- Other Emotional Issues
- Anger Management
- Brandon's Story--anger problem becomes history: (including an update at the end)
- EFT for deep seated anger
- EFT and severe mental illness--a murderous impulse
- An interesting approach to EFT and road rage
- Using EFT for on-the-spot "hopping mad" anger
- Surrogate EFT for fighting neighbors
- A client talks about her abusive childhood and her relief via EFT
- Resentments relieved 22 years after a poor birthing experience
- EFT resolves long term resentment
- The EFT Cooling Tower Technique for Letting off Steam
- Anger management approach for a polarity responder
- The cause of our anger isn't always as it appears
- A client resolves lifelong anger on her own
- Clearing anger and self loathing with EFT via introduction to inner child
- Stubborn anger issue falls to 0 with emphatic "say what you feel" wording.
- Road Rage and hives disappear in one session after getting to the core issue
- Press Release: Can a One-Minute Anger Management Technique Reduce Injury Risk and Chronic Illness?
- Releasing anger patterns with EFT
- Employee overcomes anger at supervisor
- Jonas uses EFT for deeper meditation - dangerous PSA reading is now only 0.4
- School Counselor on anger and tension,
- Getting behind a successful EFT anger case
- New Technique Helps Avoid Heart Damage by Diffusing Anger Within Marital Arguments
- The client who continually felt resentful
- Anger case--the urge to explode
- Even dropping the kids off at school provides tapping opportunities - an anger issue
- Using EFT to self-calm an intense anger tantrum
- Useful thoughts on anger by Stewart Robertson
- Football Star Uses New Acupressure Technique to Calm his Road Rage -- No Drugs Needed
- Transgender person with abusive mother relieves rage with EFT
- Getting over a gang rape--including a follow-up
- EFT alleviates horrendous self-hatred and rage
- Calming down Teddy, an emotionally disturbedboy
- EFT for anger underlying ALS
- Releasing anger at parents allowed healing of ulcerative colitis and headaches
- Suppressed anger expelled via the stomach
- EFT for self righteous anger
- Intuitional work with anger
- A First Class use of Surrogate EFT for Bill's anger and behavior issues
- EFT Transforms "hopping-mad" anger
- An unusual anger release
- Anger in a homeless shelter
- A murderous rage is calmed with EFT
- Josh: Building rapport with children--anger & behavior problems.
- EFT for anger helps both Ann and her angry husband--note the surrogate approach
- Unbearable hatred toward classmates
- Anger and Hostility are Proven to Damage Lungs; Simple Acupressure Technique Offers a Solution
- Anger case history from a client
- EFT for workplace anger
- A mis-diagnosed manic/depressive disorder
- Depression with numerous underlying issues
- Major results for anxiety, depression and social issues from one thorough EFT session and consistent EFT "homework"
- Success with a skeptical, depressed scientist - follow up included
- Depression, low self esteem and childhood traumas
- Persistence and a challenging case - Incest, abuse, depression, anxiety attacks, nightmares and flashbacks
- A non-therapist does superb work on depression--including her own.
- Newbie uses EFT on depression, allergic reactions and more
- Hair loss and facial blemishes fade after EFT relieves important emotional issues -- Depression too!
- Adrienne, a physician
- Gary discusses depression and some new ideas
- EFT on personal depression--"I was angry at myself"
- Press Release: New Method for Depression Often Works When Nothing Else Will
- 30+ years of depression gone in 2 minutes
- EFT saves a life by rapidly resolving suicidal depression
- Depression and confusion about God
- When depression comes from a related issue
- Depression Drugs and Migraine Drugs Don't Always Do The Job
- Dr. Patricia Carrington on depression--a detailed discussion, including meds
- Depression, height phobia and claustrophobia eliminated in one session
- Depression related to guilt
- EFT instead of shock treatments?
- From depressed and suicidal ... to ... "I laugh all the time
- Depression on Death Row
- EFT Newcomer eliminates his own deep depression and anxiety disorder
- An intimate look at Depression
- A successful but involved depression case--"I don't want to tell you how well I'm doing"
- EFT resolves 12 years of postnatal depression
- What was REALLY causing Anne's depression?
