- Other Emotional Issues
- Anger Management
- Releasing anger at parents allowed healing of ulcerative colitis and headaches
- Suppressed anger expelled via the stomach
- EFT for self righteous anger
- Getting over a gang rape--including a follow-up
- EFT alleviates horrendous self-hatred and rage
- Calming down Teddy, an emotionally disturbedboy
- EFT for anger underlying ALS
- An unusual anger release
- Anger in a homeless shelter
- A murderous rage is calmed with EFT
- Intuitional work with anger
- A First Class use of Surrogate EFT for Bill's anger and behavior issues
- EFT Transforms "hopping-mad" anger
- Anger and Hostility are Proven to Damage Lungs; Simple Acupressure Technique Offers a Solution
- Anger case history from a client
- EFT for workplace anger
- Josh: Building rapport with children--anger & behavior problems.
- EFT for anger helps both Ann and her angry husband--note the surrogate approach
- Unbearable hatred toward classmates
- Surrogate EFT for fighting neighbors
- Brandon's Story--anger problem becomes history: (including an update at the end)
- EFT for deep seated anger
- EFT and severe mental illness--a murderous impulse
- An interesting approach to EFT and road rage
- Using EFT for on-the-spot "hopping mad" anger
- Anger management approach for a polarity responder
- The cause of our anger isn't always as it appears
- A client talks about her abusive childhood and her relief via EFT
- Resentments relieved 22 years after a poor birthing experience
- EFT resolves long term resentment
- The EFT Cooling Tower Technique for Letting off Steam
- Press Release: Can a One-Minute Anger Management Technique Reduce Injury Risk and Chronic Illness?
- Releasing anger patterns with EFT
- A client resolves lifelong anger on her own
- Clearing anger and self loathing with EFT via introduction to inner child
- Stubborn anger issue falls to 0 with emphatic "say what you feel" wording.
- Road Rage and hives disappear in one session after getting to the core issue
- New Technique Helps Avoid Heart Damage by Diffusing Anger Within Marital Arguments
- The client who continually felt resentful
- Employee overcomes anger at supervisor
- Jonas uses EFT for deeper meditation - dangerous PSA reading is now only 0.4
- School Counselor on anger and tension,
- Getting behind a successful EFT anger case
- Football Star Uses New Acupressure Technique to Calm his Road Rage -- No Drugs Needed
- Transgender person with abusive mother relieves rage with EFT
- Anger case--the urge to explode
- Even dropping the kids off at school provides tapping opportunities - an anger issue
- Using EFT to self-calm an intense anger tantrum
- Useful thoughts on anger by Stewart Robertson
- What was REALLY causing Anne's depression?
- EFT student eases his wife's suicidal thoughts
- Louella: Depression, pesticides and low blood sugar
- A successful but involved depression case--"I don't want to tell you how well I'm doing"
- EFT resolves 12 years of postnatal depression
- Long term severe depression gone in ten minutes
- Jaqui Crooks used EFT to overcome her Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD)
- Maggie eliminates her own depression
- Surrogate tapping and its effect on depression.
- Persistent EFT by Email on depression, anger and anxiety
- Cross dressing, sexuality and depression
- A case that didn't work--and some suggestions
- A first class look at using EFT for a complex case - depression, guilt, grief and abandonment
- Was it really a manic/depressive disorder?
- A textbook depression case--a "one minute wonder" complete with belief changes
- Approaching Depression with the Tearless Trauma Technique
- After 15 years of therapy, including shock therapy, EFT helps release depression
- Success with a skeptical, depressed scientist - follow up included
- Depression, low self esteem and childhood traumas
- A mis-diagnosed manic/depressive disorder
- Depression with numerous underlying issues
- Hair loss and facial blemishes fade after EFT relieves important emotional issues -- Depression too!
- Adrienne, a physician
- Gary discusses depression and some new ideas
- A non-therapist does superb work on depression--including her own.
- Newbie uses EFT on depression, allergic reactions and more
- 30+ years of depression gone in 2 minutes
- EFT saves a life by rapidly resolving suicidal depression
- Depression and confusion about God
- EFT on personal depression--"I was angry at myself"
- Press Release: New Method for Depression Often Works When Nothing Else Will
- Dr. Patricia Carrington on depression--a detailed discussion, including meds
- Depression, height phobia and claustrophobia eliminated in one session
- Depression related to guilt
- When depression comes from a related issue
- Depression Drugs and Migraine Drugs Don't Always Do The Job
- Depression on Death Row
- EFT Newcomer eliminates his own deep depression and anxiety disorder
- An intimate look at Depression
- EFT instead of shock treatments?
