- Other Emotional Issues
- Anger Management
- Using EFT to self-calm an intense anger tantrum
- Useful thoughts on anger by Stewart Robertson
- Football Star Uses New Acupressure Technique to Calm his Road Rage -- No Drugs Needed
- Transgender person with abusive mother relieves rage with EFT
- Anger case--the urge to explode
- Even dropping the kids off at school provides tapping opportunities - an anger issue
- Calming down Teddy, an emotionally disturbedboy
- EFT for anger underlying ALS
- Releasing anger at parents allowed healing of ulcerative colitis and headaches
- Suppressed anger expelled via the stomach
- EFT for self righteous anger
- Getting over a gang rape--including a follow-up
- EFT alleviates horrendous self-hatred and rage
- EFT Transforms "hopping-mad" anger
- An unusual anger release
- Anger in a homeless shelter
- A murderous rage is calmed with EFT
- Intuitional work with anger
- A First Class use of Surrogate EFT for Bill's anger and behavior issues
- Unbearable hatred toward classmates
- Anger and Hostility are Proven to Damage Lungs; Simple Acupressure Technique Offers a Solution
- Anger case history from a client
- EFT for workplace anger
- Josh: Building rapport with children--anger & behavior problems.
- EFT for anger helps both Ann and her angry husband--note the surrogate approach
- Using EFT for on-the-spot "hopping mad" anger
- Surrogate EFT for fighting neighbors
- Brandon's Story--anger problem becomes history: (including an update at the end)
- EFT for deep seated anger
- EFT and severe mental illness--a murderous impulse
- An interesting approach to EFT and road rage
- Anger management approach for a polarity responder
- The cause of our anger isn't always as it appears
- A client talks about her abusive childhood and her relief via EFT
- Resentments relieved 22 years after a poor birthing experience
- EFT resolves long term resentment
- The EFT Cooling Tower Technique for Letting off Steam
- Press Release: Can a One-Minute Anger Management Technique Reduce Injury Risk and Chronic Illness?
- Releasing anger patterns with EFT
- A client resolves lifelong anger on her own
- Clearing anger and self loathing with EFT via introduction to inner child
- Stubborn anger issue falls to 0 with emphatic "say what you feel" wording.
- Road Rage and hives disappear in one session after getting to the core issue
- New Technique Helps Avoid Heart Damage by Diffusing Anger Within Marital Arguments
- The client who continually felt resentful
- Employee overcomes anger at supervisor
- Jonas uses EFT for deeper meditation - dangerous PSA reading is now only 0.4
- School Counselor on anger and tension,
- Getting behind a successful EFT anger case
- From depressed and suicidal ... to ... "I laugh all the time
- Depression on Death Row
- EFT Newcomer eliminates his own deep depression and anxiety disorder
- An intimate look at Depression
- EFT instead of shock treatments?
- EFT resolves 12 years of postnatal depression
- What was REALLY causing Anne's depression?
- EFT student eases his wife's suicidal thoughts
- Louella: Depression, pesticides and low blood sugar
- A successful but involved depression case--"I don't want to tell you how well I'm doing"
- Persistent EFT by Email on depression, anger and anxiety
- Cross dressing, sexuality and depression
- Long term severe depression gone in ten minutes
- Jaqui Crooks used EFT to overcome her Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD)
- Maggie eliminates her own depression
- Surrogate tapping and its effect on depression.
- Approaching Depression with the Tearless Trauma Technique
- After 15 years of therapy, including shock therapy, EFT helps release depression
- A case that didn't work--and some suggestions
- A first class look at using EFT for a complex case - depression, guilt, grief and abandonment
- Was it really a manic/depressive disorder?
- A textbook depression case--a "one minute wonder" complete with belief changes
- Success with a skeptical, depressed scientist - follow up included
- Depression, low self esteem and childhood traumas
- A mis-diagnosed manic/depressive disorder
- Depression with numerous underlying issues
- Hair loss and facial blemishes fade after EFT relieves important emotional issues -- Depression too!
- Adrienne, a physician
- Gary discusses depression and some new ideas
- A non-therapist does superb work on depression--including her own.
