- Other Emotional Issues
- Anger Management
- A client talks about her abusive childhood and her relief via EFT
- Resentments relieved 22 years after a poor birthing experience
- EFT resolves long term resentment
- The EFT Cooling Tower Technique for Letting off Steam
- Anger management approach for a polarity responder
- The cause of our anger isn't always as it appears
- A client resolves lifelong anger on her own
- Clearing anger and self loathing with EFT via introduction to inner child
- Stubborn anger issue falls to 0 with emphatic "say what you feel" wording.
- Road Rage and hives disappear in one session after getting to the core issue
- Press Release: Can a One-Minute Anger Management Technique Reduce Injury Risk and Chronic Illness?
- Releasing anger patterns with EFT
- Employee overcomes anger at supervisor
- Jonas uses EFT for deeper meditation - dangerous PSA reading is now only 0.4
- School Counselor on anger and tension,
- Getting behind a successful EFT anger case
- New Technique Helps Avoid Heart Damage by Diffusing Anger Within Marital Arguments
- The client who continually felt resentful
- Anger case--the urge to explode
- Even dropping the kids off at school provides tapping opportunities - an anger issue
- Using EFT to self-calm an intense anger tantrum
- Useful thoughts on anger by Stewart Robertson
- Football Star Uses New Acupressure Technique to Calm his Road Rage -- No Drugs Needed
- Transgender person with abusive mother relieves rage with EFT
- Getting over a gang rape--including a follow-up
- EFT alleviates horrendous self-hatred and rage
- Calming down Teddy, an emotionally disturbedboy
- EFT for anger underlying ALS
- Releasing anger at parents allowed healing of ulcerative colitis and headaches
- Suppressed anger expelled via the stomach
- EFT for self righteous anger
- A murderous rage is calmed with EFT
- Intuitional work with anger
- A First Class use of Surrogate EFT for Bill's anger and behavior issues
- EFT Transforms "hopping-mad" anger
- An unusual anger release
- Anger in a homeless shelter
- Anger case history from a client
- EFT for workplace anger
- Josh: Building rapport with children--anger & behavior problems.
- EFT for anger helps both Ann and her angry husband--note the surrogate approach
- Unbearable hatred toward classmates
- Anger and Hostility are Proven to Damage Lungs; Simple Acupressure Technique Offers a Solution
- Brandon's Story--anger problem becomes history: (including an update at the end)
- EFT for deep seated anger
- EFT and severe mental illness--a murderous impulse
- An interesting approach to EFT and road rage
- Using EFT for on-the-spot "hopping mad" anger
- Surrogate EFT for fighting neighbors
- A non-therapist does superb work on depression--including her own.
- Newbie uses EFT on depression, allergic reactions and more
- Hair loss and facial blemishes fade after EFT relieves important emotional issues -- Depression too!
- Adrienne, a physician
- Gary discusses depression and some new ideas
- EFT on personal depression--"I was angry at myself"
- Press Release: New Method for Depression Often Works When Nothing Else Will
- 30+ years of depression gone in 2 minutes
- EFT saves a life by rapidly resolving suicidal depression
- Depression and confusion about God
- When depression comes from a related issue
- Depression Drugs and Migraine Drugs Don't Always Do The Job
- Dr. Patricia Carrington on depression--a detailed discussion, including meds
- Depression, height phobia and claustrophobia eliminated in one session
- Depression related to guilt
- EFT instead of shock treatments?
- From depressed and suicidal ... to ... "I laugh all the time
- Depression on Death Row
- EFT Newcomer eliminates his own deep depression and anxiety disorder
- An intimate look at Depression
- A successful but involved depression case--"I don't want to tell you how well I'm doing"
- EFT resolves 12 years of postnatal depression
- What was REALLY causing Anne's depression?
- EFT student eases his wife's suicidal thoughts
- Louella: Depression, pesticides and low blood sugar
- Maggie eliminates her own depression
- Surrogate tapping and its effect on depression.
