- Other Emotional Issues
- Anger Management
- Anger case--the urge to explode
- Even dropping the kids off at school provides tapping opportunities - an anger issue
- Using EFT to self-calm an intense anger tantrum
- Useful thoughts on anger by Stewart Robertson
- Football Star Uses New Acupressure Technique to Calm his Road Rage -- No Drugs Needed
- Transgender person with abusive mother relieves rage with EFT
- Getting over a gang rape--including a follow-up
- EFT alleviates horrendous self-hatred and rage
- Calming down Teddy, an emotionally disturbedboy
- EFT for anger underlying ALS
- Releasing anger at parents allowed healing of ulcerative colitis and headaches
- Suppressed anger expelled via the stomach
- EFT for self righteous anger
- Intuitional work with anger
- A First Class use of Surrogate EFT for Bill's anger and behavior issues
- EFT Transforms "hopping-mad" anger
- An unusual anger release
- Anger in a homeless shelter
- A murderous rage is calmed with EFT
- Josh: Building rapport with children--anger & behavior problems.
- EFT for anger helps both Ann and her angry husband--note the surrogate approach
- Unbearable hatred toward classmates
- Anger and Hostility are Proven to Damage Lungs; Simple Acupressure Technique Offers a Solution
- Anger case history from a client
- EFT for workplace anger
- Brandon's Story--anger problem becomes history: (including an update at the end)
- EFT for deep seated anger
- EFT and severe mental illness--a murderous impulse
- An interesting approach to EFT and road rage
- Using EFT for on-the-spot "hopping mad" anger
- Surrogate EFT for fighting neighbors
- A client talks about her abusive childhood and her relief via EFT
- Resentments relieved 22 years after a poor birthing experience
- EFT resolves long term resentment
- The EFT Cooling Tower Technique for Letting off Steam
- Anger management approach for a polarity responder
- The cause of our anger isn't always as it appears
- A client resolves lifelong anger on her own
- Clearing anger and self loathing with EFT via introduction to inner child
- Stubborn anger issue falls to 0 with emphatic "say what you feel" wording.
- Road Rage and hives disappear in one session after getting to the core issue
- Press Release: Can a One-Minute Anger Management Technique Reduce Injury Risk and Chronic Illness?
- Releasing anger patterns with EFT
- Employee overcomes anger at supervisor
- Jonas uses EFT for deeper meditation - dangerous PSA reading is now only 0.4
- School Counselor on anger and tension,
- Getting behind a successful EFT anger case
- New Technique Helps Avoid Heart Damage by Diffusing Anger Within Marital Arguments
- The client who continually felt resentful
- EFT instead of shock treatments?
- From depressed and suicidal ... to ... "I laugh all the time
- Depression on Death Row
- EFT Newcomer eliminates his own deep depression and anxiety disorder
- An intimate look at Depression
- A successful but involved depression case--"I don't want to tell you how well I'm doing"
- EFT resolves 12 years of postnatal depression
- What was REALLY causing Anne's depression?
- EFT student eases his wife's suicidal thoughts
- Louella: Depression, pesticides and low blood sugar
- Surrogate tapping and its effect on depression.
- Persistent EFT by Email on depression, anger and anxiety
- Cross dressing, sexuality and depression
- Long term severe depression gone in ten minutes
- Jaqui Crooks used EFT to overcome her Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD)
- Maggie eliminates her own depression
- Was it really a manic/depressive disorder?
- A textbook depression case--a "one minute wonder" complete with belief changes
- Approaching Depression with the Tearless Trauma Technique
- After 15 years of therapy, including shock therapy, EFT helps release depression
- A case that didn't work--and some suggestions
- A first class look at using EFT for a complex case - depression, guilt, grief and abandonment
- A mis-diagnosed manic/depressive disorder
- Depression with numerous underlying issues
- Major results for anxiety, depression and social issues from one thorough EFT session and consistent EFT "homework"
- Success with a skeptical, depressed scientist - follow up included
- Depression, low self esteem and childhood traumas
- Persistence and a challenging case - Incest, abuse, depression, anxiety attacks, nightmares and flashbacks
- A non-therapist does superb work on depression--including her own.
