- Articles & Ideas
- Being Specific
- How to apply EFT when there are no clear, specific memories to tap on
- Tapping on specific events without knowing what they are
- What to do when you can't find your own specific events or issues
- Two cases: (1) Being Specific and (2) Being General
- EFT for the Soul - global versus specific approaches
- How to collapse multiple SPECIFIC EVENTS in one Borrowing Benefits session
- EFT for a bashful bladder - a beautiful example of going for SPECIFIC EVENTS
- Ann Adams on BEING SPECIFIC
- Using NLP to Chunk Down for specifics in an EFT session
- Find Early Specific Events
- The importance of being specific in the EFT Setup Phrase
- Resolving a family fight with surrogate EFT
- Surrogate tapping on a sneezing attack, Successful use of EFT on a raspy throat AND arm wrestling success using only two fingers.
- Surrogate EFT relieves baby
- Some thoughts about surrogate (remote) EFT
- Surrogate EFT Taken Another Step - Clearing Ancestral (Foundational) Issues
- Surrogate tapping and collarbone breathing
- Helping Helpers: Using Surrogate EFT for Emergencies
- Surrogate tapping for terrorists
- Surrogate EFT for Chronic Pulmonary Obstruction Disorder
- Surrogate/distance tapping for Cassie the dog
- "Seeing" disrupted energy enhances mental (surrogate) tapping
- Solid motivation to use Surrogate EFT
- Surrogate EFT arrests a grand mal seizure
- Beth's Stalker Problem Resolved with Surrogate EFT
- Successful surrogate tapping for schizophrenic son
- Surrogate EFT to help patients going through medical procedures
- Responses to questions on surrogate muscle testing
- Simple uses of Surrogate EFT during every day conversations
- What to do in the hospital
- A surrogate EFT Teddy Bear became a special friend for a housebound woman
- Surrogate EFT substantially aids incontinence, anger, dementia and hearing loss.
- Skeptic of surrogate EFT becomes a believer
- Surrogate tapping stops serious nose bleed
- Surrogate EFT -- "The pain is leaving now through my fingertips."
- A touching story: Easing Mary's death through surrogate EFT
- How to do Intentional (or Surrogate) EFT--a 4 Part Series
- Using surrogate EFT for easing a courtroom testimony
- A followup after a surrogate session in Albuquerque--Betsy's impressive results
- Successful Surrogate EFT for Seizures
- Breathing problems, surrogate tapping, depression and Try it on Everything
- Surrogate tapping on an "Entity"
- After trying a different approach for Surrogate EFT, a crying baby quiets down
- The Gratitude Diet - A Thanksgiving Technique
- Time and Reframing: An Easy Technique that Generates Fast Results
- The benefits of describing EFT as a relaxation technique
- Discovering "core scenes"
- A short version of the Collar Bone Breathing Technique
- Stepping back from the movie in the EFT Movie Technique
- Turning the Movie Technique into a cartoon helps with Dysautonomia episode
- EFT and the Double Bubble technique: Or how to successfully deal with chronic issues!
- Variations on EFT's Movie Technique
- Doing the EFT Constricted Breathing Technique a few times a day increased Paul
- The "Let it be Easy" Technique
- Everyday EFT to Create a Fabulous Life--The Emotional Joy Technique
- The Argument Tapping Technique
- Doing the EFT Movie Technique in slow motion -- getting to important and otherwise hidden aspects
- The Stepping into Neutral Technique
- The "Tap while you Gripe" Technique
- The EFT Imagineering Technique
- Gwyneth Moss's Imagineering Technique for Endometriosis
- The "Turbo-Tapping" Technique
- The Bundling Movie Technique for gently addressing long term abuse cases
- Refusal Tapping Technique
- The Volcano Technique
- The Movie Technique for kinesthetic learners
- Behind the Scenes of the Movie Technique
- For procrastination: The "Feel the Feeling" Technique
- Creative Uses of The EFT Movie Technique
- Living your Dreams with The Hero Technique
- How Do You Know What To Say For an EFT Setup Phrase?
- A New Way to Use the
- A useful EFT phrase--"Reclaiming" all our possibilities
- Testing our work and personal radiation
- Useful ways to expand the EFT Set-up Phrase
- Using "It's In Here" in the EFT Setup phrase
- Touch And Breathe--TAB Paper
- Using the 9 Gamut Procedure when emotion gets "stuck in the right brain"
- Jarrod Bailey from Australia experiments with EFT Setup Phrases and explains his findings
- Injecting "want to" into the EFT Setup language
- EFT Imagineering cleared lungs and improved breathing
- Tapping on both sides of the body, on feel-good points only, then taking deep breaths after each point
- The advantages of using the 9 Gamut Procedure
- EFT to clear chakras and increase vibration
- Using the EFT setup statement as a a pledge
- Dr. Carol Look discusses the importance of testing in EFT
- Effectively using "What if" in the EFT Setup Phrase
- A creative way to develop EFT Setup statements
- Testing your EFT work - The
- Adding muscle testing to EFT
- The Alternate Phrase Technique--tapping on both sides of a conflict.
- Ideas on Muscle Testing, EFT and Developing Intuition
- Why do we use negatives in the EFT setup statement?
- Gwyneth Moss on Reality Testing
- How do I choose the phrases to use while doing EFT?
- Soft language to ease The EFT Set-Up Phrases
- Ideas for enhancing the standard EFT Setup
- Tapping on one's self talk--a great idea for collapsing our "inner critic"
- EFT helps a man look people in the eye
- Karen's thoughts on self forgiveness
- Freeing our "Critical Mind" into Self Acceptance with EFT
- Using "I love THAT about myself" in the EFT process
- Anja shares her self-healing process
- Getting the most out of self-help books with EFT
- Self sabotage-healing the parts that don
- EFT gives relief to a self-cutter by first finding emotional causes
- Give Yourself a Gift by Creating an EFT Journal
- Resolving childhood issues with EFT increases compassion for self
- Billy McCombie self applies EFT for an impressive list of benefits
- S-L-O-W EFT for self help on broad issues
- When self acceptance becomes a problem...
- EFT for relief from feeling responsible for everyone else before taking care of self
- Tapping for negative self-talk - "I am unable to step out of it"
- Paradoxes in validating one's Self
- EFT improves self esteem
- Rue Hass on "I deeply and completely accept myself"
- The role of self-punishment in Dis-ease
- Steve Wells series on EFT and Self-Acceptance--Part 1 of 4--(subsequent parts given below)
- Self acceptance without judgment
- A Complex Case - Doubts and Self-empowerment - The Return of Hair and more
- Julie Howard uses EFT for being hard on herself
- EFT As a Conversation With Yourself
- Self Image: An insightful look at the "Writings on our Walls"
- EFT for Self Confidence
- EFT for the lingering effects of a brain tumor from 12 years before
- Surrogate EFT for Yourself
- Frances Songhurst finally gets a rapid result for herself
- Developing self compassion with persistent EFT
- The 3-2-1 process: untangling yourself from others
- Mary Hunt on Intuition: Getting yourself out of the way.
- Thoughts on Surrogate EFT and "getting yourself out of the way"
- EFT from a CLIENT'S POINT OF VIEW
- Hair dresser helps client raise her arm - The salon clients cheered
- How to search for an EFT Practitioner
- The client who is "Never Good Enough" and The Brick Wall Technique
- Doing EFT for the client that is afraid to get started
- How this therapist uses Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) and EFT together
- Conversations with Dr. Mercola -- Part 5 of 7
- Improving results with dissociated clients
- What Questions Should You Ask When Seeking An EFT Practitioner?
- Thoughts on following your EFT intuition with clients
- Dr. Pat Carrington's "EFT At Work In A Hospital" Series
- Client has Somatic Release that involved shaking in a seizure-like fashion
- How to Build Your EFT Practice by Leveraging Your Biggest Resource
- Physical therapy like it should be--dramatic improvements in a rehab center
- When clients get overwhelmed or frustrated with EFT
- When clients can
- Conversations with Dr. Mercola -- Part 6 of 7
- Tips for when clients have difficulty accessing their feelings
- EFT Speeds Rehabilitation and Physical Therapy: Irene Mitchell Update
- How To Tell In Advance Whether An EFT Practitioner Has Sufficient Skill in EFT
- How to use EFT when the client won't reveal the issue
- Curtis Steele, MD shares his thoughts and experiences using EFT in a psychiatric practice
- Good reasons for using an EFT Practitioner
- Ingrid Dinter's Box Technique for helping a client wind down when time is running out in a session
- EFT used to calm down a client during a severe seizure episode
- Working through the pain and fear in the midst of divorce
- EFT'er encourages clients to find their favorite EFT points
- Conversations with Dr. Mercola -- Part 7 of 7
- The Emotional Scale in EFT Practice
- Hearing voices and multiple issues relieved: "One session of EFT does more for me than years of [conventional] therapy ever could."
