- Other Emotional Issues
- Anger Management
- Getting over a gang rape--including a follow-up
- EFT alleviates horrendous self-hatred and rage
- Calming down Teddy, an emotionally disturbedboy
- EFT for anger underlying ALS
- Releasing anger at parents allowed healing of ulcerative colitis and headaches
- Suppressed anger expelled via the stomach
- EFT for self righteous anger
- Intuitional work with anger
- A First Class use of Surrogate EFT for Bill's anger and behavior issues
- EFT Transforms "hopping-mad" anger
- An unusual anger release
- Anger in a homeless shelter
- A murderous rage is calmed with EFT
- Anger case history from a client
- EFT for workplace anger
- Josh: Building rapport with children--anger & behavior problems.
- EFT for anger helps both Ann and her angry husband--note the surrogate approach
- Unbearable hatred toward classmates
- Anger and Hostility are Proven to Damage Lungs; Simple Acupressure Technique Offers a Solution
- Brandon's Story--anger problem becomes history: (including an update at the end)
- EFT for deep seated anger
- EFT and severe mental illness--a murderous impulse
- An interesting approach to EFT and road rage
- Using EFT for on-the-spot "hopping mad" anger
- Surrogate EFT for fighting neighbors
- A client talks about her abusive childhood and her relief via EFT
- Resentments relieved 22 years after a poor birthing experience
- EFT resolves long term resentment
- The EFT Cooling Tower Technique for Letting off Steam
- Anger management approach for a polarity responder
- The cause of our anger isn't always as it appears
- A client resolves lifelong anger on her own
- Clearing anger and self loathing with EFT via introduction to inner child
- Stubborn anger issue falls to 0 with emphatic "say what you feel" wording.
- Road Rage and hives disappear in one session after getting to the core issue
- Press Release: Can a One-Minute Anger Management Technique Reduce Injury Risk and Chronic Illness?
- Releasing anger patterns with EFT
- Employee overcomes anger at supervisor
- Jonas uses EFT for deeper meditation - dangerous PSA reading is now only 0.4
- School Counselor on anger and tension,
- Getting behind a successful EFT anger case
- New Technique Helps Avoid Heart Damage by Diffusing Anger Within Marital Arguments
- The client who continually felt resentful
- Anger case--the urge to explode
- Even dropping the kids off at school provides tapping opportunities - an anger issue
- Using EFT to self-calm an intense anger tantrum
- Useful thoughts on anger by Stewart Robertson
- Football Star Uses New Acupressure Technique to Calm his Road Rage -- No Drugs Needed
- Transgender person with abusive mother relieves rage with EFT
- A successful but involved depression case--"I don't want to tell you how well I'm doing"
- EFT resolves 12 years of postnatal depression
- What was REALLY causing Anne's depression?
- EFT student eases his wife's suicidal thoughts
- Louella: Depression, pesticides and low blood sugar
- Maggie eliminates her own depression
- Surrogate tapping and its effect on depression.
- Persistent EFT by Email on depression, anger and anxiety
- Cross dressing, sexuality and depression
- Long term severe depression gone in ten minutes
- Jaqui Crooks used EFT to overcome her Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD)
- Was it really a manic/depressive disorder?
- A textbook depression case--a "one minute wonder" complete with belief changes
- Approaching Depression with the Tearless Trauma Technique
- After 15 years of therapy, including shock therapy, EFT helps release depression
- A case that didn't work--and some suggestions
- A first class look at using EFT for a complex case - depression, guilt, grief and abandonment
- A mis-diagnosed manic/depressive disorder
- Depression with numerous underlying issues
- Major results for anxiety, depression and social issues from one thorough EFT session and consistent EFT "homework"
- Success with a skeptical, depressed scientist - follow up included
- Depression, low self esteem and childhood traumas
- Persistence and a challenging case - Incest, abuse, depression, anxiety attacks, nightmares and flashbacks
- A non-therapist does superb work on depression--including her own.
- Newbie uses EFT on depression, allergic reactions and more
- Hair loss and facial blemishes fade after EFT relieves important emotional issues -- Depression too!
- Adrienne, a physician
- Gary discusses depression and some new ideas
- EFT on personal depression--"I was angry at myself"
- Press Release: New Method for Depression Often Works When Nothing Else Will
- 30+ years of depression gone in 2 minutes
- EFT saves a life by rapidly resolving suicidal depression
- Depression and confusion about God
- When depression comes from a related issue
- Depression Drugs and Migraine Drugs Don't Always Do The Job
- Dr. Patricia Carrington on depression--a detailed discussion, including meds
- Depression, height phobia and claustrophobia eliminated in one session
- Depression related to guilt
- EFT instead of shock treatments?
