- Other Emotional Issues
- Anger Management
- Releasing anger at parents allowed healing of ulcerative colitis and headaches
- Suppressed anger expelled via the stomach
- EFT for self righteous anger
- Getting over a gang rape--including a follow-up
- EFT alleviates horrendous self-hatred and rage
- Calming down Teddy, an emotionally disturbedboy
- EFT for anger underlying ALS
- An unusual anger release
- Anger in a homeless shelter
- A murderous rage is calmed with EFT
- Intuitional work with anger
- A First Class use of Surrogate EFT for Bill's anger and behavior issues
- EFT Transforms "hopping-mad" anger
- Anger and Hostility are Proven to Damage Lungs; Simple Acupressure Technique Offers a Solution
- Anger case history from a client
- EFT for workplace anger
- Josh: Building rapport with children--anger & behavior problems.
- EFT for anger helps both Ann and her angry husband--note the surrogate approach
- Unbearable hatred toward classmates
- Surrogate EFT for fighting neighbors
- Brandon's Story--anger problem becomes history: (including an update at the end)
- EFT for deep seated anger
- EFT and severe mental illness--a murderous impulse
- An interesting approach to EFT and road rage
- Using EFT for on-the-spot "hopping mad" anger
- Anger management approach for a polarity responder
- The cause of our anger isn't always as it appears
- A client talks about her abusive childhood and her relief via EFT
- Resentments relieved 22 years after a poor birthing experience
- EFT resolves long term resentment
- The EFT Cooling Tower Technique for Letting off Steam
- Press Release: Can a One-Minute Anger Management Technique Reduce Injury Risk and Chronic Illness?
- Releasing anger patterns with EFT
- A client resolves lifelong anger on her own
- Clearing anger and self loathing with EFT via introduction to inner child
- Stubborn anger issue falls to 0 with emphatic "say what you feel" wording.
- Road Rage and hives disappear in one session after getting to the core issue
- New Technique Helps Avoid Heart Damage by Diffusing Anger Within Marital Arguments
- The client who continually felt resentful
- Employee overcomes anger at supervisor
- Jonas uses EFT for deeper meditation - dangerous PSA reading is now only 0.4
- School Counselor on anger and tension,
- Getting behind a successful EFT anger case
- Football Star Uses New Acupressure Technique to Calm his Road Rage -- No Drugs Needed
- Transgender person with abusive mother relieves rage with EFT
- Anger case--the urge to explode
- Even dropping the kids off at school provides tapping opportunities - an anger issue
- Using EFT to self-calm an intense anger tantrum
- Useful thoughts on anger by Stewart Robertson
- What was REALLY causing Anne's depression?
- EFT student eases his wife's suicidal thoughts
- Louella: Depression, pesticides and low blood sugar
- A successful but involved depression case--"I don't want to tell you how well I'm doing"
- EFT resolves 12 years of postnatal depression
- Long term severe depression gone in ten minutes
- Jaqui Crooks used EFT to overcome her Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD)
- Maggie eliminates her own depression
- Surrogate tapping and its effect on depression.
- Persistent EFT by Email on depression, anger and anxiety
- Cross dressing, sexuality and depression
- A case that didn't work--and some suggestions
- A first class look at using EFT for a complex case - depression, guilt, grief and abandonment
- Was it really a manic/depressive disorder?
- A textbook depression case--a "one minute wonder" complete with belief changes
- Approaching Depression with the Tearless Trauma Technique
- After 15 years of therapy, including shock therapy, EFT helps release depression
- Success with a skeptical, depressed scientist - follow up included
- Depression, low self esteem and childhood traumas
- Persistence and a challenging case - Incest, abuse, depression, anxiety attacks, nightmares and flashbacks
- A mis-diagnosed manic/depressive disorder
- Depression with numerous underlying issues
- Major results for anxiety, depression and social issues from one thorough EFT session and consistent EFT "homework"
- Hair loss and facial blemishes fade after EFT relieves important emotional issues -- Depression too!
- Adrienne, a physician
- Gary discusses depression and some new ideas
- A non-therapist does superb work on depression--including her own.
