- Articles & Ideas
- Being Specific
- The importance of being specific in the EFT Setup Phrase
- Find Early Specific Events
- How to apply EFT when there are no clear, specific memories to tap on
- Tapping on specific events without knowing what they are
- What to do when you can't find your own specific events or issues
- Two cases: (1) Being Specific and (2) Being General
- EFT for the Soul - global versus specific approaches
- How to collapse multiple SPECIFIC EVENTS in one Borrowing Benefits session
- EFT for a bashful bladder - a beautiful example of going for SPECIFIC EVENTS
- Ann Adams on BEING SPECIFIC
- Using NLP to Chunk Down for specifics in an EFT session
- After trying a different approach for Surrogate EFT, a crying baby quiets down
- Successful Surrogate EFT for Seizures
- Breathing problems, surrogate tapping, depression and Try it on Everything
- Surrogate tapping on an "Entity"
- Surrogate EFT relieves baby
- Some thoughts about surrogate (remote) EFT
- Resolving a family fight with surrogate EFT
- Surrogate tapping on a sneezing attack, Successful use of EFT on a raspy throat AND arm wrestling success using only two fingers.
- Helping Helpers: Using Surrogate EFT for Emergencies
- Surrogate tapping for terrorists
- Surrogate EFT Taken Another Step - Clearing Ancestral (Foundational) Issues
- Surrogate tapping and collarbone breathing
- "Seeing" disrupted energy enhances mental (surrogate) tapping
- Solid motivation to use Surrogate EFT
- Surrogate EFT for Chronic Pulmonary Obstruction Disorder
- Surrogate/distance tapping for Cassie the dog
- Successful surrogate tapping for schizophrenic son
- Surrogate EFT to help patients going through medical procedures
- Surrogate EFT arrests a grand mal seizure
- Beth's Stalker Problem Resolved with Surrogate EFT
- What to do in the hospital
- A surrogate EFT Teddy Bear became a special friend for a housebound woman
- Responses to questions on surrogate muscle testing
- Simple uses of Surrogate EFT during every day conversations
- Surrogate tapping stops serious nose bleed
- Surrogate EFT -- "The pain is leaving now through my fingertips."
- Surrogate EFT substantially aids incontinence, anger, dementia and hearing loss.
- Skeptic of surrogate EFT becomes a believer
- A followup after a surrogate session in Albuquerque--Betsy's impressive results
- A touching story: Easing Mary's death through surrogate EFT
- How to do Intentional (or Surrogate) EFT--a 4 Part Series
- Using surrogate EFT for easing a courtroom testimony
- Creative Uses of The EFT Movie Technique
- Living your Dreams with The Hero Technique
- For procrastination: The "Feel the Feeling" Technique
- Time and Reframing: An Easy Technique that Generates Fast Results
- The benefits of describing EFT as a relaxation technique
- The Gratitude Diet - A Thanksgiving Technique
- Stepping back from the movie in the EFT Movie Technique
- Turning the Movie Technique into a cartoon helps with Dysautonomia episode
- Discovering "core scenes"
- A short version of the Collar Bone Breathing Technique
- Doing the EFT Constricted Breathing Technique a few times a day increased Paul
- The "Let it be Easy" Technique
- EFT and the Double Bubble technique: Or how to successfully deal with chronic issues!
- Variations on EFT's Movie Technique
- Doing the EFT Movie Technique in slow motion -- getting to important and otherwise hidden aspects
- The Stepping into Neutral Technique
- Everyday EFT to Create a Fabulous Life--The Emotional Joy Technique
- The Argument Tapping Technique
- Gwyneth Moss's Imagineering Technique for Endometriosis
- The "Tap while you Gripe" Technique
- The EFT Imagineering Technique
- Refusal Tapping Technique
- The "Turbo-Tapping" Technique
- The Bundling Movie Technique for gently addressing long term abuse cases
- Behind the Scenes of the Movie Technique
- The Volcano Technique
- The Movie Technique for kinesthetic learners
- Ideas for enhancing the standard EFT Setup
- How do I choose the phrases to use while doing EFT?
- Soft language to ease The EFT Set-Up Phrases
- A useful EFT phrase--"Reclaiming" all our possibilities
- How Do You Know What To Say For an EFT Setup Phrase?
- A New Way to Use the
- Using "It's In Here" in the EFT Setup phrase
- Testing our work and personal radiation
- Useful ways to expand the EFT Set-up Phrase
- Jarrod Bailey from Australia experiments with EFT Setup Phrases and explains his findings
- Touch And Breathe--TAB Paper
- Using the 9 Gamut Procedure when emotion gets "stuck in the right brain"
- Tapping on both sides of the body, on feel-good points only, then taking deep breaths after each point
- Injecting "want to" into the EFT Setup language
- EFT Imagineering cleared lungs and improved breathing
- Using the EFT setup statement as a a pledge
- Dr. Carol Look discusses the importance of testing in EFT
- The advantages of using the 9 Gamut Procedure
- EFT to clear chakras and increase vibration
- Testing your EFT work - The
- Adding muscle testing to EFT
- Effectively using "What if" in the EFT Setup Phrase
- A creative way to develop EFT Setup statements
- Gwyneth Moss on Reality Testing
- The Alternate Phrase Technique--tapping on both sides of a conflict.
- Ideas on Muscle Testing, EFT and Developing Intuition
- Why do we use negatives in the EFT setup statement?
- The 3-2-1 process: untangling yourself from others
- Mary Hunt on Intuition: Getting yourself out of the way.
- Thoughts on Surrogate EFT and "getting yourself out of the way"
- Frances Songhurst finally gets a rapid result for herself
- Developing self compassion with persistent EFT
- Karen's thoughts on self forgiveness
- Freeing our "Critical Mind" into Self Acceptance with EFT
- Using "I love THAT about myself" in the EFT process
- Tapping on one's self talk--a great idea for collapsing our "inner critic"
- EFT helps a man look people in the eye
- Self sabotage-healing the parts that don
- EFT gives relief to a self-cutter by first finding emotional causes
- Anja shares her self-healing process
- Getting the most out of self-help books with EFT
- Billy McCombie self applies EFT for an impressive list of benefits
- S-L-O-W EFT for self help on broad issues
- Give Yourself a Gift by Creating an EFT Journal
- Resolving childhood issues with EFT increases compassion for self
- Tapping for negative self-talk - "I am unable to step out of it"
- Paradoxes in validating one's Self
- When self acceptance becomes a problem...
- EFT for relief from feeling responsible for everyone else before taking care of self
- The role of self-punishment in Dis-ease
- Steve Wells series on EFT and Self-Acceptance--Part 1 of 4--(subsequent parts given below)
- EFT improves self esteem
- Rue Hass on "I deeply and completely accept myself"
- EFT As a Conversation With Yourself
- Self acceptance without judgment
- A Complex Case - Doubts and Self-empowerment - The Return of Hair and more
- Julie Howard uses EFT for being hard on herself
- EFT for the lingering effects of a brain tumor from 12 years before
- Surrogate EFT for Yourself
- Self Image: An insightful look at the "Writings on our Walls"
- EFT for Self Confidence
- Conversations with Dr. Mercola -- Part 4 of 7
- EFT Clients!