- From depressed and suicidal ... to ... "I laugh all the time
- Depression on Death Row
- EFT Newcomer eliminates his own deep depression and anxiety disorder
- An intimate look at Depression
- Panic And Anxiety
- Overcoming Test Anxiety with New Drug-Free Technique: 80% Success Rate
- Getting to the core of "Mark's" anxiety
- Anxiety related to atrial fibrillation is calmed with EFT
- Performance anxiety at a music camp
- EFT brings relief for trauma, anxiety, and an overactive bladder, all in less than an hour
- Test anxiety
- Using EFT for Social Anxiety Disorder
- Successful surrogate tapping for surgery anxiety
- Two surrogate tapping cases: Dental anxiety and severe stomach ache
- Persistence and Panic Attacks - Quality results on a stubborn issue
- Husband relieves wife of major panic attack
- EFT for overeating and panic attacks
- Relief for another stress related cough
- Gayla uses EFT for panic
- Travel Anxiety--using the Tell the Story Technique
- Febrile convulsions and related panic attacks subside--not one attack in the two years since she learned to use EFT
- A Quality "How To Do It" Session for Fear and Anxiety
- Panic Attacks: Getting behind the thought process
- Current "in your face" anxiety and stress case
- EFT newcomer rids himself of social anxiety
- Detective work crucial in relief for panic attacks
- Using EFT for panic when nobody is around
- New Method for Treating Anxiety Works When Conventional Treatments Fail
- Clearing social anxiety with EFT
- Anxiety and the fear of being alone
- Diagnosed as a schizophrenic, Gregoire had anxiety, stress and insomnia
- Medical school test anxiety--from C's and D's to A's and B's
- EFT makes good progress with panic, agoraphobia and feeling like a failure
- Sports anxiety, heat sensitivity, being away from home, loneliness, fear of insects.
- Combining EFT with the Inner Theater approach for panic attacks
- Testing your EFT work: Feeling trapped and panic attacks
- Detective work provides help for an anxiety disorder
- EFT student uses tapping to immediately calm down after a major car accident
- Using EFT for a client who feels out of control.
- Success story with 10 day anxiety attack
- Stress related cough cured
- 20 year old abduction anxiety calmed with EFT
- EFT on a case of extreme separation anxiety in a dog and the importance of Core Issues for Animals
- Collapsing a client's anxiety from the 9/11 disaster--with 4 year follow-up
- Anxiety, eating and more
- Imagination tapping on the finger points reduces stress level to zero
- Newcomer uses EFT to collapse his own panic-attacks and writes letter to "Quackwatch"
- One EFT round with Deborah's daughter relieves performance anxiety
- Surgery anxiety and EFT
- EFT helps adult learners overcome school and math anxiety
- EFT Newbie resolves her own major trip anxiety
- Study Shows Simple Drug-Free Acupressure Technique Reduces Dental Anxiety
- Courtroom anxiety AND anxiety about calling employers
- Success in neutralizing unwanted memories without the client disclosing the content
- Panic attacks and fear of darkness
- A detailed panic attack case
- Eric Robins, MD and Lisa Cox on surgery anxieties
- Severe anxiety client has his life back
- Who Would Have Thought That Acupressure Could Relieve Social Anxiety Better Than Drugs or Therapy?
- Panic attacks and heart palpitations subside after doing EFT on dreams
- Daily tapping for Panic Attacks
- One EFT phone session resolves driving test anxiety -- and the benefits expand
- Performance anxiety and many aspects
- Addressing Generalized Anxiety Disorder by aiming EFT at specific events
- Non-therapist relieves stress in the form of a temper tantrum
- EFT for panic attacks
- Surgeon Uses New Acupressure Technique to Lower Surgery Risk
- Daddy left me. Will my new boyfriend leave me too?
- OCD (Obsessive Compulsive Disorder)
- EFT may be a great relief to grief-stricken nurses who lose patients
- Fresh grief and a double benefit.