- Newbie uses EFT on depression, allergic reactions and more
- 30+ years of depression gone in 2 minutes
- EFT saves a life by rapidly resolving suicidal depression
- Depression and confusion about God
- EFT on personal depression--"I was angry at myself"
- Press Release: New Method for Depression Often Works When Nothing Else Will
- Depression Drugs and Migraine Drugs Don't Always Do The Job
- Dr. Patricia Carrington on depression--a detailed discussion, including meds
- Depression, height phobia and claustrophobia eliminated in one session
- Depression related to guilt
- When depression comes from a related issue
- Panic And Anxiety
- Performance anxiety and many aspects
- EFT brings relief for trauma, anxiety, and an overactive bladder, all in less than an hour
- Test anxiety
- Using EFT for Social Anxiety Disorder
- Surgeon Uses New Acupressure Technique to Lower Surgery Risk
- Overcoming Test Anxiety with New Drug-Free Technique: 80% Success Rate
- Daily tapping for Panic Attacks
- Anxiety related to atrial fibrillation is calmed with EFT
- Performance anxiety at a music camp
- Gayla uses EFT for panic
- Travel Anxiety--using the Tell the Story Technique
- Successful surrogate tapping for surgery anxiety
- Persistence and Panic Attacks - Quality results on a stubborn issue
- Getting to the core of "Mark's" anxiety
- EFT for overeating and panic attacks
- Relief for another stress related cough
- Using EFT for panic when nobody is around
- New Method for Treating Anxiety Works When Conventional Treatments Fail
- Clearing social anxiety with EFT
- Two surrogate tapping cases: Dental anxiety and severe stomach ache
- Panic Attacks: Getting behind the thought process
- Husband relieves wife of major panic attack
- EFT newcomer rids himself of social anxiety
- Detective work crucial in relief for panic attacks
- Combining EFT with the Inner Theater approach for panic attacks
- Testing your EFT work: Feeling trapped and panic attacks
- A Quality "How To Do It" Session for Fear and Anxiety
- Diagnosed as a schizophrenic, Gregoire had anxiety, stress and insomnia
- Current "in your face" anxiety and stress case
- EFT makes good progress with panic, agoraphobia and feeling like a failure
- Sports anxiety, heat sensitivity, being away from home, loneliness, fear of insects.
- 20 year old abduction anxiety calmed with EFT
- Collapsing a client's anxiety from the 9/11 disaster--with 4 year follow-up
- Anxiety and the fear of being alone
- EFT student uses tapping to immediately calm down after a major car accident
- Medical school test anxiety--from C's and D's to A's and B's
- Success story with 10 day anxiety attack
- Surgery anxiety and EFT
- EFT helps adult learners overcome school and math anxiety
- EFT on a case of extreme separation anxiety in a dog and the importance of Core Issues for Animals
- Study Shows Simple Drug-Free Acupressure Technique Reduces Dental Anxiety
- Detective work provides help for an anxiety disorder
- Imagination tapping on the finger points reduces stress level to zero
- Using EFT for a client who feels out of control.
- One EFT round with Deborah's daughter relieves performance anxiety
- A detailed panic attack case
- Eric Robins, MD and Lisa Cox on surgery anxieties
- Severe anxiety client has his life back
- EFT Newbie resolves her own major trip anxiety
- Panic attacks and heart palpitations subside after doing EFT on dreams
- Anxiety, eating and more
- Success in neutralizing unwanted memories without the client disclosing the content
- Newcomer uses EFT to collapse his own panic-attacks and writes letter to "Quackwatch"
- Panic attacks and fear of darkness
- Addressing Generalized Anxiety Disorder by aiming EFT at specific events
- Non-therapist relieves stress in the form of a temper tantrum
- EFT for panic attacks
- Who Would Have Thought That Acupressure Could Relieve Social Anxiety Better Than Drugs or Therapy?
- Daddy left me. Will my new boyfriend leave me too?
- Courtroom anxiety AND anxiety about calling employers
- One EFT phone session resolves driving test anxiety -- and the benefits expand
- OCD (Obsessive Compulsive Disorder)
- Grief changes to smiles
- EFT may be a great relief to grief-stricken nurses who lose patients
- Fresh grief and a double benefit.
