- Other Emotional Issues
- Anger Management
- Anger case--the urge to explode
- Even dropping the kids off at school provides tapping opportunities - an anger issue
- Using EFT to self-calm an intense anger tantrum
- Useful thoughts on anger by Stewart Robertson
- Football Star Uses New Acupressure Technique to Calm his Road Rage -- No Drugs Needed
- Transgender person with abusive mother relieves rage with EFT
- Getting over a gang rape--including a follow-up
- EFT alleviates horrendous self-hatred and rage
- Calming down Teddy, an emotionally disturbedboy
- EFT for anger underlying ALS
- Releasing anger at parents allowed healing of ulcerative colitis and headaches
- Suppressed anger expelled via the stomach
- EFT for self righteous anger
- Intuitional work with anger
- A First Class use of Surrogate EFT for Bill's anger and behavior issues
- EFT Transforms "hopping-mad" anger
- An unusual anger release
- Anger in a homeless shelter
- A murderous rage is calmed with EFT
- Josh: Building rapport with children--anger & behavior problems.
- EFT for anger helps both Ann and her angry husband--note the surrogate approach
- Unbearable hatred toward classmates
- Anger and Hostility are Proven to Damage Lungs; Simple Acupressure Technique Offers a Solution
- Anger case history from a client
- EFT for workplace anger
- EFT and severe mental illness--a murderous impulse
- An interesting approach to EFT and road rage
- Using EFT for on-the-spot "hopping mad" anger
- Surrogate EFT for fighting neighbors
- Brandon's Story--anger problem becomes history: (including an update at the end)
- EFT for deep seated anger
- EFT resolves long term resentment
- The EFT Cooling Tower Technique for Letting off Steam
- Anger management approach for a polarity responder
- The cause of our anger isn't always as it appears
- A client talks about her abusive childhood and her relief via EFT
- Resentments relieved 22 years after a poor birthing experience
- Stubborn anger issue falls to 0 with emphatic "say what you feel" wording.
- Road Rage and hives disappear in one session after getting to the core issue
- Press Release: Can a One-Minute Anger Management Technique Reduce Injury Risk and Chronic Illness?
- Releasing anger patterns with EFT
- A client resolves lifelong anger on her own
- Clearing anger and self loathing with EFT via introduction to inner child
- School Counselor on anger and tension,
- Getting behind a successful EFT anger case
- New Technique Helps Avoid Heart Damage by Diffusing Anger Within Marital Arguments
- The client who continually felt resentful
- Employee overcomes anger at supervisor
- Jonas uses EFT for deeper meditation - dangerous PSA reading is now only 0.4
- EFT instead of shock treatments?
- From depressed and suicidal ... to ... "I laugh all the time
- Depression on Death Row
- EFT Newcomer eliminates his own deep depression and anxiety disorder
- An intimate look at Depression
- A successful but involved depression case--"I don't want to tell you how well I'm doing"
- EFT resolves 12 years of postnatal depression
- What was REALLY causing Anne's depression?
- EFT student eases his wife's suicidal thoughts
- Louella: Depression, pesticides and low blood sugar
- Surrogate tapping and its effect on depression.
- Persistent EFT by Email on depression, anger and anxiety
- Cross dressing, sexuality and depression
- Long term severe depression gone in ten minutes
- Jaqui Crooks used EFT to overcome her Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD)
- Maggie eliminates her own depression
- A textbook depression case--a "one minute wonder" complete with belief changes
- Approaching Depression with the Tearless Trauma Technique
- After 15 years of therapy, including shock therapy, EFT helps release depression
- A case that didn't work--and some suggestions
- A first class look at using EFT for a complex case - depression, guilt, grief and abandonment
- Was it really a manic/depressive disorder?
- Depression with numerous underlying issues
- Major results for anxiety, depression and social issues from one thorough EFT session and consistent EFT "homework"
- Success with a skeptical, depressed scientist - follow up included
- Depression, low self esteem and childhood traumas
- Persistence and a challenging case - Incest, abuse, depression, anxiety attacks, nightmares and flashbacks
- A mis-diagnosed manic/depressive disorder
- Newbie uses EFT on depression, allergic reactions and more
- Hair loss and facial blemishes fade after EFT relieves important emotional issues -- Depression too!