- Kinetic tremor disappears as Turkish MD addresses client's emotional issues
- 7 Step pre-tapping checklist for client work
- When the client won't speak about the issue
- Helping clients by using "Meta Programs"
- EFT Successfully Collapses Childhood Beliefs About Food -- Client Stops Overeating
- Enhancing the life of Burak -- a Down Syndrome client
- Using EFT for the client who feels bad about herself
- 8 tips for building your EFT practice with email newsletters
- Conversations with Dr. Mercola -- Part 5 of 7
- Improving results with dissociated clients
- What Questions Should You Ask When Seeking An EFT Practitioner?
- Thoughts on following your EFT intuition with clients
- EFT from a CLIENT'S POINT OF VIEW
- Hair dresser helps client raise her arm - The salon clients cheered
- How to search for an EFT Practitioner
- The client who is "Never Good Enough" and The Brick Wall Technique
- Doing EFT for the client that is afraid to get started
- How this therapist uses Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) and EFT together
- Conversations with Dr. Mercola -- Part 6 of 7
- Tips for when clients have difficulty accessing their feelings
- EFT Speeds Rehabilitation and Physical Therapy: Irene Mitchell Update
- How To Tell In Advance Whether An EFT Practitioner Has Sufficient Skill in EFT
- How to use EFT when the client won't reveal the issue
- Dr. Pat Carrington's "EFT At Work In A Hospital" Series
- Client has Somatic Release that involved shaking in a seizure-like fashion
- How to Build Your EFT Practice by Leveraging Your Biggest Resource
- Physical therapy like it should be--dramatic improvements in a rehab center
- When clients get overwhelmed or frustrated with EFT
- When clients can
- Conversations with Dr. Mercola -- Part 7 of 7
- The Emotional Scale in EFT Practice
- Hearing voices and multiple issues relieved: "One session of EFT does more for me than years of [conventional] therapy ever could."
- Is Your Chosen EFT Practitioner Really Helping You?
- Some thoughts about doing EFT with multilingual clients
- Curtis Steele, MD shares his thoughts and experiences using EFT in a psychiatric practice
- Good reasons for using an EFT Practitioner
- Ingrid Dinter's Box Technique for helping a client wind down when time is running out in a session
- EFT used to calm down a client during a severe seizure episode
- Working through the pain and fear in the midst of divorce
- EFT'er encourages clients to find their favorite EFT points
- Conversations with Dr. Mercola - Part 1 of 7
- EFT with a schizophrenic client
- A detailed EFT oriented session via email for a client with serious issues
- The Pros and Cons of EFT Telephone Therapy
- Did EFT help Gayla's client reduce the blockage in his arteries?
- What stops clients from pursuing their dreams?
- Surrogate EFT used to calm down a bi-polar client
- Why see an EFT practitioner?
- Fitting EFT within the client's belief system
- Limiting beliefs may limit your EFT practice
- Using EFT With "The Secret"
- What to do when your client is beset by an "evil monster"
- Using EFT to create positive self beliefs for a client who deems herself "not good enough"
- 4 Part Series on Helping Clients with their 0-10 Accuracy
- Psychosis: Hearing Voices--EFT achieves more in one session than 13 years of medications and traditional therapy.
- Karen Donaldson Highlights Some "Slimming Down" Successes With Her Clients -- Many Side Issues Explored
- Surrogate EFT brings calming effect to Schizophrenic client
- Yet another impressive use of Surrogate EFT--this time an audience sends the client out of the room and taps for her
- The Many Factors Affecting Client Motivation and Follow Through
- If the client starts shaking...
- If your client believes that the world is run by a red elephant....
- Making A Great Impression With Your New EFT Client
- EFT and Time Line Therapy helps 92 year old man live in the now
- How do I use EFT for the client who has many, many, many severe issues?
- Listening to this client's words led to a surprising core issue
- Successful Surrogate EFT for a Cerebral Palsy client
- Profuse bleeding stops even though client was on Coumadin (blood thinner)
- Shaking Off Negative Client Energies Between Sessions
- Adding EFT to conventional talk therapy
- EFT aids an "energy sensitive" client
- Criminal defense attorney uses EFT to help innocent client during cross-examination
- Conversations with Dr. Mercola -- Part 2 of 7
- Conversations with Dr. Mercola Part 3
- Do you attract clients that want everything for free?
- When should you consult an EFT Practitioner?
- The Apex Effect -- client cannot even remember the details of her former problem
- Dr. Patricia Carrington's use of "Choices" in the EFT Setup Phrase
- Rebecca Marina's 10 steps to building a prosperous EFT practice
- When The Client Wishes To Maintain Privacy
- An answer as to why some clients do not tap even when they know EFT will help them?
- Two successes where the client surrogate taps for other people--everyone benefits
- Tips to consider when you have had "incomplete success" with an EFT client
- Core Issues
- MD resolves arm weakness problem by relieving an emotional core issue
- Two examples where core issues show up during an EFT session
- A Useful Way To Find Core Issues In The EFT Process
- Ilana Weiler uses the 7 Whys method for getting to core issues
- The "Audio Technique" for getting to core issues
- A clever way to find core issues
- A surprising core issue behind business call reluctance
- Using the Palace of Possibilities to uncover core issues
- Blending Redecision Therapy with EFT--a creative way to uncover core issues
- Iris finds her own core issue
- Eliminating Hot Flashes With EFT Tapping -- Surprising Core Issues
- Tracing core issues back to the birth process
- The "7 Whys" method for getting to core issues
- When "insignificant" childhood events are the real core issues
- Getting To Feelings And Core Issues By Imagining You Are Writing A Story - A Version Of The EFT Tell The Story Technique
- An Impressive Search For EFT Core Issues -- Asking The Right Questions
- A self questioning method for getting to your core issues
- An extraordinary account of tapping on a prenatal core issue -- or how to change a life in moments
- In Search Of An Elusive EFT Core Issue
- Finding An EFT Core Issue -- "But What Did He Give You?"
- Barbara shares an insightful way to find core issues
- An excellent question to help find core issues
- Finding and Dealing with Core Events
- A classic case for finding a core issue
- Finding core issues when someone is emotionally flat lining
- The core issue behind Carl's inability to "perform"
- Collapsing the core issues of procrastination with EFT
- Obsession with having affairs ends after finding the core issue
- Why Cathy didn't enjoy Christmas--an embarrassing core event
- Using Tail Enders to find core issues
- A clever method for finding core issues
- Two Newcomer EFT Tapping Successes: Fainting And Shyness
- A newbie dropped pounds at a time she usually gained
- Relative Newbie's First Major Tapping Toe Stub - Foot Pain Issue
- Newbie quiets her daughter
- Doing EFT for a newcomer without having to explain it
- Easy and Effective EFT for Newcomers
- Newbie has great results with persistent hiccoughs!