- Newbie uses EFT on depression, allergic reactions and more
- 30+ years of depression gone in 2 minutes
- EFT saves a life by rapidly resolving suicidal depression
- Depression and confusion about God
- EFT on personal depression--"I was angry at myself"
- Press Release: New Method for Depression Often Works When Nothing Else Will
- Dr. Patricia Carrington on depression--a detailed discussion, including meds
- Depression, height phobia and claustrophobia eliminated in one session
- Depression related to guilt
- When depression comes from a related issue
- Depression Drugs and Migraine Drugs Don't Always Do The Job
- Depression on Death Row
- EFT Newcomer eliminates his own deep depression and anxiety disorder
- An intimate look at Depression
- EFT instead of shock treatments?
- From depressed and suicidal ... to ... "I laugh all the time
- Panic And Anxiety
- Travel Anxiety--using the Tell the Story Technique
- Febrile convulsions and related panic attacks subside--not one attack in the two years since she learned to use EFT
- Successful surrogate tapping for surgery anxiety
- Persistence and Panic Attacks - Quality results on a stubborn issue
- Getting to the core of "Mark's" anxiety
- EFT for overeating and panic attacks
- Performance anxiety at a music camp
- Gayla uses EFT for panic
- New Method for Treating Anxiety Works When Conventional Treatments Fail
- Clearing social anxiety with EFT
- Two surrogate tapping cases: Dental anxiety and severe stomach ache
- Panic Attacks: Getting behind the thought process
- Husband relieves wife of major panic attack
- EFT newcomer rids himself of social anxiety
- Relief for another stress related cough
- Using EFT for panic when nobody is around
- Combining EFT with the Inner Theater approach for panic attacks
- Testing your EFT work: Feeling trapped and panic attacks
- A Quality "How To Do It" Session for Fear and Anxiety
- Diagnosed as a schizophrenic, Gregoire had anxiety, stress and insomnia
- Current "in your face" anxiety and stress case
- EFT makes good progress with panic, agoraphobia and feeling like a failure
- Detective work crucial in relief for panic attacks
- Sports anxiety, heat sensitivity, being away from home, loneliness, fear of insects.
- 20 year old abduction anxiety calmed with EFT
- Collapsing a client's anxiety from the 9/11 disaster--with 4 year follow-up
- Anxiety and the fear of being alone
- EFT student uses tapping to immediately calm down after a major car accident
- Medical school test anxiety--from C's and D's to A's and B's
- Success story with 10 day anxiety attack
- Surgery anxiety and EFT
- EFT helps adult learners overcome school and math anxiety
- EFT on a case of extreme separation anxiety in a dog and the importance of Core Issues for Animals
- Study Shows Simple Drug-Free Acupressure Technique Reduces Dental Anxiety
- Detective work provides help for an anxiety disorder
- Imagination tapping on the finger points reduces stress level to zero
- Using EFT for a client who feels out of control.
- One EFT round with Deborah's daughter relieves performance anxiety
- Eric Robins, MD and Lisa Cox on surgery anxieties
- Severe anxiety client has his life back
- EFT Newbie resolves her own major trip anxiety
- Panic attacks and heart palpitations subside after doing EFT on dreams
- Anxiety, eating and more
- Success in neutralizing unwanted memories without the client disclosing the content
- Newcomer uses EFT to collapse his own panic-attacks and writes letter to "Quackwatch"
- A detailed panic attack case
- Non-therapist relieves stress in the form of a temper tantrum
- EFT for panic attacks
- Who Would Have Thought That Acupressure Could Relieve Social Anxiety Better Than Drugs or Therapy?
- Daddy left me. Will my new boyfriend leave me too?