- Adrienne, a physician
- Gary discusses depression and some new ideas
- A non-therapist does superb work on depression--including her own.
- Press Release: New Method for Depression Often Works When Nothing Else Will
- 30+ years of depression gone in 2 minutes
- EFT saves a life by rapidly resolving suicidal depression
- Depression and confusion about God
- EFT on personal depression--"I was angry at myself"
- When depression comes from a related issue
- Depression Drugs and Migraine Drugs Don't Always Do The Job
- Dr. Patricia Carrington on depression--a detailed discussion, including meds
- Depression, height phobia and claustrophobia eliminated in one session
- Depression related to guilt
- Panic And Anxiety
- Daily tapping for Panic Attacks
- Anxiety related to atrial fibrillation is calmed with EFT
- Performance anxiety and many aspects
- EFT brings relief for trauma, anxiety, and an overactive bladder, all in less than an hour
- Test anxiety
- Using EFT for Social Anxiety Disorder
- Surgeon Uses New Acupressure Technique to Lower Surgery Risk
- Overcoming Test Anxiety with New Drug-Free Technique: 80% Success Rate
- Getting to the core of "Mark's" anxiety
- EFT for overeating and panic attacks
- Performance anxiety at a music camp
- Gayla uses EFT for panic
- Travel Anxiety--using the Tell the Story Technique
- Febrile convulsions and related panic attacks subside--not one attack in the two years since she learned to use EFT
- Successful surrogate tapping for surgery anxiety
- Persistence and Panic Attacks - Quality results on a stubborn issue
- Husband relieves wife of major panic attack
- EFT newcomer rids himself of social anxiety
- Relief for another stress related cough
- Using EFT for panic when nobody is around
- New Method for Treating Anxiety Works When Conventional Treatments Fail
- Clearing social anxiety with EFT
- Two surrogate tapping cases: Dental anxiety and severe stomach ache
- Panic Attacks: Getting behind the thought process
- Current "in your face" anxiety and stress case
- EFT makes good progress with panic, agoraphobia and feeling like a failure
- Detective work crucial in relief for panic attacks
- Combining EFT with the Inner Theater approach for panic attacks
- Testing your EFT work: Feeling trapped and panic attacks
- A Quality "How To Do It" Session for Fear and Anxiety
- Diagnosed as a schizophrenic, Gregoire had anxiety, stress and insomnia
- Medical school test anxiety--from C's and D's to A's and B's
- Success story with 10 day anxiety attack
- Sports anxiety, heat sensitivity, being away from home, loneliness, fear of insects.
- 20 year old abduction anxiety calmed with EFT
- Collapsing a client's anxiety from the 9/11 disaster--with 4 year follow-up
- Anxiety and the fear of being alone
- EFT student uses tapping to immediately calm down after a major car accident
- Using EFT for a client who feels out of control.
- One EFT round with Deborah's daughter relieves performance anxiety
- Surgery anxiety and EFT
- EFT helps adult learners overcome school and math anxiety
- EFT on a case of extreme separation anxiety in a dog and the importance of Core Issues for Animals
- Study Shows Simple Drug-Free Acupressure Technique Reduces Dental Anxiety
- Detective work provides help for an anxiety disorder
- Imagination tapping on the finger points reduces stress level to zero
- Success in neutralizing unwanted memories without the client disclosing the content
- Newcomer uses EFT to collapse his own panic-attacks and writes letter to "Quackwatch"
- A detailed panic attack case
- Eric Robins, MD and Lisa Cox on surgery anxieties
- Severe anxiety client has his life back
- EFT Newbie resolves her own major trip anxiety
- Panic attacks and heart palpitations subside after doing EFT on dreams
- Anxiety, eating and more
- Courtroom anxiety AND anxiety about calling employers
- One EFT phone session resolves driving test anxiety -- and the benefits expand
- Panic attacks and fear of darkness
- Addressing Generalized Anxiety Disorder by aiming EFT at specific events
- Non-therapist relieves stress in the form of a temper tantrum
- EFT for panic attacks
- Who Would Have Thought That Acupressure Could Relieve Social Anxiety Better Than Drugs or Therapy?
