- Other Emotional Issues
- Anger Management
- Suppressed anger expelled via the stomach
- EFT for self righteous anger
- Getting over a gang rape--including a follow-up
- EFT alleviates horrendous self-hatred and rage
- Calming down Teddy, an emotionally disturbedboy
- EFT for anger underlying ALS
- Releasing anger at parents allowed healing of ulcerative colitis and headaches
- Anger in a homeless shelter
- A murderous rage is calmed with EFT
- Intuitional work with anger
- A First Class use of Surrogate EFT for Bill's anger and behavior issues
- EFT Transforms "hopping-mad" anger
- An unusual anger release
- Anger case history from a client
- EFT for workplace anger
- Josh: Building rapport with children--anger & behavior problems.
- EFT for anger helps both Ann and her angry husband--note the surrogate approach
- Unbearable hatred toward classmates
- Anger and Hostility are Proven to Damage Lungs; Simple Acupressure Technique Offers a Solution
- Brandon's Story--anger problem becomes history: (including an update at the end)
- EFT for deep seated anger
- EFT and severe mental illness--a murderous impulse
- An interesting approach to EFT and road rage
- Using EFT for on-the-spot "hopping mad" anger
- Surrogate EFT for fighting neighbors
- A client talks about her abusive childhood and her relief via EFT
- Resentments relieved 22 years after a poor birthing experience
- EFT resolves long term resentment
- The EFT Cooling Tower Technique for Letting off Steam
- Anger management approach for a polarity responder
- The cause of our anger isn't always as it appears
- A client resolves lifelong anger on her own
- Clearing anger and self loathing with EFT via introduction to inner child
- Stubborn anger issue falls to 0 with emphatic "say what you feel" wording.
- Road Rage and hives disappear in one session after getting to the core issue
- Press Release: Can a One-Minute Anger Management Technique Reduce Injury Risk and Chronic Illness?
- Releasing anger patterns with EFT
- The client who continually felt resentful
- Employee overcomes anger at supervisor
- Jonas uses EFT for deeper meditation - dangerous PSA reading is now only 0.4
- School Counselor on anger and tension,
- Getting behind a successful EFT anger case
- New Technique Helps Avoid Heart Damage by Diffusing Anger Within Marital Arguments
- Transgender person with abusive mother relieves rage with EFT
- Anger case--the urge to explode
- Even dropping the kids off at school provides tapping opportunities - an anger issue
- Using EFT to self-calm an intense anger tantrum
- Useful thoughts on anger by Stewart Robertson
- Football Star Uses New Acupressure Technique to Calm his Road Rage -- No Drugs Needed
- Louella: Depression, pesticides and low blood sugar
- A successful but involved depression case--"I don't want to tell you how well I'm doing"
- EFT resolves 12 years of postnatal depression
- What was REALLY causing Anne's depression?
- EFT student eases his wife's suicidal thoughts
- Maggie eliminates her own depression
- Surrogate tapping and its effect on depression.
- Persistent EFT by Email on depression, anger and anxiety
- Cross dressing, sexuality and depression
- Long term severe depression gone in ten minutes
- Jaqui Crooks used EFT to overcome her Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD)
- Was it really a manic/depressive disorder?
- A textbook depression case--a "one minute wonder" complete with belief changes
- Approaching Depression with the Tearless Trauma Technique
- After 15 years of therapy, including shock therapy, EFT helps release depression
- A case that didn't work--and some suggestions
- A first class look at using EFT for a complex case - depression, guilt, grief and abandonment
- A mis-diagnosed manic/depressive disorder
- Depression with numerous underlying issues
- Major results for anxiety, depression and social issues from one thorough EFT session and consistent EFT "homework"
- Success with a skeptical, depressed scientist - follow up included
- Depression, low self esteem and childhood traumas
- Persistence and a challenging case - Incest, abuse, depression, anxiety attacks, nightmares and flashbacks
- A non-therapist does superb work on depression--including her own.
- Newbie uses EFT on depression, allergic reactions and more
- Hair loss and facial blemishes fade after EFT relieves important emotional issues -- Depression too!
- Adrienne, a physician
- Gary discusses depression and some new ideas
- EFT on personal depression--"I was angry at myself"
- Press Release: New Method for Depression Often Works When Nothing Else Will
- 30+ years of depression gone in 2 minutes
- EFT saves a life by rapidly resolving suicidal depression
- Depression and confusion about God
- Depression related to guilt
- When depression comes from a related issue
- Depression Drugs and Migraine Drugs Don't Always Do The Job
- Dr. Patricia Carrington on depression--a detailed discussion, including meds
- Depression, height phobia and claustrophobia eliminated in one session
- An intimate look at Depression
- EFT instead of shock treatments?