- EFT student eases his wife's suicidal thoughts
- Louella: Depression, pesticides and low blood sugar
- Surrogate tapping and its effect on depression.
- Persistent EFT by Email on depression, anger and anxiety
- Cross dressing, sexuality and depression
- Long term severe depression gone in ten minutes
- Jaqui Crooks used EFT to overcome her Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD)
- Maggie eliminates her own depression
- Was it really a manic/depressive disorder?
- A textbook depression case--a "one minute wonder" complete with belief changes
- Approaching Depression with the Tearless Trauma Technique
- After 15 years of therapy, including shock therapy, EFT helps release depression
- A case that didn't work--and some suggestions
- A first class look at using EFT for a complex case - depression, guilt, grief and abandonment
- Panic And Anxiety
- Anxiety and the fear of being alone
- EFT student uses tapping to immediately calm down after a major car accident
- Medical school test anxiety--from C's and D's to A's and B's
- Success story with 10 day anxiety attack
- Sports anxiety, heat sensitivity, being away from home, loneliness, fear of insects.
- 20 year old abduction anxiety calmed with EFT
- Collapsing a client's anxiety from the 9/11 disaster--with 4 year follow-up
- Detective work provides help for an anxiety disorder
- Imagination tapping on the finger points reduces stress level to zero
- Using EFT for a client who feels out of control.
- One EFT round with Deborah's daughter relieves performance anxiety
- Surgery anxiety and EFT
- EFT helps adult learners overcome school and math anxiety
- EFT on a case of extreme separation anxiety in a dog and the importance of Core Issues for Animals
- Study Shows Simple Drug-Free Acupressure Technique Reduces Dental Anxiety
- Anxiety, eating and more
- Success in neutralizing unwanted memories without the client disclosing the content
- Newcomer uses EFT to collapse his own panic-attacks and writes letter to "Quackwatch"
- A detailed panic attack case
- Eric Robins, MD and Lisa Cox on surgery anxieties
- Severe anxiety client has his life back
- EFT Newbie resolves her own major trip anxiety
- Panic attacks and heart palpitations subside after doing EFT on dreams
- Courtroom anxiety AND anxiety about calling employers
- One EFT phone session resolves driving test anxiety -- and the benefits expand
- Panic attacks and fear of darkness
- Addressing Generalized Anxiety Disorder by aiming EFT at specific events
- Non-therapist relieves stress in the form of a temper tantrum
- EFT for panic attacks
- Who Would Have Thought That Acupressure Could Relieve Social Anxiety Better Than Drugs or Therapy?
- Daddy left me. Will my new boyfriend leave me too?
- Daily tapping for Panic Attacks
- Anxiety related to atrial fibrillation is calmed with EFT
- Performance anxiety and many aspects
- EFT brings relief for trauma, anxiety, and an overactive bladder, all in less than an hour
- Test anxiety
- Using EFT for Social Anxiety Disorder
- Surgeon Uses New Acupressure Technique to Lower Surgery Risk
- Overcoming Test Anxiety with New Drug-Free Technique: 80% Success Rate
- Getting to the core of "Mark's" anxiety
- EFT for overeating and panic attacks
- Performance anxiety at a music camp
- Gayla uses EFT for panic
- Travel Anxiety--using the Tell the Story Technique
- Febrile convulsions and related panic attacks subside--not one attack in the two years since she learned to use EFT
- Successful surrogate tapping for surgery anxiety
- Persistence and Panic Attacks - Quality results on a stubborn issue
- Panic Attacks: Getting behind the thought process
- Husband relieves wife of major panic attack
- EFT newcomer rids himself of social anxiety
- Relief for another stress related cough
- Using EFT for panic when nobody is around
- New Method for Treating Anxiety Works When Conventional Treatments Fail
- Clearing social anxiety with EFT
- Two surrogate tapping cases: Dental anxiety and severe stomach ache
- A Quality "How To Do It" Session for Fear and Anxiety
- Diagnosed as a schizophrenic, Gregoire had anxiety, stress and insomnia
- Current "in your face" anxiety and stress case
- EFT makes good progress with panic, agoraphobia and feeling like a failure
- Detective work crucial in relief for panic attacks
- Combining EFT with the Inner Theater approach for panic attacks
- Testing your EFT work: Feeling trapped and panic attacks
- OCD (Obsessive Compulsive Disorder)
- EFT brings healing to a whole family while one woman heals her grief
- Community relief from grief with EFT
- This new Widow was helped in many ways by EFT
- EFT for grief and pet loss
- Getting to important emotions by doing EFT while looking in the mirror
- Tapping through grief leads to incredible insight and relief
- EFT for pain and grief for a birth mother who wasn't allowed to see her child -- a touching story with a happy ending
- An easy grief case with an aspect that showed up later
- Imaginary tapping sends grief away
- EFT setup statements for grief
- Fresh grief and a double benefit.