- Is Your Chosen EFT Practitioner Really Helping You?
- Some thoughts about doing EFT with multilingual clients
- What stops clients from pursuing their dreams?
- Surrogate EFT used to calm down a bi-polar client
- Why see an EFT practitioner?
- Fitting EFT within the client's belief system
- Limiting beliefs may limit your EFT practice
- Using EFT With "The Secret"
- Conversations with Dr. Mercola - Part 1 of 7
- EFT with a schizophrenic client
- A detailed EFT oriented session via email for a client with serious issues
- The Pros and Cons of EFT Telephone Therapy
- Did EFT help Gayla's client reduce the blockage in his arteries?
- Psychosis: Hearing Voices--EFT achieves more in one session than 13 years of medications and traditional therapy.
- Karen Donaldson Highlights Some "Slimming Down" Successes With Her Clients -- Many Side Issues Explored
- Surrogate EFT brings calming effect to Schizophrenic client
- Yet another impressive use of Surrogate EFT--this time an audience sends the client out of the room and taps for her
- The Many Factors Affecting Client Motivation and Follow Through
- If the client starts shaking...
- If your client believes that the world is run by a red elephant....
- Making A Great Impression With Your New EFT Client
- What to do when your client is beset by an "evil monster"
- Using EFT to create positive self beliefs for a client who deems herself "not good enough"
- 4 Part Series on Helping Clients with their 0-10 Accuracy
- Successful Surrogate EFT for a Cerebral Palsy client
- Profuse bleeding stops even though client was on Coumadin (blood thinner)
- Shaking Off Negative Client Energies Between Sessions
- Adding EFT to conventional talk therapy
- EFT aids an "energy sensitive" client
- Criminal defense attorney uses EFT to help innocent client during cross-examination
- Conversations with Dr. Mercola -- Part 2 of 7
- EFT and Time Line Therapy helps 92 year old man live in the now
- How do I use EFT for the client who has many, many, many severe issues?
- Listening to this client's words led to a surprising core issue
- Dr. Patricia Carrington's use of "Choices" in the EFT Setup Phrase
- Rebecca Marina's 10 steps to building a prosperous EFT practice
- When The Client Wishes To Maintain Privacy
- An answer as to why some clients do not tap even when they know EFT will help them?
- Two successes where the client surrogate taps for other people--everyone benefits
- Tips to consider when you have had "incomplete success" with an EFT client
- Conversations with Dr. Mercola Part 3
- Do you attract clients that want everything for free?
- When should you consult an EFT Practitioner?
- The Apex Effect -- client cannot even remember the details of her former problem
- When the client won't speak about the issue
- Helping clients by using "Meta Programs"
- EFT Successfully Collapses Childhood Beliefs About Food -- Client Stops Overeating
- Enhancing the life of Burak -- a Down Syndrome client
- Using EFT for the client who feels bad about herself
- 8 tips for building your EFT practice with email newsletters
- Conversations with Dr. Mercola -- Part 4 of 7
- EFT Clients!
- Kinetic tremor disappears as Turkish MD addresses client's emotional issues
- 7 Step pre-tapping checklist for client work
- Core Issues
- A surprising core issue behind business call reluctance
- Using the Palace of Possibilities to uncover core issues
- The "Audio Technique" for getting to core issues
- A clever way to find core issues
- Eliminating Hot Flashes With EFT Tapping -- Surprising Core Issues
- Tracing core issues back to the birth process
- Blending Redecision Therapy with EFT--a creative way to uncover core issues
- Iris finds her own core issue
- Getting To Feelings And Core Issues By Imagining You Are Writing A Story - A Version Of The EFT Tell The Story Technique
- An Impressive Search For EFT Core Issues -- Asking The Right Questions
- The "7 Whys" method for getting to core issues
- When "insignificant" childhood events are the real core issues
- An extraordinary account of tapping on a prenatal core issue -- or how to change a life in moments
- In Search Of An Elusive EFT Core Issue
- Finding An EFT Core Issue -- "But What Did He Give You?"
- A self questioning method for getting to your core issues
- An excellent question to help find core issues
- Finding and Dealing with Core Events
- Barbara shares an insightful way to find core issues
- The core issue behind Carl's inability to "perform"
- Collapsing the core issues of procrastination with EFT
- A classic case for finding a core issue
- Finding core issues when someone is emotionally flat lining
- Using Tail Enders to find core issues
- A clever method for finding core issues
- Obsession with having affairs ends after finding the core issue
- Why Cathy didn't enjoy Christmas--an embarrassing core event
- A Useful Way To Find Core Issues In The EFT Process
- Ilana Weiler uses the 7 Whys method for getting to core issues
- MD resolves arm weakness problem by relieving an emotional core issue
- Two examples where core issues show up during an EFT session
- Relative Newbie's First Major Tapping Toe Stub - Foot Pain Issue
- Newbie quiets her daughter
- Doing EFT for a newcomer without having to explain it
- Easy and Effective EFT for Newcomers
- Newbie has great results with persistent hiccoughs!
- Borrowing Benefits newcomer details impressive success
- EFT Newcomer Helps Her Daughter Relieve Constipation
- Quality advice for EFT Newbies
- How watching the EFT DVDs helped a nausea case
- EFT newbie successfully surrogates for her dying plant
- A newbie with 6 rounds of EFT eliminates her bladder infection pain
- Two Newcomer EFT Tapping Successes: Fainting And Shyness
- A newbie dropped pounds at a time she usually gained
- Using EFT
- Using EFT for Abundance releases limiting beliefs
- Using EFT to rejuvenate a withered plant
- Using EFT for Procrastination
- Marielle discovers a lifetime core issue while using EFT for a bad cough
- Using EFT for the side effects of Medications
- Using EFT for feeling like a failure
- Using EFT for cerebral palsy
- Using EFT for emphysema
- Using EFT to build emotional strength in overwhelming circumstances
- Using EFT for Menopause, Hot flashes and Chills
- Using EFT for Scleroderma
- Using EFT for preventing illness
- Using EFT for Self-Confidence in a specific area
- Using EFT for overcoming procrastination
- Personal Pleasure Procedure - Using EFT to improve your romantic life
- Using EFT for a double ankle sprain
- A successful case of using EFT for candida yeast infections
- Persistence worked when using EFT at the first signs of a cold
- Using EFT to advance your business
- Using EFT for world crises
- Using EFT for clearing poltergeist energy
- After using EFT, Paul's 84 year old mum recovered very quickly from a surgical operation
- Using EFT for a choking emergency
- Using EFT to neutralize "family differences"
- Using EFT to release the pain of saying goodbye
- Using EFT for clearing clutter and organizing your life
- Using EFT to increase blood platelet count--an article with far reaching implications
- Using EFT for old and frail people
- Easy stress reducer using EFT with statements like, "The world is conspiring in my favor"
- 11 year old girl finds lost cell phone using EFT
- Using EFT for our illiterate and semi-literate brothers and sisters
- Using EFT for struggling students with ADD
- Using EFT to Trade the Market
- Using EFT for Tachycardia
- Using EFT for Chemotherapy symptoms
- An encouraging example of using EFT for Crohn's Disease
- Using EFT for an ailing pony
- Using EFT for wrinkles - An alternative to Botox?
- Using EFT to overcome the resistance to exercise
- Using EFT while you are in an argument
- Using EFT for Chronic Problems
- Heaviness in both legs disappears after using EFT on "These Growing Pains"
- Some thoughts on using EFT for personal peace
- Using EFT for the Holidays
- Using EFT for Poison Ivy
- Using EFT over the phone for on-the-spot issues
- Thoughts on using EFT for procrastination
- Using EFT for "Everything is my fault!"
- A guy thing: Tips on using EFT for male ED
- Using EFT to Create
- Success by using EFT while reading our Newsletter articles
- A subtle, yet powerful self-image benefit from using EFT
- Suggestions for using EFT with a Mother
- Using EFT for Alzheimer's disease
- Many benefits in 3 months using EFT's Personal Peace Procedure
- Using EFT for Muscular Dystrophy
- Some tips when using EFT by yourself
- Using EFT to bring up core memories
- Using EFT for Herpes
- Using EFT on Asperger
- How to Handle Self Sabotage by Using EFT
- Using EFT from pre-birth to the present
- Using EFT to enhance persuasion skills
- Using EFT with our "internal parents"
- Using EFT for spiritual issues
- Using EFT for motivation to exercise
- Using EFT to avoid tears while chopping onions
- Using EFT to reclaim our personal power
- Using EFT for inanimate objects may point to your own issues
- Using EFT to avert an amputation
- A method for using EFT regarding the "difficult people" in your life.