- From depressed and suicidal ... to ... "I laugh all the time
- Depression on Death Row
- EFT Newcomer eliminates his own deep depression and anxiety disorder
- Panic And Anxiety
- Successful surrogate tapping for surgery anxiety
- Overcoming Test Anxiety with New Drug-Free Technique: 80% Success Rate
- Getting to the core of "Mark's" anxiety
- Anxiety related to atrial fibrillation is calmed with EFT
- Performance anxiety at a music camp
- EFT brings relief for trauma, anxiety, and an overactive bladder, all in less than an hour
- Test anxiety
- Using EFT for Social Anxiety Disorder
- Two surrogate tapping cases: Dental anxiety and severe stomach ache
- Persistence and Panic Attacks - Quality results on a stubborn issue
- Husband relieves wife of major panic attack
- EFT for overeating and panic attacks
- Relief for another stress related cough
- Gayla uses EFT for panic
- Travel Anxiety--using the Tell the Story Technique
- Febrile convulsions and related panic attacks subside--not one attack in the two years since she learned to use EFT
- A Quality "How To Do It" Session for Fear and Anxiety
- Panic Attacks: Getting behind the thought process
- Current "in your face" anxiety and stress case
- EFT newcomer rids himself of social anxiety
- Detective work crucial in relief for panic attacks
- Using EFT for panic when nobody is around
- New Method for Treating Anxiety Works When Conventional Treatments Fail
- Clearing social anxiety with EFT
- Anxiety and the fear of being alone
- Diagnosed as a schizophrenic, Gregoire had anxiety, stress and insomnia
- Medical school test anxiety--from C's and D's to A's and B's
- EFT makes good progress with panic, agoraphobia and feeling like a failure
- Sports anxiety, heat sensitivity, being away from home, loneliness, fear of insects.
- Combining EFT with the Inner Theater approach for panic attacks
- Testing your EFT work: Feeling trapped and panic attacks
- Detective work provides help for an anxiety disorder
- EFT student uses tapping to immediately calm down after a major car accident
- Using EFT for a client who feels out of control.
- Success story with 10 day anxiety attack
- Stress related cough cured
- 20 year old abduction anxiety calmed with EFT
- EFT on a case of extreme separation anxiety in a dog and the importance of Core Issues for Animals
- Collapsing a client's anxiety from the 9/11 disaster--with 4 year follow-up
- EFT Newbie resolves her own major trip anxiety
- Study Shows Simple Drug-Free Acupressure Technique Reduces Dental Anxiety
- Anxiety, eating and more
- Imagination tapping on the finger points reduces stress level to zero
- Newcomer uses EFT to collapse his own panic-attacks and writes letter to "Quackwatch"
- One EFT round with Deborah's daughter relieves performance anxiety
- Surgery anxiety and EFT
- EFT helps adult learners overcome school and math anxiety
- Who Would Have Thought That Acupressure Could Relieve Social Anxiety Better Than Drugs or Therapy?
- Panic attacks and heart palpitations subside after doing EFT on dreams
- Courtroom anxiety AND anxiety about calling employers
- Success in neutralizing unwanted memories without the client disclosing the content
- Panic attacks and fear of darkness
- A detailed panic attack case
- Eric Robins, MD and Lisa Cox on surgery anxieties
- Severe anxiety client has his life back
- Surgeon Uses New Acupressure Technique to Lower Surgery Risk
- Daddy left me. Will my new boyfriend leave me too?
- Daily tapping for Panic Attacks
- One EFT phone session resolves driving test anxiety -- and the benefits expand
- Performance anxiety and many aspects
- Addressing Generalized Anxiety Disorder by aiming EFT at specific events
- Non-therapist relieves stress in the form of a temper tantrum
- EFT for panic attacks
- OCD (Obsessive Compulsive Disorder)
- EFT may be a great relief to grief-stricken nurses who lose patients
- Fresh grief and a double benefit.