- Grief changes to smiles
- EFT may be a great relief to grief-stricken nurses who lose patients
- A grief case with many aspects
- Uncontrollable grief resolved with EFT
- Attorney helps client by using EFT for long term unresolved grief
- Relieving grief over the death of Higgins the dog
- When certain music triggers grief and sadness
- Freedom from grief in only 15 minutes
- Using EFT for Bereavement
- EFT turns grief into beauty
- EFT eliminates unnecessary grief emotions and softens the grieving process - includes 2 month follow up
- Relationship Issue: "My husband was being a jerk"
- Using EFT to prepare for a difficult encounter
- How clearing an intense cough led to improved family relationships--an EFT two-for-one EFT benefit
- MD introduces an innovative idea that brings relief for stubborn relationship issue
- Finding the love you want by healing the inner child
- Relationship issue: A humorous approach
- What holds you back from your lover?
- EFT is instrumental in bringing a couple back together
- Relationships - on "Being Right"
- Instant relationship fix?
- Love, Intuition, Patience and EFT help a schizophrenic 15 year old.
- EFT for Couples
- Combining role playing with EFT for relationships and other issues
- Using EFT for a Broken Heart
- The Healing Power of Forgiveness
- Using EFT on "blocking thoughts" to good relationships
- Surrogate EFT heals a broken heart for a 16 year old boy
- Retired Stanford professor fixes his wife's computer with EFT
- Relationship success after finding core issue
- EFT to heal family relationships
- Taking relationships work to a new level--The Odd Couple
- EFT and meditation for a broken heart
- EFT for love pain
- Shared tapping provides benefits for relationship issues
- EFT Instead of the psych ward after a relationship breaks up
- Using EFT to improve a relationship
- EFT, One Minute Wonders and Opening to Love
- EFT by telephone smoothes out a tense family reunion
- Insights into picking up another person
- EFT heals a broken heart in rapid time
- Relationships, EFT and Spirituality
- Improve relationships by Tapping in the Positive
- Using EFT for relationship issues--a detailed case
- Tapping on relationship issues
- Interesting way to use EFT & Tappy Bear for a broken heart
- "I didn't like kissing my wife after she drank coffee."
- Jack improves his relationship with his grandson using surrogate EFT
- Addressing relationship and family issues by tapping on photographs
- Tapping into a state of Love
- EFT resolves a 10 year heartbreak
- The "Tapping the System" Technique
- The Rolling EFT process
- Using EFT for unnecessary guilt - Did EFT get someone's husband to cook dinner?