- Newbie uses EFT on depression, allergic reactions and more
- Hair loss and facial blemishes fade after EFT relieves important emotional issues -- Depression too!
- Adrienne, a physician
- Gary discusses depression and some new ideas
- EFT on personal depression--"I was angry at myself"
- Press Release: New Method for Depression Often Works When Nothing Else Will
- 30+ years of depression gone in 2 minutes
- EFT saves a life by rapidly resolving suicidal depression
- Depression and confusion about God
- When depression comes from a related issue
- Depression Drugs and Migraine Drugs Don't Always Do The Job
- Dr. Patricia Carrington on depression--a detailed discussion, including meds
- Depression, height phobia and claustrophobia eliminated in one session
- Depression related to guilt
- Panic And Anxiety
- Daily tapping for Panic Attacks
- Anxiety related to atrial fibrillation is calmed with EFT
- Performance anxiety and many aspects
- EFT brings relief for trauma, anxiety, and an overactive bladder, all in less than an hour
- Test anxiety
- Using EFT for Social Anxiety Disorder
- Surgeon Uses New Acupressure Technique to Lower Surgery Risk
- Overcoming Test Anxiety with New Drug-Free Technique: 80% Success Rate
- Getting to the core of "Mark's" anxiety
- EFT for overeating and panic attacks
- Performance anxiety at a music camp
- Gayla uses EFT for panic
- Travel Anxiety--using the Tell the Story Technique
- Febrile convulsions and related panic attacks subside--not one attack in the two years since she learned to use EFT
- Successful surrogate tapping for surgery anxiety
- Persistence and Panic Attacks - Quality results on a stubborn issue
- Panic Attacks: Getting behind the thought process
- Husband relieves wife of major panic attack
- EFT newcomer rids himself of social anxiety
- Relief for another stress related cough
- Using EFT for panic when nobody is around
- New Method for Treating Anxiety Works When Conventional Treatments Fail
- Clearing social anxiety with EFT
- Two surrogate tapping cases: Dental anxiety and severe stomach ache
- A Quality "How To Do It" Session for Fear and Anxiety
- Diagnosed as a schizophrenic, Gregoire had anxiety, stress and insomnia
- Current "in your face" anxiety and stress case
- EFT makes good progress with panic, agoraphobia and feeling like a failure
- Detective work crucial in relief for panic attacks
- Combining EFT with the Inner Theater approach for panic attacks
- Testing your EFT work: Feeling trapped and panic attacks
- Anxiety and the fear of being alone
- EFT student uses tapping to immediately calm down after a major car accident
- Medical school test anxiety--from C's and D's to A's and B's
- Success story with 10 day anxiety attack
- Sports anxiety, heat sensitivity, being away from home, loneliness, fear of insects.
- 20 year old abduction anxiety calmed with EFT
- Collapsing a client's anxiety from the 9/11 disaster--with 4 year follow-up
- Detective work provides help for an anxiety disorder
- Imagination tapping on the finger points reduces stress level to zero
- Using EFT for a client who feels out of control.
- One EFT round with Deborah's daughter relieves performance anxiety
- Surgery anxiety and EFT
- EFT helps adult learners overcome school and math anxiety
- EFT on a case of extreme separation anxiety in a dog and the importance of Core Issues for Animals
- Study Shows Simple Drug-Free Acupressure Technique Reduces Dental Anxiety
- Anxiety, eating and more
- Success in neutralizing unwanted memories without the client disclosing the content
- Newcomer uses EFT to collapse his own panic-attacks and writes letter to "Quackwatch"
- A detailed panic attack case
- Eric Robins, MD and Lisa Cox on surgery anxieties
- Severe anxiety client has his life back
- EFT Newbie resolves her own major trip anxiety
- Panic attacks and heart palpitations subside after doing EFT on dreams
- Courtroom anxiety AND anxiety about calling employers
- One EFT phone session resolves driving test anxiety -- and the benefits expand
- Panic attacks and fear of darkness
- Addressing Generalized Anxiety Disorder by aiming EFT at specific events
- Non-therapist relieves stress in the form of a temper tantrum
- EFT for panic attacks
- Who Would Have Thought That Acupressure Could Relieve Social Anxiety Better Than Drugs or Therapy?