- Using EFT to relieve a cold sore (Herpes HSV-1)
- Using EFT to learn foreign language pronunciation
- Specific couple techniques using EFT
- Using EFT for Jet Lag--even with 4 time changes
- Using EFT to manifest your goal more easily
- Using EFT with a Skeptic
- Using EFT for Premature Ejaculation
- Using EFT with computers, web-cameras and microphones
- Using EFT to cut "energetic cords" of attachment to people
- Using EFT for Goal Setting
- Follow up on "Using EFT to avert an amputation"
- Using EFT for Trigeminal Neuralgia
- Using EFT for changing habits and more
- Using EFT in singing lessons
- Using EFT to Enhance Bedroom Romance
- Using EFT to find (and collapse) a limiting belief
- Using EFT for mother issues
- Using EFT for Plantar Fasciitis
- Using EFT with a Survivor of Domestic Violence
- Using EFT to better enjoy certain foods and expand sensory experience
- Using EFT for forgiveness
- Using EFT with A Course in Miracles teachings
- Using EFT for racial prejudice
- Lifelong car sickness disappears--but only after using EFT on the real issue
- Using EFT to bring us back into balance during challenging situations
- Using EFT for a clogged ear
- Using EFT in the Emergency Room: Raging bladder infection subsides
- Q & A Series on using EFT
- Using EFT to start the day
- Passing a driving test using EFT - a case with many aspects
- Using EFT for your Biggest Problem
- Ideas for those using EFT to further their own personal development
- Using EFT on imaginary parts
- Classic case of using EFT for the child within
- Using EFT for Dreamwork
- Using EFT for Marathon Training and difficult things to do
- Using EFT when a specific word triggers you
- Using EFT to support the In Vitro Fertilization (IVF) process
- Using EFT to regain Laurence's sense of taste.
- Big benefits from using EFT on an "irrelevant memory"
- Tips and strategies for using EFT with Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD)
- Using EFT to reduce our judgment of others
- Using EFT with a dementia patient: A touching story
- Using EFT over the phone
- Using EFT for bothersome noises
- Using EFT to easily learn another language
- Benefits of using EFT in a cardiac group
- Tapping on TREEs -- a metaphor for using EFT
- Using EFT for the "Grey Life Syndrome"
- Using EFT to resolve issues in your dreams
- Using EFT with massage
- Using EFT within a unique form of meditation
- Using EFT for a stroke and other issues -- In praise of the 9-gamut procedure
- Using EFT to eliminate recurring dreams
- Using EFT for Self-Doubt
- Using EFT to say Good-Bye to a dying person
- Using EFT to release "the decision to be miserable"
- Using EFT for the Inner Child
- Breaking habits
- Relaxing a dying man
- We are babes crawling on the floor of the Universe
- Susan de Tarr eliminates her 54 year old motion sickness in 10 minutes
- How to convince an entire audience about EFT
- Psychiatrist relieves sexual exhibitionism with EFT--4 year follow-up
- Emotion and Perception: EFT makes it a two way street
- EFT on an inanimate object: The car that wouldn't start
- Combining EFT with Humor
- EFT helps remove "stuck ring"
- Key Concepts in Mastering EFT
- Borrowing Benefits in the Criminal Justice System
- The "proper words" to use for the EFT Set-up Statement
- Borrowing Benefits hastens the healing of mystery thumb sores
- EFT as a cure for boredom
- Improving intimate moments with EFT
- Dispersing 50 years worth of suppressed emotion
- A brief heat exhaustion case
- Messages from an oven
- How Dawn Norton used EFT to collapse her own "horror" issue
- Five-for-one benefits from an introductory EFT group
- Making EFT a routine
- Using "Inner Dialogues" with EFT
- EFT relieves an unusual
- How I grew my bustline with EFT
- An 8 year old boy with very strange eating habits finds a new menu with EFT
- Jeff Lipnick uses EFT to keep from blacking out
- EFT, ED and related bedroom issues
- Daily tapping lowers blood sugar
- Borrowing Benefits while watching The EFT Course
- Who do YOU think you are?
- Headache relief over the phone
- Claude improves his fishing
- Using humor with EFT
- How to handle a "vague feeling" with EFT
- Eight Easy Ways to Remember to Do EFT
- Tapping to improve your intuition
- The acute sinusitis case that wouldn't budge until....
- It's never too late to clear useless childhood beliefs
- EFT for the emotional aspects of a Cesarean Section
- Ten steps to changing your limiting responses to a falling economy
- EFT for stammering
- Dr. Barr used EFT after cutting off the tip of his thumb
- Judi thinks that doing EFT for others helped her - winning in Las Vegas
- Borrowing Benefits with EFT improves communication at a committee meeting
- Thoughts about inheriting illness from our ancestors
- Twelve years of facial numbness eliminated with 2 rounds of EFT
- A Lesson in EFT Intuition--Letting it flow through you
- EFT brings relief for ALS
- How to tell others about EFT
- Some thoughts on when to use "I choose" vs. "I prefer"
- EFT for changing entrenched habits
- Experts point to dramatic changes in brain waves as a result of EFT
- Continuous tapping resolves an intense abreaction
- Did 20 minutes of EFT straighten bones that had knitted improperly 50 years before?
- EFT and the right to be happy
- EFT for feeling unqualified to be successful
- EFT relieves a case of the Hiccups
- EFT for facing those who caused you pain
- Did EFT bring this man out of a coma?
- "It was impossible for the testicle to descend on its own."
- The Merits of Daily Tapping
- Is it safe to change?
- Processing your life's key words with EFT
- Brain dumping with EFT to get started on global issues
- EFT helps salesman double his sales
- An EFT Procrastination case
- From a 38 B to a 38 D/DD while losing 20 pounds
- Thoughts on Psychological Reversal from Rue Hass -- with an ADD example
- Gratitude tapping
- EFT in Kenya
- Are you suppressing your EFT talents?
- How do I introduce EFT to skeptics? (Building Bridges to Believability)
- Why do people resist EFT?
- What would happen if this problem wasn't there any more?
- Wisdom from Mair Llewellyn regarding the "Writing on our Walls"
- Incorporating EFT into Corporate Programs
- EFT -- a quality aid for Shingles
- Strong correlation found between EFT and Dr. Emoto's work with water
- EFT and The Power of Reframing
- EFT and insights (cognitive change)
- Giving more meaning to the 0-10 intensity rating
- MD Applies EFT to Successfully Relieve Urethral Pain
- Borrowing Benefits: My Jury has returned with a verdict
- How to Identify and Correct Psychological Reversals
- Dr. Carol Look's Top 10 Tapping Tips
- EFT for Reactive Attachment Disorder (RAD) - "You can't make me!"
- EFT brings beauty to a hospice setting
- EFT collapses competing thoughts and thus aids The Law of Attraction
- How to transform disappointment into gratitude
- EFT Question Tapping
- Helping a 97 year old man to die peacefully
- Successful EFT phone work makes major shifts for overwhelmed mother
- Thoughts on resolving difficult physical problems
- A unique way to expand EFT
- EFT removes a pesky "phantom itch"
- Tips for conducting intensive EFT sessions -- a several day case regarding Bulimia
- Create acceptance of your life with EFT
- Clearing a food aversion in 5 minutes
- What would appear to be the main issue may not be so
- How long should the flu last?
- EFT for making your voice stronger
- A new kind of mosquito relief?
- Try fork bending with EFT
- A clever approach to finding core memories
- An adventure within the Palace of Possibilities
- Injured toe gains relief using two important EFT concepts
- Sarah Jordan makes progress after realizing a childhood need
- Aiming EFT at our Future
- What to do when the "Bedroom Spark" goes out
- Tap on experiences that are stuck in parts of your body
- The young woman who kept quitting her jobs
- How to create empowering reframes (seeing things differently) with EFT
- Praise for tapping along with the EFT DVDs
- EFT for a spider (and mosquito) bite
- EFT helps Elaine learn the clarinet at 50
- Two stories to create a bridge between your audience and EFT
- Two cases: Putting on needed pounds with EFT & Holding water for an ultrasound
- Mom doing EFT for autistic son yields enormous changes in one month
- A touching story about Michael, his ailing aunt and EFT
- Letting intuition flow with EFT
- A lesson in "letting go"
- Can we learn to be grateful no matter what?
- Improve your EFT sessions by waking up your senses
- Severe lung congestion clears with persistent daily EFT
- Was prostate cancer really the cause of Sam's Low Libido?
- EFT for the Sensitive Person -- Awakening the Wild Pony Within
- EFT helps release nervousness before an important meeting
- Impressive results with autism
- Releasing chaotic behavior through EFT
- EFT hat dance
- Deserving to live -- an intense memory resolved
- EFT helps with hair loss, facial blemishes, hay fever, smoking and PMS
- Expert gives us an inside look at Group EFT
- Baerbel Borrows Benefits in her own EFT group and dissolves her creative blocks
- When EFT Doesn't Seem to Work
- Motion sickness averted through "Chasing the Pain."
