- Other Emotional Issues
- Anger Management
- EFT Transforms "hopping-mad" anger
- An unusual anger release
- Anger in a homeless shelter
- A murderous rage is calmed with EFT
- Intuitional work with anger
- A First Class use of Surrogate EFT for Bill's anger and behavior issues
- Josh: Building rapport with children--anger & behavior problems.
- EFT for anger helps both Ann and her angry husband--note the surrogate approach
- Unbearable hatred toward classmates
- Anger and Hostility are Proven to Damage Lungs; Simple Acupressure Technique Offers a Solution
- Anger case history from a client
- EFT for workplace anger
- EFT and severe mental illness--a murderous impulse
- An interesting approach to EFT and road rage
- Using EFT for on-the-spot "hopping mad" anger
- Surrogate EFT for fighting neighbors
- Brandon's Story--anger problem becomes history: (including an update at the end)
- EFT for deep seated anger
- EFT resolves long term resentment
- The EFT Cooling Tower Technique for Letting off Steam
- Anger management approach for a polarity responder
- The cause of our anger isn't always as it appears
- A client talks about her abusive childhood and her relief via EFT
- Resentments relieved 22 years after a poor birthing experience
- Stubborn anger issue falls to 0 with emphatic "say what you feel" wording.
- Road Rage and hives disappear in one session after getting to the core issue
- Press Release: Can a One-Minute Anger Management Technique Reduce Injury Risk and Chronic Illness?
- Releasing anger patterns with EFT
- A client resolves lifelong anger on her own
- Clearing anger and self loathing with EFT via introduction to inner child
- School Counselor on anger and tension,
- Getting behind a successful EFT anger case
- New Technique Helps Avoid Heart Damage by Diffusing Anger Within Marital Arguments
- The client who continually felt resentful
- Employee overcomes anger at supervisor
- Jonas uses EFT for deeper meditation - dangerous PSA reading is now only 0.4
- Using EFT to self-calm an intense anger tantrum
- Useful thoughts on anger by Stewart Robertson
- Football Star Uses New Acupressure Technique to Calm his Road Rage -- No Drugs Needed
- Transgender person with abusive mother relieves rage with EFT
- Anger case--the urge to explode
- Even dropping the kids off at school provides tapping opportunities - an anger issue
- Calming down Teddy, an emotionally disturbedboy
- EFT for anger underlying ALS
- Releasing anger at parents allowed healing of ulcerative colitis and headaches
- Suppressed anger expelled via the stomach
- EFT for self righteous anger
- Getting over a gang rape--including a follow-up
- EFT alleviates horrendous self-hatred and rage
- Surrogate tapping and its effect on depression.
- Persistent EFT by Email on depression, anger and anxiety
- Cross dressing, sexuality and depression
- Long term severe depression gone in ten minutes
- Jaqui Crooks used EFT to overcome her Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD)
- Maggie eliminates her own depression
- A textbook depression case--a "one minute wonder" complete with belief changes
- Approaching Depression with the Tearless Trauma Technique
- After 15 years of therapy, including shock therapy, EFT helps release depression
- A case that didn't work--and some suggestions
- A first class look at using EFT for a complex case - depression, guilt, grief and abandonment
- Was it really a manic/depressive disorder?
- Depression with numerous underlying issues
- Major results for anxiety, depression and social issues from one thorough EFT session and consistent EFT "homework"
- Success with a skeptical, depressed scientist - follow up included
- Depression, low self esteem and childhood traumas
- Persistence and a challenging case - Incest, abuse, depression, anxiety attacks, nightmares and flashbacks
- A mis-diagnosed manic/depressive disorder
- Newbie uses EFT on depression, allergic reactions and more
- Hair loss and facial blemishes fade after EFT relieves important emotional issues -- Depression too!
- Adrienne, a physician
- Gary discusses depression and some new ideas
- A non-therapist does superb work on depression--including her own.
