- Other Emotional Issues
- Anger Management
- School Counselor on anger and tension,
- Getting behind a successful EFT anger case
- New Technique Helps Avoid Heart Damage by Diffusing Anger Within Marital Arguments
- The client who continually felt resentful
- Employee overcomes anger at supervisor
- Jonas uses EFT for deeper meditation - dangerous PSA reading is now only 0.4
- Using EFT to self-calm an intense anger tantrum
- Useful thoughts on anger by Stewart Robertson
- Football Star Uses New Acupressure Technique to Calm his Road Rage -- No Drugs Needed
- Transgender person with abusive mother relieves rage with EFT
- Anger case--the urge to explode
- Even dropping the kids off at school provides tapping opportunities - an anger issue
- Calming down Teddy, an emotionally disturbedboy
- EFT for anger underlying ALS
- Releasing anger at parents allowed healing of ulcerative colitis and headaches
- Suppressed anger expelled via the stomach
- EFT for self righteous anger
- Getting over a gang rape--including a follow-up
- EFT alleviates horrendous self-hatred and rage
- EFT Transforms "hopping-mad" anger
- An unusual anger release
- Anger in a homeless shelter
- A murderous rage is calmed with EFT
- Intuitional work with anger
- A First Class use of Surrogate EFT for Bill's anger and behavior issues
- EFT for anger helps both Ann and her angry husband--note the surrogate approach
- Unbearable hatred toward classmates
- Anger and Hostility are Proven to Damage Lungs; Simple Acupressure Technique Offers a Solution
- Anger case history from a client
- EFT for workplace anger
- Josh: Building rapport with children--anger & behavior problems.
- EFT and severe mental illness--a murderous impulse
- An interesting approach to EFT and road rage
- Using EFT for on-the-spot "hopping mad" anger
- Surrogate EFT for fighting neighbors
- Brandon's Story--anger problem becomes history: (including an update at the end)
- EFT for deep seated anger
- EFT resolves long term resentment
- The EFT Cooling Tower Technique for Letting off Steam
- Anger management approach for a polarity responder
- The cause of our anger isn't always as it appears
- A client talks about her abusive childhood and her relief via EFT
- Resentments relieved 22 years after a poor birthing experience
- Stubborn anger issue falls to 0 with emphatic "say what you feel" wording.
- Road Rage and hives disappear in one session after getting to the core issue
- Press Release: Can a One-Minute Anger Management Technique Reduce Injury Risk and Chronic Illness?
- Releasing anger patterns with EFT
- A client resolves lifelong anger on her own
- Clearing anger and self loathing with EFT via introduction to inner child
- Depression Drugs and Migraine Drugs Don't Always Do The Job
- Dr. Patricia Carrington on depression--a detailed discussion, including meds
- Depression, height phobia and claustrophobia eliminated in one session
- Depression related to guilt
- When depression comes from a related issue
- From depressed and suicidal ... to ... "I laugh all the time
- Depression on Death Row
- EFT Newcomer eliminates his own deep depression and anxiety disorder
- An intimate look at Depression
- EFT instead of shock treatments?
- EFT resolves 12 years of postnatal depression
- What was REALLY causing Anne's depression?
- EFT student eases his wife's suicidal thoughts
- Louella: Depression, pesticides and low blood sugar
- A successful but involved depression case--"I don't want to tell you how well I'm doing"
- Persistent EFT by Email on depression, anger and anxiety
- Cross dressing, sexuality and depression
- Long term severe depression gone in ten minutes
- Jaqui Crooks used EFT to overcome her Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD)
- Maggie eliminates her own depression
- Surrogate tapping and its effect on depression.
- A textbook depression case--a "one minute wonder" complete with belief changes
- Approaching Depression with the Tearless Trauma Technique
- After 15 years of therapy, including shock therapy, EFT helps release depression
- A case that didn't work--and some suggestions
- A first class look at using EFT for a complex case - depression, guilt, grief and abandonment
- Was it really a manic/depressive disorder?