- How Guilt and Shame Block the Law of Attraction
- Stubborn guilt finally subsides after doing a search on our website and DVDs for ideas
- EFT and infertility
- A bout of cystitis turns out to be a bout of guilt
- Writing a letter
- Reframes (seeing things differently) for guilt, shame and sorrow
- Restless leg syndrome linked to guilt - 20 years of restlessness gone in 2 sessions
- How to reduce guilt via an EFT "Tapping Circle" -- keeping privacy for everyone
- A new do-it-yourself approach to acupressure alleviates stress and, in turn neutralizes cold, flu an
- Psychotherapy Dramatically Improved By New 'Acupuncture Without Needles' Technique
- New Acupressure Discovery Reduces Stress 4 Ways: 80% Success Rate
- Many Stressed Women Abandon Healthy Lifestyle Habits: Simple Acupressure Technique Offers a Solution
- To Physicians: New Discoveries in Acupressure Promise Everything From Alertness to Pain and Stress Management
- Eating Disorders
- Two Year Bulimia Problem Gets Major Assist in One Hour
- A Bulimia "one session wonder"
- Bulimia in Brazil
- "Acceptance Tapping" - A powerful EFT treatment variation for severe compulsive disorders and bulimia.
- Joe resolves his Anorexia...and more
- Love, diligence and an eating disorder
- Michal describes what it is like to be free from an eating disorder
- Anger Management
Table of Contents Help
The tabs on the right are shortcuts to where you have been:
- Previous Screen
- Previous Articles
- Previous Categories
- Start Page
- Hide Entire Menu
Swiping to the left will take you to the previous screen.
The folder icon indicates that more content is available. Click on the icon or the associated text, or swipe to the right to see the additional content.
Other Emotional Issues
Panic And Anxiety
A detailed panic attack case
Important Note: This article was written prior to 2010 and is now outdated. Please use my newest advancement, Optimal EFT. It is more efficient, more powerful and clearly explained in my free e-book, The Unseen Therapist™. Best wishes, Gary
Note: This article assumes you have a working knowledge of EFT. Newcomers can still learn from it but are advised to peruse our Free Gold Standard (Official) EFT Tutorial™ for a more complete understanding.
Aileen Nobles efficiently uses EFT to take care of the many aspects of her clients panic attacks. She says, "Jenny was an actress and was afraid to go to auditions alone. Even if she was filming all day, she could not act unless her mother was somewhere in the vicinity - just in case she had another panic attack. As a beautiful young woman with a career ahead of her, this fear was clearly not enhancing her quality of life."
When Jenny’s mother first bought her to me, Jenny was a nervous wreck. She was terrified of having another full-blown panic attack and was sure her heart was going to stop any minute. As I spoke with Jenny she assured me that she knew that if she didn’t constantly think about her heart beating it would stop. She labeled herself a mild hypochondriac.
Jenny was also terrified of sleeping alone, again sure that her heart would stop beating if she fell asleep. We talked about her fear of dying but when I tuned into her it didn’t seem to be a major factor in this constant fear she was experiencing, although it often can be.
Jenny was an actress and was afraid to go to auditions alone. Even if she was filming all day, she could not act unless her mother was somewhere in the vicinity - just in case she had another panic attack. As a beautiful young woman with a career ahead of her, this fear was clearly not enhancing her quality of life.
Jenny’s fear of her heart stopping was a 10 on a scale of 0 to 10. Her fear of another panic attack was also a 10 out of 10. At the time of her panic attack she was cramming for finals, auditioning and not sleeping enough. Just thinking about that event produced uncontrollable tears. As Jenny described the feelings of her heart racing, shortness of breath, and suffocation, she could not remember ever feeling those emotions before this particular event. We started by rubbing the sore spot and then tapped with these statements.
Even though I gave myself an incredibly powerful panic attack I’m still quite wonderful anyway.
Even though I scared myself to pieces and had the panic attack of all panic attacks and ended up at the hospital, I’d love to love myself anyway.
I have so much stress inside of me.
I’ve stuffed my emotions most of my life.
I was always a good little girl and I still am, but I have a lot of emotions stuffed inside.
I have so much fear, sadness and anger all stuffed inside, because I don’t really let my feelings show.
I really try and hold myself together, especially if I’m upset over something.
I don’t want to upset my mother as she has enough to worry about already.
I’ve stuffed a whole lot of anger at myself when I don’t do what I want to do, or say what I want to say.