- More on EFT and Reframing by Tania Prince
- Consistent and Impressive results from EFT group work
- Gordon was in a psychiatric hospital for two years and was released two weeks after one EFT session
- How feelings in the body are related to emotional clearing
- EFT for the Inner Child
- EFT for food poisoning
- Two cases of doing EFT in public without looking silly
- Improving romantic openness and enjoyment with EFT
- Many benefits from watching our EFT-Beyond the Basics DVDs
- Technical evidence of the link between emotional causes and physical ailments
- Borrowing Benefits and an Acute Respiratory Disorder
- Attracting Abundance by Shifting Your Energy
- Finding the root of the problem
- Thoughts on dealing with corporations
- MD provides secretary with "The Incredible Shrinking Hemorrhoids"
- Lindsay Kenny answers Frequently Asked Questions about EFT
- About Voice Technology...
- EFT and sex
- A "Hard to Swallow" case
- Healing the "Missing Mother Syndrome" with EFT
- Borrowing Benefits from Sacramento to the United Kingdom
- Quadriplegic feels "bubbles" during EFT session
- When you are in traffic and REALLY have to pee....
- Improving the ability to laugh with EFT
- A tapping song
- EFT on autopilot
- EFT resolves limiting childhood beliefs
- Medical transcriptionist says that in thousands of serious medical cases, she never saw a cure for anyone
- A short woman no longer feels intimidated around tall people after one EFT session
- Tapping along with a prayer
- Rapid Relief for Herpes
- Peak Performance Series
- A solid "Doing Business with EFT" idea from Rebecca Marina
- Emphatic EFT dramatically shifts many things--use this on stubborn issues
- EFT for eliminating barriers to our psychic abilities (and intuition)
- Using onomatopoeias with EFT
- Roxy gets multiple "Bedroom O's" with EFT
- EFT for severe cerebral palsy
- Rue Hass blends EFT with the wisdom of
- A woman with scoliosis finds balance with EFT - follow-up included
- EFT and Ho'oponopono
- Blood improves after a few minutes of EFT
- Thoughts on mental tapping and reframing
- Tapping back your sense of taste when you have a cold or flu
- Feeling and observing emotions
- EFT engages inner child to relieve indigestion (dyspepsia).
- Eric no longer hears voices
- EFT assists Polio patient
- EFT for eliminating hiccups changes a skeptic
- EFT eases nausea
- EFT is helpful when you are afraid to speak up in bed
- How racism can lead to health problems and what to do about it
- EFT helps a Premature Ejaculation (PE) problem
- Laura Orchard uses EFT during a dream
- Bedroom frustration resolved - including follow-ups
- Suzanne Lerner gives her thoughts on diagnosis
- Building confidence and releasing the inner critic
- Nothing in my traditional medical training in Anatomy, Physiology or Pathology even hinted at what I am now witnessing (with EFT) - Chuck Gebhardt, MD
- More successful cases from Dr. Eric Robins
- Can EFT tele-classes cause problems for some participants?
- EFT approaches for "Loose Ligaments" that can apply to countless other issues
- Asking good questions to elicit tappable issues
- EFT for elderly people who stuff their feelings
- EFT with hypnosis provides long term benefits for abandonment issue
- Have you noticed the important feedback you get while doing EFT?
- Leslie Anne Lackman successfully uses humor and takes aim at neuropeptides
- EFT for disliking someone shifts resentments to acceptance -- a major result
- Combining EFT with Dialoguing for impressive results
- Did Karen
- EFT for those who grind their teeth
- Healing the wounded Inner Child with EFT
- EFT after a horrible nightmare
- 25 Ways to be a Fantastic Therapist
- Knocking down the negative walls to let the garden grow - a tale of fertility
- Using movies to enhance and test our work.
- When Your Intensity Level Goes UP Instead Of Down With EFT
- Combining EFT with Timelines
- 10 minutes of EFT put 10 years of Restless Leg Syndrome (RLS) to rest
- EFT stops a blood blister from forming
- Taking the edge off intense emotions--Putting them in a box and tapping on them
- Tapping with good photos and bad photos
- EFT in Daily Life
- Cold Calling: "I'm a second-class citizen, and I have to keep my mouth shut!"
- It is your response that counts.
- Improve your success rate by asking the right questions
- Interview with Gary regarding EFT and yeast problems
- I simply could not dance with Gary!!
- This is simply priceless to a mother of a 16 year old
- A Useful Method for "Private Tapping"
- Why do we sometimes avoid tapping?
- Resolving emotional causes for erectile dysfunction
- EFT substantially aids swallowing problem
- Borrowing Benefits for a seemingly unrelated issue
- Questions on PR as well as possible dangers. (Other responses follow)
- Tuning in to the problem
- Let it be easy
- Banishing the Barriers to having a thriving EFT business
- How to handle emotions about the cheating spouse
- Cascade tapping
- EFT turned Masha into a runner - an interesting side effect
- 200 people watch as EFT improves Range of Motion for a Nurse's arm
- Blending NLP with EFT
- More thoughts about stopping colds with EFT
- An MD successfully uses EFT on a Hiatal Hernia and Candidiasis
- Technical article: Influencing peptides with EFT
- Can You Influence Another Person To Use EFT If They Are Reluctant To Do So?
- EFT for faulty beliefs
- EFT and Reframing using Counter-Examples
- What do you do for friends who incessantly bend your ear while venting their problems?
- EFT for people who go blank when asked to speak
- EFT for sciatica and a 6 year old wounded thumb
- EFT helps a young musician stop shaking
- Tapping with a poem as inspiration
- EFT helps a boy who has many health challenges
- Barb St. Dennis had severe Hepatitis C but now has completely normal blood tests
- Using a metaphor to handle stubborn emotional issues
- Treating negative beliefs with EFT
- Who do YOU think you are?
- An EFT method for installing new behaviors
- Two ways to use EFT for Restless Leg Syndrome
- Did EFT cure Lupus?
- Insights on Borrowing Benefits with EFT
- Hearing the energy shift while doing EFT
- A clever combination of tapping and visualization
- Introducing EFT to kids by way of their "magic fingers"
- EFT for Celiac disease -- no symptoms for 4 months and counting
- EFT and "being the bee"
- EFT helps a serious infection - the redness subsides before their eyes
- EFT for the mental game of poker
- Methods for getting to deep issues, even in a group setting
- Using silent tapping in cases where speaking out loud is too loony
- Taking "The Secret" for a walk with EFT
- Removing the blocks to your goals with EFT
- Methods for working with pain
- Manifesting the life of your dreams with EFT
- Can EFT be used to manifest what you want in your life?
- Inner Child Expert uses EFT for her own healing
- Symptoms quickly fade for a child with a Bi-Polar Diagnosis
- The "Gratitude for My Mistakes" method
- Professional writer uses EFT to overcome writer's block
- EFT helps a bullied woman stay at her job
- Talking to Christians About EFT
- Warming up to "cold calls" with EFT
- An interesting way to do EFT in a group
- EFT for discomfort with networking - an interesting solution
- The Value of Matching and Pacing Belief Systems in Group Training
- Do you have difficulty receiving positive feelings from others?
- A Conversation With Your Body
- EFT provides benefits using Future Tapping
- A New Moment in Science -- useful EFT article for distribution
- What the Bleep do We Know about EFT?
- Curse words aid the clearing of emotional issues
- The Human Brain and Law of Attraction: Optimizing Brain Function with EFT
- Try a motivational Power Hour to improve your business
- The Vibration of Abundance
- MD uses EFT for common colds and canker sores
- Rhythm, Pulse & Percussion In Tapping Treatments
- A clever "Chasing the Pain" case
- Acupuncturist gives his view of EFT and Classical Chinese Medical Aspects
- Thoughts on EFT and Intention
- EFT methods for "Smokers Lung" that apply to most chronic conditions
- Can EFT fix a computer?
- Feeling woosy from Alcohol
- Erica gets a complete overhaul through EFT
- A common sense procedure for getting EFT results
- A Useful Series on Borrowiing Benefits
- EFT methods: Questions, One-Point-EFT and Mental EFT
- Tapping via typing--email sessions
- How to have a happy day
- An experiment on how EFT statements affect our bodies
- Three possible reframes for people struggling with sadness
- Did Erika
- Tap while listening to music that makes you cry
- EFT helps calm an autistic boy after he accidentally hurt his mother
- Untangling two events with EFT leads to business freedom
- Louise's skeptical dad warmed up to EFT
- Tapping for the United Nations
- EFT helps with repulsed feelings about unwanted advances
- 3 Items and some Holiday advice
- Phobia relief on TV in the UK
- EFT appears favorably in a German TV sitcom
- Gwyneth Moss discusses Support for Therapists
- Collapsing a lifelong belief that her mother had tried to harm her in the womb
- How do you do EFT to fit a time slot?