- Grief changes to smiles
- Attorney helps client by using EFT for long term unresolved grief
- A grief case with many aspects
- Uncontrollable grief resolved with EFT
- Freedom from grief in only 15 minutes
- Relieving grief over the death of Higgins the dog
- When certain music triggers grief and sadness
- EFT eliminates unnecessary grief emotions and softens the grieving process - includes 2 month follow up
- Using EFT for Bereavement
- EFT turns grief into beauty
- EFT brings healing to a whole family while one woman heals her grief
- Community relief from grief with EFT
- This new Widow was helped in many ways by EFT
- EFT for grief and pet loss
- Getting to important emotions by doing EFT while looking in the mirror
- Tapping through grief leads to incredible insight and relief
- EFT for pain and grief for a birth mother who wasn't allowed to see her child -- a touching story with a happy ending
- An easy grief case with an aspect that showed up later
- Imaginary tapping sends grief away
- EFT setup statements for grief
- EFT for love pain
- Shared tapping provides benefits for relationship issues
- EFT Instead of the psych ward after a relationship breaks up
- Taking relationships work to a new level--The Odd Couple
- EFT and meditation for a broken heart
- EFT heals a broken heart in rapid time
- Using EFT to improve a relationship
- EFT, One Minute Wonders and Opening to Love
- EFT by telephone smoothes out a tense family reunion
- Insights into picking up another person
- Interesting way to use EFT & Tappy Bear for a broken heart
- Relationships, EFT and Spirituality
- Improve relationships by Tapping in the Positive
- Using EFT for relationship issues--a detailed case
- Tapping on relationship issues
- EFT resolves a 10 year heartbreak
- "I didn't like kissing my wife after she drank coffee."
- Jack improves his relationship with his grandson using surrogate EFT
- Addressing relationship and family issues by tapping on photographs
- Tapping into a state of Love
- MD introduces an innovative idea that brings relief for stubborn relationship issue
- Finding the love you want by healing the inner child
- Relationship Issue: "My husband was being a jerk"
- Using EFT to prepare for a difficult encounter
- How clearing an intense cough led to improved family relationships--an EFT two-for-one EFT benefit
- Relationships - on "Being Right"
- Instant relationship fix?
- Relationship issue: A humorous approach
- What holds you back from your lover?
- EFT is instrumental in bringing a couple back together
- Using EFT for a Broken Heart
- The Healing Power of Forgiveness
- Love, Intuition, Patience and EFT help a schizophrenic 15 year old.
- EFT for Couples
- Combining role playing with EFT for relationships and other issues
- Retired Stanford professor fixes his wife's computer with EFT
- Relationship success after finding core issue
- EFT to heal family relationships
- Using EFT on "blocking thoughts" to good relationships
- Surrogate EFT heals a broken heart for a 16 year old boy
- Writing a letter
- Reframes (seeing things differently) for guilt, shame and sorrow
- Restless leg syndrome linked to guilt - 20 years of restlessness gone in 2 sessions
- How to reduce guilt via an EFT "Tapping Circle" -- keeping privacy for everyone
- The "Tapping the System" Technique
- The Rolling EFT process
- Using EFT for unnecessary guilt - Did EFT get someone's husband to cook dinner?
- How Guilt and Shame Block the Law of Attraction
- Stubborn guilt finally subsides after doing a search on our website and DVDs for ideas
- EFT and infertility
- A bout of cystitis turns out to be a bout of guilt
- Psychotherapy Dramatically Improved By New 'Acupuncture Without Needles' Technique
- New Acupressure Discovery Reduces Stress 4 Ways: 80% Success Rate
- Many Stressed Women Abandon Healthy Lifestyle Habits: Simple Acupressure Technique Offers a Solution
- To Physicians: New Discoveries in Acupressure Promise Everything From Alertness to Pain and Stress Management
- A new do-it-yourself approach to acupressure alleviates stress and, in turn neutralizes cold, flu an
- Eating Disorders
- Two Year Bulimia Problem Gets Major Assist in One Hour
- A Bulimia "one session wonder"
- Bulimia in Brazil
- "Acceptance Tapping" - A powerful EFT treatment variation for severe compulsive disorders and bulimia.
- Joe resolves his Anorexia...and more
- Love, diligence and an eating disorder
- Michal describes what it is like to be free from an eating disorder
- Anger Management
Other Emotional Issues
Relationship Issue: "My husband was being a jerk"
Note: This is one of 3,000 articles written prior to the updated Gold Standard (Official) EFT Tapping Tutorial™. It provides practical uses for EFT Tapping and most EFT'ers should find it very helpful. However, if your benefits are temporary or a more in-depth approach is needed, you are urged to (1) consult The Gold Standard EFT Tapping Tutorial, (2) Explore our newest advancement, Optimal EFT, by reading our free e-book, The Unseen Therapist, and/or (3) get help from a Certified EFT Practitioner.
Here is a common relationship (marriage) issue deftly handled by Rebecca Marina. Please note how, after EFT, the client has a belief change about the issue.
When EFT helps sweeten a marriage it really gives me a thrill. The following is an excerpt from a session I had with my client "Ellen".