- Borrowing Benefits newcomer details impressive success
- EFT Newcomer Helps Her Daughter Relieve Constipation
- Quality advice for EFT Newbies
- How watching the EFT DVDs helped a nausea case
- EFT newbie successfully surrogates for her dying plant
- A newbie with 6 rounds of EFT eliminates her bladder infection pain
- Using EFT
- Using EFT with massage
- Using EFT within a unique form of meditation
- Using EFT for a stroke and other issues -- In praise of the 9-gamut procedure
- Using EFT to eliminate recurring dreams
- Using EFT for Self-Doubt
- Using EFT to say Good-Bye to a dying person
- Using EFT to release "the decision to be miserable"
- Using EFT for the Inner Child
- Using EFT with a dementia patient: A touching story
- Using EFT over the phone
- Using EFT for bothersome noises
- Using EFT to easily learn another language
- Benefits of using EFT in a cardiac group
- Tapping on TREEs -- a metaphor for using EFT
- Using EFT for the "Grey Life Syndrome"
- Using EFT to resolve issues in your dreams
- Using EFT to build emotional strength in overwhelming circumstances
- Using EFT for Menopause, Hot flashes and Chills
- Using EFT for Scleroderma
- Using EFT for preventing illness
- Using EFT for Self-Confidence in a specific area
- Using EFT for overcoming procrastination
- Personal Pleasure Procedure - Using EFT to improve your romantic life
- Using EFT for a double ankle sprain
- Using EFT for Abundance releases limiting beliefs
- Using EFT to rejuvenate a withered plant
- Using EFT for Procrastination
- Marielle discovers a lifetime core issue while using EFT for a bad cough
- Using EFT for the side effects of Medications
- Using EFT for feeling like a failure
- Using EFT for cerebral palsy
- Using EFT for emphysema
- Using EFT to increase blood platelet count--an article with far reaching implications
- Using EFT for old and frail people
- Easy stress reducer using EFT with statements like, "The world is conspiring in my favor"
- 11 year old girl finds lost cell phone using EFT
- Using EFT for our illiterate and semi-literate brothers and sisters
- Using EFT for struggling students with ADD
- Using EFT to Trade the Market
- A successful case of using EFT for candida yeast infections
- Persistence worked when using EFT at the first signs of a cold
- Using EFT to advance your business
- Using EFT for world crises
- Using EFT for clearing poltergeist energy
- After using EFT, Paul's 84 year old mum recovered very quickly from a surgical operation
- Using EFT for a choking emergency
- Using EFT to neutralize "family differences"
- Using EFT to release the pain of saying goodbye
- Using EFT for clearing clutter and organizing your life
- Using EFT for the Holidays
- Using EFT for Poison Ivy
- Using EFT over the phone for on-the-spot issues
- Thoughts on using EFT for procrastination
- Using EFT for "Everything is my fault!"
- A guy thing: Tips on using EFT for male ED
- Using EFT for Tachycardia
- Using EFT for Chemotherapy symptoms
- An encouraging example of using EFT for Crohn's Disease
- Using EFT for an ailing pony
- Using EFT for wrinkles - An alternative to Botox?
- Using EFT to overcome the resistance to exercise
- Using EFT while you are in an argument
- Using EFT for Chronic Problems
- Heaviness in both legs disappears after using EFT on "These Growing Pains"
- Some thoughts on using EFT for personal peace
- Using EFT for Herpes
- Using EFT on Asperger
- How to Handle Self Sabotage by Using EFT
- Using EFT from pre-birth to the present
- Using EFT to enhance persuasion skills
- Using EFT with our "internal parents"
- Using EFT for spiritual issues
- Using EFT to Create
- Success by using EFT while reading our Newsletter articles
- A subtle, yet powerful self-image benefit from using EFT
- Suggestions for using EFT with a Mother
- Using EFT for Alzheimer's disease
- Many benefits in 3 months using EFT's Personal Peace Procedure
- Using EFT for Muscular Dystrophy
- Some tips when using EFT by yourself
- Using EFT to bring up core memories
- Specific couple techniques using EFT
- Using EFT for Jet Lag--even with 4 time changes
- Using EFT to manifest your goal more easily
- Using EFT with a Skeptic
- Using EFT for Premature Ejaculation
- Using EFT with computers, web-cameras and microphones
- Using EFT to cut "energetic cords" of attachment to people
- Using EFT for Goal Setting
- Using EFT for motivation to exercise
- Using EFT to avoid tears while chopping onions
- Using EFT to reclaim our personal power
- Using EFT for inanimate objects may point to your own issues
- Using EFT to avert an amputation
- A method for using EFT regarding the "difficult people" in your life.
- Using EFT to relieve a cold sore (Herpes HSV-1)
- Using EFT to learn foreign language pronunciation
- Using EFT with a Survivor of Domestic Violence
- Using EFT to better enjoy certain foods and expand sensory experience
- Using EFT for forgiveness
- Using EFT with A Course in Miracles teachings
- Using EFT for racial prejudice
- Lifelong car sickness disappears--but only after using EFT on the real issue
- Using EFT to bring us back into balance during challenging situations
- Using EFT for a clogged ear
- Follow up on "Using EFT to avert an amputation"
- Using EFT for Trigeminal Neuralgia
- Using EFT for changing habits and more
- Using EFT in singing lessons
- Using EFT to Enhance Bedroom Romance
- Using EFT to find (and collapse) a limiting belief
- Using EFT for mother issues
- Using EFT for Plantar Fasciitis
- Using EFT for Dreamwork
- Using EFT for Marathon Training and difficult things to do
- Using EFT when a specific word triggers you
- Using EFT to support the In Vitro Fertilization (IVF) process
- Using EFT to regain Laurence's sense of taste.
- Big benefits from using EFT on an "irrelevant memory"
- Tips and strategies for using EFT with Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD)
- Using EFT to reduce our judgment of others
- Using EFT in the Emergency Room: Raging bladder infection subsides
- Q & A Series on using EFT
- Using EFT to start the day
- Passing a driving test using EFT - a case with many aspects
- Using EFT for your Biggest Problem
- Ideas for those using EFT to further their own personal development
- Using EFT on imaginary parts
- Classic case of using EFT for the child within
- Overcoming a lifelong fruit revulsion and some side benefits
- One person
- EFT is effective despite language barriers
- Shingle symptoms gone in just two EFT sessions
- Two examples where working on one issue provides relief for another
- Important EFT topic: Doing the best we can
- Useful thoughts on integrating EFT within the military
- Eckhart Tolle
- Daily uses of EFT with A Course in Miracles (ACIM)
- EFT for helping a mother bond with her child
- How EFT unclogged my toilet
- The Inner Committee
- Can we affect inanimate objects better with EFT? - Rebecca's engine light
- A humorous reply to an EFT skeptic
- EFT enhances math scores
- Praise for EFT from a Buddhist Monk
- EFT calms an autistic boy in school
- Cognitive Shifts (Belief Changes) That Work
- EFT: The Gift to Unwrap and Use before the Holidays!
- Another successful hiccoughs (hiccups) case
- Did EFT help relieve menopause symptoms?
- EFT for addressing what happened in your day -- use it daily for solid long term benefits
- EFT for economic stress -- using "I prefer peace"
- A Psychologist in India uses EFT for suicide intervention
- Demonstrating EFT to a mental health support team
- How to remember your dreams with EFT
- New Uses for EFT
- EFT helps alleviate several issues associated with infidelity
- Using Galvanic Skin Response to validate EFT
- NLP procedures enhance anyone's delivery of EFT
- "Helpless to get what I want" - Using intuition to get at important issues
- MD writes article on Emotions, Energy, and Healing
- Tapping on "what didn
- An aneurism left a man's hand shaking, unable to write for 12 years.
- How to use EFT with your dreams to collapse important emotional issues
- Resolving two bothersome tics with EFT
- Saying "goodbye" with the
- An at risk coronary patient has normal arteries and flawless angiogram after persistent EFT for two months
- Tapping while responding to a nasty comment from the past
- EFT for looking forward instead of backwards
- How Do You Know You Are Benefiting From EFT Much As You Can?
- EFT and the taming of the tongue
- Gwyneth Moss on The Importance of Rehearsal in an EFT session
- How do you feel ABOUT your body having pain?
- Was this a negative reaction to EFT?