- Grief changes to smiles
- Attorney helps client by using EFT for long term unresolved grief
- A grief case with many aspects
- Uncontrollable grief resolved with EFT
- Freedom from grief in only 15 minutes
- Relieving grief over the death of Higgins the dog
- When certain music triggers grief and sadness
- EFT eliminates unnecessary grief emotions and softens the grieving process - includes 2 month follow up
- Using EFT for Bereavement
- EFT turns grief into beauty
- Community relief from grief with EFT
- EFT brings healing to a whole family while one woman heals her grief
- EFT for grief and pet loss
- This new Widow was helped in many ways by EFT
- EFT for pain and grief for a birth mother who wasn't allowed to see her child -- a touching story with a happy ending
- Getting to important emotions by doing EFT while looking in the mirror
- Tapping through grief leads to incredible insight and relief
- EFT setup statements for grief
- An easy grief case with an aspect that showed up later
- Imaginary tapping sends grief away
- EFT for love pain
- Shared tapping provides benefits for relationship issues
- EFT Instead of the psych ward after a relationship breaks up
- Taking relationships work to a new level--The Odd Couple
- EFT and meditation for a broken heart
- EFT heals a broken heart in rapid time
- Using EFT to improve a relationship
- EFT, One Minute Wonders and Opening to Love
- EFT by telephone smoothes out a tense family reunion
- Insights into picking up another person
- Interesting way to use EFT & Tappy Bear for a broken heart
- Relationships, EFT and Spirituality
- Improve relationships by Tapping in the Positive
- Using EFT for relationship issues--a detailed case
- Tapping on relationship issues
- Tapping into a state of Love
- EFT resolves a 10 year heartbreak
- "I didn't like kissing my wife after she drank coffee."
- Jack improves his relationship with his grandson using surrogate EFT
- Addressing relationship and family issues by tapping on photographs
- How clearing an intense cough led to improved family relationships--an EFT two-for-one EFT benefit
- MD introduces an innovative idea that brings relief for stubborn relationship issue
- Finding the love you want by healing the inner child
- Relationship Issue: "My husband was being a jerk"
- Using EFT to prepare for a difficult encounter
- EFT is instrumental in bringing a couple back together
- Relationships - on "Being Right"
- Instant relationship fix?
- Relationship issue: A humorous approach
- What holds you back from your lover?
- Combining role playing with EFT for relationships and other issues
- Using EFT for a Broken Heart
- The Healing Power of Forgiveness
- Love, Intuition, Patience and EFT help a schizophrenic 15 year old.
- EFT for Couples
- Retired Stanford professor fixes his wife's computer with EFT
- Relationship success after finding core issue
- EFT to heal family relationships
- Using EFT on "blocking thoughts" to good relationships
- Surrogate EFT heals a broken heart for a 16 year old boy
- Writing a letter
- Reframes (seeing things differently) for guilt, shame and sorrow
- Restless leg syndrome linked to guilt - 20 years of restlessness gone in 2 sessions
- How to reduce guilt via an EFT "Tapping Circle" -- keeping privacy for everyone
- The "Tapping the System" Technique
- The Rolling EFT process
- Using EFT for unnecessary guilt - Did EFT get someone's husband to cook dinner?
- How Guilt and Shame Block the Law of Attraction
- Stubborn guilt finally subsides after doing a search on our website and DVDs for ideas
- EFT and infertility
- A bout of cystitis turns out to be a bout of guilt
- Psychotherapy Dramatically Improved By New 'Acupuncture Without Needles' Technique
- New Acupressure Discovery Reduces Stress 4 Ways: 80% Success Rate
- Many Stressed Women Abandon Healthy Lifestyle Habits: Simple Acupressure Technique Offers a Solution
- To Physicians: New Discoveries in Acupressure Promise Everything From Alertness to Pain and Stress Management
- A new do-it-yourself approach to acupressure alleviates stress and, in turn neutralizes cold, flu an
- Eating Disorders
- Two Year Bulimia Problem Gets Major Assist in One Hour
- A Bulimia "one session wonder"
- Bulimia in Brazil
- "Acceptance Tapping" - A powerful EFT treatment variation for severe compulsive disorders and bulimia.
- Joe resolves his Anorexia...and more
- Love, diligence and an eating disorder
- Michal describes what it is like to be free from an eating disorder
- Anger Management
Other Emotional Issues
Newbie uses EFT on depression, allergic reactions and more
Note: This is one of 3,000 articles written prior to the updated Gold Standard (Official) EFT Tapping Tutorial™. It provides practical uses for EFT Tapping and most EFT'ers should find it very helpful. However, if your benefits are temporary or a more in-depth approach is needed, you are urged to (1) consult The Gold Standard EFT Tapping Tutorial, (2) Explore our newest advancement, Optimal EFT, by reading our free e-book, The Unseen Therapist, and/or (3) get help from a Certified EFT Practitioner.
