that i've stuffed over the years, by not speaking up."
"All this garbage wants to come out, and it deserves to go down the toilet,"
"Perhaps my toilets are overflowing because I haven't released any of my stuff."
"My subconscious and Higher Self are showing me that I need to release this garbage but I can't seem to do it."
"When I try and find a place to relieve myself, its always overflowing, I desperately need to go, and I cant, and I feel panic."
"I see that my need to release all I have inside is essential."
"The stopped up toilets are a mirror of how I am inside."
"I'm ready to release all my anger and pain, and honor myself by speaking up."
"I dont need to have these stuffed up toilet dreams anymore as I release my pent up emotions."
We talked about letting her husband know how she felt. She decided that she didn't deserve to be spoken to in that tone of voice, and wouldn't accept being blamed anymore.
I had her imagine herself speaking up to him quite calmly, as she tapped on her gamut point. It felt natural and easy to her. We tapped on releasing old hurts and put downs, until she felt clear of
any buried emotions.
She tapped another basic round of:
"If I need to have any more toilet dreams the toilets will be clean and clear for me as I continue to release all my garbage that I have stuffed inside."
"I am now able to speak up and honor myself in a loving and centered way."
"It feels good to express myself , I deserve it."
" As I express myself, I no longer need to experience heart palpitations. My heart and my love are becoming stronger right now."
We tested Jane with kinesology (muscle testing), and she was strong on choosing, allowing, and deserving. If any of these had tested weak we would have continued to tap on not allowing or not deserving. In my experience its essential to have agreement on all levels of our Being with allowing and deserving.
Next we moved to her "nightmare of being stalked and chased."
I explained to Jane that any dark person chasing us or threatening us in any way in a dream, is nothing more than an aspect of ourselves that we have not yet bought into the Light.
I had Jane begin by rubbing her sore spots:
"Even though these dreams of someone stalking me are terrifying, perhaps in some way they are trying to help me, and whatever they are trying to tell me, I can love and accept myself anyway."
We did a couple of basic rounds:
"This feeling of being stalked terrifies me."
"This person feels so dark and scary."
"What if this dark and scary person is a dark part of me I havnt looked at."
"What if this dark and scary person needs help."
"Perhaps this scary part really is a part of me."
"What if I acknowledge the parts of myself that so far I have chosen to keep in the dark."
"Perhaps I will let all my anger come to the surface and release it."
We tapped using the long version. When she reached her little finger as she tapped on the cuticle she said:
"I forgive myself for all my terrible thoughts I have had about my husband that I stuffed inside. I forgive myself and my husband for our behavior and for contributing in any way to creating this pain inside of me,"
We went to the karate point.
"I understand my husband did the best he could coming from his limited male perspective."
"I know he loves me."
"If he was blessed with my sensitivity, he would have behaved differently, but he chose to be himself."
"I needed him to be who I wanted him to be, how dare he behave the way he wanted to, instead of the way I wanted him to."
"What right does he have to do it his way?"
She began to laugh.
Tapping on the sore spot:
"Even though there were times when I wanted to strangle him, its ok, I can love and accept myself anyway."
She hadn't mentioned these thoughts to me, but admitted afterwards that she had periodically had them.)
"I can now release all my guilt at myself for the thoughts I had. I no longer need to stuff my emotions, I am ready to speak up."
"I'm really terrific, and our marriage will now improve."
"Now I have released my anger, I can open my heart and allow myself to feel more loving toward my husband."
"Life will only get better."
"I am ready now. No more scary dreams...I dont need them any more."
Joan had shut herself down sexually over the years. She used the excuse of menopause being the reason instead of suppressed anger.
It was wonderful to receive her call a week later and hear that she had had no more dreams of being stalked. She did have a toilet dream where she found a clean and functioning toilet.
She is now feeling as playful and sensual as she did when she and her husband first got married. Jane has had no palpitations or panic attacks since our last session.
Dreams are always our friends ,and if they seem scary, once interpreted the issues we need to release will free us from the need to experience guidance in this form. EFT offers the quickest way I have ever come across that allows us to utilize the information we are being given in our dream state to release and grow.
Love and Light,
FOR MORE EFT HELP ...
Explore our newest advancement, Optimal EFT, by reading our free e-book, The Unseen Therapist.