- Clearing clutter for clarity and confidence
- "God Tapping"
- Loving your feminine body
- Having trouble "letting go" in the bedroom
- Getting EFT Blocks and Barriers out of the way - a list of questions
- EFT fixes car to pass inspection
- Ted Robinson's tips for doing Borrowing Benefits groups
- Visualizing and tapping on limiting beliefs
- Ann Adams on getting EFT accepted by Institutions
- Eliminating shingles pain in 1/2 hour
- Why People Sometimes Have Negative Feelings After Doing EFT
- Tapping while traveling can improve your mood
- EFT calms elderly woman
- For the skeptics--Is EFT a placebo?
- Marie's "molestation secret"
- Persistent EFT helps with unnecessary worry and a feeling of always being responsible -- many side issues collapse as well
- A very useful method for getting to important issues
- EFT for an aversion to stuff that disgusts you
- Karen helped her father recover the use of his fingers after a stroke
- EFT for feeling overly responsible
- Tell your friends, there is, at last, a cure for the common cold!
- Positively adjusting the perceptions of others with EFT
- A clever combo of EFT and Essences
- Paralysis finally overcome after everything else failed
- An important case on aspects--Martin's learning challenge
- EFT relieves "incurable" Restless Leg Syndrome (RLS)
- How a physician uses EFT
- EFT for Boredom and Loneliness
- Low Libido is not always as simple as it appears
- Facial paralysis clears in one
- EFT for the complexities of a single, dating life
- Dawson Church successfully applies EFT for his episode of gout
- Persistent, quality EFT adds 5 inches to Gillian's bust line
- Taking EFT into the Corporate Market
- Did EFT keep Wayne from getting more grey hair?
- Expanding Your Comfort Zones: The key to your success
- Ten minutes of EFT restores healthy performance in the bedroom - eliminates the need for the little blue pill
- Resolving nightmares...and more
- Aiming EFT at the FUTURE
- A journey through an important piece of our "newthink."
- Addressing the "Why Bother?" syndrome
- Creating a happy future
- Daily EFT creates calm under explosive family circumstances
- EFT assists conception
- Using Role Playing With EFT
- MD uses EFT for a demented woman
- Gayle Waxon learns to stop her own epileptic seizures with EFT
- Does language matter when doing EFT?
- Using the term "somehow..." within the EFT process
- Blending EFT with Homeopathy
- A quality look at "The Apex Effect"
- Psychiatrist relieves sexual exhibitionism with EFT--4 year follow-up
- Tap and be rich
- EFT helps relieve blushing
- Quickie pain relief--A "one point wonder".
- Helping mother and her unborn baby with EFT
- A successful use of EFT for Hasimoto
- Five extreme behavior patterns related to organizing and how to address them with EFT
- Your Vibration Always Comes First
- EFT and future pacing
- EFT for people who are sensitive
- EFT for painful cramping
- WHO AM I NOW??? How Identity Issues Block Abundance
- Kelly Meisak uses a unique approach for her ADD prone brother
- This lady had not been out of her house for two years because she suffered from chronic burping
- Reiki Master uses EFT in the Republic of Mauritius
- Creating a remarkable bridge to our former history
- Here's a textbook EFT case for using persistence, reframes, chasing the pain, metaphors and creative language
- Carol Look Shows us How to Release Procrastination with EFT
- Helpful hints for the Holidays.
- EFT and visible changes in physical appearance
- EFT assists young boy in taking his Ringworm medicine
- EFT works for cellulitis on 3 separate occasions
- Connecting to our Birthright of Fertility
- How to tap into the
- Tapping for being "able, willing and worthy" may help boost EFT results
- Creating positive affirmations with EFT and your senses
- EFT for painful menopause symptoms
- An interesting EFT approach for getting beyond "glass ceilings"
- EFT using teddy bears
- Victoria's 10-day EFT blood pressure experiment results
- EFT and The Law of Attraction - A Perfect Match
- Tapping with tunes
- Do you have emotional difficulty with the standard EFT phrasing?
- Jewels in the junkyard--the prison population
- EFT improves a mentally disabled young man
- Can You Do EFT With Eyes Closed?
- Not finding the right words for EFT is a block that can be overcome
- High blood pressure recedes - and remains normal a week later
- Deborah Miller beautifully reframes an assault issue into a new personal identity
- The many benefits of EFT circles--and how to do them
- Why does tapping on the side of the hand work?
- EFT for a numb face and tongue - instant relief for a skeptic
- Suzanne Zacharia finds the root causes of Multiple Chemical Sensitivity (MCS)
- EFT to help heal fruit trees - a major new business waiting to happen?
- Mental Dental EFT - for the dentist and the patient
- Sneaking Up On The Problem When You Do EFT
- EFT enhances many things
- EFT for bladder control when on the road
- Silent Night Sadness -- when certain music gives you the blues
- Mary Pellicer, MD, on Intuitive Diagnosis
- EFT provides instant relief for Poison Ivy itching
- Quieting down an elderly stroke victim in a nursing home
- Three Keys to EFT Mastery
- Painful mastitis clears after EFT
- How to get non-profit organizations to host EFT group meetings--and pay you as well
- A creative approach to psychological reversal
- EFT as a morning eye-opener
- EFT for night time trips to the bathroom--including follow-up
- EFT for resistance to doing EFT
- "I have to lie constantly to live my life as I know it"
- Further bridges to our history
- Stress and Me and EFT
- Gratitude and Coach Ben Hammerschmidt
- EFT and Nightmares
- Katie's posture and her many emotional issues
- When conflicting beliefs keep us stuck
- Rehana Webster teaches the details behind a successful blushing case
- Resentment gets in the way of abundance
- Changing a man's life with EFT--including pain, emotions and bedroom romance
- EFT in the snow -- creating comfort in the cold
- Stopping the flu in its early stages
- "How do I get really good at EFT?"
- Relief for Bashful Bladder
- When Positive is Negative - Accepting Your Light
- Tapping through a beginning seizure
- Teresa Knezek treats her own Borderline Personality Disorder (BPD) -- including a 3 year followup
- Raising your metabolism with EFT
- When EFT gives only temporary results
- Using Galvanic Skin Response to validate EFT
- NLP procedures enhance anyone's delivery of EFT
- "Helpless to get what I want" - Using intuition to get at important issues
- MD writes article on Emotions, Energy, and Healing
- Tapping on "what didn
- An aneurism left a man's hand shaking, unable to write for 12 years.
- How to use EFT with your dreams to collapse important emotional issues
- Resolving two bothersome tics with EFT
- Saying "goodbye" with the
- An at risk coronary patient has normal arteries and flawless angiogram after persistent EFT for two months
- Tapping while responding to a nasty comment from the past
- EFT for looking forward instead of backwards
- How Do You Know You Are Benefiting From EFT Much As You Can?
- EFT and the taming of the tongue
- Gwyneth Moss on The Importance of Rehearsal in an EFT session
- How do you feel ABOUT your body having pain?
- Was this a negative reaction to EFT?
- Many benefits from tapping on a prayer
- Future tapping to get what you want
- How to get EFT into Schools
- EFT collapses seasickness and Rosa becomes the life of the party
- What is your body trying to tell you?
- An extraordinary example of the real power of EFT's Borrowing Benefits procedure -- a bridge phobia disappears "behind the scenes"
- EFT for past life issues
- EFT for Body Dysmorphic Disorder (BDD) and a host of other issues
- Prenatal EFT improves hemoglobin count with before and after test
- Getting to the real reason behind Janet's "bedroom inhibitions"
- Tapping on gratitude for EFT
- After EFT, Kay
- A procedure for dealing with the resistance to heal
- To Lead or Not to Lead...
- Looking waaay in the past for the cause of a physical symptom
- Overcoming a lifelong fruit revulsion and some side benefits
- One person
- EFT is effective despite language barriers
- Shingle symptoms gone in just two EFT sessions
- Two examples where working on one issue provides relief for another
- Important EFT topic: Doing the best we can
- Useful thoughts on integrating EFT within the military
- Eckhart Tolle
- Daily uses of EFT with A Course in Miracles (ACIM)
- EFT for helping a mother bond with her child
- How EFT unclogged my toilet
- The Inner Committee
- Can we affect inanimate objects better with EFT? - Rebecca's engine light
- A humorous reply to an EFT skeptic
- EFT enhances math scores
- Praise for EFT from a Buddhist Monk
- EFT calms an autistic boy in school
- Cognitive Shifts (Belief Changes) That Work
- EFT: The Gift to Unwrap and Use before the Holidays!
- Another successful hiccoughs (hiccups) case
- Did EFT help relieve menopause symptoms?
- EFT for addressing what happened in your day -- use it daily for solid long term benefits
- EFT for economic stress -- using "I prefer peace"
- A Psychologist in India uses EFT for suicide intervention
- Demonstrating EFT to a mental health support team
- How to remember your dreams with EFT
- New Uses for EFT
- EFT helps alleviate several issues associated with infidelity
- Handling vertigo symptoms over the phone
- Food stuck in the throat goes down easily after EFT
- In Praise of Continual Tapping
- Scientific evolution of EFT from TFT
- Does EFT compete with God?