In recent times I been corresponding with Angela Treat Lyon, an EFT newbie from New Zealand. As you can tell from her letter below she has been diligently using EFT on herself with remarkable success on a wide variety of issues. At the end she details some of her healthy self-realizations which, of course, are typical of the cognitive shifts and belief changes that come about with EFT.
This letter should be particularly useful for EFT'ers to give to skeptical newbies. It provides impressive evidence of EFT's possibilities and carries additional weight because it comes from another newbie--a peer, if you will.
First I want to say how grateful I am that you have found (evolved, discovered, hit upon - ???) the EFT process. It has been an absolutely amazing journey over the past month that I have been using the technique - I can tell you my life has changed so radically it blows me away - my attitude is so great even I notice it! After almost 40 years of depression that's a big one -
I'm an American artist living in New Zealand, currently in the position of Artist in Residence at the local museum art gallery. I've spent a lifetime in the realm of art, developing sculpture and painting to the point that I finally can say something of what I feel through them. I am also an ordained minister and life coach, and I have trained in the metaphysical and healing arts, from rebirthing and past life regression to hypnotherapy, Druid Dreaming and channeling to Philipino psychic surgery, esoteric HUNA and other ethnic studies, Holographic Repatterning, Brain Balancing and Neural Integration, NLP, the Avatar courses, as well as various communication and mediation skills and techniques.
I mention all this in order to say that, in all my life, with all the various discipline and modalities I have studied, esoteric or not, EFT is the one technique I have gotten the very most out of in the very shortest time. I am awestruck.
So I thought I'd write and tell you about a few very striking breakthroughs I have experienced in only the past 3 weeks -
1) I have had some of the most horrendous experiences at the dentist - from experiencing the shock of having had the wrong tooth pulled out to multiple root canals done all at once with ineffective novacain to sexual abuse in the chair when I was a young girl. Needless to say, it has been a bit of a struggle to get myself to the dentist for anything at all.
I lost a filling 2 years ago - I finally made up my mind to have it taken care of last week. That's how bad it was - I just DID NOT want to go.
I couldn't get to sleep the night before I was to go - lying in bed sweating, heart beating, not able to breathe - in such a state of panic, in fact, that I forgot about EFT, which I had been assiduously applying to every other aspect of my life for the last 3 weeks since I had learned about it.
Finally, at 3 a.m., my mind cleared enough that I remembered EFT, and I did about five rounds of "even though...."s: I can't remember what to say, I don't know what to say, I'm panicking, I can't sleep, and I'm never safe in the world.
After that last one, which seemed like the root issue, I slept soundly and got up at 8 with no feeling of having lost hours of sleep and energy to panic whatsoever.
Everything went well until he appeared with the Long Needle. My heart flew out of my mouth and ran out down the street, with my mind right after it - I was a quivering blob of jelly in the chair, mindless and feeling like I was about to die. All my being knew was that here was a man who was traumatizing and attacking me, and I was trapped in this chair. My mouth was frozen open with a constricted gag at the back of my throat. My hands were so tight on the arms of the chair I was surprised I didn't break them off.
BUT - this time I remembered there was something I could do, even though that was all I knew - I once again couldn't remember what to do or say, and I thrashed about with what was left of my mind until I finally, in desperation, said quite loudly (internally that is), "I can't remember what to say, YOU do it."
And it did. Whatever IT is, it did it. In 2 seconds flat, I was calm as could be, my mind was back, serene and calm, and my heart had returned to its normal place within my chest, at a normal heart rate. I was astounded. From that moment on, the rest of the visit was fine, no more trauma, no more pain or perceived about-to-be pain. At all.
GC COMMENT: This is a first class example of doing EFT with intention only (no tapping). This can be a very useful tool in some circumstances. Please note below the important cognitive that accompanied this "round" of EFT.
ANGELA CONTINUES: And what is really cool is that the perceived trauma and attack ideas were gone, replaced with a complete reframe, that "this man is actually doing me a service."
2) Another experience concerns allergic reaction. I had a near-fatal bout with heavy metals starting 12 years ago that took several years to work itself out. The cleansing process was intense and very painful, and eventually included the purging of material from vaccinations and environmental poisons that I had been exposed to over the years as well as the metals (cadmium, mostly - I was told it was from 2nd hand smoke - my parents smoked like chimneys). My kidneys took a beating, as did my liver and adrenals, and as a consequence, I still break out in terrible rashes if I eat or even smell certain substances or foods (like tomatoes, potatoes, or wheat, or modern perfumes, hairspray, enamel paints or gasoline fumes).
