- Other Emotional Issues
- Anger Management
- Getting over a gang rape--including a follow-up
- EFT alleviates horrendous self-hatred and rage
- Calming down Teddy, an emotionally disturbedboy
- EFT for anger underlying ALS
- Releasing anger at parents allowed healing of ulcerative colitis and headaches
- Suppressed anger expelled via the stomach
- EFT for self righteous anger
- Intuitional work with anger
- A First Class use of Surrogate EFT for Bill's anger and behavior issues
- EFT Transforms "hopping-mad" anger
- An unusual anger release
- Anger in a homeless shelter
- A murderous rage is calmed with EFT
- Anger case history from a client
- EFT for workplace anger
- Josh: Building rapport with children--anger & behavior problems.
- EFT for anger helps both Ann and her angry husband--note the surrogate approach
- Unbearable hatred toward classmates
- Anger and Hostility are Proven to Damage Lungs; Simple Acupressure Technique Offers a Solution
- Brandon's Story--anger problem becomes history: (including an update at the end)
- EFT for deep seated anger
- EFT and severe mental illness--a murderous impulse
- An interesting approach to EFT and road rage
- Using EFT for on-the-spot "hopping mad" anger
- Surrogate EFT for fighting neighbors
- A client talks about her abusive childhood and her relief via EFT
- Resentments relieved 22 years after a poor birthing experience
- EFT resolves long term resentment
- The EFT Cooling Tower Technique for Letting off Steam
- Anger management approach for a polarity responder
- The cause of our anger isn't always as it appears
- A client resolves lifelong anger on her own
- Clearing anger and self loathing with EFT via introduction to inner child
- Stubborn anger issue falls to 0 with emphatic "say what you feel" wording.
- Road Rage and hives disappear in one session after getting to the core issue
- Press Release: Can a One-Minute Anger Management Technique Reduce Injury Risk and Chronic Illness?
- Releasing anger patterns with EFT
- Employee overcomes anger at supervisor
- Jonas uses EFT for deeper meditation - dangerous PSA reading is now only 0.4
- School Counselor on anger and tension,
- Getting behind a successful EFT anger case
- New Technique Helps Avoid Heart Damage by Diffusing Anger Within Marital Arguments
- The client who continually felt resentful
- Anger case--the urge to explode
- Even dropping the kids off at school provides tapping opportunities - an anger issue
- Using EFT to self-calm an intense anger tantrum
- Useful thoughts on anger by Stewart Robertson
- Football Star Uses New Acupressure Technique to Calm his Road Rage -- No Drugs Needed
- Transgender person with abusive mother relieves rage with EFT
- A successful but involved depression case--"I don't want to tell you how well I'm doing"
- EFT resolves 12 years of postnatal depression
- What was REALLY causing Anne's depression?
- EFT student eases his wife's suicidal thoughts
- Louella: Depression, pesticides and low blood sugar
- Maggie eliminates her own depression
- Surrogate tapping and its effect on depression.
- Persistent EFT by Email on depression, anger and anxiety
- Cross dressing, sexuality and depression
- Long term severe depression gone in ten minutes
- Jaqui Crooks used EFT to overcome her Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD)
- Was it really a manic/depressive disorder?
- A textbook depression case--a "one minute wonder" complete with belief changes
- Approaching Depression with the Tearless Trauma Technique
- After 15 years of therapy, including shock therapy, EFT helps release depression
- A case that didn't work--and some suggestions
- A first class look at using EFT for a complex case - depression, guilt, grief and abandonment
- A mis-diagnosed manic/depressive disorder
- Depression with numerous underlying issues
- Major results for anxiety, depression and social issues from one thorough EFT session and consistent EFT "homework"
- Success with a skeptical, depressed scientist - follow up included
- Depression, low self esteem and childhood traumas
- Persistence and a challenging case - Incest, abuse, depression, anxiety attacks, nightmares and flashbacks
- A non-therapist does superb work on depression--including her own.