- Daddy left me. Will my new boyfriend leave me too?
- OCD (Obsessive Compulsive Disorder)
- Fresh grief and a double benefit.
- Grief changes to smiles
- EFT may be a great relief to grief-stricken nurses who lose patients
- A grief case with many aspects
- Uncontrollable grief resolved with EFT
- Attorney helps client by using EFT for long term unresolved grief
- Relieving grief over the death of Higgins the dog
- When certain music triggers grief and sadness
- Freedom from grief in only 15 minutes
- Using EFT for Bereavement
- EFT turns grief into beauty
- EFT eliminates unnecessary grief emotions and softens the grieving process - includes 2 month follow up
- EFT brings healing to a whole family while one woman heals her grief
- Community relief from grief with EFT
- This new Widow was helped in many ways by EFT
- EFT for grief and pet loss
- Getting to important emotions by doing EFT while looking in the mirror
- Tapping through grief leads to incredible insight and relief
- EFT for pain and grief for a birth mother who wasn't allowed to see her child -- a touching story with a happy ending
- An easy grief case with an aspect that showed up later
- Imaginary tapping sends grief away
- EFT setup statements for grief
- Taking relationships work to a new level--The Odd Couple
- EFT and meditation for a broken heart
- EFT for love pain
- Shared tapping provides benefits for relationship issues
- EFT Instead of the psych ward after a relationship breaks up
- Using EFT to improve a relationship
- EFT, One Minute Wonders and Opening to Love
- EFT by telephone smoothes out a tense family reunion
- Insights into picking up another person
- EFT heals a broken heart in rapid time
- Relationships, EFT and Spirituality
- Improve relationships by Tapping in the Positive
- Using EFT for relationship issues--a detailed case
- Tapping on relationship issues
- Interesting way to use EFT & Tappy Bear for a broken heart
- "I didn't like kissing my wife after she drank coffee."
- Jack improves his relationship with his grandson using surrogate EFT
- Addressing relationship and family issues by tapping on photographs
- Tapping into a state of Love
- EFT resolves a 10 year heartbreak
- Relationship Issue: "My husband was being a jerk"
- Using EFT to prepare for a difficult encounter
- How clearing an intense cough led to improved family relationships--an EFT two-for-one EFT benefit
- MD introduces an innovative idea that brings relief for stubborn relationship issue
- Finding the love you want by healing the inner child
- Relationship issue: A humorous approach
- What holds you back from your lover?
- EFT is instrumental in bringing a couple back together
- Relationships - on "Being Right"
- Instant relationship fix?
- Love, Intuition, Patience and EFT help a schizophrenic 15 year old.
- EFT for Couples
- Combining role playing with EFT for relationships and other issues
- Using EFT for a Broken Heart
- The Healing Power of Forgiveness
- Using EFT on "blocking thoughts" to good relationships
- Surrogate EFT heals a broken heart for a 16 year old boy
- Retired Stanford professor fixes his wife's computer with EFT
- Relationship success after finding core issue
- EFT to heal family relationships
- Writing a letter
- Reframes (seeing things differently) for guilt, shame and sorrow
- Restless leg syndrome linked to guilt - 20 years of restlessness gone in 2 sessions
- How to reduce guilt via an EFT "Tapping Circle" -- keeping privacy for everyone
- The "Tapping the System" Technique
- The Rolling EFT process
- Using EFT for unnecessary guilt - Did EFT get someone's husband to cook dinner?