- Persistent EFT by Email on depression, anger and anxiety
- Cross dressing, sexuality and depression
- Long term severe depression gone in ten minutes
- Jaqui Crooks used EFT to overcome her Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD)
- Was it really a manic/depressive disorder?
- A textbook depression case--a "one minute wonder" complete with belief changes
- Approaching Depression with the Tearless Trauma Technique
- After 15 years of therapy, including shock therapy, EFT helps release depression
- A case that didn't work--and some suggestions
- A first class look at using EFT for a complex case - depression, guilt, grief and abandonment
- A mis-diagnosed manic/depressive disorder
- Depression with numerous underlying issues
- Major results for anxiety, depression and social issues from one thorough EFT session and consistent EFT "homework"
- Success with a skeptical, depressed scientist - follow up included
- Depression, low self esteem and childhood traumas
- Persistence and a challenging case - Incest, abuse, depression, anxiety attacks, nightmares and flashbacks
- Panic And Anxiety
- Detective work provides help for an anxiety disorder
- Imagination tapping on the finger points reduces stress level to zero
- Using EFT for a client who feels out of control.
- One EFT round with Deborah's daughter relieves performance anxiety
- Surgery anxiety and EFT
- EFT helps adult learners overcome school and math anxiety
- EFT on a case of extreme separation anxiety in a dog and the importance of Core Issues for Animals
- Study Shows Simple Drug-Free Acupressure Technique Reduces Dental Anxiety
- Anxiety, eating and more
- Success in neutralizing unwanted memories without the client disclosing the content
- Newcomer uses EFT to collapse his own panic-attacks and writes letter to "Quackwatch"
- A detailed panic attack case
- Eric Robins, MD and Lisa Cox on surgery anxieties
- Severe anxiety client has his life back
- EFT Newbie resolves her own major trip anxiety
- Panic attacks and heart palpitations subside after doing EFT on dreams
- Courtroom anxiety AND anxiety about calling employers
- One EFT phone session resolves driving test anxiety -- and the benefits expand
- Panic attacks and fear of darkness
- Addressing Generalized Anxiety Disorder by aiming EFT at specific events
- Non-therapist relieves stress in the form of a temper tantrum
- EFT for panic attacks
- Who Would Have Thought That Acupressure Could Relieve Social Anxiety Better Than Drugs or Therapy?
- Daddy left me. Will my new boyfriend leave me too?
- Daily tapping for Panic Attacks
- Anxiety related to atrial fibrillation is calmed with EFT
- Performance anxiety and many aspects
- EFT brings relief for trauma, anxiety, and an overactive bladder, all in less than an hour
- Test anxiety
- Using EFT for Social Anxiety Disorder
- Surgeon Uses New Acupressure Technique to Lower Surgery Risk
- Overcoming Test Anxiety with New Drug-Free Technique: 80% Success Rate
- Successful surrogate tapping for surgery anxiety
- Persistence and Panic Attacks - Quality results on a stubborn issue
- Getting to the core of "Mark's" anxiety
- EFT for overeating and panic attacks
- Performance anxiety at a music camp
- Gayla uses EFT for panic
- Travel Anxiety--using the Tell the Story Technique
- Febrile convulsions and related panic attacks subside--not one attack in the two years since she learned to use EFT
- Two surrogate tapping cases: Dental anxiety and severe stomach ache
- Panic Attacks: Getting behind the thought process
- Husband relieves wife of major panic attack
- EFT newcomer rids himself of social anxiety
- Relief for another stress related cough
- Using EFT for panic when nobody is around
- New Method for Treating Anxiety Works When Conventional Treatments Fail
- Clearing social anxiety with EFT
- A Quality "How To Do It" Session for Fear and Anxiety
- Diagnosed as a schizophrenic, Gregoire had anxiety, stress and insomnia
- Current "in your face" anxiety and stress case
- EFT makes good progress with panic, agoraphobia and feeling like a failure
- Detective work crucial in relief for panic attacks
- Combining EFT with the Inner Theater approach for panic attacks
- Testing your EFT work: Feeling trapped and panic attacks
- Anxiety and the fear of being alone
- EFT student uses tapping to immediately calm down after a major car accident
- Medical school test anxiety--from C's and D's to A's and B's
- Success story with 10 day anxiety attack
- Sports anxiety, heat sensitivity, being away from home, loneliness, fear of insects.