This time, I had had a little wheat that was in a soup a friend had made. In the middle of the night I awoke to swollen, burning, histamine-filled, rash-covered hands. The rash itches so terribly that they MUST be scratched or insanity is soon to follow. But then, if you scratch enough to relieve it, it suddenly stings like crazy, even bleeds, and the next day the hands and/or feet are swollen to the point of being balloons affixed to the ends of the arms, useless and painful for a minimum of three days.
This time, remembering my dentist experience, I was prepared! I said, even though I am having this reaction, I.... and so on - it only took about 6 rounds before I could actually feel the swelling start to go down. I did about 10 rounds in all, covering some lingering stuff and the swelling went down, the itch completely subsided, and I went right back to sleep.
3) Today as I was painting our front door with enamel paint, the swelling and itching tried to come, and I immediately started EFT by saying, "even though I am painting with this enamel paint and am afraid I will react, I ...." and within about a minute it was gone.
This is such a fabulous thing. I can't tell you the hours I have spent dealing with hands and feet too swollen to even think about using them, much less wanting to feel them. Hours crying and frustrated and in pain. Having to avoid favorite foods, having to ask friends to not to use wheat, sugar, dairy, etc. in any food they gave me. Having to avoid fumes and paints and such. I even lost a friend because her perfume was so strong it literally made me choke - I gagged every time I was around her. Bummer.
Having this amazing tool doesn't mean not be careful, by any means, but it does mean I can deal with what comes to me. The feeling of helpless/hopeless has left, the life-long depression has almost gone, the hatred for my life is gone and there is a new horizon in front of me where there was darkness and an angry, sad, constricted future before.
When I first started using EFT, my mind was so foggy that I couldn't remember much of the protocol past the PR stage. I'd get to the end of it, and then forget what I was doing. Eventually I just did the chest-tap with the even-though statements. (finally I figured out that I could tap for remembering the statements....)
That alone was enough - it got me present and dealing with Now, and it allowed me to go deeper and deeper to get at the yeah-buts. And it has allowed me to really - REALLY - accept me. As I am, here and now, no-one else's opinion matters.
I had to fight with it - I didn't want to accept myself, I couldn't, I hated myself, I hated myself hating myself, and so on - but at the end a wave of something light and soft went through me and all that fight was gone. And the constant fogginess is being replaced with clarity. (That alone would be worth the whole thing. After years of people telling me I ought to take drugs for the depression, now I can say I'm so very glad I didn't.)
What's happening now is that when I get to the end of a hard issue, there is a new thing that happens. Here's a good one to illustrate:
Tonight I was looking at how I have hidden out behind my artwork since I was a kid and I realized it was that I felt unimportant to my family. I think I most likely started hiding behind it to give myself something to do, something in which to be involved to be able to say I'm busy when I want to be left alone (and too hurt to ask for inclusion), and something to say hey look at this, aren't I good? Aren't I important to you? Don't you love me?
Hard to admit that to myself. When I realized that I was of no importance to them I cried and cried. Then I tapped on it - only the chest PR points - I couldn't get myself to do the full round - but it only took two rounds of "even though I am devastated that I am of no importance to my family" to go from a 10 to a 0. At the end of the session I finally got to the place where I could say, hey! I'm bloody 56 years old! Do I REALLY NEED their approval??????
Now here's what is new: when I got to zero, there was such a lightness and calm sense of space and possibility inside and all around me that I lay there just feeling it - it was an expansion, a fillingness, a lightness, a NEWness that I had never felt before. THIS is what I have been waiting for for how long? THIS is what freedom is: a completely new awareness of self and possibility in self that had never before existed or been available, a brand new state of mind.
I believe it really is true what Harry Palmer, the creator of the Avatar course, says: All possibilities of reality exist simultaneously. Imagine what we can be, do and have when we realize that we truly are creating our reality, our experience, at every moment, at every choice. Imagine how easy it really is to slip from one reality to the next, just by making the choice to choose, to be present and to converse with what is happening inside ourselves at the very moment we would ordinarily slip into Old Pattern. Awesome.
EFT is awesome. I bless you and thank you for it every day.
Love to you -
Angela Treat Lyon
P.S. A few days ago I did a setup that included Pat Carrington's choice statement setup - even though I am experiencing a reaction (I didn't know to what), I deeply and...., and I CHOOSE to experience radiant, optimum health from now on. I haven't had one break out or rash or puffy eys since. Awesome.
Now to work on the "starving artist" syndrome -
FOR MORE EFT HELP ...
Explore our newest advancement, Optimal EFT, by reading our free e-book, The Unseen Therapist.