- Newbie uses EFT on depression, allergic reactions and more
- Hair loss and facial blemishes fade after EFT relieves important emotional issues -- Depression too!
- Adrienne, a physician
- Gary discusses depression and some new ideas
- EFT on personal depression--"I was angry at myself"
- Press Release: New Method for Depression Often Works When Nothing Else Will
- 30+ years of depression gone in 2 minutes
- EFT saves a life by rapidly resolving suicidal depression
- Depression and confusion about God
- When depression comes from a related issue
- Depression Drugs and Migraine Drugs Don't Always Do The Job
- Dr. Patricia Carrington on depression--a detailed discussion, including meds
- Depression, height phobia and claustrophobia eliminated in one session
- Depression related to guilt
- EFT instead of shock treatments?
- From depressed and suicidal ... to ... "I laugh all the time
- Depression on Death Row
- EFT Newcomer eliminates his own deep depression and anxiety disorder
- An intimate look at Depression
- Panic And Anxiety
- Persistence and Panic Attacks - Quality results on a stubborn issue
- Getting to the core of "Mark's" anxiety
- EFT for overeating and panic attacks
- Performance anxiety at a music camp
- Gayla uses EFT for panic
- Travel Anxiety--using the Tell the Story Technique
- Febrile convulsions and related panic attacks subside--not one attack in the two years since she learned to use EFT
- Successful surrogate tapping for surgery anxiety
- Two surrogate tapping cases: Dental anxiety and severe stomach ache
- Panic Attacks: Getting behind the thought process
- Husband relieves wife of major panic attack
- EFT newcomer rids himself of social anxiety
- Relief for another stress related cough
- Using EFT for panic when nobody is around
- New Method for Treating Anxiety Works When Conventional Treatments Fail
- Clearing social anxiety with EFT
- A Quality "How To Do It" Session for Fear and Anxiety
- Diagnosed as a schizophrenic, Gregoire had anxiety, stress and insomnia
- Current "in your face" anxiety and stress case
- EFT makes good progress with panic, agoraphobia and feeling like a failure
- Detective work crucial in relief for panic attacks
- Combining EFT with the Inner Theater approach for panic attacks
- Testing your EFT work: Feeling trapped and panic attacks
- Anxiety and the fear of being alone
- EFT student uses tapping to immediately calm down after a major car accident
- Medical school test anxiety--from C's and D's to A's and B's
- Success story with 10 day anxiety attack
- Sports anxiety, heat sensitivity, being away from home, loneliness, fear of insects.
- 20 year old abduction anxiety calmed with EFT
- Collapsing a client's anxiety from the 9/11 disaster--with 4 year follow-up
- Detective work provides help for an anxiety disorder
- Imagination tapping on the finger points reduces stress level to zero
- Using EFT for a client who feels out of control.
- One EFT round with Deborah's daughter relieves performance anxiety
- Surgery anxiety and EFT
- EFT helps adult learners overcome school and math anxiety
- EFT on a case of extreme separation anxiety in a dog and the importance of Core Issues for Animals
- Study Shows Simple Drug-Free Acupressure Technique Reduces Dental Anxiety
- Anxiety, eating and more
- Success in neutralizing unwanted memories without the client disclosing the content
- Newcomer uses EFT to collapse his own panic-attacks and writes letter to "Quackwatch"
- A detailed panic attack case
- Eric Robins, MD and Lisa Cox on surgery anxieties
- Severe anxiety client has his life back
- EFT Newbie resolves her own major trip anxiety
- Panic attacks and heart palpitations subside after doing EFT on dreams
- Courtroom anxiety AND anxiety about calling employers
- One EFT phone session resolves driving test anxiety -- and the benefits expand
- Panic attacks and fear of darkness
- Addressing Generalized Anxiety Disorder by aiming EFT at specific events
- Non-therapist relieves stress in the form of a temper tantrum
- EFT for panic attacks
- Who Would Have Thought That Acupressure Could Relieve Social Anxiety Better Than Drugs or Therapy?