- Many benefits from tapping on a prayer
- Future tapping to get what you want
- How to get EFT into Schools
- EFT collapses seasickness and Rosa becomes the life of the party
- What is your body trying to tell you?
- An extraordinary example of the real power of EFT's Borrowing Benefits procedure -- a bridge phobia disappears "behind the scenes"
- EFT for past life issues
- EFT for Body Dysmorphic Disorder (BDD) and a host of other issues
- Prenatal EFT improves hemoglobin count with before and after test
- Getting to the real reason behind Janet's "bedroom inhibitions"
- Tapping on gratitude for EFT
- After EFT, Kay
- A procedure for dealing with the resistance to heal
- To Lead or Not to Lead...
- Looking waaay in the past for the cause of a physical symptom
- EFT's Borrowing Benefits collapses 36 issues in 2.5 hours
- Problems that are difficult to assess in the here and now. (Several responses follow)
- A tapping tip to lighten the load
- Borrowing Benefits gets impressive results on TV
- Re-evaluating the Apex problem
- Handling vertigo symptoms over the phone
- Food stuck in the throat goes down easily after EFT
- In Praise of Continual Tapping
- Scientific evolution of EFT from TFT
- Does EFT compete with God?
- How to Get Into Businesses and Organizations By Getting Welcomed Through the Back Door
- EFT on the move -- for busy people
- EFT for Speech Loss following a Stroke
- Discovering the cause of humming in the ears
- Learning, intelligence and "emotional static"
- Psychiatric Nurse gives pointers for dealing with severe emotional disorders
- Thoughts on an emergency tapping point
- The value of taking dead aim at the negatives
- Circumcision at the root of writer's block
- The Salesman who didn't want to cold call
- Try EFT on everything--even an oncoming fainting spell
- EFT helps an 8 year old with a concussion
- Am I a failure at EFT if there is no miracle?
- Surprising insights than can occur while tapping
- Healing families with EFT - a historical approach
- A physicist speaks
- Why couldn't Jason make a simple decision?
- A New Way to Express Gratitude with EFT
- Resolving many impediments to a satisfactory "bedroom experience"
- Sometimes slowing down EFT can provide quality benefits
- MD uses EFT to clear many issues in 15 minutes
- A simple way to handle Shingles -- no drugs involved
- EFT for severe MSG reaction
- Finding the real issues behind what appeared to be a "Bedroom Romance" problem
- Clever use of EFT clears issues for baby, mother and grandmother - follow-up included
- Did Mary
- Calming effects of EFT during an emergency on an airplane
- EFT brings benefits for leaky gut syndrome and ASD (a form of autism)
- EFT clears nausea - but not in the expected way
- Stronger orgasms with EFT
- Persistence and EFT homework help a woman embrace her femininity
- A quality use of our Borrowing Benefits DVDs
- Some thoughts on secondary gains - and what to do about them
- Including the word
- EFT improves hearing by 25%
- Successful EFT without knowing the details
- Psychiatrist gets to the real reason his patient couldn't say "NO"
- An EFT Meditation
- Critical Questioning While Doing EFT
- MD uses EFT to treat Sjogren
- Many successes doing
- Jo Huntsman takes EFT into her own hands and has success with Lupus like symptoms
- A metaphor for introducing EFT
- EFT in a plane for scary facial paralysis - a doctor on board said it was Bell
- EFT enhances the "Artist's Way" work
- Do we need to heal the past so that we can move into the future?
- Are you getting the most out of EFT?
- The benefits of tapping along with our DVDs--core memories uncovered
- Allowing EFT to come THROUGH you rather than BY you
- How to know when the healing is done
- Clearing past issues from the walls of our mind
- The ABC approach to EFT
- Ideas for winding up EFT sessions
- Metaphors, Humour and EFT
- Use EFT when you are afraid to speak up
- Success via tapping on a two-sided conflict
- Validating EFT with Neurofeedback
- Did EFT clear a 90% blocked artery?
- After 9 years suffering with polycystic ovary syndrome, Jenn finds relief with EFT
- EFT for forgetting lines in a school play
- EFT for calming while being strapped down on a hospital gurney
- Acupuncturist uses EFT and eliminates her own shingles in three days
- For those who have difficulty telling left from right
- Marketing EFT as a business--Cultivating important Centers of Influence (COI)
- Key Concepts in Mastering EFT
- Borrowing Benefits in the Criminal Justice System
- The "proper words" to use for the EFT Set-up Statement
- Borrowing Benefits hastens the healing of mystery thumb sores
- Breaking habits
- Relaxing a dying man
- We are babes crawling on the floor of the Universe
- Susan de Tarr eliminates her 54 year old motion sickness in 10 minutes
- How to convince an entire audience about EFT
- Psychiatrist relieves sexual exhibitionism with EFT--4 year follow-up
- Emotion and Perception: EFT makes it a two way street
- EFT on an inanimate object: The car that wouldn't start
- Combining EFT with Humor
- EFT helps remove "stuck ring"
- A Lesson in EFT Intuition--Letting it flow through you
- EFT brings relief for ALS
- How to tell others about EFT
- Some thoughts on when to use "I choose" vs. "I prefer"
- EFT for changing entrenched habits
- Experts point to dramatic changes in brain waves as a result of EFT
- Continuous tapping resolves an intense abreaction
- Did 20 minutes of EFT straighten bones that had knitted improperly 50 years before?
- EFT and the right to be happy
- EFT for feeling unqualified to be successful
- EFT relieves a case of the Hiccups
- EFT for facing those who caused you pain
- Did EFT bring this man out of a coma?
- "It was impossible for the testicle to descend on its own."
- The Merits of Daily Tapping
- Is it safe to change?
- Processing your life's key words with EFT
- Brain dumping with EFT to get started on global issues
- EFT helps salesman double his sales
- An EFT Procrastination case
- From a 38 B to a 38 D/DD while losing 20 pounds
- Thoughts on Psychological Reversal from Rue Hass -- with an ADD example
- Gratitude tapping
- EFT in Kenya
- Are you suppressing your EFT talents?
- EFT as a cure for boredom
- Improving intimate moments with EFT
- Dispersing 50 years worth of suppressed emotion
- A brief heat exhaustion case
- Messages from an oven
- How Dawn Norton used EFT to collapse her own "horror" issue
- Five-for-one benefits from an introductory EFT group
- Making EFT a routine
- Using "Inner Dialogues" with EFT
- EFT relieves an unusual
- How I grew my bustline with EFT
- An 8 year old boy with very strange eating habits finds a new menu with EFT
- Jeff Lipnick uses EFT to keep from blacking out
- EFT, ED and related bedroom issues
- Daily tapping lowers blood sugar
- Borrowing Benefits while watching The EFT Course
- Who do YOU think you are?
- Headache relief over the phone
- Claude improves his fishing
- Using humor with EFT
- How to handle a "vague feeling" with EFT
- Eight Easy Ways to Remember to Do EFT
- Tapping to improve your intuition
- The acute sinusitis case that wouldn't budge until....