- Daddy left me. Will my new boyfriend leave me too?
- OCD (Obsessive Compulsive Disorder)
- Fresh grief and a double benefit.
- Grief changes to smiles
- EFT may be a great relief to grief-stricken nurses who lose patients
- A grief case with many aspects
- Uncontrollable grief resolved with EFT
- Attorney helps client by using EFT for long term unresolved grief
- Relieving grief over the death of Higgins the dog
- When certain music triggers grief and sadness
- Freedom from grief in only 15 minutes
- Using EFT for Bereavement
- EFT turns grief into beauty
- EFT eliminates unnecessary grief emotions and softens the grieving process - includes 2 month follow up
- EFT brings healing to a whole family while one woman heals her grief
- Community relief from grief with EFT
- This new Widow was helped in many ways by EFT
- EFT for grief and pet loss
- Getting to important emotions by doing EFT while looking in the mirror
- Tapping through grief leads to incredible insight and relief
- EFT for pain and grief for a birth mother who wasn't allowed to see her child -- a touching story with a happy ending
- An easy grief case with an aspect that showed up later
- Imaginary tapping sends grief away
- EFT setup statements for grief
- Taking relationships work to a new level--The Odd Couple
- EFT and meditation for a broken heart
- EFT for love pain
- Shared tapping provides benefits for relationship issues
- EFT Instead of the psych ward after a relationship breaks up
- EFT by telephone smoothes out a tense family reunion
- Insights into picking up another person
- EFT heals a broken heart in rapid time
- Using EFT to improve a relationship
- EFT, One Minute Wonders and Opening to Love
- Using EFT for relationship issues--a detailed case
- Tapping on relationship issues
- Interesting way to use EFT & Tappy Bear for a broken heart
- Relationships, EFT and Spirituality
- Improve relationships by Tapping in the Positive
- Addressing relationship and family issues by tapping on photographs
- Tapping into a state of Love
- EFT resolves a 10 year heartbreak
- "I didn't like kissing my wife after she drank coffee."
- Jack improves his relationship with his grandson using surrogate EFT
- Using EFT to prepare for a difficult encounter
- How clearing an intense cough led to improved family relationships--an EFT two-for-one EFT benefit
- MD introduces an innovative idea that brings relief for stubborn relationship issue
- Finding the love you want by healing the inner child
- Relationship Issue: "My husband was being a jerk"
- Relationship issue: A humorous approach
- What holds you back from your lover?
- EFT is instrumental in bringing a couple back together
- Relationships - on "Being Right"
- Instant relationship fix?
- Love, Intuition, Patience and EFT help a schizophrenic 15 year old.
- EFT for Couples
- Combining role playing with EFT for relationships and other issues
- Using EFT for a Broken Heart
- The Healing Power of Forgiveness
- Using EFT on "blocking thoughts" to good relationships
- Surrogate EFT heals a broken heart for a 16 year old boy
- Retired Stanford professor fixes his wife's computer with EFT
- Relationship success after finding core issue
- EFT to heal family relationships
- Writing a letter
- Reframes (seeing things differently) for guilt, shame and sorrow
- Restless leg syndrome linked to guilt - 20 years of restlessness gone in 2 sessions
- How to reduce guilt via an EFT "Tapping Circle" -- keeping privacy for everyone
- The Rolling EFT process
- The "Tapping the System" Technique
- Using EFT for unnecessary guilt - Did EFT get someone's husband to cook dinner?