- Depression with numerous underlying issues
- Major results for anxiety, depression and social issues from one thorough EFT session and consistent EFT "homework"
- Success with a skeptical, depressed scientist - follow up included
- Depression, low self esteem and childhood traumas
- Persistence and a challenging case - Incest, abuse, depression, anxiety attacks, nightmares and flashbacks
- A mis-diagnosed manic/depressive disorder
- Newbie uses EFT on depression, allergic reactions and more
- Hair loss and facial blemishes fade after EFT relieves important emotional issues -- Depression too!
- Adrienne, a physician
- Gary discusses depression and some new ideas
- A non-therapist does superb work on depression--including her own.
- Press Release: New Method for Depression Often Works When Nothing Else Will
- 30+ years of depression gone in 2 minutes
- EFT saves a life by rapidly resolving suicidal depression
- Depression and confusion about God
- EFT on personal depression--"I was angry at myself"
- Panic And Anxiety
- Panic attacks and fear of darkness
- Addressing Generalized Anxiety Disorder by aiming EFT at specific events
- Non-therapist relieves stress in the form of a temper tantrum
- EFT for panic attacks
- Who Would Have Thought That Acupressure Could Relieve Social Anxiety Better Than Drugs or Therapy?
- Daddy left me. Will my new boyfriend leave me too?
- Courtroom anxiety AND anxiety about calling employers
- One EFT phone session resolves driving test anxiety -- and the benefits expand
- Performance anxiety and many aspects
- EFT brings relief for trauma, anxiety, and an overactive bladder, all in less than an hour
- Test anxiety
- Using EFT for Social Anxiety Disorder
- Surgeon Uses New Acupressure Technique to Lower Surgery Risk
- Overcoming Test Anxiety with New Drug-Free Technique: 80% Success Rate
- Daily tapping for Panic Attacks
- Anxiety related to atrial fibrillation is calmed with EFT
- Performance anxiety at a music camp
- Gayla uses EFT for panic
- Travel Anxiety--using the Tell the Story Technique
- Febrile convulsions and related panic attacks subside--not one attack in the two years since she learned to use EFT
- Successful surrogate tapping for surgery anxiety
- Persistence and Panic Attacks - Quality results on a stubborn issue
- Getting to the core of "Mark's" anxiety
- EFT for overeating and panic attacks
- Husband relieves wife of major panic attack
- EFT newcomer rids himself of social anxiety
- Relief for another stress related cough
- Using EFT for panic when nobody is around
- New Method for Treating Anxiety Works When Conventional Treatments Fail
- Clearing social anxiety with EFT
- Two surrogate tapping cases: Dental anxiety and severe stomach ache
- Panic Attacks: Getting behind the thought process
- Current "in your face" anxiety and stress case
- EFT makes good progress with panic, agoraphobia and feeling like a failure
- Detective work crucial in relief for panic attacks
- Combining EFT with the Inner Theater approach for panic attacks
- Testing your EFT work: Feeling trapped and panic attacks
- A Quality "How To Do It" Session for Fear and Anxiety
- Diagnosed as a schizophrenic, Gregoire had anxiety, stress and insomnia
- Medical school test anxiety--from C's and D's to A's and B's
- Success story with 10 day anxiety attack
- Sports anxiety, heat sensitivity, being away from home, loneliness, fear of insects.
- 20 year old abduction anxiety calmed with EFT
- Collapsing a client's anxiety from the 9/11 disaster--with 4 year follow-up
- Anxiety and the fear of being alone
- EFT student uses tapping to immediately calm down after a major car accident
- Using EFT for a client who feels out of control.
- One EFT round with Deborah's daughter relieves performance anxiety
- Surgery anxiety and EFT
- EFT helps adult learners overcome school and math anxiety
- EFT on a case of extreme separation anxiety in a dog and the importance of Core Issues for Animals
- Study Shows Simple Drug-Free Acupressure Technique Reduces Dental Anxiety
- Detective work provides help for an anxiety disorder
- Imagination tapping on the finger points reduces stress level to zero
- Newcomer uses EFT to collapse his own panic-attacks and writes letter to "Quackwatch"
- A detailed panic attack case
- Eric Robins, MD and Lisa Cox on surgery anxieties
- Severe anxiety client has his life back
- EFT Newbie resolves her own major trip anxiety
- Panic attacks and heart palpitations subside after doing EFT on dreams
- Anxiety, eating and more
- Success in neutralizing unwanted memories without the client disclosing the content
- OCD (Obsessive Compulsive Disorder)
- Imaginary tapping sends grief away
- EFT setup statements for grief
- An easy grief case with an aspect that showed up later
- Grief changes to smiles
- EFT may be a great relief to grief-stricken nurses who lose patients
- Fresh grief and a double benefit.