- How to Get Into Businesses and Organizations By Getting Welcomed Through the Back Door
- EFT on the move -- for busy people
- EFT for Speech Loss following a Stroke
- Discovering the cause of humming in the ears
- EFT's Borrowing Benefits collapses 36 issues in 2.5 hours
- Problems that are difficult to assess in the here and now. (Several responses follow)
- A tapping tip to lighten the load
- Borrowing Benefits gets impressive results on TV
- Re-evaluating the Apex problem
- Including the word
- EFT improves hearing by 25%
- Successful EFT without knowing the details
- Psychiatrist gets to the real reason his patient couldn't say "NO"
- An EFT Meditation
- Critical Questioning While Doing EFT
- MD uses EFT to treat Sjogren
- Many successes doing
- Jo Huntsman takes EFT into her own hands and has success with Lupus like symptoms
- A metaphor for introducing EFT
- EFT in a plane for scary facial paralysis - a doctor on board said it was Bell
- EFT enhances the "Artist's Way" work
- Do we need to heal the past so that we can move into the future?
- Are you getting the most out of EFT?
- The benefits of tapping along with our DVDs--core memories uncovered
- Allowing EFT to come THROUGH you rather than BY you
- How to know when the healing is done
- Clearing past issues from the walls of our mind
- The ABC approach to EFT
- Ideas for winding up EFT sessions
- Metaphors, Humour and EFT
- Use EFT when you are afraid to speak up
- Success via tapping on a two-sided conflict
- Validating EFT with Neurofeedback
- Did EFT clear a 90% blocked artery?
- After 9 years suffering with polycystic ovary syndrome, Jenn finds relief with EFT
- EFT for forgetting lines in a school play
- EFT for calming while being strapped down on a hospital gurney
- Acupuncturist uses EFT and eliminates her own shingles in three days
- For those who have difficulty telling left from right
- Marketing EFT as a business--Cultivating important Centers of Influence (COI)
- Learning, intelligence and "emotional static"
- Psychiatric Nurse gives pointers for dealing with severe emotional disorders
- Thoughts on an emergency tapping point
- The value of taking dead aim at the negatives
- Circumcision at the root of writer's block
- The Salesman who didn't want to cold call
- Try EFT on everything--even an oncoming fainting spell
- EFT helps an 8 year old with a concussion
- Am I a failure at EFT if there is no miracle?
- Surprising insights than can occur while tapping
- Healing families with EFT - a historical approach
- A physicist speaks
- Why couldn't Jason make a simple decision?
- A New Way to Express Gratitude with EFT
- Resolving many impediments to a satisfactory "bedroom experience"
- Sometimes slowing down EFT can provide quality benefits
- MD uses EFT to clear many issues in 15 minutes
- A simple way to handle Shingles -- no drugs involved
- EFT for severe MSG reaction
- Finding the real issues behind what appeared to be a "Bedroom Romance" problem
- Clever use of EFT clears issues for baby, mother and grandmother - follow-up included
- Did Mary
- Calming effects of EFT during an emergency on an airplane
- EFT brings benefits for leaky gut syndrome and ASD (a form of autism)
- EFT clears nausea - but not in the expected way
- Stronger orgasms with EFT
- Persistence and EFT homework help a woman embrace her femininity
- A quality use of our Borrowing Benefits DVDs
- Some thoughts on secondary gains - and what to do about them
- Being Specific
Table of Contents Help
The tabs on the right are shortcuts to where you have been:
- Previous Screen
- Previous Articles
- Previous Categories
- Start Page
- Hide Entire Menu
Swiping to the left will take you to the previous screen.
The folder icon indicates that more content is available. Click on the icon or the associated text, or swipe to the right to see the additional content.
Articles & Ideas
How to Identify and Correct Psychological Reversals
Important Note: This article was written prior to 2010 and is now outdated. Please use my newest advancement, Optimal EFT. It is more efficient, more powerful and clearly explained in my free e-book, The Unseen Therapist™. Best wishes, Gary
This detailed article by Lindsay Kenny explores many thoughts and "how-to's" regarding the Psychological Reversal portion of EFT's Basic Recipe. She looks at our existing understanding of the process and integrates some interesting thoughts of her own.
I recently re-read an old article of Gary Craig's titled When EFT appears not to work and felt compelled to expound on his excellent editorial. We have become so reliant on EFT as a highly effective healing aid, that we become perplexed if EFT occasionally appears not to be working its magic. When this happens we need to remember that EFT is not the problem, but is rather the bridge to a positive outcome lying on the far side of an obstacle.
With a grasp of the problem, the knowledge of how to solve it, and the persistence to get there, a skilled practitioner can generally circumvent the blockage and reach the desired goal. Hopefully this article will give you some insights and tools to increase your successes with this remarkable tool.
Like Gary, I believe that the primary reason EFT appears not to be working resides in the skill of the practitioner, or lack thereof, rather than any shortcoming of EFT. Not being specific, not resolving the core issue, ignoring the original emotional cause of the problem, are just some of the reasons a practitioner might fail at resolving a case (all of which are detailed in Gary's aforementioned article). Gary has always emphasized that EFT is as much an art as a science, and I whole-heartedly agree.
I believe that the most overlooked obstruction to successful EFT treatments is what many call Psychological Reversals or Polarity Reversals (PR). And I also believe there's much more to Reversals than we originally thought.
Gary has always said that "We're on the ground floor of a healing high-rise," and I've gone back to the ground level to examine the foundational structure. Because, as long as there is an impediment to EFT as significant as Reversals, the unaware practitioner will be stuck in the basement punching a button to an elevator that just isn't coming.
For me, when it appears that EFT is not working, a primary key to rapid and effective treatment lies in identifying the different types of Reversals and how to deal with them.
This is, in my opinion, as important as "being specific," and "being persistent." My experience is that with about 80% of my clients and workshop participants, Reversals are not an issue. For the 20% who have a Reversal, however, its discovery and elimination is paramount to a successful resolution of their issues. The bad news, then, is if Reversals are unrecognized and untreated they can stop EFT in its tracks. The good news is, that once discovered, the solutions for correcting Reversals and therefore resolving the issue, are fairly simple and highly effective.
I break Reversals down into two basic types, each with several sub-categories.
GENERAL POLARITY REVERSALS
The first type of Psychological Reversal is what I consider General Polarity Reversal, or GPR. If a person has GPR rubbing the "sore spot" or karate chop (KC) point during the setup will usually (but not always) take care of it, allowing EFT to work.
GPR can be caused from several factors:
( Negativity - chronic negative thoughts
( Addictions - addictive personalities or addictive substances in the body (including alcohol, nicotine and sometimes prescription medications)
( Dehydration - since the body's electrical system is conducted by water, the lack of water will cause the energy system to be sluggish or severely repressed
( Toxin or substance sensitivity - this could be something the subject just ate, clothing, carpeting, metal in or on the body; such as pins, fillings, metal plates, or even jewelry, a watch or cell phone
Performing the standard set-up procedure (on the sore spot or karate chop point) will usually fix negativity or unknown GPRs. Addictions, dehydration and toxin GPRs, however, are seldom eliminated by doing the set up statement. A good clue to whether or not someone has GPR is if their SUDs (subjective unit of distress, scale of 1 to 10) remains the same, then they may very well be reversed. You'll learn how to remedy reversals throughout this article.
General Polarity Reversal simply means that the electricity or energy in the body is "agitated", or "going in the wrong direction". Therefore the polarity is reversed. Think of the experiment in grade school where you used a magnet to attract tiny particles of metal on a piece of paper. The positive end of the magnet pulled the particles toward it, aligning them up neatly, all going the same direction. The negative end of the magnet, when directed toward the metal shavings, caused the particles to repel from the magnet, scattering and separating them into going in all different directions. In a sense, that's what happens to our body's energy when a negative force, like those listed above, is introduced into the system.
Another way to look at our body's energy field or polarity is to compare it to batteries in a tape recorder, flashlight or a battery-operated toy. The batteries that run the gadget must be installed with the positive and negative polarity seated in the right direction. If not, the appliance simply won't work. Similarly, our body's "batteries" need to be positioned correctly for us to function properly. I'm neither a scientist, physicist, nor energy specialist, so forgive my amateur analogies here. But this is simply a way to visualize a tangible connection or bridge to our mysterious energy system.
On those days when you just feel "off," when you're stumbling over words, dropping things, bumping into walls, or slipping off the curb, your polarity may be out of whack (or reversed). One of the ways to test our GPR is with muscle testing.
* If you are not familiar with muscle testing please read the explanation and try the experiments at the end of this article)
SECONDARY BENEFIT SYNDROME REVERSALS
The second type of Reversal is what I call SBS or Secondary Benefit Syndrome. This type of reversal occurs when the subconscious mind perceives that it is better or safer to keep an issue like negative emotions, chronic pain, extra weight, or a bad habit, than to eliminate it.
