- Other Emotional Issues
- Anger Management
- Anger case history from a client
- EFT for workplace anger
- Josh: Building rapport with children--anger & behavior problems.
- EFT for anger helps both Ann and her angry husband--note the surrogate approach
- Unbearable hatred toward classmates
- Anger and Hostility are Proven to Damage Lungs; Simple Acupressure Technique Offers a Solution
- Brandon's Story--anger problem becomes history: (including an update at the end)
- EFT for deep seated anger
- EFT and severe mental illness--a murderous impulse
- An interesting approach to EFT and road rage
- Using EFT for on-the-spot "hopping mad" anger
- Surrogate EFT for fighting neighbors
- A client talks about her abusive childhood and her relief via EFT
- Resentments relieved 22 years after a poor birthing experience
- EFT resolves long term resentment
- The EFT Cooling Tower Technique for Letting off Steam
- Anger management approach for a polarity responder
- The cause of our anger isn't always as it appears
- A client resolves lifelong anger on her own
- Clearing anger and self loathing with EFT via introduction to inner child
- Stubborn anger issue falls to 0 with emphatic "say what you feel" wording.
- Road Rage and hives disappear in one session after getting to the core issue
- Press Release: Can a One-Minute Anger Management Technique Reduce Injury Risk and Chronic Illness?
- Releasing anger patterns with EFT
- Employee overcomes anger at supervisor
- Jonas uses EFT for deeper meditation - dangerous PSA reading is now only 0.4
- School Counselor on anger and tension,
- Getting behind a successful EFT anger case
- New Technique Helps Avoid Heart Damage by Diffusing Anger Within Marital Arguments
- The client who continually felt resentful
- Transgender person with abusive mother relieves rage with EFT
- Anger case--the urge to explode
- Even dropping the kids off at school provides tapping opportunities - an anger issue
- Using EFT to self-calm an intense anger tantrum
- Useful thoughts on anger by Stewart Robertson
- Football Star Uses New Acupressure Technique to Calm his Road Rage -- No Drugs Needed
- Suppressed anger expelled via the stomach
- EFT for self righteous anger
- Getting over a gang rape--including a follow-up
- EFT alleviates horrendous self-hatred and rage
- Calming down Teddy, an emotionally disturbedboy
- EFT for anger underlying ALS
- Releasing anger at parents allowed healing of ulcerative colitis and headaches
- Anger in a homeless shelter
- A murderous rage is calmed with EFT
- Intuitional work with anger
- A First Class use of Surrogate EFT for Bill's anger and behavior issues
- EFT Transforms "hopping-mad" anger
- An unusual anger release
- Was it really a manic/depressive disorder?
- A textbook depression case--a "one minute wonder" complete with belief changes
- Approaching Depression with the Tearless Trauma Technique
- After 15 years of therapy, including shock therapy, EFT helps release depression
- A case that didn't work--and some suggestions
- A first class look at using EFT for a complex case - depression, guilt, grief and abandonment
- A mis-diagnosed manic/depressive disorder
- Depression with numerous underlying issues
- Major results for anxiety, depression and social issues from one thorough EFT session and consistent EFT "homework"
- Success with a skeptical, depressed scientist - follow up included
- Depression, low self esteem and childhood traumas
- Persistence and a challenging case - Incest, abuse, depression, anxiety attacks, nightmares and flashbacks
- A non-therapist does superb work on depression--including her own.
- Newbie uses EFT on depression, allergic reactions and more
- Hair loss and facial blemishes fade after EFT relieves important emotional issues -- Depression too!
- Adrienne, a physician
- Gary discusses depression and some new ideas
- EFT on personal depression--"I was angry at myself"
- Press Release: New Method for Depression Often Works When Nothing Else Will
- 30+ years of depression gone in 2 minutes
- EFT saves a life by rapidly resolving suicidal depression
- Depression and confusion about God
- Depression related to guilt
- When depression comes from a related issue
- Depression Drugs and Migraine Drugs Don't Always Do The Job
- Dr. Patricia Carrington on depression--a detailed discussion, including meds
- Depression, height phobia and claustrophobia eliminated in one session
- An intimate look at Depression
- EFT instead of shock treatments?