- How Guilt and Shame Block the Law of Attraction
- Stubborn guilt finally subsides after doing a search on our website and DVDs for ideas
- EFT and infertility
- A bout of cystitis turns out to be a bout of guilt
- Psychotherapy Dramatically Improved By New 'Acupuncture Without Needles' Technique
- New Acupressure Discovery Reduces Stress 4 Ways: 80% Success Rate
- Many Stressed Women Abandon Healthy Lifestyle Habits: Simple Acupressure Technique Offers a Solution
- To Physicians: New Discoveries in Acupressure Promise Everything From Alertness to Pain and Stress Management
- A new do-it-yourself approach to acupressure alleviates stress and, in turn neutralizes cold, flu an
- Eating Disorders
- Joe resolves his Anorexia...and more
- Love, diligence and an eating disorder
- Michal describes what it is like to be free from an eating disorder
- Two Year Bulimia Problem Gets Major Assist in One Hour
- A Bulimia "one session wonder"
- Bulimia in Brazil
- "Acceptance Tapping" - A powerful EFT treatment variation for severe compulsive disorders and bulimia.
- Anger Management
Table of Contents Help
The tabs on the right are shortcuts to where you have been:
- Previous Screen
- Previous Articles
- Previous Categories
- Start Page
- Hide Entire Menu
Swiping to the left will take you to the previous screen.
The folder icon indicates that more content is available. Click on the icon or the associated text, or swipe to the right to see the additional content.
Other Emotional Issues
Bulimia in Brazil
Note: This is one of 3,000 articles written prior to the updated Gold Standard (Official) EFT Tapping Tutorial™. As a result, it is likely outdated. It provides practical uses for EFT Tapping but you should also explore our newest advancement, Optimal EFT, by reading our free e-book, The Unseen Therapist™, and/or get help from a Certified EFT Practitioner.
Including two follow-ups at the end
Those of you who have been on this list for awhile will recall Sonia Novinsky, the Brazilian therapist who has contributed so elegantly to our understanding of how best to deliver these procedures.
Sonia blends her skill & caring with EFT to achieve some enviable results, not the least of which is a recent success regarding bulimia. She gives us the details in her message below.
But first, some comments from beneath my minister's hat. It has long been my view that bulimia is NOT a problem in and of itself. Neither are addictions, cancer and a long list of other ailments/behaviors. Rather, these are often SYMPTOMS which are contributed to by unresolved anger, guilt, fear, etc. These unresolved emotions cause conflicts (lack of peace) within the system and are thus the true causes of many of our problems. Until they are properly resolved, we may just flit from symptom to symptom with the illusion that healing is taking place.
We do the best we can given our existing beliefs, attitudes and other resources. But now we have a new understanding about what healing is about. Our new energy based techniques are SHOUTING at us to re-evaluate our previous procedures. With their use, such things as headaches, stomach distress, depression, orthopedic problems and lactose intolerance have gone completely away without pills or surgeries. Further, even the most intense of emotional issues have often subsided without a trace of their return.
Some of these results happen so rapidly that we call them "one minute wonders." Other ailments, like bulimia, have so many intertwined emotional causes that it takes time, skill and persistence to unravel it all. Until now, bulimia and other forms of eating disorders, have rarely been cured. Rather, they have been treated by a variety of means in hopes they would "get better." By contrast, Sonia Novinsky spends her time using EFT (plus affirmations) to go straight for the emotional causes--and in her bulimia case there are many of them, as you will see. The result? A complete cessation of the symptoms. What else would you expect when you have eradicated the causes?
You will note in Sonia's message that English is not her first language. Further, she had to write in a hurried state (between appointments). Nonetheless, her conviction, caring and skill come across quite clearly. I called her this morning in Brazil to learn that she has had at least 5 other compulsive eating disorder clients. Since using EFT and other energy therapies she has been successful (no recurring symptoms) with all of them. How many eating disorder specialists can say that? Hopefully, Sonia's message will find its way into eating disorder clinics around the world and initiate healing at new levels.
Don't you just love it when one voice from a far away land can bring healing to many?
I will share with you as much as my English allows me...
Shelly is my bulimic client , Personal trainer, 34 years old, married, one child.
I worked with her for 3 months, once a week ( June - September 1999). Since then she came till January once a month, only for checking, but the symptoms didn't came back.