- Uncontrollable grief resolved with EFT
- Attorney helps client by using EFT for long term unresolved grief
- A grief case with many aspects
- When certain music triggers grief and sadness
- Freedom from grief in only 15 minutes
- Relieving grief over the death of Higgins the dog
- EFT turns grief into beauty
- Using EFT for Bereavement
- Community relief from grief with EFT
- EFT brings healing to a whole family while one woman heals her grief
- EFT for grief and pet loss
- This new Widow was helped in many ways by EFT
- Tapping through grief leads to incredible insight and relief
- Getting to important emotions by doing EFT while looking in the mirror
- Imaginary tapping sends grief away
- EFT setup statements for grief
- An easy grief case with an aspect that showed up later
- EFT and meditation for a broken heart
- EFT for love pain
- Shared tapping provides benefits for relationship issues
- EFT Instead of the psych ward after a relationship breaks up
- Taking relationships work to a new level--The Odd Couple
- Insights into picking up another person
- EFT heals a broken heart in rapid time
- Using EFT to improve a relationship
- EFT, One Minute Wonders and Opening to Love
- EFT by telephone smoothes out a tense family reunion
- Tapping on relationship issues
- Interesting way to use EFT & Tappy Bear for a broken heart
- Relationships, EFT and Spirituality
- Improve relationships by Tapping in the Positive
- Using EFT for relationship issues--a detailed case
- Tapping into a state of Love
- EFT resolves a 10 year heartbreak
- "I didn't like kissing my wife after she drank coffee."
- Jack improves his relationship with his grandson using surrogate EFT
- Addressing relationship and family issues by tapping on photographs
- How clearing an intense cough led to improved family relationships--an EFT two-for-one EFT benefit
- MD introduces an innovative idea that brings relief for stubborn relationship issue
- Finding the love you want by healing the inner child
- Relationship Issue: "My husband was being a jerk"
- Using EFT to prepare for a difficult encounter
- What holds you back from your lover?
- EFT is instrumental in bringing a couple back together
- Relationships - on "Being Right"
- Instant relationship fix?
- Relationship issue: A humorous approach
- EFT for Couples
- Combining role playing with EFT for relationships and other issues
- Using EFT for a Broken Heart
- The Healing Power of Forgiveness
- Love, Intuition, Patience and EFT help a schizophrenic 15 year old.
- Surrogate EFT heals a broken heart for a 16 year old boy
- Retired Stanford professor fixes his wife's computer with EFT
- Relationship success after finding core issue
- EFT to heal family relationships
- Using EFT on "blocking thoughts" to good relationships
- Writing a letter
- Reframes (seeing things differently) for guilt, shame and sorrow
- Restless leg syndrome linked to guilt - 20 years of restlessness gone in 2 sessions
- How to reduce guilt via an EFT "Tapping Circle" -- keeping privacy for everyone
- The "Tapping the System" Technique
- The Rolling EFT process
- How Guilt and Shame Block the Law of Attraction
- Using EFT for unnecessary guilt - Did EFT get someone's husband to cook dinner?
- EFT and infertility
- Stubborn guilt finally subsides after doing a search on our website and DVDs for ideas
- A bout of cystitis turns out to be a bout of guilt
- Psychotherapy Dramatically Improved By New 'Acupuncture Without Needles' Technique
- New Acupressure Discovery Reduces Stress 4 Ways: 80% Success Rate
- Many Stressed Women Abandon Healthy Lifestyle Habits: Simple Acupressure Technique Offers a Solution
- A new do-it-yourself approach to acupressure alleviates stress and, in turn neutralizes cold, flu an
- Eating Disorders
- Joe resolves his Anorexia...and more
- Love, diligence and an eating disorder
- Michal describes what it is like to be free from an eating disorder
- Two Year Bulimia Problem Gets Major Assist in One Hour
- A Bulimia "one session wonder"
- Bulimia in Brazil
- Anger Management
Table of Contents Help
The tabs on the right are shortcuts to where you have been:
- Previous Screen
- Previous Articles
- Previous Categories
- Start Page
- Hide Entire Menu
Swiping to the left will take you to the previous screen.
The folder icon indicates that more content is available. Click on the icon or the associated text, or swipe to the right to see the additional content.
Other Emotional Issues
EFT for conquering a stuttering problem
Note: This is one of 3,000 articles written prior to the updated Gold Standard (Official) EFT Tapping Tutorial™. As a result, it is likely outdated. It provides practical uses for EFT Tapping but you should also explore our newest advancement, Optimal EFT, by reading our free e-book, The Unseen Therapist™, and/or get help from a Certified EFT Practitioner.