- It's never too late to clear useless childhood beliefs
- EFT for the emotional aspects of a Cesarean Section
- Ten steps to changing your limiting responses to a falling economy
- EFT for stammering
- Dr. Barr used EFT after cutting off the tip of his thumb
- Judi thinks that doing EFT for others helped her - winning in Las Vegas
- Borrowing Benefits with EFT improves communication at a committee meeting
- Thoughts about inheriting illness from our ancestors
- Twelve years of facial numbness eliminated with 2 rounds of EFT
- EFT and insights (cognitive change)
- Giving more meaning to the 0-10 intensity rating
- MD Applies EFT to Successfully Relieve Urethral Pain
- Borrowing Benefits: My Jury has returned with a verdict
- How to Identify and Correct Psychological Reversals
- Dr. Carol Look's Top 10 Tapping Tips
- How do I introduce EFT to skeptics? (Building Bridges to Believability)
- Why do people resist EFT?
- What would happen if this problem wasn't there any more?
- Wisdom from Mair Llewellyn regarding the "Writing on our Walls"
- Incorporating EFT into Corporate Programs
- EFT -- a quality aid for Shingles
- Strong correlation found between EFT and Dr. Emoto's work with water
- EFT and The Power of Reframing
- A touching story about Michael, his ailing aunt and EFT
- Letting intuition flow with EFT
- A lesson in "letting go"
- Can we learn to be grateful no matter what?
- Improve your EFT sessions by waking up your senses
- Severe lung congestion clears with persistent daily EFT
- Was prostate cancer really the cause of Sam's Low Libido?
- EFT for the Sensitive Person -- Awakening the Wild Pony Within
- EFT helps release nervousness before an important meeting
- Impressive results with autism
- Releasing chaotic behavior through EFT
- EFT hat dance
- Deserving to live -- an intense memory resolved
- EFT helps with hair loss, facial blemishes, hay fever, smoking and PMS
- Expert gives us an inside look at Group EFT
- Baerbel Borrows Benefits in her own EFT group and dissolves her creative blocks
- When EFT Doesn't Seem to Work
- Motion sickness averted through "Chasing the Pain."
- More on EFT and Reframing by Tania Prince
- Consistent and Impressive results from EFT group work
- Gordon was in a psychiatric hospital for two years and was released two weeks after one EFT session
- How feelings in the body are related to emotional clearing
- EFT for the Inner Child
- EFT for food poisoning
- Two cases of doing EFT in public without looking silly
- Improving romantic openness and enjoyment with EFT
- EFT for Reactive Attachment Disorder (RAD) - "You can't make me!"
- EFT brings beauty to a hospice setting
- EFT collapses competing thoughts and thus aids The Law of Attraction
- How to transform disappointment into gratitude
- EFT Question Tapping
- Helping a 97 year old man to die peacefully
- Successful EFT phone work makes major shifts for overwhelmed mother
- Thoughts on resolving difficult physical problems
- A unique way to expand EFT
- EFT removes a pesky "phantom itch"
- Tips for conducting intensive EFT sessions -- a several day case regarding Bulimia
- Create acceptance of your life with EFT
- Clearing a food aversion in 5 minutes
- What would appear to be the main issue may not be so
- How long should the flu last?
- EFT for making your voice stronger
- A new kind of mosquito relief?
- Try fork bending with EFT
- A clever approach to finding core memories
- An adventure within the Palace of Possibilities
- Injured toe gains relief using two important EFT concepts
- Sarah Jordan makes progress after realizing a childhood need
- Aiming EFT at our Future
- What to do when the "Bedroom Spark" goes out
- Tap on experiences that are stuck in parts of your body
- The young woman who kept quitting her jobs
- How to create empowering reframes (seeing things differently) with EFT
- Praise for tapping along with the EFT DVDs
- EFT for a spider (and mosquito) bite
- EFT helps Elaine learn the clarinet at 50
- Two stories to create a bridge between your audience and EFT
- Two cases: Putting on needed pounds with EFT & Holding water for an ultrasound
- Mom doing EFT for autistic son yields enormous changes in one month
- About Voice Technology...
- EFT and sex
- A "Hard to Swallow" case
- Healing the "Missing Mother Syndrome" with EFT
- Borrowing Benefits from Sacramento to the United Kingdom
- Quadriplegic feels "bubbles" during EFT session
- When you are in traffic and REALLY have to pee....
- Many benefits from watching our EFT-Beyond the Basics DVDs
- Technical evidence of the link between emotional causes and physical ailments
- Borrowing Benefits and an Acute Respiratory Disorder
- Attracting Abundance by Shifting Your Energy
- Finding the root of the problem
- Thoughts on dealing with corporations
- MD provides secretary with "The Incredible Shrinking Hemorrhoids"
- Lindsay Kenny answers Frequently Asked Questions about EFT
- Building confidence and releasing the inner critic
- Nothing in my traditional medical training in Anatomy, Physiology or Pathology even hinted at what I am now witnessing (with EFT) - Chuck Gebhardt, MD
- More successful cases from Dr. Eric Robins
- Can EFT tele-classes cause problems for some participants?
- EFT approaches for "Loose Ligaments" that can apply to countless other issues
- Asking good questions to elicit tappable issues
- EFT for elderly people who stuff their feelings
- EFT with hypnosis provides long term benefits for abandonment issue
- Have you noticed the important feedback you get while doing EFT?
- Leslie Anne Lackman successfully uses humor and takes aim at neuropeptides
- EFT for disliking someone shifts resentments to acceptance -- a major result
- Combining EFT with Dialoguing for impressive results
- Did Karen
- EFT for those who grind their teeth
- Healing the wounded Inner Child with EFT
- EFT after a horrible nightmare
- 25 Ways to be a Fantastic Therapist
- Knocking down the negative walls to let the garden grow - a tale of fertility
- Using movies to enhance and test our work.
- When Your Intensity Level Goes UP Instead Of Down With EFT
- Combining EFT with Timelines
- 10 minutes of EFT put 10 years of Restless Leg Syndrome (RLS) to rest
- EFT stops a blood blister from forming
- Taking the edge off intense emotions--Putting them in a box and tapping on them
- Tapping with good photos and bad photos
- Improving the ability to laugh with EFT
- A tapping song
- EFT on autopilot
- EFT resolves limiting childhood beliefs
- Medical transcriptionist says that in thousands of serious medical cases, she never saw a cure for anyone
- A short woman no longer feels intimidated around tall people after one EFT session
- Tapping along with a prayer
- Rapid Relief for Herpes
- Peak Performance Series
- A solid "Doing Business with EFT" idea from Rebecca Marina
- Emphatic EFT dramatically shifts many things--use this on stubborn issues
- EFT for eliminating barriers to our psychic abilities (and intuition)
- Using onomatopoeias with EFT
- Roxy gets multiple "Bedroom O's" with EFT
- EFT for severe cerebral palsy
- Rue Hass blends EFT with the wisdom of
- A woman with scoliosis finds balance with EFT - follow-up included
- EFT and Ho'oponopono
- Blood improves after a few minutes of EFT
- Thoughts on mental tapping and reframing
- Tapping back your sense of taste when you have a cold or flu
- Feeling and observing emotions
- EFT engages inner child to relieve indigestion (dyspepsia).
- Eric no longer hears voices
- EFT assists Polio patient
- EFT for eliminating hiccups changes a skeptic
- EFT eases nausea
- EFT is helpful when you are afraid to speak up in bed
- How racism can lead to health problems and what to do about it
- EFT helps a Premature Ejaculation (PE) problem
- Laura Orchard uses EFT during a dream
- Bedroom frustration resolved - including follow-ups
- Suzanne Lerner gives her thoughts on diagnosis
- Why do we sometimes avoid tapping?