- A grief case with many aspects
- Uncontrollable grief resolved with EFT
- Attorney helps client by using EFT for long term unresolved grief
- Relieving grief over the death of Higgins the dog
- When certain music triggers grief and sadness
- Freedom from grief in only 15 minutes
- Using EFT for Bereavement
- EFT turns grief into beauty
- EFT eliminates unnecessary grief emotions and softens the grieving process - includes 2 month follow up
- EFT brings healing to a whole family while one woman heals her grief
- Community relief from grief with EFT
- This new Widow was helped in many ways by EFT
- EFT for grief and pet loss
- Tapping through grief leads to incredible insight and relief
- EFT for pain and grief for a birth mother who wasn't allowed to see her child -- a touching story with a happy ending
- Getting to important emotions by doing EFT while looking in the mirror
- Surrogate EFT heals a broken heart for a 16 year old boy
- Retired Stanford professor fixes his wife's computer with EFT
- Relationship success after finding core issue
- EFT to heal family relationships
- Using EFT on "blocking thoughts" to good relationships
- EFT and meditation for a broken heart
- EFT for love pain
- Shared tapping provides benefits for relationship issues
- EFT Instead of the psych ward after a relationship breaks up
- Taking relationships work to a new level--The Odd Couple
- EFT by telephone smoothes out a tense family reunion
- Insights into picking up another person
- EFT heals a broken heart in rapid time
- Using EFT to improve a relationship
- EFT, One Minute Wonders and Opening to Love
- Using EFT for relationship issues--a detailed case
- Tapping on relationship issues
- Interesting way to use EFT & Tappy Bear for a broken heart
- Relationships, EFT and Spirituality
- Improve relationships by Tapping in the Positive
- Addressing relationship and family issues by tapping on photographs
- Tapping into a state of Love
- EFT resolves a 10 year heartbreak
- "I didn't like kissing my wife after she drank coffee."
- Jack improves his relationship with his grandson using surrogate EFT
- Using EFT to prepare for a difficult encounter
- How clearing an intense cough led to improved family relationships--an EFT two-for-one EFT benefit
- MD introduces an innovative idea that brings relief for stubborn relationship issue
- Finding the love you want by healing the inner child
- Relationship Issue: "My husband was being a jerk"
- What holds you back from your lover?
- EFT is instrumental in bringing a couple back together
- Relationships - on "Being Right"
- Instant relationship fix?
- Relationship issue: A humorous approach
- EFT for Couples
- Combining role playing with EFT for relationships and other issues
- Using EFT for a Broken Heart
- The Healing Power of Forgiveness
- Love, Intuition, Patience and EFT help a schizophrenic 15 year old.
- A bout of cystitis turns out to be a bout of guilt
- Writing a letter
- Reframes (seeing things differently) for guilt, shame and sorrow
- Restless leg syndrome linked to guilt - 20 years of restlessness gone in 2 sessions
- How to reduce guilt via an EFT "Tapping Circle" -- keeping privacy for everyone
- The Rolling EFT process
- The "Tapping the System" Technique
- How Guilt and Shame Block the Law of Attraction
- Using EFT for unnecessary guilt - Did EFT get someone's husband to cook dinner?
- EFT and infertility
- Stubborn guilt finally subsides after doing a search on our website and DVDs for ideas
- A new do-it-yourself approach to acupressure alleviates stress and, in turn neutralizes cold, flu an
- Psychotherapy Dramatically Improved By New 'Acupuncture Without Needles' Technique
- New Acupressure Discovery Reduces Stress 4 Ways: 80% Success Rate
- Many Stressed Women Abandon Healthy Lifestyle Habits: Simple Acupressure Technique Offers a Solution
- To Physicians: New Discoveries in Acupressure Promise Everything From Alertness to Pain and Stress Management
- Eating Disorders
- "Acceptance Tapping" - A powerful EFT treatment variation for severe compulsive disorders and bulimia.