Symptoms started in the early twenties (24, when she got married). From menstruation phase (11 years old) till 24 wasn't allowed to date, go out, take a shower, dress herself beautiful etc. All day in the bedroom, crying most of the time: feeling shame of being fat. Almost no rememberings of these years. Very severe depression after delivery of her child.
When she arrived she was taking Reductil, Prozac and Triptanol. When she left she was free from these drugs.
Symptoms: she ate compulsively, till no place was left in the stomach (mainly in the evening). Then vomited or runned like 10 -30 km for sweating all calories.
Then started eating again. Obsessive for losing weight. Not fat at all. Three lipoaspiration in the belly and in the buttocks. Besides, compulsive shopping, till bankrupt.
I worked with EFT + Affirmations.
Main issues I worked:
1. Her mother is very sick since adolescence: a very rare kind of leprosy, no cure available. Very disagreeable spots in the skin. Shelly never felt permission to develop her own femininity. Guilty of being beautiful.
2. Grandmother living in the same house, taking care of Shelly's mother and the children. A very authoritarian person, violent, seducer and intrusive (including in sexual issues) -- feelings of hate and guilt.
(Grandmother used to say that Shelly and his brother were responsible for spots in mother's body). Shelly yelled: you are not my mother! (guilty all the time, she wore only male clothes).
3. Her father, (a compulsive eater, maybe bulimic also, she thinks) felt in a trap, he didn't know the mother was with this terrible leprosy before marriage. Violent conflicts at home, all the time. She feels her father at the same time look at her in a sensual way, and with contempt.
Once she put her hand on his shoulder and he screamed: "I am not your boyfriend." Very ambivalent situation.
Feelings: shame and guilty. And a lot of passion and rage.
When she feel better, skinnier, beautiful, and her father say a compliment, (like : You look beautiful, today!). Immediately this triggered a deep tension and the compulsion to eat and throw up the food). And she start fatting again. Feeling that food is in a bad place in the body and has to be thrown away in some way (vomiting or aerobic activity). Feelings: Fear of being beautiful, fear of not being able to put limits, fear of becoming a whore.
4. Marriage issues: limits issues with his husband and his family.
1. more comfortable when visiting her mother and father. No tension felt anymore. .
2. no compulsion at all (SUDS =0) for buying and eating. No need to eliminate food from the body or to fast ( she used before to fast somedays for eliminate food).
3. Start using more female clothes. Shame and guilt =0
4. She now can look in the mirror and love herself. Rage=0
5. She is now putting limits: and is discriminating more herself from her husband and his family ( very intrusive). Being able to say: I don't want you here today, for ex.
6. More healthy relationship with job and career--> more stable clients.
Hope you understand, I can't review the English, have to work. Excuse my faults, please.
First follow up on Bulimia in Brazil
Here's a follow up from Sonia Novinsky regarding her recent post entitled "Bulimia in Brazil." Please recall that Sonia's persistent use of EFT, combined with quality detective work, gave her client, "Shelly," complete freedom from bulimia--at least from September through January (the last time Sonia saw her). As a checkup, Shelly recently came in again to see Sonia (it is now June) and, as you will see, her bulimia and many of the underlying issues (such as a shopping compulsion) are still history.
Also recall that Sonia has at least 5 other eating disorder clients whose symptoms have vanished. In fact, since learning these energy procedures she has had no failures with these otherwise difficult-to-move clients. Let me hasten to add that none of these clients were pushovers. Not a single "one minute wonder" among them. They all required diligent, skillful and caring application of these procedures. However, the message here is that even issues with intense and multi-faceted underlying aspects become clear candidates for tapping. Despite the loving intentions of all the non-tapping eating disorder clinics in the world, success rates like Sonia's are very hard to find.
Sonia's update is not all peaches and cream, however. While Shelly still has no trace of her bulimic reaction, she has developed other eating/weight responses to recent events in her life. This should come as no surprise, especially given Shelly's difficult childhood. While Shelly has freedom on some things there are now new issues that are begging for attention.