Stuttering usually has emotional roots and what better tool to eliminate them than EFT? Note how Summer Boone from Canada zeroes in on one of her client's high school experiences and eliminates both the stutter and feelings of depression.
When I describe EFT I make the analogy of comparing EFT and talk therapy to, surgery and laser surgery. They both can work but EFT is faster, less intrusive and can have pinpoint accuracy. I find that people respond well to this comparison, because it is a concrete example within their own experience and understanding. I want to share one of my many success stories of using EFT with my clients, which highlights this analogy.
A young female client with a stutter, I will call her Amy, was referred to me for depression and indecision. We used EFT to begin the work on her depression and her inability to trust herself. Near the end of our first session Amy began to tell a story.
Amy spoke of her last year in high school. She recalled how she had run for student body president, and was competing against a girl who had previously been a very close friend of hers (the year before the two women had a falling out). Midway during the campaign for presidency, Amy began to lose hope of winning. Her former best friend had most of the student body support.
Amy said she felt anger at the possibility of losing, and that this feeling was heightened because she also felt betrayed by the other woman over the course of the past year. Amy then became emotional and explained that after school, in moments of weakness and anger, she defaced and destroyed the campaign posters and materials of her opponent.
Amy described the guilt and embarrassment she felt. She related that she was the first to be questioned about this incident by her principal, teachers, friends, and later her parents, but that she held fast to the lie that she was innocent. She adamantly denied having had any involvement in the destruction of the campaign materials.
Amy admitted, that being “one of the more popular girls in my grade, eventually people believed me. My parents were the first to stand behind me, and when no evidence came up, the whole thing was dropped.” Amy convinced people that she had also been victimized and eventually gained support because she had manipulated the situation. Amy went on to win the election. However, she described the resulting pain at having to continue the lie; and how in fact she had never told anyone the truth about the event.
Using EFT, we worked our way through these issues and memories. Some of the setup statements we used were:
Even though I lied to everyone and myself…
Even though I didn’t get caught for my actions, and didn’t confess…
Even though I used my power of status to hide the truth…
Amy began to feel some relief from the burden of her secret, and was able to suggest set up statements. She suggested,
Even though I used my parents to get out of trouble…
Even though I hid the truth and did something awful…
Amy left the first session saying she felt lighter and happier. It was not until she returned for her next session that I noticed that she was stuttering less. She immediately agreed and said that others in her life had noticed the same in the last two days.
Amy explained that it wasn’t until after her graduation from high school, that she slowly developed the stutter. She remembered the stutter starting when she would be excited or nervous and trying to express herself. Amy could not remember when the stutter had become a full time part of her speech, but she estimated that she had it for about six years.
Amy related that she had further noticed that she continued to lie to the people in her life to get her way. We began again on the same high school memory with Amy naturally and enthusiastically going deeper into the aspects.
Even though I am angry with myself for lying to everyone and never having told the truth…
Even though I continue to lie…
Even though I use people…
Even though I hate myself, for how I treat people…
Even though I can’t trust myself because I didn’t make the right choice…
Even though I manipulate people to get my own way…
Even though I don’t want to give up getting my way…
Even though the guilt of this memory has possibly created a stutter…
Even though the stutter represents my need to control every single word that I say…
Even though I might be punishing myself for all the lies I tell…
Even though I am scared to tell the truth…
Even though I refuse to trust myself because I have lied in the past…
Even though I might still lie in the future…
Even though I am not perfect and never will be perfect…
Even though I don’t think I know how to be a good person…
Even though I hide my true feelings…
Even though I am scared that people won’t like me for who I am…
We ended this intense session, and when she returned the next week, she was no longer stuttering. We did some follow-up work to bring down her aspects, which were at a level of intensity of between 3 to 1 on a scale of 0 to 10 down to 1 or 0 out of 10.
We had one more follow up visit a month later, and Amy still had no stutter. She also had no feelings of depression and she was feeling more confident. Amy was asked to contact me if the stutter showed any signs of return, however I have not heard back from her and that was over 3 years ago.
I tell everyone who will listen about the wonders of EFT. It really can be tried on everything, even on aspects that seem unrelated. EFT can help people get down to the originating spot of the issue!
Lots of Love,
FOR MORE EFT HELP ...
Explore our newest advancement, Optimal EFT™, by reading our free e-book, The Unseen Therapist™.