- Joe resolves his Anorexia...and more
- Love, diligence and an eating disorder
- Michal describes what it is like to be free from an eating disorder
- Two Year Bulimia Problem Gets Major Assist in One Hour
- A Bulimia "one session wonder"
- Bulimia in Brazil
- Anger Management
Table of Contents Help
The tabs on the right are shortcuts to where you have been:
- Previous Screen
- Previous Articles
- Previous Categories
- Start Page
- Hide Entire Menu
Swiping to the left will take you to the previous screen.
The folder icon indicates that more content is available. Click on the icon or the associated text, or swipe to the right to see the additional content.
Other Emotional Issues
Panic And Anxiety
Diagnosed as a schizophrenic, Gregoire had anxiety, stress and insomnia
Note: This is one of 3,000 articles written prior to the updated Gold Standard (Official) EFT Tapping Tutorial™. As a result, it is likely outdated. It provides practical uses for EFT Tapping but you should also explore our newest advancement, Optimal EFT, by reading our free e-book, The Unseen Therapist™, and/or get help from a Certified EFT Practitioner.
Abraham Bruck takes us through three sessions wherein he makes impressive progress with a challenging client. At the end he says, "The insomnia was no longer an issue; “I tap at night and fall right asleep”. The hate and negative vibrations were no longer an issue; “I experienced some phenomena while consciously/spiritually radiating love around me… suddenly I felt as if my thoughts and the space around me 'cleared up'. It's hard to describe but it felt like I was in a new zone, I felt a sort of unfamiliar though protective energy around me...” Please consult physicians on all medical issues.
Gregoire is a 27 year old single student who lives with his mother with whom he has “no real verbal relationship”.
His parents are originally from the Caribbean. He has the “rare communication” with his father. By his own admission he is “a lot like him; shy, reserved and non-verbal”.
Gregoire was diagnosed as schizophrenic, has been on and off medications and in and out of hospitals for most of the past 5-6 years. Hence he is just starting college at 27.
He “hears voices”, he’s “OK, one on one”, “shuts down in a group” and then “gets depressed about bad interaction”.
He stopped his meds at the end of June (two months before our first session), and is starting to feel the effects.
He complained of nausea: “like I want to throw up after an upset or stress”, “tension around my face coming in at me – pressure – like everyone is looking at me”.
At this point, I thought I had enough to go on, so I explained the Table Top metaphor and asked for a specific incident, the Table Top being Anxiety and Stress.
The incident happened in 6th grade. There was a camera crew in the class. The topic under discussion was relationships. Everyone had a turn in front of the camera. By the time the “camera and spotlight focused in on me, the pressure had built up so much that I went blind”. The 0-10 intensity was a 9-10, the incident took maybe one minute.
We tapped on “Even though I have an emotional charge of 9 or 10 on the spotlight incident, I deeply and completely love and accept myself”.
We tapped 2-3 rounds of that and the intensity went down to a 6-7. When asked how he knew that, where in his body he felt it, he said that there was a tightness in his stomach. We tapped another few rounds of “Even though I still have this 6-7 tightness in my stomach, I deeply and completely love and accept myself”, and it went down to a 0.
The next incident took place on a train with his mother when he was 4-5 years old. He was upset and making a lot of noise. His mother said “Look, everyone is looking at you!”: “I turned around and looked, and sure enough, a lot of faces were looking at me”.
And although that did not have much of an emotional charge during the session (to his surprise), a recent incident did pop up, which did have an inensity of 8: As he was walking down the street a couple of days before the session, he walked by 2 people. He felt that they were looking at him and talking about him, and then another person in front of him turned around and looked at him as well. He felt it as a “heavy weight” mainly around his face.
We tapped on “Even though I feel this heavy weight when people are staring at me, I choose to feel calm relaxed and comfortable.” We tapped on the negative, positive and alternating (Patricia Carrington style). One sequence got it down to a 4 and the next to a 0.