- 20 year old abduction anxiety calmed with EFT
- Collapsing a client's anxiety from the 9/11 disaster--with 4 year follow-up
- OCD (Obsessive Compulsive Disorder)
- This new Widow was helped in many ways by EFT
- EFT for grief and pet loss
- Getting to important emotions by doing EFT while looking in the mirror
- Tapping through grief leads to incredible insight and relief
- EFT for pain and grief for a birth mother who wasn't allowed to see her child -- a touching story with a happy ending
- An easy grief case with an aspect that showed up later
- Imaginary tapping sends grief away
- EFT setup statements for grief
- Fresh grief and a double benefit.
- Grief changes to smiles
- EFT may be a great relief to grief-stricken nurses who lose patients
- A grief case with many aspects
- Uncontrollable grief resolved with EFT
- Attorney helps client by using EFT for long term unresolved grief
- Relieving grief over the death of Higgins the dog
- When certain music triggers grief and sadness
- Freedom from grief in only 15 minutes
- Using EFT for Bereavement
- EFT turns grief into beauty
- EFT eliminates unnecessary grief emotions and softens the grieving process - includes 2 month follow up
- EFT brings healing to a whole family while one woman heals her grief
- Community relief from grief with EFT
- Relationship issue: A humorous approach
- What holds you back from your lover?
- EFT is instrumental in bringing a couple back together
- Relationships - on "Being Right"
- Instant relationship fix?
- Love, Intuition, Patience and EFT help a schizophrenic 15 year old.
- EFT for Couples
- Combining role playing with EFT for relationships and other issues
- Using EFT for a Broken Heart
- The Healing Power of Forgiveness
- EFT to heal family relationships
- Using EFT on "blocking thoughts" to good relationships
- Surrogate EFT heals a broken heart for a 16 year old boy
- Retired Stanford professor fixes his wife's computer with EFT
- Relationship success after finding core issue
- Shared tapping provides benefits for relationship issues
- EFT Instead of the psych ward after a relationship breaks up
- Taking relationships work to a new level--The Odd Couple
- EFT and meditation for a broken heart
- EFT for love pain
- Using EFT to improve a relationship
- EFT, One Minute Wonders and Opening to Love
- EFT by telephone smoothes out a tense family reunion
- Insights into picking up another person
- EFT heals a broken heart in rapid time
- Relationships, EFT and Spirituality
- Improve relationships by Tapping in the Positive
- Using EFT for relationship issues--a detailed case
- Tapping on relationship issues
- Interesting way to use EFT & Tappy Bear for a broken heart
- "I didn't like kissing my wife after she drank coffee."
- Jack improves his relationship with his grandson using surrogate EFT
- Addressing relationship and family issues by tapping on photographs
- Tapping into a state of Love
- EFT resolves a 10 year heartbreak
- Relationship Issue: "My husband was being a jerk"
- Using EFT to prepare for a difficult encounter
- How clearing an intense cough led to improved family relationships--an EFT two-for-one EFT benefit
- MD introduces an innovative idea that brings relief for stubborn relationship issue
- Finding the love you want by healing the inner child
- Using EFT for unnecessary guilt - Did EFT get someone's husband to cook dinner?