- Press Release: New Method for Depression Often Works When Nothing Else Will
- 30+ years of depression gone in 2 minutes
- EFT saves a life by rapidly resolving suicidal depression
- Depression and confusion about God
- EFT on personal depression--"I was angry at myself"
- Depression Drugs and Migraine Drugs Don't Always Do The Job
- Dr. Patricia Carrington on depression--a detailed discussion, including meds
- Depression, height phobia and claustrophobia eliminated in one session
- Depression related to guilt
- When depression comes from a related issue
- From depressed and suicidal ... to ... "I laugh all the time
- Depression on Death Row
- EFT Newcomer eliminates his own deep depression and anxiety disorder
- An intimate look at Depression
- EFT instead of shock treatments?
- EFT resolves 12 years of postnatal depression
- What was REALLY causing Anne's depression?
- EFT student eases his wife's suicidal thoughts
- Louella: Depression, pesticides and low blood sugar
- A successful but involved depression case--"I don't want to tell you how well I'm doing"
- Panic And Anxiety
- Husband relieves wife of major panic attack
- EFT newcomer rids himself of social anxiety
- Relief for another stress related cough
- Using EFT for panic when nobody is around
- New Method for Treating Anxiety Works When Conventional Treatments Fail
- Clearing social anxiety with EFT
- Two surrogate tapping cases: Dental anxiety and severe stomach ache
- Panic Attacks: Getting behind the thought process
- Current "in your face" anxiety and stress case
- EFT makes good progress with panic, agoraphobia and feeling like a failure
- Detective work crucial in relief for panic attacks
- Combining EFT with the Inner Theater approach for panic attacks
- Testing your EFT work: Feeling trapped and panic attacks
- A Quality "How To Do It" Session for Fear and Anxiety
- Diagnosed as a schizophrenic, Gregoire had anxiety, stress and insomnia
- Medical school test anxiety--from C's and D's to A's and B's
- Success story with 10 day anxiety attack
- Sports anxiety, heat sensitivity, being away from home, loneliness, fear of insects.
- 20 year old abduction anxiety calmed with EFT
- Collapsing a client's anxiety from the 9/11 disaster--with 4 year follow-up
- Anxiety and the fear of being alone
- EFT student uses tapping to immediately calm down after a major car accident
- Using EFT for a client who feels out of control.
- One EFT round with Deborah's daughter relieves performance anxiety
- Surgery anxiety and EFT
- EFT helps adult learners overcome school and math anxiety
- EFT on a case of extreme separation anxiety in a dog and the importance of Core Issues for Animals
- Study Shows Simple Drug-Free Acupressure Technique Reduces Dental Anxiety
- Detective work provides help for an anxiety disorder
- Imagination tapping on the finger points reduces stress level to zero
- Newcomer uses EFT to collapse his own panic-attacks and writes letter to "Quackwatch"
- A detailed panic attack case
- Eric Robins, MD and Lisa Cox on surgery anxieties
- Severe anxiety client has his life back
- EFT Newbie resolves her own major trip anxiety
- Panic attacks and heart palpitations subside after doing EFT on dreams
- Anxiety, eating and more
- Success in neutralizing unwanted memories without the client disclosing the content
- Panic attacks and fear of darkness
- Addressing Generalized Anxiety Disorder by aiming EFT at specific events
- Non-therapist relieves stress in the form of a temper tantrum
- EFT for panic attacks
- Who Would Have Thought That Acupressure Could Relieve Social Anxiety Better Than Drugs or Therapy?
- Daddy left me. Will my new boyfriend leave me too?
- Courtroom anxiety AND anxiety about calling employers
- One EFT phone session resolves driving test anxiety -- and the benefits expand
- Performance anxiety and many aspects
- EFT brings relief for trauma, anxiety, and an overactive bladder, all in less than an hour
- Test anxiety
- Using EFT for Social Anxiety Disorder
- Surgeon Uses New Acupressure Technique to Lower Surgery Risk
- Overcoming Test Anxiety with New Drug-Free Technique: 80% Success Rate
- Daily tapping for Panic Attacks
- Anxiety related to atrial fibrillation is calmed with EFT
- EFT for overeating and panic attacks
- Performance anxiety at a music camp
- Gayla uses EFT for panic
- Travel Anxiety--using the Tell the Story Technique
- Febrile convulsions and related panic attacks subside--not one attack in the two years since she learned to use EFT
- Successful surrogate tapping for surgery anxiety
- Persistence and Panic Attacks - Quality results on a stubborn issue
- Getting to the core of "Mark's" anxiety
- OCD (Obsessive Compulsive Disorder)
- Relieving grief over the death of Higgins the dog
- When certain music triggers grief and sadness
- Freedom from grief in only 15 minutes
- Using EFT for Bereavement
- EFT turns grief into beauty
- EFT eliminates unnecessary grief emotions and softens the grieving process - includes 2 month follow up
- EFT brings healing to a whole family while one woman heals her grief
- Community relief from grief with EFT
- This new Widow was helped in many ways by EFT
- EFT for grief and pet loss
- Tapping through grief leads to incredible insight and relief
- EFT for pain and grief for a birth mother who wasn't allowed to see her child -- a touching story with a happy ending
- Getting to important emotions by doing EFT while looking in the mirror
- Imaginary tapping sends grief away
- EFT setup statements for grief
- An easy grief case with an aspect that showed up later
- Grief changes to smiles
- EFT may be a great relief to grief-stricken nurses who lose patients
- Fresh grief and a double benefit.