Here's Sonia's message. Her English, while not perfect, carries within it abundant evidence of her skill and caring.
Shelly came today.
Shopping compulsion: never more
Bulimic reactions: never more.
job as personal trainer: 7 clients per day (earning money)
But something happened with eating compulsion.
After our last session I called asking for authorization of telling her story to a magazine that invited me for an interview. She agreed immediately but this phone call triggered a very anxious feeling/belief:
"I can't deal with a success. I can't sustain a success, I prefer leave forever, there is no durable success for me."
After this she never tapped again, and never called me back again. She just forgot me. (it's a pattern: when she has a success with someone, and she gave examples, and has some public recognition she leaves immediately and cut off the person, it succeed with a karate classes, etc); I didn't catch this problem the first time around ( I accept myself...).
Then she was involved in a big stress in February: husband bankrupt, and teeth problem (being obliged to put a fix "equipment" in her mouth). She felt that her eating compulsion could come back and so she looked for another treatment: homotoxology (works with homotoxins, thymus gland, do you know this?).
GC COMMENT: No, I don't know anything about homotoxology. But this is a classic example of the Apex problem wherein tapping gives her major relief from her disorder but she chooses something else next time.
SONIA CONTINUES: When this last event occurred, she gained 3 kg (she was constant at 62 since our treatment). Feels some compulsion but not bulimic reaction.
Now she is working very hard and has no time to big compulsion!
I notice now a dissociation: a part of her wants to be 58-60 kg .
Another part still can't sustain victory, success. Can't have a fruition of a such success. When we worked (last year) she had an image: an Indian woman, very beautiful, being punished because she betrayed someone.
She remembered this image today. Ugliness, Punishment, failure, OH! Its easy to deal with these situation... (says the other one). And says also: these energy methods are too simple to treat a so complicated problem like mine.
GC COMMENT: Again, the Apex problem.
SONIA CONTINUES: Conclusion:
1. We will start another piece of treatment. She will pay me only if she maintains 58 kg for a while.
2. Core issues remained untreated, and a critical one that allows her to sabotage our connection and EFT. (mea culpa... I accept...).
3. However, the bulk of our previous work is fine: she never throwed up food anymore, never went to a mall to buy things by impulse, she is very responsible in money issues, earning and sustaining her house practically alone now.
Hope you understand my English.
I learnt a lot with that difficult client, and I promise to tell you more about it as soon as I have results. I am adding some MT [muscle testing] so I will be able to know better if issues are cleared up.
Second followup on Bulimia in Brazil
I think my work with Shelly just finished today.
She is feeling great. I will see her next week for the last time, only for safeness (this word exists?)
Today she told me some important feelings she had last week that gives evidence she is ok:
1. She is dressing herself in a feminine way almost everyday. Previously she wore men's clothes because of her shame.
2. Someone said: "How thin you are!" And she liked this and did not feel the urge to eat compulsively after that.
3. Her mother said: "The way your are using your hair is like whores use it!" And she smiled and translated for herself: "I am beautiful, my hair is beautiful, and doesn't feel ashamed and guilty."
4. She is in a wonderful moment with her husband. And when they were doing sex and he passed his hands over her body, she felt: I feel like I have 57 kilos. (appreciation for her weight--something really new for her).
5. Just before menstruation she felt dopamine high and serotonin low and she eat a piece of chocolate and could stop immediately.
6. In the week end (when she used to eat a lot), she now talks to herself as follows, "I want to have the pleasure of being skinny so I will not have now the pleasure of eating a lot now, I can postpone my pleasure." And she is playing with this new possibility in her life, to postpone pleasure sometimes. For example, she postponed the pleasure of reading a magazine she wanted to read alone in a peaceful moment and not in the moment she bought it, and so on.
7. She was alone Saturday night (a good moment for the compulsion) and she didn't feel an emptiness inside, she called some friends, she drank a juice, she watched a soap opera and fell asleep.
We will see what tomorrow brings...
FOR MORE EFT HELP ...
Explore our newest advancement, Optimal EFT™, by reading our free e-book, The Unseen Therapist™.