My client Ellen called me and ask if I could see her right away. I could tell by the agitation in her voice that she was upset. When she arrived, she jokingly asked if EFT could her prevent her from "pinching someone's head off".
She went on to explain, "Last night my husband came home late from work, he just wanted to sit in his chair and watch TV. Well, he could not find the remote control and he started cussing and raising his voice and turning the couch cushions over like a madman. he finally found it...underneath his chair where he had dropped it the night before. I am so upset with his behavior that I am barely speaking to him. I really do feel aggravated with him, he acted so childishly".
Ellen wanted to work with me in the hopes of getting the courage to tell him off when he got home from work. I had a bit different thought but held my tongue and just let the session flow. Ellen clocked in at an 8 on the 'aggravation' scale. We began our session with these EFT setups.
Even though my husband can be a real jerk, I deeply and completely accept myself.
Even though I really want to tell him off big time, I deeply love and accept myself and I feel
I have a right to tell him off.
Even though he deserves for me to tell him off-BIG TIME, I deeply love and accept myself.
I felt the intensity going down so I softened the setups a bit.
Even though I think he is a big jerk sometimes, I realize that is just the way he is sometimes.
Even though he sometimes has explosive emotions, I chose not to get sucked up in them too.
I choose not to take it so personally.
I then paused to take a reading and Ellen said it was about a 5. I asked her if her husband acted like this often and she said, "Oh no, usually he is very tender with me, maybe that is why it upset me so much". We continued...
Even though he was a jerk last night I realize he just acts like a little boy sometimes. I choose to focus on the times he is more loving.
He really is nice much more than he is jerkish.
I took this opportunity to bring in some humor (Be careful here and make sure the client is ready for some humor)
Even though it is still hard to let this go, I really am right you know, I could cut him just a little slack.
Everybody has a bad moment every now and then...except me.
I never get frustrated and act bitchy- no not sweet little ole me.
I am the perfect wife, I never raise my voice or lose my temper. I am always sweet as candy.
I am the perfect wife!
By this time, we were both dissolving into giggles and I asked her for a new intensity rating. She said it was almost down to zero but I wanted to help re-inforce some positive "choices" for her. (see Dr Carrington's "choices" method)
I asked her how she would like to feel if her husband ever acted 'jerkish' again. Ellen said she would like to just "breeze through it". We tapped for...
Even though my husband may act like a jerk again, I chose to realize it is just part of life. I don't have to get in the same mood, I can leave the room and let him be a brat all by himself. I choose to just breeze through it.
The intensity was absolute zero at this point but I wanted to see if EFT could help instill even more positive feelings.
I realize that it is just this kind of little things that can really wear down on a marriage. It is the hanging onto every little wound that creates great chasms and ultimately divorce.
"What sorts of things do you LIKE about your husband, Ellen?, " I asked.
She was quick to reply:
He sends me flowers on valentines day and my birthday.
When we are out in a crowd, he always makes ME feel safe.
He really works hard for the family and he is a great provider.
He always tries to go to everything the kids have at school.
He even brings me Starbucks coffee when he passes by one.
He would rather be with me than anyone else in the world.
Here, Ellen stopped a moment, "You know, Rebecca, he works so hard at his job to make sure we are cared for that he lets himself get overly stressed. He has been working such long hours lately. I guess not being able to come home, find his remote control and watch TV gave him an excuse to blow off a little steam.
We turned all the things she had just told me into setup phrases. and tapped a bit more.
Ellen went home and told her husband just how much she appreciated him. He was so touched by her words that he apologized humbly for being such a jerk about the remote. He shared with her that the particular day had been very stressful and he had experienced a harsh run-in with his boss. Ellen reported that her husband has expressed extra tenderness towards her since and no further incidents have occurred. "If they do," she said, "I will just breeze through them."
Try EFT On Everything!
A note from Rebecca: When dealing with Martial issues, it is important to be willing to release the need to be "right". Of course Ellen was "right" to be offended by her husbands jerkish behavior. She was also willing to tap through her own frustrations to allow harmony to flow. It really helped her when we brought in the humorous set-ups like, "Even though I never have a bad day and raise my voice, I am the perfect wife, sweet as candy."
Hanging onto to the need to be 'right' and punish someone you feel did you wrong will never save your marriage.
Seek understanding and look at your own feelings . Realize you have a choice NOT to get sucked in to someone else's bad mood. One partner has the power to shift the whole energy of a relationship by focusing on what is RIGHT and not on what is WRONG.
FOR MORE EFT HELP ...
Explore our newest advancement, Optimal EFT, by reading our free e-book, The Unseen Therapist.