- From depressed and suicidal ... to ... "I laugh all the time
- Panic And Anxiety
- Travel Anxiety--using the Tell the Story Technique
- Successful surrogate tapping for surgery anxiety
- Persistence and Panic Attacks - Quality results on a stubborn issue
- Getting to the core of "Mark's" anxiety
- EFT for overeating and panic attacks
- Performance anxiety at a music camp
- Gayla uses EFT for panic
- New Method for Treating Anxiety Works When Conventional Treatments Fail
- Clearing social anxiety with EFT
- Two surrogate tapping cases: Dental anxiety and severe stomach ache
- Panic Attacks: Getting behind the thought process
- Husband relieves wife of major panic attack
- EFT newcomer rids himself of social anxiety
- Relief for another stress related cough
- Using EFT for panic when nobody is around
- Combining EFT with the Inner Theater approach for panic attacks
- Testing your EFT work: Feeling trapped and panic attacks
- A Quality "How To Do It" Session for Fear and Anxiety
- Diagnosed as a schizophrenic, Gregoire had anxiety, stress and insomnia
- Current "in your face" anxiety and stress case
- EFT makes good progress with panic, agoraphobia and feeling like a failure
- Detective work crucial in relief for panic attacks
- Sports anxiety, heat sensitivity, being away from home, loneliness, fear of insects.
- 20 year old abduction anxiety calmed with EFT
- Collapsing a client's anxiety from the 9/11 disaster--with 4 year follow-up
- Anxiety and the fear of being alone
- EFT student uses tapping to immediately calm down after a major car accident
- Medical school test anxiety--from C's and D's to A's and B's
- Success story with 10 day anxiety attack
- Surgery anxiety and EFT
- EFT helps adult learners overcome school and math anxiety
- EFT on a case of extreme separation anxiety in a dog and the importance of Core Issues for Animals
- Study Shows Simple Drug-Free Acupressure Technique Reduces Dental Anxiety
- Detective work provides help for an anxiety disorder
- Imagination tapping on the finger points reduces stress level to zero
- Using EFT for a client who feels out of control.
- One EFT round with Deborah's daughter relieves performance anxiety
- Eric Robins, MD and Lisa Cox on surgery anxieties
- Severe anxiety client has his life back
- EFT Newbie resolves her own major trip anxiety
- Panic attacks and heart palpitations subside after doing EFT on dreams
- Anxiety, eating and more
- Success in neutralizing unwanted memories without the client disclosing the content
- Newcomer uses EFT to collapse his own panic-attacks and writes letter to "Quackwatch"
- A detailed panic attack case
- Non-therapist relieves stress in the form of a temper tantrum
- EFT for panic attacks
- Who Would Have Thought That Acupressure Could Relieve Social Anxiety Better Than Drugs or Therapy?
- Daddy left me. Will my new boyfriend leave me too?
- Courtroom anxiety AND anxiety about calling employers
- One EFT phone session resolves driving test anxiety -- and the benefits expand
- Panic attacks and fear of darkness
- Addressing Generalized Anxiety Disorder by aiming EFT at specific events
- Test anxiety
- Using EFT for Social Anxiety Disorder
- Surgeon Uses New Acupressure Technique to Lower Surgery Risk
- Overcoming Test Anxiety with New Drug-Free Technique: 80% Success Rate
- Daily tapping for Panic Attacks
- Anxiety related to atrial fibrillation is calmed with EFT
- Performance anxiety and many aspects
- EFT brings relief for trauma, anxiety, and an overactive bladder, all in less than an hour
- OCD (Obsessive Compulsive Disorder)
- Uncontrollable grief resolved with EFT
- Attorney helps client by using EFT for long term unresolved grief
- A grief case with many aspects
- When certain music triggers grief and sadness
- Freedom from grief in only 15 minutes
- Relieving grief over the death of Higgins the dog
- Using EFT for Bereavement
- EFT turns grief into beauty
- EFT brings healing to a whole family while one woman heals her grief
- Community relief from grief with EFT
- This new Widow was helped in many ways by EFT
- EFT for grief and pet loss
- Tapping through grief leads to incredible insight and relief
- Getting to important emotions by doing EFT while looking in the mirror
- Imaginary tapping sends grief away
- EFT setup statements for grief
- An easy grief case with an aspect that showed up later
- Grief changes to smiles
- EFT may be a great relief to grief-stricken nurses who lose patients
- Fresh grief and a double benefit.