Then he said that “the person in front of me is still looking at me and shaking his head”: new aspect of “shaking his head”: intensity went up to a 4 again. Did a couple of rounds of “Even though he was shaking his head …” and it went down to a 0.
We went on to the most recent incident with a high charge: In July he was taking a course. One day the professor was late and a few students were hanging out in the waiting room: “I was about to walk in and I noticed them sitting there, so I sat down some distance away; they were talking, sitting, I started to worry, I was just looking, saying to myself, “look away if you’re not going to say anything”. Passing glances at the people, I got dizzy following the conversation; I stopped looking and went into my protective shell; zoned out”.
Then one of the girls turned and said “Why are you sitting all the way over there?”, “I smiled, nodded and turned away, I had this numb feeling in my head”: an intensity of 6.
“Even though I have this 6 numbness in my head about the waiting room incident, I choose to feel calm, relaxed and confident.”
The numbness went to a 0 and turned to a sadness of 5.
Time was running out; we got the sadness down to a 4 and I said that I would email some homework to him so he could practice tapping and get the sadness down to a 0.
At the very end he said that he also has terrible trouble getting to sleep. I told him that I would email some tapping instructions for that also.
I sent him 3 sheets of tapping instructions in my standard Homework Format:
1) “Even though I still have some of this sadness about the waiting room incident, I deeply and completely love and accept myself.”
2) “Even though I have this anxiety when I am in public, I choose to feel calm, relaxed and confident.”
3) “Even though I have trouble getting to sleep, I choose to surprise myself at how quickly and easily I CAN get to sleep.”
Gregoire came in to the next session, much more relaxed.
By the way, I forgot to mention it, but Gregoire had gone to the emofree.com site and downloaded the free EFT manual and had learnt to tap before he even called me. He found me in the EFT Practitioners List on the site.
So I asked him how the homework had gone: he said that the sleep issue was going really well; instead of getting to sleep at 3:30 or 4:00am with great difficulty, he was getting to sleep at 1:30 easily. So, as far as he was concerned, the insomnia was under control and getting even better.
I tested the “waiting room” incident and then the sadness from the previous sesson, both of which were not longer issues: intensity level: 0, for both.
But he now said that he feels that “people hate me and are sending negative vibrations towards me”. Another Leg of the Anxiety/Stress Table Top. So, I asked him how he knew this. And he said “From their facial expressions”, and then he went on to say “I’m pulling in the negative energy from them”.
So I wrote down “Even though I feel people hate me and are sending negative vibrations towards me …”, and he kept right on talking, quite unlike the first session when I need to really pull everything out of him.
He recalled an incident that still bothered him a lot: Recently in school one of the girls commented to him, not in a mean way, perhaps even as a complement. Gregoire, himself had mentioned that he was noticing that he was walking with more confidence, his posture was better. So the girl said to him: “You can walk but you still can’t talk.” He wants to be able to talk. Even so, the intensity level was low a 2-3.
He then went on about the insomnia: even though there was significant progress as mentioned earlier, he said that there now seems to be a new obstacle: “The night pictures get stuck”; he explained that every time he tries to go to sleep a picture pops into his head and it takes all his attention and he can’t fall asleep for quite a while.
I asked him to close his eyes and get a picture; he got one. Then I told him to pretend that it was made of glass and shatter it; he did. We repeated that a few times and then I asked him to get a picture and to hold it without shattering: he couldn’t. I told him that he now has a tool that will work on unwanted images. He was OK, with that.
We went back to the negative vibrations: I asked him how he knew that people were directing hateful and negative vibrations toward him: I said most people just walk around, preoccupied with their own thoughts and feeling, etc. and most, if not all of them, don’t even know or care if he exists. He admitted that that was true. I said, “But that is logical, emotionally you feel the hate and negativity. I told him that, in his own words, he said that he was “pulling it in”; he was a Negative Vibration Magnet, a Hateful Thoughts Magnet. I told him that all around us there were radio and television and cell phone waves, but we don’t see or hear them. Why not? Because we’re not “tuned in” to the right frequencies. I told him that all around us there were also all manner of negative and hateful (and worse) thought vibrations, being sent out from all over the world.