- How Guilt and Shame Block the Law of Attraction
- Stubborn guilt finally subsides after doing a search on our website and DVDs for ideas
- EFT and infertility
- A bout of cystitis turns out to be a bout of guilt
- Writing a letter
- Reframes (seeing things differently) for guilt, shame and sorrow
- Restless leg syndrome linked to guilt - 20 years of restlessness gone in 2 sessions
- How to reduce guilt via an EFT "Tapping Circle" -- keeping privacy for everyone
- The "Tapping the System" Technique
- The Rolling EFT process
- A new do-it-yourself approach to acupressure alleviates stress and, in turn neutralizes cold, flu an
- Psychotherapy Dramatically Improved By New 'Acupuncture Without Needles' Technique
- New Acupressure Discovery Reduces Stress 4 Ways: 80% Success Rate
- Many Stressed Women Abandon Healthy Lifestyle Habits: Simple Acupressure Technique Offers a Solution
- To Physicians: New Discoveries in Acupressure Promise Everything From Alertness to Pain and Stress Management
- Eating Disorders
- A Bulimia "one session wonder"
- Bulimia in Brazil
- "Acceptance Tapping" - A powerful EFT treatment variation for severe compulsive disorders and bulimia.
- Joe resolves his Anorexia...and more
- Love, diligence and an eating disorder
- Michal describes what it is like to be free from an eating disorder
- Two Year Bulimia Problem Gets Major Assist in One Hour
- Anger Management
Table of Contents Help
The tabs on the right are shortcuts to where you have been:
- Previous Screen
- Previous Articles
- Previous Categories
- Start Page
- Hide Entire Menu
Swiping to the left will take you to the previous screen.
The folder icon indicates that more content is available. Click on the icon or the associated text, or swipe to the right to see the additional content.
Other Emotional Issues
EFT, One Minute Wonders and Opening to Love
Note: This is one of 3,000 articles written prior to the updated Gold Standard (Official) EFT Tapping Tutorial™. As a result, it is likely outdated. It provides practical uses for EFT Tapping but you should also explore our newest advancement, Optimal EFT, by reading our free e-book, The Unseen Therapist™, and/or get help from a Certified EFT Practitioner.
In this 2 part series, EFT Master Sue Beer from the UK shares her thoughts on topics such as What is EFT for, what is really happening with EFT, what is Psychological Reversal?
Part 1 of 2
“Opening to Love is what inevitably happens as we release our negative energy – all that guilt, anger, resentment, pain…and so on. It is also the means by which this happens; and so it is the ends and the means, the beginning and the end.”
What is EFT for?
It’s hard to imagine life without EFT now. Discovering it has already changed so many people’s lives, opening up whole new ways of living and relating to one another, and the world; and because of it we have extended the boundaries of what we believe is possible. And, I am interested in where this is taking us. We now have the means to make things possible that were previously only a fancy, a glimpse, an esoteric secret known to a few. Whatever you can conceive of you can create. The only limits are your willingness to continually see further, to acknowledge and release the blocks between yourself and your true power.
There are countless examples now of EFT One Minute Wonder - phobias, cravings, dyslexia, troublesome memories, physical pain, love pain, problems big and small vanishing with EFT, on and on - miracles happening every where, to every one - sometimes even you or me! These miracles make us wonder, they grab our attention, make us pause and ask our selves:
“So if that is possible what else might be possible for me (or another)? What else can I do or be? How much further can we go?”
Are you someone that never had a one minute wonder? First, realise you are not alone. Then stop and tap right now. That very thought might be getting in the way of your next step:
Brainstorm all your thoughts, envies, resentments, stuckness, confusion around this – then tap until you feel lighter – like this , for example:
“Even though it doesn’t work for me, however much I try,
“Even though I never had a One Minute Wonder (OMW), that’s only for others … I must be doing it all wrong … I’m just too damaged…bad.. I cant focus..get it right”
Tap each point with a different phrase from your setups rounds: “won’t work for me” “must be doing it wrong” “too damaged”
Say the setup with emphasis and especially give the “I deeply and completely love and accept myself” part your energy.
Whether or not you have ever experienced a OMW fades in to insignificance in the awe inspiring context of the possibilities for EFT. In fact when you are no longer hung up on that idea you are free to go further and further, piece by piece, step by step - seeing your life as a giant jigsaw of possibilities that gets bigger and bigger, and more and more fun to play with. You are so much more than you think! You have so much more to contribute.