- Resolving emotional causes for erectile dysfunction
- EFT substantially aids swallowing problem
- Borrowing Benefits for a seemingly unrelated issue
- Questions on PR as well as possible dangers. (Other responses follow)
- Tuning in to the problem
- EFT in Daily Life
- Cold Calling: "I'm a second-class citizen, and I have to keep my mouth shut!"
- It is your response that counts.
- Improve your success rate by asking the right questions
- Interview with Gary regarding EFT and yeast problems
- I simply could not dance with Gary!!
- This is simply priceless to a mother of a 16 year old
- A Useful Method for "Private Tapping"
- EFT helps a serious infection - the redness subsides before their eyes
- EFT for the mental game of poker
- Methods for getting to deep issues, even in a group setting
- Using silent tapping in cases where speaking out loud is too loony
- Taking "The Secret" for a walk with EFT
- Removing the blocks to your goals with EFT
- Methods for working with pain
- Manifesting the life of your dreams with EFT
- Can EFT be used to manifest what you want in your life?
- Inner Child Expert uses EFT for her own healing
- Symptoms quickly fade for a child with a Bi-Polar Diagnosis
- The "Gratitude for My Mistakes" method
- Professional writer uses EFT to overcome writer's block
- EFT helps a bullied woman stay at her job
- Talking to Christians About EFT
- Warming up to "cold calls" with EFT
- An interesting way to do EFT in a group
- EFT for discomfort with networking - an interesting solution
- The Value of Matching and Pacing Belief Systems in Group Training
- Do you have difficulty receiving positive feelings from others?
- A Conversation With Your Body
- EFT provides benefits using Future Tapping
- A New Moment in Science -- useful EFT article for distribution
- What the Bleep do We Know about EFT?
- Curse words aid the clearing of emotional issues
- The Human Brain and Law of Attraction: Optimizing Brain Function with EFT
- Try a motivational Power Hour to improve your business
- Let it be easy
- Banishing the Barriers to having a thriving EFT business
- How to handle emotions about the cheating spouse
- Cascade tapping
- EFT turned Masha into a runner - an interesting side effect
- 200 people watch as EFT improves Range of Motion for a Nurse's arm
- Blending NLP with EFT
- More thoughts about stopping colds with EFT
- An MD successfully uses EFT on a Hiatal Hernia and Candidiasis
- Technical article: Influencing peptides with EFT
- Can You Influence Another Person To Use EFT If They Are Reluctant To Do So?
- EFT for faulty beliefs
- EFT and Reframing using Counter-Examples
- What do you do for friends who incessantly bend your ear while venting their problems?
- EFT for people who go blank when asked to speak
- EFT for sciatica and a 6 year old wounded thumb
- EFT helps a young musician stop shaking
- Tapping with a poem as inspiration
- EFT helps a boy who has many health challenges
- Barb St. Dennis had severe Hepatitis C but now has completely normal blood tests
- Using a metaphor to handle stubborn emotional issues
- Treating negative beliefs with EFT
- Who do YOU think you are?
- An EFT method for installing new behaviors
- Two ways to use EFT for Restless Leg Syndrome
- Did EFT cure Lupus?
- Insights on Borrowing Benefits with EFT
- Hearing the energy shift while doing EFT
- A clever combination of tapping and visualization
- Introducing EFT to kids by way of their "magic fingers"
- EFT for Celiac disease -- no symptoms for 4 months and counting
- EFT and "being the bee"
- Feeling woosy from Alcohol
- Erica gets a complete overhaul through EFT
- A common sense procedure for getting EFT results
- A Useful Series on Borrowiing Benefits
- EFT methods: Questions, One-Point-EFT and Mental EFT
- Tapping via typing--email sessions
- The Vibration of Abundance
- MD uses EFT for common colds and canker sores
- Rhythm, Pulse & Percussion In Tapping Treatments
- A clever "Chasing the Pain" case
- Acupuncturist gives his view of EFT and Classical Chinese Medical Aspects
- Thoughts on EFT and Intention
- EFT methods for "Smokers Lung" that apply to most chronic conditions
- Can EFT fix a computer?
- Persistent EFT helps with unnecessary worry and a feeling of always being responsible -- many side issues collapse as well
- A very useful method for getting to important issues
- EFT for an aversion to stuff that disgusts you
- Karen helped her father recover the use of his fingers after a stroke
- EFT for feeling overly responsible
- Tell your friends, there is, at last, a cure for the common cold!
- Positively adjusting the perceptions of others with EFT
- A clever combo of EFT and Essences
- Paralysis finally overcome after everything else failed
- An important case on aspects--Martin's learning challenge
- EFT relieves "incurable" Restless Leg Syndrome (RLS)
- How a physician uses EFT
- EFT for Boredom and Loneliness
- Low Libido is not always as simple as it appears
- Facial paralysis clears in one
- EFT for the complexities of a single, dating life
- Dawson Church successfully applies EFT for his episode of gout
- Persistent, quality EFT adds 5 inches to Gillian's bust line
- Taking EFT into the Corporate Market
- Did EFT keep Wayne from getting more grey hair?
- Expanding Your Comfort Zones: The key to your success
- Ten minutes of EFT restores healthy performance in the bedroom - eliminates the need for the little blue pill
- Resolving nightmares...and more
- Aiming EFT at the FUTURE
- A journey through an important piece of our "newthink."
- Addressing the "Why Bother?" syndrome
- Creating a happy future
- How to have a happy day
- An experiment on how EFT statements affect our bodies
- Three possible reframes for people struggling with sadness
- Did Erika
- Tap while listening to music that makes you cry
- EFT helps calm an autistic boy after he accidentally hurt his mother
- Untangling two events with EFT leads to business freedom
- Louise's skeptical dad warmed up to EFT
- Tapping for the United Nations
- EFT helps with repulsed feelings about unwanted advances
- 3 Items and some Holiday advice
- Phobia relief on TV in the UK
- EFT appears favorably in a German TV sitcom
- Gwyneth Moss discusses Support for Therapists
- Collapsing a lifelong belief that her mother had tried to harm her in the womb
- How do you do EFT to fit a time slot?
- Clearing clutter for clarity and confidence
- "God Tapping"
- Loving your feminine body
- Having trouble "letting go" in the bedroom
- Getting EFT Blocks and Barriers out of the way - a list of questions
- EFT fixes car to pass inspection
- Ted Robinson's tips for doing Borrowing Benefits groups
- Visualizing and tapping on limiting beliefs
- Ann Adams on getting EFT accepted by Institutions
- Eliminating shingles pain in 1/2 hour
- Why People Sometimes Have Negative Feelings After Doing EFT
- Tapping while traveling can improve your mood
- EFT calms elderly woman
- For the skeptics--Is EFT a placebo?
- Marie's "molestation secret"
- A quality look at "The Apex Effect"
- Psychiatrist relieves sexual exhibitionism with EFT--4 year follow-up
- Tap and be rich
- EFT helps relieve blushing
- Quickie pain relief--A "one point wonder".
- Helping mother and her unborn baby with EFT
- Daily EFT creates calm under explosive family circumstances
- EFT assists conception
- Using Role Playing With EFT
- MD uses EFT for a demented woman
- Gayle Waxon learns to stop her own epileptic seizures with EFT
- Does language matter when doing EFT?
- Using the term "somehow..." within the EFT process
- Blending EFT with Homeopathy
- Deborah Miller beautifully reframes an assault issue into a new personal identity
- The many benefits of EFT circles--and how to do them
- Why does tapping on the side of the hand work?