- Courtroom anxiety AND anxiety about calling employers
- One EFT phone session resolves driving test anxiety -- and the benefits expand
- Panic attacks and fear of darkness
- Addressing Generalized Anxiety Disorder by aiming EFT at specific events
- Test anxiety
- Using EFT for Social Anxiety Disorder
- Surgeon Uses New Acupressure Technique to Lower Surgery Risk
- Overcoming Test Anxiety with New Drug-Free Technique: 80% Success Rate
- Daily tapping for Panic Attacks
- Anxiety related to atrial fibrillation is calmed with EFT
- Performance anxiety and many aspects
- EFT brings relief for trauma, anxiety, and an overactive bladder, all in less than an hour
- OCD (Obsessive Compulsive Disorder)
- Uncontrollable grief resolved with EFT
- Attorney helps client by using EFT for long term unresolved grief
- A grief case with many aspects
- When certain music triggers grief and sadness
- Freedom from grief in only 15 minutes
- Relieving grief over the death of Higgins the dog
- Using EFT for Bereavement
- EFT turns grief into beauty
- EFT eliminates unnecessary grief emotions and softens the grieving process - includes 2 month follow up
- EFT brings healing to a whole family while one woman heals her grief
- Community relief from grief with EFT
- This new Widow was helped in many ways by EFT
- EFT for grief and pet loss
- Tapping through grief leads to incredible insight and relief
- EFT for pain and grief for a birth mother who wasn't allowed to see her child -- a touching story with a happy ending
- Getting to important emotions by doing EFT while looking in the mirror
- Imaginary tapping sends grief away
- EFT setup statements for grief
- An easy grief case with an aspect that showed up later
- Grief changes to smiles
- EFT may be a great relief to grief-stricken nurses who lose patients
- Fresh grief and a double benefit.
- Insights into picking up another person
- EFT heals a broken heart in rapid time
- Using EFT to improve a relationship
- EFT, One Minute Wonders and Opening to Love
- EFT by telephone smoothes out a tense family reunion
- Using EFT for relationship issues--a detailed case
- Tapping on relationship issues
- Interesting way to use EFT & Tappy Bear for a broken heart
- Relationships, EFT and Spirituality
- Improve relationships by Tapping in the Positive
- Addressing relationship and family issues by tapping on photographs
- Tapping into a state of Love
- EFT resolves a 10 year heartbreak
- "I didn't like kissing my wife after she drank coffee."
- Jack improves his relationship with his grandson using surrogate EFT
- Using EFT to prepare for a difficult encounter
- How clearing an intense cough led to improved family relationships--an EFT two-for-one EFT benefit
- MD introduces an innovative idea that brings relief for stubborn relationship issue
- Finding the love you want by healing the inner child
- Relationship Issue: "My husband was being a jerk"
- What holds you back from your lover?
- EFT is instrumental in bringing a couple back together
- Relationships - on "Being Right"
- Instant relationship fix?
- Relationship issue: A humorous approach
- EFT for Couples
- Combining role playing with EFT for relationships and other issues
- Using EFT for a Broken Heart
- The Healing Power of Forgiveness
- Love, Intuition, Patience and EFT help a schizophrenic 15 year old.
- Surrogate EFT heals a broken heart for a 16 year old boy
- Retired Stanford professor fixes his wife's computer with EFT
- Relationship success after finding core issue
- EFT to heal family relationships
- Using EFT on "blocking thoughts" to good relationships
- EFT and meditation for a broken heart
- EFT for love pain
- Shared tapping provides benefits for relationship issues
- EFT Instead of the psych ward after a relationship breaks up
- Taking relationships work to a new level--The Odd Couple
- Reframes (seeing things differently) for guilt, shame and sorrow
- Restless leg syndrome linked to guilt - 20 years of restlessness gone in 2 sessions
- How to reduce guilt via an EFT "Tapping Circle" -- keeping privacy for everyone
- The Rolling EFT process
- The "Tapping the System" Technique
- How Guilt and Shame Block the Law of Attraction
- Using EFT for unnecessary guilt - Did EFT get someone's husband to cook dinner?
- EFT and infertility
- Stubborn guilt finally subsides after doing a search on our website and DVDs for ideas
- A bout of cystitis turns out to be a bout of guilt
- Writing a letter
- New Acupressure Discovery Reduces Stress 4 Ways: 80% Success Rate
- Many Stressed Women Abandon Healthy Lifestyle Habits: Simple Acupressure Technique Offers a Solution
- To Physicians: New Discoveries in Acupressure Promise Everything From Alertness to Pain and Stress Management
- A new do-it-yourself approach to acupressure alleviates stress and, in turn neutralizes cold, flu an
- Psychotherapy Dramatically Improved By New 'Acupuncture Without Needles' Technique
- Eating Disorders
- Two Year Bulimia Problem Gets Major Assist in One Hour
- A Bulimia "one session wonder"
- Bulimia in Brazil
- "Acceptance Tapping" - A powerful EFT treatment variation for severe compulsive disorders and bulimia.