- Daddy left me. Will my new boyfriend leave me too?
- Daily tapping for Panic Attacks
- Anxiety related to atrial fibrillation is calmed with EFT
- Performance anxiety and many aspects
- EFT brings relief for trauma, anxiety, and an overactive bladder, all in less than an hour
- Test anxiety
- Using EFT for Social Anxiety Disorder
- Surgeon Uses New Acupressure Technique to Lower Surgery Risk
- Overcoming Test Anxiety with New Drug-Free Technique: 80% Success Rate
- OCD (Obsessive Compulsive Disorder)
- Attorney helps client by using EFT for long term unresolved grief
- A grief case with many aspects
- Uncontrollable grief resolved with EFT
- Freedom from grief in only 15 minutes
- Relieving grief over the death of Higgins the dog
- When certain music triggers grief and sadness
- EFT eliminates unnecessary grief emotions and softens the grieving process - includes 2 month follow up
- Using EFT for Bereavement
- EFT turns grief into beauty
- EFT brings healing to a whole family while one woman heals her grief
- Community relief from grief with EFT
- This new Widow was helped in many ways by EFT
- EFT for grief and pet loss
- Getting to important emotions by doing EFT while looking in the mirror
- Tapping through grief leads to incredible insight and relief
- EFT for pain and grief for a birth mother who wasn't allowed to see her child -- a touching story with a happy ending
- An easy grief case with an aspect that showed up later
- Imaginary tapping sends grief away
- EFT setup statements for grief
- Fresh grief and a double benefit.
- Grief changes to smiles
- EFT may be a great relief to grief-stricken nurses who lose patients
- EFT heals a broken heart in rapid time
- Using EFT to improve a relationship
- EFT, One Minute Wonders and Opening to Love
- EFT by telephone smoothes out a tense family reunion
- Insights into picking up another person
- Interesting way to use EFT & Tappy Bear for a broken heart
- Relationships, EFT and Spirituality
- Improve relationships by Tapping in the Positive
- Using EFT for relationship issues--a detailed case
- Tapping on relationship issues
- EFT resolves a 10 year heartbreak
- "I didn't like kissing my wife after she drank coffee."
- Jack improves his relationship with his grandson using surrogate EFT
- Addressing relationship and family issues by tapping on photographs
- Tapping into a state of Love
- MD introduces an innovative idea that brings relief for stubborn relationship issue
- Finding the love you want by healing the inner child
- Relationship Issue: "My husband was being a jerk"
- Using EFT to prepare for a difficult encounter
- How clearing an intense cough led to improved family relationships--an EFT two-for-one EFT benefit
- Relationships - on "Being Right"
- Instant relationship fix?
- Relationship issue: A humorous approach
- What holds you back from your lover?
- EFT is instrumental in bringing a couple back together
- Using EFT for a Broken Heart
- The Healing Power of Forgiveness
- Love, Intuition, Patience and EFT help a schizophrenic 15 year old.
- EFT for Couples
- Combining role playing with EFT for relationships and other issues
- Relationship success after finding core issue
- EFT to heal family relationships
- Using EFT on "blocking thoughts" to good relationships
- Surrogate EFT heals a broken heart for a 16 year old boy
- Retired Stanford professor fixes his wife's computer with EFT
- EFT for love pain
- Shared tapping provides benefits for relationship issues
- EFT Instead of the psych ward after a relationship breaks up
- Taking relationships work to a new level--The Odd Couple
- EFT and meditation for a broken heart
- Reframes (seeing things differently) for guilt, shame and sorrow
- Restless leg syndrome linked to guilt - 20 years of restlessness gone in 2 sessions
- How to reduce guilt via an EFT "Tapping Circle" -- keeping privacy for everyone
- The "Tapping the System" Technique
- The Rolling EFT process
- Using EFT for unnecessary guilt - Did EFT get someone's husband to cook dinner?