- A grief case with many aspects
- Uncontrollable grief resolved with EFT
- Attorney helps client by using EFT for long term unresolved grief
- Using EFT for relationship issues--a detailed case
- Tapping on relationship issues
- Interesting way to use EFT & Tappy Bear for a broken heart
- Relationships, EFT and Spirituality
- Improve relationships by Tapping in the Positive
- Addressing relationship and family issues by tapping on photographs
- Tapping into a state of Love
- EFT resolves a 10 year heartbreak
- "I didn't like kissing my wife after she drank coffee."
- Jack improves his relationship with his grandson using surrogate EFT
- Using EFT to prepare for a difficult encounter
- How clearing an intense cough led to improved family relationships--an EFT two-for-one EFT benefit
- MD introduces an innovative idea that brings relief for stubborn relationship issue
- Finding the love you want by healing the inner child
- Relationship Issue: "My husband was being a jerk"
- What holds you back from your lover?
- EFT is instrumental in bringing a couple back together
- Relationships - on "Being Right"
- Instant relationship fix?
- Relationship issue: A humorous approach
- EFT for Couples
- Combining role playing with EFT for relationships and other issues
- Using EFT for a Broken Heart
- The Healing Power of Forgiveness
- Love, Intuition, Patience and EFT help a schizophrenic 15 year old.
- Surrogate EFT heals a broken heart for a 16 year old boy
- Retired Stanford professor fixes his wife's computer with EFT
- Relationship success after finding core issue
- EFT to heal family relationships
- Using EFT on "blocking thoughts" to good relationships
- Taking relationships work to a new level--The Odd Couple
- EFT and meditation for a broken heart
- EFT for love pain
- Shared tapping provides benefits for relationship issues
- EFT Instead of the psych ward after a relationship breaks up
- EFT by telephone smoothes out a tense family reunion
- Insights into picking up another person
- EFT heals a broken heart in rapid time
- Using EFT to improve a relationship
- EFT, One Minute Wonders and Opening to Love
- Restless leg syndrome linked to guilt - 20 years of restlessness gone in 2 sessions
- How to reduce guilt via an EFT "Tapping Circle" -- keeping privacy for everyone
- The Rolling EFT process
- The "Tapping the System" Technique
- How Guilt and Shame Block the Law of Attraction
- Using EFT for unnecessary guilt - Did EFT get someone's husband to cook dinner?
- EFT and infertility
- Stubborn guilt finally subsides after doing a search on our website and DVDs for ideas
- A bout of cystitis turns out to be a bout of guilt
- Writing a letter
- Reframes (seeing things differently) for guilt, shame and sorrow
- Many Stressed Women Abandon Healthy Lifestyle Habits: Simple Acupressure Technique Offers a Solution
- To Physicians: New Discoveries in Acupressure Promise Everything From Alertness to Pain and Stress Management
- A new do-it-yourself approach to acupressure alleviates stress and, in turn neutralizes cold, flu an
- Psychotherapy Dramatically Improved By New 'Acupuncture Without Needles' Technique
- New Acupressure Discovery Reduces Stress 4 Ways: 80% Success Rate
- Eating Disorders
- Michal describes what it is like to be free from an eating disorder
- Two Year Bulimia Problem Gets Major Assist in One Hour
- A Bulimia "one session wonder"
- Bulimia in Brazil
- "Acceptance Tapping" - A powerful EFT treatment variation for severe compulsive disorders and bulimia.