- Joe resolves his Anorexia...and more
- Love, diligence and an eating disorder
- Michal describes what it is like to be free from an eating disorder
- Anger Management
Depression, low self esteem and childhood traumas
Note: This is one of 3,000 articles written prior to the updated Gold Standard (Official) EFT Tapping Tutorial™. It provides practical uses for EFT Tapping and most EFT'ers should find it very helpful. However, if your benefits are temporary or a more in-depth approach is needed, you are urged to (1) consult The Gold Standard EFT Tapping Tutorial, (2) Explore our newest advancement, Optimal EFT, by reading our free e-book, The Unseen Therapist, and/or (3) get help from a Certified EFT Practitioner.
Mair Llewellyn from the UK gives us substantial detail on a case involving numerous issues. The depression, in this case, was most likely the result of the influence of all the other factors. At least that's the way it played out. Interestingly, the various problems were seething under the surface even though, to outside observers, she appeared very successful and together.
Mair, like so many others, blends EFT with other techniques and she was thoughtful enough to give us a professional look behind the scenes.
(Gary in the case history below names and personal details have been changed to maintain confidentiality)
Marie came to me in January wanting to stop biting her nails. Although on the surface this may seem a simple habit, early on in our first session together we discovered that her nail biting was just a symptom of many underlying childhood traumas. The first session with a client usually involves some cognitive thinking strategies. I have been in practise as a psychotherapist for over 20 years and I have found that for lasting change to occur, (whatever the methodology used) frequently a genuine cognitive rebalancing needs to happen. This also seems to enhance the total healing effects when using EFT too.
GC COMMENT: I also find this cognitive restructuring happens within the EFT process. It's as though the release of burdensome negative emotions permits healthier attitudes to surface.
MAIR CONTINUES: Gary discusses the idea of the writing on our walls [from The Palace of Possibilities]. Marie's walls were covered with writing about her inadequacies as a person, what she wasn't and couldn't do. Yet, it became so clear to me that she was a very accomplished person. Professionally, she managed people and major contracts. Her bosses and the organization that she works for have a deep respect for her. It appeared that all her positive energy was directed into her professional competencies and her desire to achieve as a loving Mother. Little consideration was being given to herself.
Yet despite all of her obvious successes she had suffered profoundly from depression and low self esteem, from the age of 10 or 11. As a child she had always felt inferior as a girl because her dad told her from an early age that he wanted a boy. When she was three and her younger brother arrived she felt her little brother seemed to command all of her father's attention which she so craved. From a very early age she suffered from being overweight and children laughed at her. For as long as she could remember she had bitten her nails as had her father. Her Father also ate heavily and the fact that he did so really disgusted her because he seemed so greedy. Within her mind she had many very significant incidents that saddened her and left her feeling wanting.
GC COMMENT: Here are some suggested phrases that might prove helpful with issues like these....
- "Even though my apparently greedy father wanted a boy...."
- "Even though I am still a slave to my father's preferences...."
- "Even though I link my self esteem to the gluttonous and imperfect choices of an apparently greedy, self involved, disgusting man...."
- "Even though if I respect my own needs I somehow think that amounts to being greedy like my father...."
- "Even though my father did not have the ability to see my beauty, I forgive myself for caring this around and I forgive my father for his deficiencies...."
- "Even though I think I'm wanting and don't really know what for...."
- "Even though I think I'm wanting for the love of my father, I accept my self for wanting something my father didn't know how to give...."
MAIR CONTINUES: On her second session after using her journal (a cognitive therapy technique) we discovered many problems to tap on. What came across very strongly was her feeling of being second best to her brother. We began tapping on this and she suddenly stopped, saying she had recalled being weighed and measured in school as a child and lining up with everyone laughing at her. Up until this point she had not discussed her weight problem in much detail, however it had been of prime importance when she had been writing in her journal (in between session one and two) This ridicule from her classmates was obviously a very upsetting issue and further compounded her already low self esteem. Whatever she had tried up until now in the way of diets had failed. Had the writing on her walls maintained this continuing programme?