Since this is seldom a conscious choice, most people will initially disagree with you if you tell them that they actually want to keep their problem or issue. Of course they don't consciously want to stay emotionally or physically in pain. But the subconscious is a powerful entity, usually exhibiting dominance over our conscious desires.
An example that's easy for most people to understand is the Secondary Benefit Syndrome for people with weight issues. Even though consciously someone may desperately want to lose that extra 50 pounds, their subconscious may be thinking otherwise:
"What if I lose the weight and.....":
7 I still don't get that promotion I want
7 I still don't have many friends
7 I'm still not pretty
7 I'll so pretty that I might get raped again
7 I'll feel deprived of all the foods I love
7 I still don't find the relationship I yearn for
7 my chubby friends start resenting me
7 my clothes won't fit and I can't afford a new wardrobe
7 my skin gets all saggy
7 I'll get too much attention
7 my life still sucks
For someone who has carried around extra weight, trauma, chronic pain, or a phobia for years it becomes a part of his or her personality or even his or her identity. To lose the problem could, to their non-rational subconscious mind, be very threatening.
For instance "If I get over this issue...":
- I won't have an excuse anymore for my life not working
- I may not know who I am anymore
- I won't know how to act as a functional, non-victim person
- I won't get the attention (or sympathy) I get now
WHAT ABOUT MUHAMMAD ALI?
A very public example of this type of SBS, in my opinion, is Muhammad Ali, who has suffered with Parkinson's disease for many years. Several times he has been offered a simple operation known to eliminate the tremors he lives with constantly. Yet he continues to deny the operation: not because he's afraid of it, but perhaps because his Parkinson's serves him at many levels. As a champion boxer Ali was considered one of the greatest boxers of all time. He was idolized by millions of people around the world. However, he was considered by many others, to be a rude, narcissistic, cocky, and arrogant athlete. He was also a divisive figure who was often ridiculed for his flamboyant behavior and controversial personality.
As a sympathized Parkinson's patient, however, Ali is revered as a compassionate, generous humanitarian. He is now a much respected and loved by virtually everyone and is one of most highly sought after speakers of our time. He now is perhaps even more popular, and certainly more appreciated than he was as an able-bodied boxer. To his subconscious, and perhaps even to his conscious mind, he is better off with Parkinson's than without it.
Another example of SBS was "Emma", a retired, 70 year-old physician who had been confined to a wheel chair for several years due to a car accident. During a break in my workshop I caught Emma in the empty room standing by the coffee maker. She was standing on her on two feet and moving around fairly easily. "Oh my" I said, "I didn't know you could walk"!
"Most people don't", she replied, startled. "I just use the wheel chair in public." What an odd thing to do, I thought. "Tell me why that is, Emma" I said. "If you can walk, why wouldn't you choose to do that all the time?"
"Well, I hadn't really thought about it," she replied, "but I guess I get more attention in the wheel chair. I can show up late for appointments or leave early without being hassled. People open doors for me and everyone is so much nicer. I get a lot of other privileges too, including preferential seating at plays, dinners and other events." (Most people don't "get it" quite this easily)
"So if EFT could help get you get over your pain and up and out of that wheelchair for good would you want that?" I asked.
"No, I guess not," she said, kind of sadly. "I've been to countless doctors and nothing has worked. Maybe that's why when I did started feeling better, I stopped going to physical therapy and doing other treatments. I suppose I must like being an invalid. Do you think that's weird?"
I didn't want to tell her what I was thinking. She was quite bright and amazingly perceptive of her own dilemma, when confronted with it, so I did tell her this: that perhaps after being admired and respected as a female doctor for most of her life (during a time when that was quite unusual), she felt a certain emptiness when she retired and moved to another state. The accident that caused her to be wheelchair-bound gave her back some of the attention she had lost as a doctor. Technically, she was reversed on getting better, but now her Secondary Benefit Syndrome had become a conscious choice. Perhaps someday she'll decide that being able-bodied and pain free is better.
If someone really doesn't want to change, I don't feel it's ethically proper for me to make them wrong about that. I may discuss it with them and offer my opinions and their options, but the subconscious mind has a profound affect on our decisions and actions. Most likely my logic, or anyone else's, will not persuade a "professional victim" to change their identity.
SBS: THE SUB CONSCIOUS RULES
Remember that SBS is seldom a conscious issue. Few people who suffer from pain, trauma, phobias, and countless other problems would deliberately choose to remain in pain, unhappy or traumatized. But their subconscious can throw up a roadblock that's a powerful impediment toward eliminating the issue. Once SBS is discovered, however, it is fairly easy to overcome.
I'd like to tell you about "Ted", a 53 year-old client I dealt with a couple of years ago. Ted was a walking example of multiple issues and numerous reversals and the catalyst for my deeper probing into Reversals. It might help if I use Ted to demonstrate the different types of Reversals so you can learn as we unfold his story.
Ted came to me for his depression, but said that he also experienced headaches, anger, chronic pain, muddled thinking, negativity, and what he called "chronic bad luck". Additionally, he had been physical and emotionally abused as a child. His problems, however, only started about 20 years ago.
My first question was, "What happened 20 years ago when your issues began?" He proceeded to tell me about a serious car accident he was involved in that resulted in a broken hip and collarbone, extensive burns, and numerous other injuries. He was hospitalized for three months before enduring an additional eight months of rehabilitation, chronic pain, depression, and extensive physical therapy. Clearly this was a traumatic experience and painful memory for Ted.
Things got even worse, however, when on the way back from his final physical therapy treatment he was broad-sided in an intersection by a drunk driver! Talk about bad "luck!" Not only was Ted seriously injured again, but also the same hip he had been working on for almost a year was crushed - and so was he, emotionally.
WHERE TO START?
We started working on the trauma from both accidents. In remembering the first accident his intensity was at a 10. I like to consider myself a skillful practitioner, so I was beginning to feel dejected when we just couldn't budge his number down at all. He had numerous aspects to several issues. We were being specific about his issues and tried several approaches, such as exploring his level of guilt, anger, resentment, being the victim, it being his fault, other's fault, etc. But nothing was working. We also went back to his childhood and tried working on the anger and resentment from his abuse then. But there was still no reduction in his SUDs level on any subject.
I then asked a question that I should have asked at the first stumbling block: "How much water have you had to drink today"? None, he said, other than a couple of cups of coffee. Well yikes! Everyone should have at least 64 ounces a day, and this was at 2 p.m. already. Obviously he was dehydrated (a big cause of PR) so I had him drink a full glass of water. Now we should get somewhere I thought. But Noooooooo. Nada. He was still in the same place with his issues.
I then muscled tested him for GPR and sure enough he was still Reversed. Drinking the water hadn't fixed it, so I asked if he had any allergies or food sensitivities that he knew of. No, he didn't think he did. I muscle tested him on some common food sensitivities like wheat, corn, rice, soy, dairy, and eggs (by simply asking him to say the words, while pulling down on his arm). That seemed not to be an issue, although there are thousands of things that he could be allergic or sensitive to.
Next I asked if he had a cell phone on him (another thing that often stops EFT in its tracks). He did and it was in his pocket, so I had him turn it off and put it across the room. Now I was sure we'd get some where, but we didn't. We would do a round on a specific issue and his number remained at a 10.
"Man", I thought. "This guy's a tough case". Then I thought of Sandy Radomski's demonstration of heavy metals and the negative affect they can have on us (in Gary's Specialty Series DVD). "Ted, old pal," I said, "do you by any chance have any metal plates or pins in your body?" "Why sure!" he said. "I've got a big metal plate where my hip was crushed". I should have thought of this before, but at the time was just beginning to grasp the different aspects of PR. I muscle tested for sensitivity to his hip replacement by having him put his left hand on his hip while I pulled down on his right arm, which was very weak.
Yippee! Finally we'd found the culprit - I thought! Next we starting clearing him of his hip replacement sensitivity (he didn't know what kind of metal it was, and it didn't matter). I had him put one hand on the hip and rub his set-up point with the other hand and using Dr. Pat Carrington's choice statement had him say:
"Even though I'm sensitive to this metal in my hip, I choose to have my body accept it as safe and healthy."
The reminder phrase was:
"This metal sensitivity" on the first round
"I chose to have my body accept this metal" on the second round, alternating on the different points with "Remaining sensitivity"
On the third, the reminder statement was
"It's ok for my body to accept this metal hip".
His sensitivity seemed to be gone, based on muscle testing. Now we're finally going to get somewhere I thought. But we didn't. There was no movement after doing a couple of tapping sequences. Clearly he had been thinking negatively for some time which would definitely affect is GPR, so I had him do the karate chop reversal technique for a minute or so. His polarity then tested fine with muscle testing, yet we were still getting no where on his issues. I'm usually not this patient and was getting pretty frustrated. Couldn't I just smack him one time? Or would that be wrong?