Opening to Love is all about going further with EFT (wherever you are now), daring to dream and living life purposefully. It is about using EFT beyond fixing problems whether they are OMWs or not, towards our dreams and on to Self or spiritual realisation. It’s about opening to true power. It is about discovering that Love and true power are the same thing.
What is your dream? – sport, business, relationships, science simply living with kindness and compassion? When we are aligned with Love we cannot help but succeed, whatever the form our dream may take.
What is really happening with EFT?
Its curious how something as apparently simple as EFT works.
The basics are very important: when we first learn we are encouraged to say out loud (whether we believe it or not) ‘I deeply and completely love and accept myself’, alongside the negative statement that describes the problem. In other words we hold in our minds these opposites. Why does that work so often even though we don’t believe it? Could it perhaps be because at a deeper level we do believe it, it is the Truth and briefly (psychological reversal comes and goes), we are in alignment with that?
I like to wonder about these things, and I wonder whether when we say these words we access universal intelligence, the truth taught by spiritual sages through the years, that transcends our limited fixed ideas about who we are.
If you want to supercharge your work on yourself just be open to the possibility that you really are not who you think – you are so much more than that. The energy of Love recognises your true reality beyond the limits of body, time and space and all your thoughts. By bringing the darkness - “this problem” - to the light, whether or not we believe what we are saying, and so often something happens, implies there must be another level of mind that is operating, and more powerful than our conscious awareness.
It is as if the words resonate unconsciously and remind us who we really are, opening a portal to Love which is the reality that transcends normal awareness and allows us to heal.
The question is - what happens if we begin to be more conscious about this? Taking the phrase ‘I deeply and completely love and accept myself’ further? Begin to cultivate the awareness that every time you use EFT for yourself, or another, you are doing something very important, something sacred. If you are a practitioner be aware that holding that intention for your client’s healing, especially if they are weary, disillusioned and feel as if they have tried everything, may be the most helpful thing you do. Where there is suffering we have lost sight of Love, we are out of alignment with our Truth (another way of describing Psychological Reversal) and we need someone to see beyond our limited self perception for us.
In Part Two of this article – ‘Opening to Love and and Psychological Reversal’ we will look at ways to do this in our work with ourselves and others, expanding our ideas about Psychological Reversal and how we can move beyond it.
Sue Beer, EFT Master
Part 2 of 2
Not everything is a One Minute Wonder
In the first part of this article we discussed the idea that not everyone will experience a One Minute Wonder with EFT. We also considered how something as apparently simple as EFT works, so often.
However, what really interests me is what is happening when EFT does not work – (it’s ironic that on the path to EFT Mastery it helps to develop a fascination with how and why it doesn’t work! – how are we stuck, how do we do become stuck: what are we believing, what is the difference between stuck and not?).
It can be when we are really stuck that we look more deeply into the concept of ‘Psychological Reversal’, and we start to find out more about EFT and how it works. As a beginner we will probably have grasped that PR can stop EFT in its tracks – we learn that saying the Set Up statement while tapping the Karate Chop Point or rubbing the Sore Spot is the correction or antidote for PR. Then we learn that if the process is not working the chances are we have not got past PR.
If you are working on your own and you have this experience it can be rather like reading a medical encyclopaedia and identifying with every symptom - interestingly these very thoughts are PR in action, limiting fear thoughts crowding in, maybe going something like this:
“Have I got ‘It’ and… worse still… Am I Massively Reversed!!?”
“Perhaps I am one of the people this won’t work for? I’m so reversed (bad)…I knew it, I’m hopeless…”
“I’ve done the Set Up and everything and it still hasn’t worked, I knew something this weird couldn’t work!”
Of course, in this state of fear, anxiety and self-doubt we are a very long way from deeply and completely accepting ourselves. Sound familiar? Actually this phenomenon is so common I think it deserves its own name – perhaps ‘Reversology’: the belief or conviction of being irreversibly reversed, not able to be helped!
What is Psychological Reversal?