For very many years she had attempted to lose weight but had found the process so demeaning it was almost like she was rejoining that queue at school again. Instead of adding to her confidence, it was very destructive. It became obvious that this was a core issue for her and we spent some time rubbing her sore spot and tapping whilst she released without her discussing any particular set up statement. During this time of tapping I talked through the process of reflecting the feelings she had described to me about her dad, about her not being a boy, and about her brother, as well as the upsetting image of her queuing to be weighed at school. As we rubbed the sore spot and did some facial tapping she became more peaceful.
GC COMMENT: This is a technique that I have found quite helpful. When a client is talking about a bothersome issue s/he is clearly tuned into it. Just start tapping on the meridians while they tell the story.
MAIR CONTINUES: At her collarbone point I asked her to wait a while so that she may take her time to re-orientate herself . She begun to laugh and said how silly it all was that she was frightened to this day to go to the nurse who was dispensing her slimming pills so begrudgingly.
For some months the local surgery [medical facility] had been working with her and prescribing these very expensive pills. They are supposed to jettison the fat from her body as she ate to assist in her weight loss programme. Despite this supposed benefit only one pound in weight had been lost over the 9 months of using them. All she got from taking the pills was severe stomach-ache and diarrhea. The nurses attitude towards her was very hard and uncaring. Only a couple of weeks ago this person had given her a good talking to saying she wasn't trying and that it was costing the National Health Service [in the UK] so many pounds each week. This awful experience only compounded her already low self esteem and her need to be protected in some way.
After tapping she decided that she would not continue to be humiliated by this process, it wasn't doing any good anyway and she knew that she needed to address the underlying issues. On the third visit she proudly showed me her nails, which had begun to grow. She surprised me when she said that she had that morning visited her doctor to ask if she could have her anti depressant drugs reduced because she was feeling much more in control of what was happening to her. Her doctor was reluctant to do this until she felt stronger. They both agreed to work together alongside the therapy she was receiving from me.
Marie reported vast improvements in her moods on a day to day basis. During the month I had been seeing her, she found she was eating more healthily without being aware or choosing to. A fact which had had to be pointed out to her by her husband as she had not even noticed. She was thrilled about all the things that were happening, but I still sensed there were some issues to work on. It was as if much of the writing on the walls had cleared yet some of it indelibly remained. During this session we did some tapping on "Even though I don't feel totally free and I don't quite know why ......." As she begun to tap through this she suddenly said I just cannot forgive myself for hanging onto all these bad feelings for so long. We tapped on "I respect myself even though I cannot forgive myself for hanging onto this for so long" Towards the end of two rounds of tapping Marie said "I feel trapped by my own history". We tapped on being trapped and forgiving herself and others until her SUD's level reached a 1.
At this point in the session, I felt that further help would come by doing what I call a type of time trail therapy. When I do this with clients I ask their unconscious mind to activate the way they were meant to be. I usually say something like "unconscious mind would you please release Marie from her past traumas through her breathing out and on her in breath recapture her rightful heritage. I have found over the last fifteen years that asking the subconscious mind to regain someone's birthright and to activate that process again, is readily accepted. (This does not eliminate lessons and learning or the memories, it just releases the debilitating trauma)
I discussed with Marie that this process would happen even though she may not believe it or be consciously aware of it occurring. The example of unconscious assimilation I gave her was of how after a meal she naturally digests her minerals, nutrients and proteins out of her conscious awareness. Time trail therapy can be naturally implemented in exactly the same way by the other part of her mind. Even though she was not aware consciously of the assimilation of this instruction to recapture her birthright the process is still there ready to run again.
Affirmations and future pacing also help tremendously in these instances to etch the clients desired intentions within their mind. When Marie left I held her in my mind positively sensing that maybe she would not need to come for a further visit. A month later when her next appointment was due she rang to say she did not need to come as she was very happy and still enjoyed using her friend EFT for day to day stresses and as a positive maintenance programme.
You can imagine how very thrilled I was to meet her quite by accident in a local supermarket, two months later. When I saw her she rushed across and said "thank you Mary for giving me back my life".
FOR MORE EFT HELP ...
Explore our newest advancement, Optimal EFT, by reading our free e-book, The Unseen Therapist.