- Joe resolves his Anorexia...and more
- Love, diligence and an eating disorder
- Anger Management
Table of Contents Help
The tabs on the right are shortcuts to where you have been:
- Previous Screen
- Previous Articles
- Previous Categories
- Start Page
- Hide Entire Menu
Swiping to the left will take you to the previous screen.
The folder icon indicates that more content is available. Click on the icon or the associated text, or swipe to the right to see the additional content.
Other Emotional Issues
Using EFT on abuse issues from "Three points of view"
Important Note: This article was written prior to 2010 and is now outdated. Please use my newest advancement, Optimal EFT. It is more efficient, more powerful and clearly explained in my free e-book, The Unseen Therapist™. Best wishes, Gary
Here's a first class post from Sam Smith of Australia who, in a workshop with abused women, used EFT on their issues from "three points of view." This idea has wide applicability and will help you be more thorough as well as generate greater insights for your clients. Also note how an important 'coincidence' shows up and thus gives, yet again, evidence of EFT's surrogate power.
I'd like to mention an extraordinary "coincidence" that occurred when dealing with a recent workshop participant.
The participants were women whose partners had physically and emotionally abused them. They were sufferers of domestic violence. They were naturally suspicious and mistrustful of any man offering free help. This workshop was extremely difficult to set-up because of the inherent mistrust of a male within their ranks. It went well with lots of issues covered and treated. But I'd like to mention's one of 'Anne's' problems and what occurred because of it.
She had issues surrounding an argument with her mother some two weeks before. The argument concerned her mother's attitude about how Anne had been conducting a part of her life. They had not seen nor spoken to each other since and this upset Anne. Her mother always 'stuck her heels in' and Anne stated that she had inherited that stubborn characteristic. She could foresee this going on for several weeks when they would ignore each other. Eventually they would get together, probably at her sisters place and the previous incident would not be mentioned. This would be uncomfortable for a little while and then would be swallowed up in their course of their lives - to be present but not talked about. This was the 'pattern' they had followed for several years.
(The remainder of the participants were asked, in 'Borrowing Benefits' style to select a specific 'bothersome' event from their past. They were asked to run a movie, name it and give it a score. Five of the ladies indicated 7; three 8, three were at 9 and the last was at 10. Then they were asked to tap alongside Anne as we went through the procedure.)
In this instance I wanted to try a variation on what I normally would have done. I explained to Anne and the others about points of view. As you are probably aware they are called 1st, 2nd and 3rd position in NLP. I'll give a brief summary of each position in case readers are not familiar: -
First position is where we see, hear and feel the incident from our own eyes, our own point of view.
Second is where we view the incident from the other person's point of view. We literally place ourselves in their body and use and feel their words and actions etc.
Third position is where we observe the incident from a neutral perspective. We can see and hear ourselves and the other person from this point of view.
I then had Anne work from first position. We tapped on.
Even though it hurts me
Even though I'm upset at her
Even though I was angry with her
Even though I'm still angry with her
Even though I was angry with her
Even though I have this pain in my neck
Even though she hurt me
Even though I was mad at her
Even though I'm still mad
Even though I was right
Even though I still think I'm right
Even though she wouldn't listen
Even though she never listens*
Even though it was none of her business
Even though this will go on and on
Even though she always sticks her heels in*
Even though her stubbornness makes me angry*
Even though she has that tone of voice
Even though she talked down to me
Even though she won't talk about it now
Even though I can see her face
Even though she shouted at me
Even though I feel stiff in my back
Even though she ignored me
Even though she wouldn't let me explain
Even though she won't call me
Even though I'm hurting
Even though she always does this*
Even though she's done this before*
(*Obviously EFT'ers will note that Anne was shifting about with regard to previous incidents of a similar nature. But I chose to deal with them as they came up. In all we took some 25-30 minutes in this section)
When Anne felt no more 'tugs' regarding the matter I had her run a movie of the event from the second position and she was to report how her mother felt as the course of the argument went on. She was surprised at the following statements that arose and which we dealt with as they did so..