- How Guilt and Shame Block the Law of Attraction
- Stubborn guilt finally subsides after doing a search on our website and DVDs for ideas
- EFT and infertility
- A bout of cystitis turns out to be a bout of guilt
- Writing a letter
- New Acupressure Discovery Reduces Stress 4 Ways: 80% Success Rate
- Many Stressed Women Abandon Healthy Lifestyle Habits: Simple Acupressure Technique Offers a Solution
- To Physicians: New Discoveries in Acupressure Promise Everything From Alertness to Pain and Stress Management
- A new do-it-yourself approach to acupressure alleviates stress and, in turn neutralizes cold, flu an
- Psychotherapy Dramatically Improved By New 'Acupuncture Without Needles' Technique
- Eating Disorders
- Two Year Bulimia Problem Gets Major Assist in One Hour
- A Bulimia "one session wonder"
- Bulimia in Brazil
- "Acceptance Tapping" - A powerful EFT treatment variation for severe compulsive disorders and bulimia.
- Joe resolves his Anorexia...and more
- Love, diligence and an eating disorder
- Michal describes what it is like to be free from an eating disorder
- Anger Management
Table of Contents Help
The tabs on the right are shortcuts to where you have been:
- Previous Screen
- Previous Articles
- Previous Categories
- Start Page
- Hide Entire Menu
Swiping to the left will take you to the previous screen.
The folder icon indicates that more content is available. Click on the icon or the associated text, or swipe to the right to see the additional content.
Other Emotional Issues
Brandon's Story--anger problem becomes history: (including an update at the end)
Note: This is one of 3,000 articles written prior to the updated Gold Standard (Official) EFT Tapping Tutorial™. As a result, it is likely outdated. It provides practical uses for EFT Tapping but you should also explore our newest advancement, Optimal EFT, by reading our free e-book, The Unseen Therapist™, and/or get help from a Certified EFT Practitioner.
Ann Adams shares with us this touching story of "Brandon." Copy this one. It is ideal to give to parents and teachers that must deal with "unruly children."
P.S. A thank you to Shari Snow whose work made this story possible.
Sometimes our very best teachers are the children. The following story is certainly one of those 'a little child shall lead them' varieties. This seven year old not only proselytizes for tapping but has also written his own testimonial. My thanks go to Shari Snow who currently volunteers in a school setting in Lexington, NC, for sharing her work with 'Brandon'.
The first day Shari met Brandon she was told he was headed for a self contained class for students with emotional/behavioral problems. Brandon had experience difficulty since the day he entered school 2.5 years ago. He was considered "at-risk" before entering school.
During the current school year there had not been a day that he had not been sent to the principal's office. This day he had just trashed his classroom and was working on trashing the principal's office in anger. He continued to throw things as Shari talked to him about why he was so mad. When he realized she 'got it', and stopped a moment to breathe, Shari stretched out her hands and asked him to show how angry he was with his hands. He stretched them out as far as he could (indicating maximum anger). [Ann's Note: Without good rapport you get nowhere. The child must see you as different from the other lecturing adults in his or her environment.]
Shari sat down on the floor in the office and said, "This looks really silly but just do what I am doing." Brandon stopped the 'tantrum', sat down, and began to follow the tapping. She tapped with him one round before adding a set up statement for the second round: "Even though I am really mad and nobody will listen to me, I am still a really good kid who people should listen to."
Two rounds later, when asked how angry he was, Brandon put his hands together (indicating little or no anger). The school counselor watching this transformation could not believe it. She described it as "watching the anger melt away". Brandon and Shari talked some more about the issue that caused the outburst and then, together, they made a plan for the future. When it was time for Brandon to return to class, he asked, "Can I tap at home when I get mad too?" This child understood the power of this process in 5 minutes! He 'got it' quickly and made it a part of his life.