- EFT for a numb face and tongue - instant relief for a skeptic
- Suzanne Zacharia finds the root causes of Multiple Chemical Sensitivity (MCS)
- EFT to help heal fruit trees - a major new business waiting to happen?
- Mental Dental EFT - for the dentist and the patient
- Sneaking Up On The Problem When You Do EFT
- EFT enhances many things
- EFT for bladder control when on the road
- Silent Night Sadness -- when certain music gives you the blues
- Mary Pellicer, MD, on Intuitive Diagnosis
- EFT provides instant relief for Poison Ivy itching
- Quieting down an elderly stroke victim in a nursing home
- Three Keys to EFT Mastery
- Painful mastitis clears after EFT
- How to get non-profit organizations to host EFT group meetings--and pay you as well
- A creative approach to psychological reversal
- EFT as a morning eye-opener
- EFT for night time trips to the bathroom--including follow-up
- EFT for resistance to doing EFT
- "I have to lie constantly to live my life as I know it"
- Further bridges to our history
- Stress and Me and EFT
- Gratitude and Coach Ben Hammerschmidt
- EFT and Nightmares
- A successful use of EFT for Hasimoto
- Five extreme behavior patterns related to organizing and how to address them with EFT
- Your Vibration Always Comes First
- EFT and future pacing
- EFT for people who are sensitive
- EFT for painful cramping
- WHO AM I NOW??? How Identity Issues Block Abundance
- Kelly Meisak uses a unique approach for her ADD prone brother
- This lady had not been out of her house for two years because she suffered from chronic burping
- Reiki Master uses EFT in the Republic of Mauritius
- Creating a remarkable bridge to our former history
- Here's a textbook EFT case for using persistence, reframes, chasing the pain, metaphors and creative language
- Carol Look Shows us How to Release Procrastination with EFT
- Helpful hints for the Holidays.
- EFT and visible changes in physical appearance
- EFT assists young boy in taking his Ringworm medicine
- EFT works for cellulitis on 3 separate occasions
- Connecting to our Birthright of Fertility
- How to tap into the
- Tapping for being "able, willing and worthy" may help boost EFT results
- Creating positive affirmations with EFT and your senses
- EFT for painful menopause symptoms
- An interesting EFT approach for getting beyond "glass ceilings"
- EFT using teddy bears
- Victoria's 10-day EFT blood pressure experiment results
- EFT and The Law of Attraction - A Perfect Match
- Tapping with tunes
- Do you have emotional difficulty with the standard EFT phrasing?
- Jewels in the junkyard--the prison population
- EFT improves a mentally disabled young man
- Can You Do EFT With Eyes Closed?
- Not finding the right words for EFT is a block that can be overcome
- High blood pressure recedes - and remains normal a week later
- Relief for Bashful Bladder
- When Positive is Negative - Accepting Your Light
- Tapping through a beginning seizure
- Teresa Knezek treats her own Borderline Personality Disorder (BPD) -- including a 3 year followup
- Raising your metabolism with EFT
- When EFT gives only temporary results
- Katie's posture and her many emotional issues
- When conflicting beliefs keep us stuck
- Rehana Webster teaches the details behind a successful blushing case
- Resentment gets in the way of abundance
- Changing a man's life with EFT--including pain, emotions and bedroom romance
- EFT in the snow -- creating comfort in the cold
- Stopping the flu in its early stages
- "How do I get really good at EFT?"
- Being Specific
Table of Contents Help
The tabs on the right are shortcuts to where you have been:
- Previous Screen
- Previous Articles
- Previous Categories
- Start Page
- Hide Entire Menu
Swiping to the left will take you to the previous screen.
The folder icon indicates that more content is available. Click on the icon or the associated text, or swipe to the right to see the additional content.
Articles & Ideas
EFT in Daily Life
Important Note: This article was written prior to 2010 and is now outdated. Please use my newest advancement, Optimal EFT. It is more efficient, more powerful and clearly explained in my free e-book, The Unseen Therapist™. Best wishes, Gary
Patricia Carrington PhD provides us with this extended series of highly practical ways to infuse EFT into our everyday activities.
If we were to take a poll of EFT users, we’d probably discover that most people who know and value this method use it mainly when faced with an obvious need, not regularly as part of their daily life. If you are one of these people you are actually short-changing yourself. A scheduled use of EFT can multiply the value of this technique many times over. In this series I will be suggesting a number of easy and fulfilling ways to do this. Today I want to tell you about using what I call “EFT telephone partnerships”.
The benefits that come from “peer partnering” –– the partnering up of people of equal status as in members of a group –– is well known. Telephone sponsorship or daily checking with another person in a recovery program can be an essential component of such a program. Less well known though is the value of telephone partnering for self-help techniques such as EFT. This can be enormously beneficial.
I have been receiving some interesting reports on EFT telephone partnerships that have now formed in several places in the world. Using this process, EFT’ers have been holding telephone (or sometimes in-person) appointments with each other on a regular basis to enhance their respective use of EFT. The partnerships that I have heard from seem delighted with the results of this.
So, I am going to suggest some ways you might pursue such a telephone partnership and make it really successful.
It will be important for you to set up your first EFT appointment on an experimental basis so that neither of you is committed to a plan that might not turn out to be right for you. You should select a prospective partner with whom you think you would feel comfortable sharing EFT sessions and some confidential information. This person can be a friend, acquaintance, family member, a person you have met at an EFT conference, or someone else. Just be sure to choose a partner who already knows EFT, or if not, who is willing to arrange to learn it from a responsible source and feel at ease with the process before the two of you start working together.
The plan will be for you and your partner to meet regularly on the telephone (or in person if in the same household or nearby) once or twice a week, every other day, or at whatever interval you agree upon. Bear in mind that predictability is an essential component of such a plan. It should not be a hit or miss arrangement. Instead of saying “Let's meet sometime and do EFT together”, you should set up a definite day and time for your first appointment. Predictability of your EFT partnership sessions is an important component of the process and will greatly increase your success with it.
Your initial partnership session should be looked upon as an experiment. During it you will be establishing the structure of your sessions together and get a feeling for how each of you approaches EFT, and each of you will be deciding if you find the partnership comfortable. It is conceivable that you and your partner might find yourselves mismatched this time and this arrangement won’t work out for you. However this same plan might work out excellently if the two of you were working with different partners.
Each person should bring to the EFT session one or two current issues that they would like to work on using EFT. These should definitely not reflect chronic conditions such as a long standing depression or an inability to leave one’s house without panic, etc. It usually takes a great deal of skill and patience to deal with issues such as this and if a person wants help handling them he or she should consult an experienced EFT therapist rather than trying to obtain this help from an EFT partner. Instead, the problems brought to the partnership session should be immediate in nature, such as a confrontation one has just had or expects to have with another person, an upcoming evaluation, concern over finances etc.
Ideally, each partner will be able to work on an issue of his or her own during the session. Occasionally, however, one of the partners may need a longer amount of time to handle a particularly difficult problem and the two of you might then agree to meet for an extra session that week in order to give the other partner a chance to work on their problem.
Here are my suggestions for holding an EFT partnering session. I will refer to the person who is doing the tapping as the "EFT'er”, and the person who is playing the role of the helper as the "Guide". The partners usually switch roles about halfway the through the session.
The role of an "EFT'er" is, of course, familiar to most of you. If it is not it can easily be learned from Gary Craig's or others' training materials. The role of the Guide, however, needs to be clarified.