Even though she never listens
Even though I can't believe she's raising her voice at me
Even though she's stubborn as a mule
Even though I'm only trying to help her
Even though she doesn't respect me
Even though she gives me that look
Even though she's still young
Even though I won't be around to look after her
Even though I love her she still makes me mad
Even though she won't see it from my view
Even though she never gives in
Some 15-20 minutes of tapping took care of this section. Anne reported having a 'new point of view' over not only this matter but also previous ones. I asked if she wanted to revisit any of the previous ones and she reflected for a few moments (which meant in actual fact that she was revisiting some of them) before smiling and saying no.
She then took the last position. In this case she 'placed' herself between her mother and herself but in a position where she could look down on them both.
She ran this movie and came up with.
Even though this argument is stupid
Even though I look like a wally
Even though my mum looks ludicrous
Even though it is/was embarrassing - came up several times
Even though we were both to blame
Even though I should have listened
Even though I can't believe I said this/that - this came up several times
Even though I can't believe I acted this/that way - also several times.
Even though I feel guilty
Even though I showed no respect
Even though this whole thing was stupid
Approx fifteen minutes of tapping here and we were done.
I had Anne rerun the original first position movie. No negative emotional tugs anywhere. Then Anne revisited past incidents but the effect seemed to have generalised over them also as she stated that there was no 'pull' there whatsoever. She felt more 'at peace' about these past incidents with her mother.
I then had the group revisit their original issues and rate their score. Everyone had dropped by at least 5 points.
But here is the extraordinary thing.
We took a break and as is normal some people tend to check their mobile phones for messages. Anne let out a gasp. Her mother had sent a text message apologising for her actions and asking if they could get together. This had never happened before.
Now I'm not for a minute going to suggest that all that tapping, both Anne's and the groups in the various 'positions' had any surrogate affect whatsoever on Anne's mother. But it is nice to conjecture, particularly when the time the message was received corresponded to near the end of our session.
At this point I was challenged by a woman 'Julie' regarding 'my interference' in Anne's mother's world. I had no right she exclaimed. This was understandable point of view of course, considering the circumstances. Julie and her friends had suffered from men interfering in their lives, for most of their lives. And that interference led to abuse. I was no different. I had completed the first part - so I was challenged presumably before I got to the second part.
I view your tapes regularly, Gary. I think doing so equips me so much more when dealing with all manner of things, not just EFT but daily life as well. I needed rapport so I had Julie, who was a big woman, sit next to me. She was wearing a crucifix so I asked her.
'Have you ever prayed for anything in your life Julie?' Her eyes went moist and she nodded. It was not what she was expecting. "Did any of those prayers revolve around seeking peace?" Again she nodded.
Then I quoted from one of your audio tape sessions.
"This is a gift from God, Julie. I'm not the one saying it. Women just like you have said so and they found peace. I believe you can look at this as a form of prayer for bringing peace into your life. That's all we are doing here. Praying and bringing peace." The look of understanding on her face I will never forget. I then arranged for copies of the audio cassettes to be made and given to these wonderful women.
I have several points here I'd like to make if I may?
I'd like to think that practitioners on this list are viewing, reading and studying your materials on a regular basis. (I do 30 minutes. If I'm not looking to refresh on a particular case I just go with the flow and watch a tape. Often it brings the answer to a question I've been pondering.) Doing so, allows you to source quotes, ideas and all manner of things when you need them. I also believe that if you do this on a regular basis you sharpen your intuitive skills as well.
Using EFT on ourselves and our clients benefits us in many ways. But I think this following point is often overlooked. When we view and study your materials, Gary, we pick up facets of information that help us. When we review those same materials later, after having practised EFT on ourselves or our clients on a continuing basis, those same materials furnish new insights and information that we didn't receive from the first viewing.
But it's not because the material has changed - it's because we have changed. I believe that by removing our negative blocks, emotions and beliefs, EFT allows us to see and understand more clearly - in your materials and in life! EFT enhances who we are and who we are becoming. It allows us to grow and change for the better.
Using this technology is a gift from God.
FOR MORE EFT HELP ...
Explore our newest advancement, Optimal EFT™, by reading my free e-book, The Unseen Therapist™. More efficient. More powerful.