- From depressed and suicidal ... to ... "I laugh all the time
- Depression on Death Row
- EFT Newcomer eliminates his own deep depression and anxiety disorder
- Louella: Depression, pesticides and low blood sugar
- A successful but involved depression case--"I don't want to tell you how well I'm doing"
- EFT resolves 12 years of postnatal depression
- What was REALLY causing Anne's depression?
- EFT student eases his wife's suicidal thoughts
- Maggie eliminates her own depression
- Surrogate tapping and its effect on depression.
- Persistent EFT by Email on depression, anger and anxiety
- Cross dressing, sexuality and depression
- Long term severe depression gone in ten minutes
- Jaqui Crooks used EFT to overcome her Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD)
- Panic And Anxiety
- A Quality "How To Do It" Session for Fear and Anxiety
- Diagnosed as a schizophrenic, Gregoire had anxiety, stress and insomnia
- Current "in your face" anxiety and stress case
- EFT makes good progress with panic, agoraphobia and feeling like a failure
- Detective work crucial in relief for panic attacks
- Combining EFT with the Inner Theater approach for panic attacks
- Testing your EFT work: Feeling trapped and panic attacks
- Anxiety and the fear of being alone
- EFT student uses tapping to immediately calm down after a major car accident
- Medical school test anxiety--from C's and D's to A's and B's
- Success story with 10 day anxiety attack
- Sports anxiety, heat sensitivity, being away from home, loneliness, fear of insects.
- 20 year old abduction anxiety calmed with EFT
- Collapsing a client's anxiety from the 9/11 disaster--with 4 year follow-up
- Detective work provides help for an anxiety disorder
- Imagination tapping on the finger points reduces stress level to zero
- Using EFT for a client who feels out of control.
- One EFT round with Deborah's daughter relieves performance anxiety
- Surgery anxiety and EFT
- EFT helps adult learners overcome school and math anxiety
- EFT on a case of extreme separation anxiety in a dog and the importance of Core Issues for Animals
- Study Shows Simple Drug-Free Acupressure Technique Reduces Dental Anxiety
- Panic attacks and heart palpitations subside after doing EFT on dreams
- Anxiety, eating and more
- Success in neutralizing unwanted memories without the client disclosing the content
- Newcomer uses EFT to collapse his own panic-attacks and writes letter to "Quackwatch"
- A detailed panic attack case
- Eric Robins, MD and Lisa Cox on surgery anxieties
- Severe anxiety client has his life back
- EFT Newbie resolves her own major trip anxiety
- Who Would Have Thought That Acupressure Could Relieve Social Anxiety Better Than Drugs or Therapy?
- Daddy left me. Will my new boyfriend leave me too?
- Courtroom anxiety AND anxiety about calling employers
- One EFT phone session resolves driving test anxiety -- and the benefits expand
- Panic attacks and fear of darkness
- Addressing Generalized Anxiety Disorder by aiming EFT at specific events
- Non-therapist relieves stress in the form of a temper tantrum
- EFT for panic attacks
- Surgeon Uses New Acupressure Technique to Lower Surgery Risk
- Overcoming Test Anxiety with New Drug-Free Technique: 80% Success Rate
- Daily tapping for Panic Attacks
- Anxiety related to atrial fibrillation is calmed with EFT
- Performance anxiety and many aspects
- EFT brings relief for trauma, anxiety, and an overactive bladder, all in less than an hour
- Test anxiety
- Using EFT for Social Anxiety Disorder
- Successful surrogate tapping for surgery anxiety
- Persistence and Panic Attacks - Quality results on a stubborn issue
- Getting to the core of "Mark's" anxiety
- EFT for overeating and panic attacks
- Performance anxiety at a music camp
- Gayla uses EFT for panic
- Travel Anxiety--using the Tell the Story Technique
- Febrile convulsions and related panic attacks subside--not one attack in the two years since she learned to use EFT
- Two surrogate tapping cases: Dental anxiety and severe stomach ache
- Panic Attacks: Getting behind the thought process
- Husband relieves wife of major panic attack
- EFT newcomer rids himself of social anxiety
- Relief for another stress related cough
- Using EFT for panic when nobody is around
- New Method for Treating Anxiety Works When Conventional Treatments Fail
- Clearing social anxiety with EFT
- OCD (Obsessive Compulsive Disorder)
- Using EFT for Bereavement
- EFT turns grief into beauty
- EFT eliminates unnecessary grief emotions and softens the grieving process - includes 2 month follow up
- EFT brings healing to a whole family while one woman heals her grief
- Community relief from grief with EFT
- This new Widow was helped in many ways by EFT
- EFT for grief and pet loss
- Getting to important emotions by doing EFT while looking in the mirror
- Tapping through grief leads to incredible insight and relief
- EFT for pain and grief for a birth mother who wasn't allowed to see her child -- a touching story with a happy ending
- An easy grief case with an aspect that showed up later
- Imaginary tapping sends grief away
- EFT setup statements for grief
- Fresh grief and a double benefit.