- How Guilt and Shame Block the Law of Attraction
- Stubborn guilt finally subsides after doing a search on our website and DVDs for ideas
- EFT and infertility
- A bout of cystitis turns out to be a bout of guilt
- Psychotherapy Dramatically Improved By New 'Acupuncture Without Needles' Technique
- New Acupressure Discovery Reduces Stress 4 Ways: 80% Success Rate
- Many Stressed Women Abandon Healthy Lifestyle Habits: Simple Acupressure Technique Offers a Solution
- To Physicians: New Discoveries in Acupressure Promise Everything From Alertness to Pain and Stress Management
- A new do-it-yourself approach to acupressure alleviates stress and, in turn neutralizes cold, flu an
- Eating Disorders
- Joe resolves his Anorexia...and more
- Love, diligence and an eating disorder
- Michal describes what it is like to be free from an eating disorder
- Two Year Bulimia Problem Gets Major Assist in One Hour
- A Bulimia "one session wonder"
- Bulimia in Brazil
- "Acceptance Tapping" - A powerful EFT treatment variation for severe compulsive disorders and bulimia.
- Anger Management
Table of Contents Help
The tabs on the right are shortcuts to where you have been:
- Previous Screen
- Previous Articles
- Previous Categories
- Start Page
- Hide Entire Menu
Swiping to the left will take you to the previous screen.
The folder icon indicates that more content is available. Click on the icon or the associated text, or swipe to the right to see the additional content.
Other Emotional Issues
EFT and meditation for a broken heart
Note: This is one of 3,000 articles written prior to the updated Gold Standard (Official) EFT Tapping Tutorial™. As a result, it is likely outdated. It provides practical uses for EFT Tapping but you should also explore our newest advancement, Optimal EFT, by reading our free e-book, The Unseen Therapist™, and/or get help from a Certified EFT Practitioner.
Irene Odmark-Hall from Sweden gives us a detailed look at how she uses EFT in a deep meditative state. She says, "Often a strong emotion, or a poignant image, would emerge when I was meditating, and then I’d do some EFT on it right there, just in the middle of the session. And the problems would dissolve more easily..."
Two and a half years ago I came across EFT, and have been an avid tapper ever since. I read the Newsletter regularly; there is always so much there to inspire me in my own healing and in my work with clients.
I read an article by Eric Robbins in the Newsletter, where he mentioned the Holosync meditation tapes. They are based on a unique technology where tones of different frequencies are presented into each ear through stereo headphones, thus inducing a deep meditative state.
I decided to give it a try. At that time my life was in turmoil. I had just ended a loving but hopeless relationship with the man I had wanted to spend the rest of my life with. I felt disappointed. I was full of grief. All my old abandonment issues were tormenting me. The only good thing with the breakup was that it gave me the opportunity to deal with my “old stuff” and with no man around I had the time to spend an hour a day meditating…
Listening to the CD’s was like balm on my tormented heart. The sound of falling rain and crystal bowls was beautifully soothing, and healing in itself. But on a deeper level something else happens when you meditate: having the brain in a deep alpha and theta state for a suspended period of time pushes the brain to develop and reorganize. In this process it also releases old material. Memories, thought patterns, and emotions come to the surface and fade away. Or, as one becomes conscious of them, one can choose to work more specifically on them and so speed up the healing process.
I soon realized that Holosync and EFT is a powerful combination. Often a strong emotion, or a poignant image, would emerge when I was meditating, and then I’d do some EFT on it right there, just in the middle of the session. And the problems would dissolve more easily than without EFT because my usual, logical way of thinking would trip me up. I could access deeper levels of myself in the meditative trance state induced by the meditation.
I have always had a strong, healthy heart with low blood pressure, low pulse. But after this last break up something happened. I started to get these weird palpitations, it felt as though my heart wanted to escape out of my body. At first I attributed it to age, menopause and all that, and so didn’t worry about it especially. But at the back of my mind I had this nagging thought: Perhaps this is what it feels like to have a broken heart? Or perhaps, even worse…?
One evening as I was meditating my heart went wild, thumping away at turbo speed, and for the first time I felt scared. So I started tapping:
Even though I feel really scared about my heart thumping away like this…
Even though I feel scared about these palpitations, after all, my mother did have a heart attack when she was my age… and I realize I’m not my mother…
My heart calmed down considerably. I decided to investigate a bit more:
Even though my logical mind doesn’t know the reason behind these palpitations, I trust my subconscious to know, and to make that information available to me…
Tap, tap, tap. All of a sudden I felt really sad and lonely. I had a good cry as I continued tapping, saying out loud some of the things that came to my mind:
I feel so lonely … I really miss my hopeless sweetheart … he was the passion of my life … I really do miss him … it feels just like when I was a little kid … longing for my Mum … I’m the loneliest, saddest little girl ever … I feel so lonely … my whole life is so hopeless … I am so hopeless … I’m just as hopeless as he is.