I don’t want to have those emotions as good girls and spiritual people don’t feel these feelings.
I’d like to let go of these feelings.
Letting go of my fear of having another panic attack.
I don’t want to upset my mother.
At this point Jenny burst into uncontrollable sobs related to her mother. When Jenny’s mother went into the hospital after Jenny’s panic attack, she was terrified her mother would die. As she recounted this event she was overwhelmed with tears again, even though her mother didn’t have a serious problem, and was only in hospital for a couple of days. We tapped on her terror of losing her mother.
If I lose my mother I think I will die.
I don’t think I can live without my mother.
But I didn’t lose my mother, she’s sitting outside waiting for me.
So I don’t need to hold on to that drama any more.
Letting go of that fear.
My mother’s here for me but I’m not here for me.
It will be a good thing if we can both enjoy being here.
I spend so much time on What if, and most of the time my What if’s don’t happen.
Now I’m going to reframe my What if’s.
Now What if my mother lives to a ripe old age.
What if I never have a panic attack again.’
What if I have fun and focus on my career.
What if I don’t have to be perfect, that will take a whole lot of stress off me.
My mother’s a strong woman… she has to be to be my mother!
She started to laugh. We continued working on being OK about expressing herself, not needing to be “perfect” whatever that meant to her, and knowing she was loved for who she was. She felt and looked so much clearer around the fear issues with her mother. We then did the Movie Technique on experiencing the actual panic attack, releasing the panic around the feeling that she was dying. Soon she felt detached enough to see it as if it was a movie.
Jenny reported the following week that she hadn’t thought about having a panic attack since our prior session. She was still thinking about getting ill. Her thoughts were constantly on her heart stopping if she didn’t think about it, but wasn’t panicked any more. Now we needed to work on her fear of her heart stopping.
Even though I’m sure my heart will stop if I don’t think about it, I’m quite wonderful anyway.
We talked about from where that thought might have originated. When her mother came home from hospital Jenny sat up with her all night. She changed her mother’s dressings and watched her to make sure her heart was beating.
We did the movie technique on that specific event, gradually releasing her need to feel that if she didn’t watch her mother breathe, her mother’s heart would stop.
Even though willing my mother’s heart to beat may have helped her, there’s a good chance her heart would have continued beating anyway.
Even though I had to go to the bathroom and leave my mother during the night, somehow her heart kept working anyway.
Perhaps her heart and mine know how to beat on their own.
The truth is my heart has been beating since I was conceived. It beats while I’m asleep and when I’m focused on acting or being involved in various activities.
I think perhaps my wonderful subconscious knows how to do this job of beating my heart better than I do.
I can’t stop my heart from beating by thinking about it, and I can’t make it beat by thinking about it. It’s either beating or its not, and I’m not controlling it.
If I was a yogi I probably could control it, but I’m definitely not.
I don’t have to think about it, I’m safe.
I surrender this job to a higher power and use my time and energy having fun.
At the next session Jenny said her focus was not on her heart any more, and no more fear of panic attacks. Her sleeping had also improved. Jenny was still thinking about having different illnesses every time she saw an ad on television, or heard someone talking about illness. We did a few rounds on:
Even though I haven’t a clue why I wait for something to go wrong in my body I’m still quite wonderful anyway.
We tried a few variations on this theme and nothing much seemed to change. At this point we began work with her sub-personality that knew itself as a fearful sick person. We did a journey to bring this aspect of her into wholeness.
Sometimes I have found the need to work with a parallel life that may be adversely affecting present life. As that aspect of a person’s soul is worked with, the healing and releasing of the parallel, translates into the body here in present time. In this case, working with the sick sub-personality solved the issue.
GC COMMENT: Reducing these various issues down to the specific events that may have caused them is often an efficient approach.
Jenny was thrilled with the way she felt, and could now sleep without fear
Thank You EFT & Gary Craig
FOR MORE EFT HELP ...
Explore our newest advancement, Optimal EFT™, by reading my free e-book, The Unseen Therapist™. More efficient. More powerful.