- Grief changes to smiles
- EFT may be a great relief to grief-stricken nurses who lose patients
- A grief case with many aspects
- Uncontrollable grief resolved with EFT
- Attorney helps client by using EFT for long term unresolved grief
- Relieving grief over the death of Higgins the dog
- When certain music triggers grief and sadness
- Freedom from grief in only 15 minutes
- "I didn't like kissing my wife after she drank coffee."
- Jack improves his relationship with his grandson using surrogate EFT
- Addressing relationship and family issues by tapping on photographs
- Tapping into a state of Love
- EFT resolves a 10 year heartbreak
- Relationship Issue: "My husband was being a jerk"
- Using EFT to prepare for a difficult encounter
- How clearing an intense cough led to improved family relationships--an EFT two-for-one EFT benefit
- MD introduces an innovative idea that brings relief for stubborn relationship issue
- Finding the love you want by healing the inner child
- Relationships - on "Being Right"
- Instant relationship fix?
- Relationship issue: A humorous approach
- What holds you back from your lover?
- EFT is instrumental in bringing a couple back together
- Using EFT for a Broken Heart
- The Healing Power of Forgiveness
- Love, Intuition, Patience and EFT help a schizophrenic 15 year old.
- EFT for Couples
- Combining role playing with EFT for relationships and other issues
- Relationship success after finding core issue
- EFT to heal family relationships
- Using EFT on "blocking thoughts" to good relationships
- Surrogate EFT heals a broken heart for a 16 year old boy
- Retired Stanford professor fixes his wife's computer with EFT
- Shared tapping provides benefits for relationship issues
- EFT Instead of the psych ward after a relationship breaks up
- Taking relationships work to a new level--The Odd Couple
- EFT and meditation for a broken heart
- EFT for love pain
- Using EFT to improve a relationship
- EFT, One Minute Wonders and Opening to Love
- EFT by telephone smoothes out a tense family reunion
- Insights into picking up another person
- EFT heals a broken heart in rapid time
- Relationships, EFT and Spirituality
- Improve relationships by Tapping in the Positive
- Using EFT for relationship issues--a detailed case
- Tapping on relationship issues
- Interesting way to use EFT & Tappy Bear for a broken heart
- How to reduce guilt via an EFT "Tapping Circle" -- keeping privacy for everyone
- The "Tapping the System" Technique
- The Rolling EFT process
- Using EFT for unnecessary guilt - Did EFT get someone's husband to cook dinner?
- How Guilt and Shame Block the Law of Attraction
- Stubborn guilt finally subsides after doing a search on our website and DVDs for ideas
- EFT and infertility
- A bout of cystitis turns out to be a bout of guilt
- Writing a letter
- Reframes (seeing things differently) for guilt, shame and sorrow
- Restless leg syndrome linked to guilt - 20 years of restlessness gone in 2 sessions
- To Physicians: New Discoveries in Acupressure Promise Everything From Alertness to Pain and Stress Management
- A new do-it-yourself approach to acupressure alleviates stress and, in turn neutralizes cold, flu an
- Psychotherapy Dramatically Improved By New 'Acupuncture Without Needles' Technique
- New Acupressure Discovery Reduces Stress 4 Ways: 80% Success Rate
- Many Stressed Women Abandon Healthy Lifestyle Habits: Simple Acupressure Technique Offers a Solution
- Eating Disorders
- Two Year Bulimia Problem Gets Major Assist in One Hour
- A Bulimia "one session wonder"
- Bulimia in Brazil
- "Acceptance Tapping" - A powerful EFT treatment variation for severe compulsive disorders and bulimia.