The sadness slowly eased. Towards the end I included the 9 gamut procedure (I find the 9 gamut especially helpful when I’m sad or upset) and it kind of snapped me out of my deeply emotional state.
Then I saw an image appear in my mind’s eye: my heart. It was a dark, reddish brown, dry and shriveled up like an old passion fruit. What an apt image – when the passion went out of my life, my heart shriveled up - it just lay there and I felt a deep sense of hopelessness mingled with compassion. Poor old heart … poor old me. And just the slightest flash of anger. I didn’t have time to start tapping on either hopelessness or anger, because the images had a life of their own. All of a sudden I noticed a huge knife lying there, next to my heart.
Without thinking I grabbed it, raised it and forcefully cut my heart in half. There it lay, revealing its secret. It was full of red, juicy seeds, like a pomegranate more than a passion fruit. But at the very bottom of the heart fruit the seeds were dried up and moldy.
Even though the bottom part of my passion heart is dried up and moldy…
Even though parts of me feel old and shriveled up I deeply and completely love and forgive myself and anybody else who has a part in this…
Even though I feel rotten and dried up, I love every little bit of myself and I choose to focus on the parts of me that are juicy and alive…
Suddenly there were little green tendrils growing out of the blackened seeds. They grew quickly, and soon my broken heart was wrapped in green shoots of sweet-peas holding it together. There was even one little bud, about to burst open, and I knew the flower would be white.
All this happened very quickly. I felt intuitively that the black and dried up parts of the passion fruit were the parts of my heart damaged in childhood, where love was in hard supply and never given unconditionally or in the form I needed it. And that was also the reason why I often got involved with men who didn’t really give me what I needed even though (or perhaps because of it) I loved them passionately and without boundaries.
However, I made a quick mental note of going into all that later. At the moment I was fascinated by the black and the red seeds, wanting to have a second look. I gently parted the green tendrils and pried my heart open again. Then I lifted it up and tilted it and a tarry, gooey liquid poured out from the damaged parts. I poured and poured, for a long time it seemed, tapping continuously all the while. Finally the oozy liquid only came in drops. And gently, I let the two halves of my heart be held together by the green shoots again.
A deep calm settled over me, and I finished the meditation session with a sense of gratefulness and serenity. No palpitations at all.
As I woke up the next morning my heart was calm and quiet. I just lay there enjoying myself, looking at the sunshine pouring in through the windows, feeling happy. Suddenly my heart took an extra leap, but much less violently than before, and I didn’t really know if it jumped for joy or just out of old habit.
I got out of bed knowing what I had to do: move more, take more exercise. To actually exercise my heart I chose a yoga set called “The essence of self” which includes a lot of exercises for the heart. Through the following weeks I did my yoga, went for walks, meditated focusing on my heart, and did EFT on the images and thoughts that arose. I checked in on my heart now and again, tilting it to see what came out. Gradually the black liquid lightened and turned amber. At the end of another two weeks the liquid was a creamy honey colour and my palpitations were gone.
I would like to say they were gone for good, but sometimes they come back. Then I have to do some more detective work. I ask myself: What is there in my life now to bring them on? And then I use EFT on the answer. It has been an interesting process, keeping my palpitations at bay. Now I can hardly feel any at all. But when they do turn up I know I have to listen carefully.
I am learning to listen to what my heart tells me. And it tells me I don’t need to stress myself out in order to be loved, that I am a passionate and attractive woman anyway, and that I have many powerful tools in my toolkit to help me live a loving, healthy life. Meditation and EFT are two of them.
Irene Odmark-Hall, EFT-ADV
FOR MORE EFT HELP ...
Explore our newest advancement, Optimal EFT™, by reading our free e-book, The Unseen Therapist™.