Shari writes: "Brandon is now a seven year old ambassador of energy therapies. He is tapping on his own and is showing classmates how to tap. He has people around him interested and looking for more information. He is teaching me lessons on how to 'get the message' across. He has opened doors I did not expect to open in the conservative rural community I live in. This little guy deserves ALL OF THE CREDIT. Me? I got lucky - what a wonderful teacher to learn from."
Brandon has not been back to the principal's office. Several weeks after the first tapping experience Brandon told Shari he was "ready to tell the story for my friends." In the words of a seven year old, here is Brandon's version of using energy therapies.
THE TAPPING STUFF
By Brandon (as told to Ms. S)
It makes the bad stuff not hurt as much.
They look at me funny. But now they know why I do it.
My friend got over his dog dying by tapping.
I showed him how to help his heart.
He told his mom to do it and she thought it was stupid.
I told him to do it anyways, just not let her see it.
He made his hands get smaller when Ms. S helped him
Ms. Lin (the counselor) reminds me to tap when I am mad.
I can tap in my classroom or ask to go see Ms. Lin.
I am teaching Ms. Lin how to tap.
She likes to tap by her nose. I like my forehead.
I like school now because I am good.
I got a treat from the principal for being good.
I never did that before.
My teachers did not like me because I was bad.
I think my teacher likes me now that I am good.
I think that is enough.
Oh yeah- I do the tapping at home when Nanna yells at me.
Shari writes that "In six weeks time, this child can say - I like school now because I am good! His teacher insists that it is a miracle - I insist it is a very powerful message in the worth of all souls - regardless."
Great work Shari! And hugs to all the Brandon's of the world.
Ann Adams just send me this update From Shari Snow on "Brandon," the anger laden child who was written up on this list a few days ago. This is a remarkable story that needs to be shared with school personnel, parents and anyone else dealing with emotionally disadvantaged children.
The area students began their spring break on Thursday. I went to check on Brandon and found out he had been sent home early due to a discipline "issue". I was crushed until I heard the whole story.
It seems his teacher had been out all week and they had gone through 3 different substitutes. On Wednesday, the teacher assistant was also out, putting two subs in the classroom. Both subs knew the "old" Brandon and assumed the worst. Brandon was involved in a verbal confrontation with another student. When the "teacher/sub" intervened, Brandon asked to go see Ms. Lin (the counselor) so that he could "tap". The substitute did not understand and Brandon was "unable to explain himself because he was mad". The sub told him to go sit down and Brandon crawled under the teachers desk and began to tap - he refused to get out from under the desk until he was calm. The sub said she just left him "because it was easier than fighting with him".
When Brandon rejoined the class he was calm and did great until lunch when child he had the verbal disagreement with hit him in the lunch line. According to the sub, this had been going on all week - Brandon turned around and laid the kid out. He then walked to the office, sat down in a corner and began to tap. The secretary said he kept saying - "I am a good kid and other kids should treat me like one" - while he tapped.
Both boys parents were called. They could not find Brandon's guardian, but the other child's mother arrived full of steam. She apparently started to lay into Brandon - he stood up and very calmly told the parent that he was better than that and walked into the principal's office and sat down. The mother was headed off at the door.
When the counselor was told "Brandon was in the office", she ran expecting the worst. She said it was all she could do to keep the smile off her face as he calmly told her what had happened, that he was wrong, and that he knew that he was being sent home for hitting the other student. She said he rubbed his "sore spot" the entire time he was telling her about what had happened. He then looked at her and smiled saying - "but I remembered to tap."
Yes, a dip in the climb for perfection - but what a lesson to those of us that seem to be Brandon's "students".
Take care - Shari
FOR MORE EFT HELP ...
Explore our newest advancement, Optimal EFT™, by reading our free e-book, The Unseen Therapist™.