- Joe resolves his Anorexia...and more
- Love, diligence and an eating disorder
- Michal describes what it is like to be free from an eating disorder
- Anger Management
Table of Contents Help
The tabs on the right are shortcuts to where you have been:
- Previous Screen
- Previous Articles
- Previous Categories
- Start Page
- Hide Entire Menu
Swiping to the left will take you to the previous screen.
The folder icon indicates that more content is available. Click on the icon or the associated text, or swipe to the right to see the additional content.
Other Emotional Issues
Hair loss and facial blemishes fade after EFT relieves important emotional issues -- Depression too!
Important Note: This article was written prior to 2010 and is now outdated. Please use my newest advancement, Optimal EFT. It is more efficient, more powerful and clearly explained in my free e-book, The Unseen Therapist™. Best wishes, Gary
There are some important messages in this article written by Cacina Spaeth from Munich, Germany. Not only are there some impressive results involved but there is also glowing evidence of the occasional subtle (read powerful) nature of EFT.
Sometimes people get over their issues so rapidly and efficiently that they don't even recognize that healing occurred. It is obvious to everyone else but, to the client, it is as though they never had the problem in the first place. When reminded of the problem they can usually recognize the healing. But sometimes they DO have to be reminded.
My husband, Anders, is a singer and voice coach. Two months ago he asked me to have a talk with a student of his. Karen (not her real name) is in her twenties. She has an incredible voice, and has taken voice lessons for several years now, working as a dental hygienist in "real life".
Karen was always very energetic and alive, with vibrant, curly long hair. But this past summer she started losing her hair, seemingly out of the blue. Simultaneously her flawless skin began to create nasty, watery pimples on her nose and chin. And even though she consulted many doctors, being tested and x-rayed for just about everything ... none of these experts even had a clue what was wrong with her and what to do.
They were basically groping around in the dark, and the last doctor she had seen told her to come back in 8 weeks for more tests. How comforting! Having lost about half of her hair already, this perspective was not really an option for Karen because she would risk being bald by Christmas. In her despair and with no solution in sight she even began to look at wigs. Imagine! And so I (the still learning newbie to EFT) agreed to meet with her for a try-out session, knowing I couldn't make it any worse....
Karen was in a miserable emotional condition and was on the edge of a nervous breakdown. My intention was to show her the basics of EFT so that she could apply it for herself as often as possible. I told Karen that EFT had been successful in the past on both physical and emotional issues where nothing else seemed to help, but I also didn't make any promises.
After briefly demonstrating the points to her I asked her how her life had been around the time when the hairloss and the skin problem began. She knew right away: It all started in summer after auditioning for a music academy. Even though her audition went very well and despite her truly unique soprano voice she was told that she is "too old" to study voice and become a singer. (Can you believe that??)
Sharing her experience with me was painful for Karen. For the most part I just listened. And while Karen was basically crying her heart out, I just tapped on her. Around and around. No specific sentences, just giving her the space to vent and express her feelings. I didn't ask for any intensity levels. But when she had calmed down considerably I became more specific.
During the ongoing tapping she had already expressed her deep despair about maybe never finding a way to become a singer. Not at this academy, not at another academy, just nowhere.... And so I asked her: "Were you ever told before that you can't do what you love?"
This question put us in the midst of a seemingly long row of broken dreams (both small and big). Karen grew up in Eastern Germany. The kindergarden she went to belonged to the theatre of her hometown. She grew up amongst dancers, actors and musicians, and she loved everything about it. First in kindergarden and then in her early years of school she was always part of some performance somewhere. That kind of life was natural to her, and she was happy.
But when she was around 8 years old her mother decided for her that becoming an artist was out of the question. If I remember right her family even moved away from that town (and the theatre). And losing everything she loved broke Karen's heart. But she still was a good dancer. She truly loved to dance, and somehow found a way to pursue her passionate talent. Between teenager and young adult she really went for it, trained a lot and decided to become a professional dancer. Only this time around it wasn't her mother who said "no". It was her knees. I don't know the exact circumstances but she somehow injured her knee(s), and the decision once again was made by some outside "higher power" (a doctor). And Karen was told that she would never be able to have a career as a dancer....
While Karen was sharing her experiences with me, I again just kept tapping on her, giving her the space to express her hurt, her despair, her hopelessness, and her feelings of powerlessness towards "something out there" that would never allow her to be happy in life, doing what she loves the most.