I had two choices at this point, throw him out the window with his frigging cell phone and hip replacement, or keep plugging away. Fortunately for both of us, I remembered Gary's mantra on being persistent, so we took the latter route. "Geeeez" I thought, "dehydration, cell phone sensitivity, metal sensitivity, and GPR with his negativity! What else could be wrong with this guy? Or am I still missing something?"
Only then did I remember my favorite Reversal: the Secondary Benefit Syndrome. Because he had lived with his issues for so long, this should have been a red flag to me early on. But I was having hot flashes that day, so that's my excuse for not catching SBS sooner. That's my story, and I'm sticking to it. Anyway, I muscle-tested Ted again having him say, "I really do want to get over my depression, the trauma from my accidents, and my other issues." No surprise, he tested weak on each and all of his issues, in wanting to get over them.
I explained SBS to Ted, and he understood the concept, but couldn't believe it could be true for him. Just for "fun" I asked him the following questions:
What would be the downside of getting rid of these issues?
What would be the upside of keeping them?
Is it really safe or in your best interest to let them go?
Would it harm others, will you be "lost" without them, and are you afraid to get over these issues, etc.
Ted's answers were interesting. He admitted that he had lived with his problems for so long that he wasn't sure what his identity would be without his victim status. Would his wife expect more of him? Would he be without an excuse for his life not working? And could he function as an able-bodied and able-minded man? He expounded on each aspect of the questions for awhile and it seemed to open his eyes to what was going on. Even though these questions and his answers wouldn't fix Ted's reversals, it was an enlightening experience for both of us.
To fix his SBS reversals I had Ted do the karate chop (KC) using several reversal phrases:
I don't really want to get over this depression (trauma, chronic pain, etc.) I deeply and completely accept myself
I don't really want to get over any of my issues....
It may not be safe to get over my issues....
I won't know how to act if I get well....
I won't have an excuse for my life being messed up....
I don't really want to be a functioning, responsible adult....
I don't want to forgive the people that ruined my life....
I don't want to be "normal"....
I'm afraid I this won't work and I'll never be well....
We then muscle-tested again and Ted was strong on the positive affirmation of: "I really do want to get over my issues." (We tested each issue separately as well.)
Please understand that fixing a Reversal, does not fix an issue. It only clears the pathway for EFT to work. Now, 90 minutes into Ted's session, we once again started his treatment and immediately started getting positive results. He was going from a 7 or 8 to a 0 in just two or three rounds (it was interesting to note that none of his issues were at a 10 as they were when we first started.) We blew through the accident traumas, each with several aspects that collapsed readily, such as anger, resentment, guilt and sadness.
Even though Ted was a remarkably patient and trusting client, we decided to end the session just short of two hours and schedule another appointment. I gave him homework, which included drinking 6 glasses of water a day, and doing the karate chop every 15 minutes of his waking hours until we saw each other again.
For negative thinkers who are massively reversed like Ted, doing the karate chop frequently helps un-reverse "chronic" GPR. It's worthy to mention that if someone is not reversed, then doing the "cure" for a reversal will do no harm. It will not reverse them. I also had Ted start working on the Personal Peace Procedure (PPP) to get all of his past negative events and issues out on the table. The PPP, is in my opinion, the strongest complimentary EFT tool available to clear out old garbage, restore peace of mind, and promote happiness, and joy.
By the next time I saw Ted he was doing considerably better. He was no longer in the GPR mode and he had worked through several issues on his own. We handled some of the more difficult ones together, like his childhood abuse, and I sent him on his way to continue working on the Personal Peace Procedure on his own. I followed up with him a week or so later when had just finished his PPP (which takes most people a month or more to complete). I found him to be energetic, optimistic, happy and definitely not reversed. He said he had not experienced such peace of mind and joy in his entire life. I love this job!
I TRIED EFT, BUT IT DIDN'T WORK....
As I stated in the beginning, reversals are only one impediment to a successful EFT treatment, but it is often the one that causes people to say, "I tried EFT, but it just didn't work for me". I hate it when that happens.
We know EFT works, and my wish is for practitioners, as well as those using EFT on their own, to do everything possible to remove the obstacles that impede EFT's success. Good luck in tracking down and resolving those illusive Reversal rascals.
My best to all, Lindsay Kenny
* If you have never done muscle testing, then don't get discouraged if this experiment doesn't work for you at first. But you might want to try it, just for fun, with a friend (Let's call your friend "Bob", so we don't have to deal with gender-proper pronouns). Muscle testing is actually a great way to demonstrate not only polarity reversals, but how sensitive our meridian system is to negative thoughts and emotions.
Start by standing facing each other (or you may stand behind him) and have Bob put his dominant arm straight out from his side at shoulder level. Next ask him to resist when you try to pull his arm down. To test Bob's resistance strength put your non-dominant hand on his wrist and pull down. You're doing this to get an idea of how hard you need to push to get his arm to move, not to see how strong he is. This is not a strength contest, rather a resistance test, so make sure Bob isn't forcing his arm up, in order to keep you from pulling it down. Everyone has different strengths and you need to practice with each person to establish a base-line of his or her strength before beginning the actual experiment.
Next, have Bob place his non-dominant hand on top of his head, palm down and tell him to resist as you pull down on his out stretched arm. It should be fairly steady, not moving down more than a fraction. Then have him turn the hand on his head, palm up. Pull down again on his outstretched arm (while telling him to resist). This time his arm should go down fairly easily, or at least several inches. The simplest explanation of why this happens is that Bob will have "reversed the polarity on his batteries". When his hand is palm-down on his head (where a "contact" point resides) his "batteries" are in correctly. With the palm up, the connection is broken and his strength will wane. So, palm down on his head = arm strong: palm up = arm weak. If, however, Bob's arm does not go down when the hand on the head is palm up then Bob has some form of General Polarity Reversal.
Here's a quick way to generally to fix GPR. Have Bob do the Karate Chop (KC) for about 10 seconds. (That's bumping the little-finger-side of his hands against each other, karate chop style.) Test him again the same way and the arm should be weak when the palm is up. If it's still strong with the palm up, then he's still reversed and may be dehydrated or have one of the other causes listed previously.
MORE FUN TESTING
Now, as long as you're in this position you might want to do another fun little polarity experiment. I have participants in my workshops do this with each other to experience the affect negative thoughts; words or emotions have on their energy system. This time let's use your friend "Ann". Ask Ann to put her dominant arm out straight from the shoulder and do the general polarity test as done above with Bob, hand on top of head palm down, then up, etc. Now ask Ann to resist, with her arm out, while saying "My name is Ann". As she's doing that, you pull down on her arm. If her name is really Ann, her arm should be strong. Next, ask Ann to say "My name is Roger", (or Clyde, Frank, Suzy, anything other than her real name). Ask her to resist while saying the false name statement and her arm should go down fairly easily as you pull on it.
This simple little test, along with the palm up/down test, is usually surprising and fun for most people who have never experienced muscle testing before. Using this, along with the other examples below, is how I build the bridge to EFT that Gary talks about often. Of course muscle testing with everyone you meet or talk to about EFT is not practical. But in a one-on-one session or workshop, muscle testing is both fun but functional in describing the "zzzzzt" effect that Gary refers to regarding negative emotions.
Have Ann say some alternating negative and positive words while resisting you as you pull down on her arm with each word. For instance have her say "butterflies" (arm should be strong when you test it), then "September 11th" (arm will be weak), "sunshine" (arm strong) "tsunami disaster" (arm weak) "beautiful flowers" (arm strong) "cancer" arm weak, etc. Think of your own positive and negative words or statements. This simply demonstrates how sensitive our bodies are to negative thoughts, words, or non-truths. If just saying a negative word can make someone go momentarily weak, it's not much of a leap to imagine what a traumatic experience, anger, stress or frustration must do to our body's and overall health.
AUTHOR'S NOTE: Please don't write me (or Gary) if you have problems with these muscle testing examples or experiments. I'm an EFT practitioner, not an expert on kinetic energy. Muscle testing, even in this simple form, often takes practice to master. And there's SO much more to muscle testing than I've outlined here. J You can find volumes of information on muscle testing on the internet and with practice and determination can become proficient at it.
While muscle testing can be a handy tool to use with EFT, I strongly discourage your use of it with clients until you are proficient at it and confident with it. If done incorrectly, muscle testing can produce false information, which may be worse than no information at all.
Furthermore, muscle testing is not essential to experiencing tremendous successes with EFT. Thousands of practitioners seldom or never use it. Others, like me, use it as a metaphor to demonstrate how negative emotions affect us physically, to support our intuition, or to test different aspects of EFT. As with everything in this article, please use it responsibly.
FOR MORE EFT HELP ...
Explore our newest advancement, Optimal EFT™, by reading my free e-book, The Unseen Therapist™. More efficient. More powerful.