- Insights into picking up another person
- EFT heals a broken heart in rapid time
- Using EFT to improve a relationship
- EFT, One Minute Wonders and Opening to Love
- EFT by telephone smoothes out a tense family reunion
- Using EFT for relationship issues--a detailed case
- Tapping on relationship issues
- Interesting way to use EFT & Tappy Bear for a broken heart
- Relationships, EFT and Spirituality
- Improve relationships by Tapping in the Positive
- Addressing relationship and family issues by tapping on photographs
- Tapping into a state of Love
- EFT resolves a 10 year heartbreak
- "I didn't like kissing my wife after she drank coffee."
- Jack improves his relationship with his grandson using surrogate EFT
- Using EFT to prepare for a difficult encounter
- How clearing an intense cough led to improved family relationships--an EFT two-for-one EFT benefit
- MD introduces an innovative idea that brings relief for stubborn relationship issue
- Finding the love you want by healing the inner child
- Relationship Issue: "My husband was being a jerk"
- What holds you back from your lover?
- EFT is instrumental in bringing a couple back together
- Relationships - on "Being Right"
- Instant relationship fix?
- Relationship issue: A humorous approach
- EFT for Couples
- Combining role playing with EFT for relationships and other issues
- Using EFT for a Broken Heart
- The Healing Power of Forgiveness
- Love, Intuition, Patience and EFT help a schizophrenic 15 year old.
- Surrogate EFT heals a broken heart for a 16 year old boy
- Retired Stanford professor fixes his wife's computer with EFT
- Relationship success after finding core issue
- EFT to heal family relationships
- Using EFT on "blocking thoughts" to good relationships
- EFT and meditation for a broken heart
- EFT for love pain
- Shared tapping provides benefits for relationship issues
- EFT Instead of the psych ward after a relationship breaks up
- Taking relationships work to a new level--The Odd Couple
- Reframes (seeing things differently) for guilt, shame and sorrow
- Restless leg syndrome linked to guilt - 20 years of restlessness gone in 2 sessions
- How to reduce guilt via an EFT "Tapping Circle" -- keeping privacy for everyone
- The Rolling EFT process
- The "Tapping the System" Technique
- How Guilt and Shame Block the Law of Attraction
- Using EFT for unnecessary guilt - Did EFT get someone's husband to cook dinner?
- EFT and infertility
- Stubborn guilt finally subsides after doing a search on our website and DVDs for ideas
- A bout of cystitis turns out to be a bout of guilt
- Writing a letter
- New Acupressure Discovery Reduces Stress 4 Ways: 80% Success Rate
- Many Stressed Women Abandon Healthy Lifestyle Habits: Simple Acupressure Technique Offers a Solution
- A new do-it-yourself approach to acupressure alleviates stress and, in turn neutralizes cold, flu an
- Psychotherapy Dramatically Improved By New 'Acupuncture Without Needles' Technique
- Eating Disorders
- Two Year Bulimia Problem Gets Major Assist in One Hour
- A Bulimia "one session wonder"
- Bulimia in Brazil
- Joe resolves his Anorexia...and more
- Love, diligence and an eating disorder
- Michal describes what it is like to be free from an eating disorder
- Anger Management
Panic And Anxiety
Success in neutralizing unwanted memories without the client disclosing the content
Note: This is one of 3,000 articles written prior to the updated Gold Standard (Official) EFT Tapping Tutorial™. It provides practical uses for EFT Tapping and most EFT'ers should find it very helpful. However, if your benefits are temporary or a more in-depth approach is needed, you are urged to (1) consult The Gold Standard EFT Tapping Tutorial, (2) Explore our newest advancement, Optimal EFT, by reading our free e-book, The Unseen Therapist, and/or (3) get help from a Certified EFT Practitioner.
Tim Watts works successfully with his highly anxious client even though she does not want to disclose the details of certain memories. In psycho-speak this is known as "working without content" and is a desirable feature of EFT. Tim says, "We covered a lot of ground in this first session, despite her not wanting to tell me the details of what had happened in the two emotionally intense memories - we still got relief, even when asked to try and get those memories back again."
Emma (not real name) contacted me through the acupuncturist from whom I rent a treatment room. She had been suffering panic and anxiety attacks in various social situations. Upon arrival at her first session Emma came across as shy and not able to relax and be in the moment at all. Her attention seemed to wander many times, and she was unable to maintain any eye contact.
During the initial consultation, I explained the process of EFT and how it may work for her to reduce her anxiety by removing blocks within her energy system. Emma is aware of how the meridian system carries energy through the body.
She told me how she had closed herself off from her friends, was nervous in public situations, suffered constant anxiety (tension in her stomach) and was especially anxious first thing in the morning, with her stomach pain almost unbearable. Her current level of intensity for this feeling in her stomach was an 8 out of 10.
She explained that she had been in an abusive relationship for 4 years that is now over. It was clear to me that there were a lot of disturbances in her energy system from her drifting attention, and the red flushes across her face throughout the session.