The entire session took about 1.5 hours. Towards the end it was very obvious that Karen had released a load of withheld feelings. But whether or not we had achieved anything at all for her current hairloss and skin problem.... -- hmmm, maybe for that we would have to meet again. I really didn't know. I only knew that for today she had had enough. Karen seemed to be calm, but she was done. And so we agreed that she would call me up again.
But she didn't. Many weeks passed, and I didn't hear a thing from her .... until I met her last week by coincidence after she had just finished a voice lesson with my husband. The moment she saw me her whole face lit up, and she immediately came rushing towards me, with a big hug and a big "thank you!!". I was taken by surprise. And even though it was pretty obvious that something must be "real good" I was eager to know how she had been ever since, and so we went for a brief cup of coffee.
Well, Gary, are you ready? Her hairloss and her skin problems ended with one singular EFT session. For good. Can you imagine that?? :))
And that's what she told me: Already during her first hairwash after our session Karen noticed a distinct difference: No hair in the sink. No more hairloss. And now, sitting in this cafi about 2 months later and with a big, happy smile Karen showed me still short, but rather strong and newly grown hair all over her skull. And her skin? Flawless. Not a trace of pimples whatsoever.
Listening to Karen I was truly amazed about what had happened. But considering the stunning result I actually began to doubt if this miraculous success could have possibly been caused by the "little tapping" we did. The amazing physical result just seemed "far too big" for my belief system.
However, in the meantime I'm rather certain that it really was the EFT we did. First of all, Karen didn't see any doctor since then, she had not done or tried any other method or therapy, she didn't take any medicine, herbs or whatever other remedy. But what convinced me the most: When I asked Karen why on Earth she didn't call me to share her wonderful news, you know what she said, Gary? "I didn't think of calling you." :))
That's it. That's when I knew that it was EFT. As you have pointed out so often on your DVDs: The change that EFT can bring about is so real and so genuine that people literally "forget" how bad their situation/problem was. They "forget" the most obvious things (e.g. calling up to share the great news).
By the way, a few months ago I experienced the exact same phenomena: A medical doctor I know had been seriously depressed for months after having yet another "promising" relationship ending on him. I don't know him that well. But he was down and depressed to a degree that I began to worry a little about him, especially after he confessed, "Cacina, I simply don't get my wings up anymore".
Well, without having been asked I simply told him that "I know something that might help", I offered him a "trying out EFT session", and he said yes. We tapped for about an hour on his severe depression and loneliness, and he had many deep sighs of relief.....
The session was over, and I didn't hear from him even though he had promised to call. But when I had to call him up for another reason several weeks later I asked him how he was doing. He told me that he still hasn't found out why he doesn't seem to be able to have a good relationship. But, just for the records, UNDERSTANDING this had not been the issue we had tapped on. We had done EFT on the severe depression he suffered. Remember? .... "Oh, THAT? Well, the depression is gone. But that's not the problem: I wanna know why I can't have a good relationship..." And on he went. He didn't even notice, Gary, that he wasn't depressed anymore.
To me this kind of shift is the biggest miracle of all. For when we succeed with EFT the change (in our thinking, in our perception, in our brain with its neuronal net) is so profound that our former problem literally is "out of our mind". Literally. What a gift!
And back to Karen: If I were to tell what exactly in our little EFT session stopped Karen's hairloss .... beats me, Gary. No idea. I can only assume that we must have been tapping around enough in the midst of her related core issue. And with that "cutting the tree" in question, not even knowing all the way what "forest" we're in.
But this is also what excites me so very much about EFT: You don't need to know everything before it works. There simply is no "smart trick", no guaranteed and most often boring "if/then technique" one can apply. It's all about getting out of the way as much as possible. It's about being open and vulnerable, about risking to have "no idea" and being lead by intuition instead.
And it's about trusting that whatever thread the subconscious presents to start with, that this thread eventually WILL lead to the related "fried wiring" of the zzzzzzzzzztttt. To me this is an incredible adventure, every time. And I love learning, exploring and doing it.
I love this magical and elegant tool!
FOR MORE EFT HELP ...
Explore our newest advancement, Optimal EFT™, by reading my free e-book, The Unseen Therapist™. More efficient. More powerful.