I said “Try this: Close your eyes and feel love I your heart; radiate that love out … radiate out farther and farther … more and more powerful feelings of Love …”. And I just let him sit there for a few minutes.
I brought him back and told him that he should practice that several times a day. “As long as you are radiating out Love, you cannot be pulling in hate and negativity, real or imagined. As you were radiating Love, did you feel any hate or negativity?” He did not. I told him that the Love Radiation will create a protective shield and that no negativity could penetrate it.
He was very happy with that.
His homework was:
”Even though I’m pulling in / attracting negativity and hate like a magnet, I choose to replace that by radiating / shining Love outward (like the sun radiates / shines light)”
And just like nothing can touch the sun, as long as it is radiating light, in the same way, no negativity or hate (imagined or real) can reach you as long as you are radiating LOVE :-)
Session three was a phone session. The insomnia was no longer an issue; “I tap at night and fall right asleep”. The hate and negative vibrations were no longer an issue; “I experienced some phenomena while consciously/spiritually radiating love around me… suddenly I felt as if my thoughts and the space around me 'cleared up'. It's hard to describe but it felt like I was in a new zone, I felt a sort of unfamiliar though protective energy around me...”
He wanted to be able to talk freely. He related 3-4 specific incidences that happened that week where he felt that his communication was lacking.
We worked out 3 tapping statements; he was to tap 3 rounds 3 times a day, whether he felt that he needed it or not: once upon waking in the morning, once before or after lunch and once before going to sleep at night. I told him to pick one and use it until the SUDs level went down to a least a 1, preferably 0, and then go on to the next, etc…
Step #1… Say 3 Times, Tap Continuously on the Karate Chop Point:
“Even though I find it hard to talk to other people and I don’t know what’s actually stopping me, I choose to DEEPLY and COMPLETELY love and accept myself. And I forgive myself and anyone else who I may have blamed for this. ”
Step #2... One Round of Reminder Phrase: I find it hard to talk to other people and I don’t know what’s actually stopping me …
Step #3... One Round of Choice Phrase: I DEEPLY and COMPLETELY love and accept myself …
Step #4... One Round Alternating Reminder and Choice Phrases
Step #1… Say 3 Times, Tap Continuously on the Karate Chop Point:
“Even though I have a hard time understanding what people are saying to me,
I choose to feel calm, relaxed and confident. And I can say something like > Woah, slow down, I can’t keep up with you …”
Step #2... One Round of Reminder Phrase: have a hard time understanding what people are saying …
Step #3... One Round of Choice Phrase: I choose to feel calm, relaxed and confident …
Step #4... One Round Alternating Reminder and Choice Phrases
Step #1… Say 3 Times, Tap Continuously on the Karate Chop Point:
“Even though my mind usually locks up and I can't really give any output, and I feel stoned and spaced out, I choose to feel calm, relaxed and confident, and to surprise myself at how easily I can find appropriate things to say …
Step #2... One Round of Reminder Phrase: my mind locks up and I can't give any output, and I feel stoned and spaced out …
Step #3... One Round of Choice Phrase: calm, relaxed and confident, surprise myself at how easily I can find appropriate things to say …
Step #4... One Round Alternating Reminder and Choice Phrases
End of Session Three.
I had not heard from Gregoire for a while so I shot him an email, as I do when I haven’t heard from someone for a while; just asking how he’s doing, especially with the desire to be more talkative.
This was his response:
I have to work some more at it. I tapped a bit on understanding people better, and it has helped. I noticed I was able to give some more feedback in a group setting, it also helped that I studied more for the class and understood certain concepts more clearly. But it seems I still haven't got to the level that I consider to be 'up to par.' I will say that I never felt as comfortable as far as being a part of the class group, this quickly into the semester.
In any case, I have more free time for the rest of the week, so I will schedule more time in for EFT.
FOR MORE EFT HELP ...
Explore our newest advancement, Optimal EFT™, by reading our free e-book, The Unseen Therapist™.