Starting with the Tearless Trauma Technique I asked Emma to think of an incident that if she were to relive it, would cause her intense emotional discomfort. I tried to impress upon her that she needn't think deeply about the incident, but to place the memory or thought in a box on the chair which was at the other end of the room, and then to give the memory a name, as though it was a movie.
She named the movie "John and me" and when asked how intense the memory, if she were to relive it, would be 10 out of 10. We did 3 rounds of Even though I have this John and Me feeling…, with the reminder phrase This John and Me feeling. I even threw in a 9-Gamut too.
By the third round she seemed more relaxed and actually smiled at the end. I then asked her to take the memory from the box and go right back to the start of the movie, and whilst tapping thumb and forefinger together, begin to run through the movie in her head, stopping at any point where she felt the intensity of the memory increase, no matter how low.
I feel it is important to mention that she did not want to tell me what happened in the movie, during the session, and still we got relief from the traumatic memories. Each time Emma stopped, I asked her to attach a feeling to the particular aspect of the movie such as sadness, anger, frustration.
The first feeling was confused, then shocked, then angry. I left out using PR and the KC point, and still found that 3 rounds of "This confused John and me feeling" on each point lowered her level of intensity back to a 1 or less ... low enough to carry on through the movie. We continued this process all the way through to the end of the movie. Pausing, tapping on the aspect, deep breathing before moving forward, collapsing as we went.
After a brief pause I asked Emma to go right back to the start and repeat the process, this time vividly imagining the whole incident in full, whilst tapping thumb and forefinger. One aspect brought a little intensity, which was collapsed. I asked her to do the same again, running through the whole movie without tapping – and she reached a level of intensity of zero out of 10!
She reported feeling a sense of calm surrounding the movie. Fantastic! This was without even telling me the details of the memory. We did this for two Major incidents with exactly the same method (Tearless Trauma Technique, and The Movie Technique), with equal results, collapsing the intensity and replaying the memory as we went along.
We then moved onto general levels of anxiety surrounding friends, work and social events. She had told me that she couldn't stop worrying what other people thought of her. It was getting near the end of the session, so we set up with a general round of:
Even though I can't stop thinking about what others think of me…
Followed up with tapping on each of the points:
Eyebrow: Worried about what they think of me
Side of Eye: What ARE they thinking?
Under Eye: I hate these thoughts
Under Nose: It's a wonder I get anything done with all this time worrying about what they think of me (smile)
Chin: This paranoid feeling
Collarbone: This I feel SO stupid feeling (volunteered by Emma)
Under Arm: What DO they think of me?
Top of Head: This anxiety
We finished with positive statements such as:
I choose to feel relaxed … I love feeling happy and relaxed … I choose to feel calm … I appreciate feeling calm...
By this point we were both laughing, a wonderful indicator that progress was being made. I then asked her to access the same mental movies we worked on in the beginning of the session and after trying for a moment she said - "I can't", meaning she tried but just couldn’t bring them back up again.
We then moved on to an upcoming party that Emma was feeling anxious about, as she only knew one person (out of 8) there. We tapped the thumb and forefinger together as I asked her to tell me how she thought the party would go. We talked and tapped about her walking through the front door, sitting down to eat, meeting the others individually, speaking in front of them, making conversation - all the usual things one does at a party. Any time her anxiety increased, we simply tapped it using phrases such as "this making conversation and anxious feeling" until her level of intensity was down to a 1 or less.
By the end of this round, she reported feeling good about attending the party and we finished using positive statements much like those stated above for 5 rounds.
Emma then reported feeling tired, but calm so we finished the session with a few of Donna Eden's energy building exercises, the 3 thumps, the zip up and the adrenal flush. She left feeling happy and relaxed and we have booked a follow up session in two weeks.
We covered a lot of ground in this first session, despite her not wanting to tell me the details of what had happened in the two emotionally intense memories - we still got relief, even when asked to try and get those memories back again. To any newcomer, I urge you to continue to learn and practice, practice, practice! (Then show others)
In the words of Winston Churchill in a tribute to determination and the human spirit, "Never give in, never give in, never, never, never, never in nothing, great or small, large or petty never give in except to convictions of honor and good sense."
I gave Emma tapping homework to perform first thing in the morning, before lunch and before bed until we next meet. I also suggest she tap her thumb and forefinger together under the table at the dinner party she had planned. I'm not saying that we've completely resolved the traumas mentioned above, but I do feel we made enough head way to allow healing to occur, so that more work can be done in the next session.
FOR MORE EFT HELP ...
Explore our newest advancement, Optimal EFT, by reading our free e-book, The Unseen Therapist.