So what do we know about Psychological Reversal? The fact is nobody knows what it is for sure, we just have some ways of describing what appears to happen. I find it useful to keep remembering that PR is not a thing in its own right, rather an observation of a process. It is not, and can never be, a statement of identity - as in “I am Psychologically Reversed”. It is a process of interference created by our own thoughts and/or responses and relationship to our environment. In other words, it is something we do (rather than have or be).
We know some useful metaphors to describe it. It is AS IF we have our batteries in the wrong way round, giving rise to a situation where there is a literal polarity reversal of our energy system against ourselves, and the tapping will not work. Our thoughts, both conscious and unconscious are the batteries, and they can work for us and against us. Actually PR can be there, or not, as quickly as we change the way we see things, change our minds. What if we were more aware of what has to happen for it NOT to be there? What do we need to realign ourselves with and how do we do this?
The ‘I’ who experiences the problem is not the Self for whom the words “I deeply and completely love and accept myself” are forever true. When we are stuck we think that small ‘I’ is all we are, we have forgotten the sun is always there behind the clouds whether we can see it or not. We have turned against ourselves and there is interference to our true power, our connection to Love.
We have ways to get beyond this interference. Often simply saying the Set Up more emphatically - shouting it if necessary, will do the trick. We also know that sometimes drinking water will restore the flow. Another way is to break down PR into more specific thought forms, for example:
“Even if I never get over this problem, I deeply and completely love and accept myself anyway”.
“Even if I don’t deserve to get over this problem….”
“Even if I won’t/can’t do what I need to…”
“Even if it’s not safe for me/not safe for others…”
PR and Opening to Love
However we describe it, getting beyond our blocks and self sabotaging strategies is about opening to Love. Love heals. It is the antidote to fear.
My work with Opening To Love is about experiencing ways to get beyond fear in its many forms, developing our abilities to be more consciously able to switch our minds and align ourselves with our healing power.
From this place our hearts sing and our work with EFT has even more elegance and ease and joy. Perhaps psychological reversal is simply fear of Love. And, although it takes many forms it has no real substance because ultimately, although we do a great job trying, we can not get away from the eternal truth that Love is who we are, and simply awaits our recognition.
I believe there is a glimpse of recognition every time we set our intention through our thoughts or words such as “I deeply and completely love and accept myself”. When we are stuck we are unconsciously identified with ourselves at a bodily level, at the level of suffering and pain and limitation. When we are in alignment with our reality as Spirit, whether we are aware of it or even believe in it or not, healing happens.
If you think about your own experience of healing you may recognise feeling lighter, more loving, forgiving, peaceful - qualities that transcend the awareness of our limited, isolated, separate selves.
Heart Connection Exercise
Can you imagine being able to make that connection to your healing power more often, more easily, more deliberately? My experience is that once we begin it gets easier and easier, we feel it in our hearts and it feels right, like coming Home. We realise how much effort it takes to work against ourselves.
Try the following Heart Connection Exercise – it is designed to strengthen the conscious connection between yourself and Love or your true power, and bypass psychological reversal. It only takes a minute or less to do, and when you have done it a few times you will start to feel a positive surge as soon as you put your hand to your heart, and then just by thinking of it. You can do this instead of a standard Set Up, as well as, or on its own:
1. Place your tapping hand on your heart area
Close your eyes and wonder what it would be like to..
…really remember Oneness, perfect Love and safety – the most exquisite sense of being ok…what comes to mind?
Was there ever a time, (when you felt the best you are capable of now)… a particular pleasant memory, a glimpse, a hint…of what it might be like to really remember?
Tap or rub your heart area as the positive feelings that go with these thoughts come through.
2. When you feel your Heart Connection (however vaguely at first) practise popping any negative thoughts or feelings right into it, rather like dragging an old computer file to trash, and seeing, hearing and feeling it disappear or dissolve.
Practise this – at first if you notice any interference to doing the process stop and tap to clear it before coming back to it. Play with it. You can build a home to bring all your fears to and dissolve in to and, above all else – enjoy!
Sue Beer, EFT Master
FOR MORE EFT HELP ...
Explore our newest advancement, Optimal EFT™, by reading our free e-book, The Unseen Therapist™.