The Guide's main task is to act as a prompter for their partner, reminding them of certain things that are easy to forget when one is doing EFT, and to raise certain questions that are sometimes necessary so that the EFT session can move along smoothly and be as effective as possible. If carried out responsibly, the role of Guide is a very valuable one. Here are my suggestions for the person who acts as Guide:
1. Have a pad and pencil on hand to take notes during the EFT process. These notes can be very important.
2. Start out by helping your partner select a meaningful current issue to work on. It will be useful if you help them to be VERY SPECIFIC in the way they define that issue. Although Gary Craig reminds us repeatedly of the importance of being SPECIFIC when doing EFT, I find that this is still one of the most neglected areas in practice . This, I believe, is because the human mind tends to think in abstract terms –– we naturally generalize in our thinking and this is one of our greatest strengths as a species. However it is NOT an asset when doing EFT!
Along these lines, you may want to ask focusing questions in order to help your partner be more specific. Suppose that your partner starts out with an EFT statement that begins, "Even though I'm worried about my finances...", at that point, you could gently interrupt them and ask, "What specific financial situation (an expenditure, debt, requirement etc.) are you particularly worried about TODAY?" This would help the EFT'er to narrow in on a concrete goal. By doing this they may greatly increase the effectiveness of their EFT session.
You can suggest to your partner that for the last part of the set-up phrase they use one of the default phrases, "I deeply and complete accept myself" or the Choices Method (see below) default phrase, "I choose to be calm and confident". This simple solution works for many issues.
If you are familiar with and regularly use my EFT Choices Method, you can be of great help to your partner in creating a positive "Choice" to use in the last part of their set-up phrase, one that can reflect their desired outcome (the way they would ideally LIKE to be or feel in this situation). For information on the Choices Method see my Choices training session on Gary Craig's “EFT Specialty Series #2”, or consult my Choices Manual. You can find my contact info on my listing in the EFT Master's section on Gary's website.
Then WRITE DOWN your partner's setup phrase so you can refer to it later o if necessary.
3. Remind your partner to take an initial intensity rating, so that their progress can be charted. If they are uncomfortable with numerical ratings (some people find these difficult) then ask them to gauge their degree of distress in another manner. You can be quite imaginative in suggesting a more compatible way to judge this.
WRITE DOWN your partner's initial intensity rating.
4. As your partner taps on their issue you will be acting as a prompter in case they forget their own EFT phrases during tapping (this happens more often the than you would think) or forget which EFT spot comes next in the sequence. It can be helpful if you gently remind them of these things.
At the end of each round of tapping remind your partner to retake their intensity rating. Record what it is as part of the running record.
5. When your partner has decided they are “finished” with this session, if their Intensity Rating has not yet come down to a “2” (preferably to a “1” or a “0”) you would do well to encourage them to get the very most out of their EFT session by continuing to do EFT until their intensity rating has come way, way down. This advice to "go for the jackpot!” as I call it, can be extremely valuable because the majority of people will tend to quit as soon as they "feel better". If their intensity rating has come down to say, a “4” or a “5” when it started at a “9” or “10”, they may think they have achieved a great result because the issue now seems manageable. However, the truth is that if they had only kept going with EFT at this point, the issue could have been completely cleared and they would feel fantastic rather than just “better”. I suggest you note the way Gary Craig and other highly experienced EFT practitioners will insist that the person they are working with keep on doing EFT until they get the best possible result from the session. In my own clinical practice, I always insist that the person I'm working with try to get the full value of an EFT session by keeping on tapping until their intensity rating is way, way down. This has never failed to get a much better result than we would have gotten otherwise.
Aside from the above contributions that you, acting in the role of Guide, can make to your partner, I would encourage you to study and re-study the many EFT training tapes available to acquire ever more skill in this process. Learning how to help others with EFT is a never ending experience that can result in great satisfaction.
I hope that many of you will try partnering with another EFT user to practice EFT together on a regular basis, and if you do so perhaps you can let me know your experience with this so that I can report any refinements you may have thought of, or any problems encountered and met, to this newsletter.
Patrician Carrington, PhD
Every one of us must clean up our environment to some extent each day in order to operate effectively. Whether it is brushing our teeth, washing the dishes or taking our car to the car wash, we spend considerable time each day making sure that debris does not accumulate in our possessions or our bodies to the point where it is injurious to our health or detrimental to our functioning. This is taken for granted.
When it comes to cleaning out emotional debris that is hampering us and blocking optimal functioning, however, most of us are pretty neglectful. While we won’t allow a heavy build-up of plaque on our teeth, we think nothing of allowing a heavy buildup of resentments, worries, sadness and other undesirable emotions to accumulate in our systems, with all the damage they are capable of creating.
In this second part of my series for this newsletter on the use of EFT in daily life, I can think of no more relevant topic than how to use EFT as an emotional cleansing ritual. I find that the best way to ensure that you use it in this fashion is to couple it with one or more of the physical cleansing rituals that you regularly undertake. Linking it to these already established rituals will make you much less apt to forget the important step of using EFT on a regular basis to allow your life to flow smoothly.
Here are some ways that have been reported to me by readers of my own newsletter who are successfully linking EFT with their regular cleansing rituals.
Using EFT In The Shower
I am receiving reports from people who enthusiastically use EFT while taking their morning shower. Typically they select a topic to tap on that addresses an unresolved issue from the day before, or an anticipated experience of the coming day. Their EFT set-up phrase are therefore directed to the immediate past or the immediate future. Occasionally someone will work on an ongoing issue as they shower.
The effect of doing EFT while showering is quite different from that of ordinary tapping. You can position your head for example so that the water splashes over your face and shoulders in a way that actually blends with the tapping of the EFT spots. The effect is that of a double cleansing! Both your inner and outer beings are washed at the same time. The symbolism of this is compelling, and I suggest you try it when you next shower and see if it is for you. Anticipatory emotional cleansing with EFT each morning can make for a surprisingly balanced and satisfying day ahead.
EFT While Brushing Your Teeth
While physical tapping is possible under the shower, you may need to just imagine tapping on the various EFT spots and think, rather than say out loud, your phrases when you are combining EFT with other cleansing rituals such as tooth brushing. You may even decide not to imagine the tapping itself but just think the phrases to yourself in coordination with the brushing – this itself can be very beneficial. Using “mental EFT” when brushing your teeth can be very satisfying, and if you are using an electric toothbrush, mental thinking your EFT phrase before you move on to the next spot can work nicely. Beware! You will probably brush your teeth longer and more thoroughly if you combine this activity with EFT, which is not at all a bad idea for your dental health! This combination of physical and emotional cleansing can give you an amazingly refreshed feeling afterwards. It is a natural and easy way of incorporating EFT into a daily routine that you know you will DO because you always have.
There may be a number of other cleansing rituals that you can effectively combine with EFT. Several people have told me that they do EFT mentally while washing the dishes and that this has an excellent effect upon them. It is possible for them to repeat the words out loud if they are alone, and they report a satisfying sense of completion when combining EFT with the cleaning of the dishes, and as an added bonus, it makes the dish washing easier and pleasanter for them
What you are doing when you link EFT to a cleansing activity that is already a part of your everyday life is to establish a natural link between external physical cleansing and internal emotional cleansing. Once established, like any other habit, this can work strongly to your advantage. I suggest you explore the possibility of using EFT in this manner. You may be pleasantly surprised, as I was, at how this can enrich your life and leave you feeling lighter and refreshed in spirit.
Patricia Carrington, PhD
Directly or indirectly computers play a major role in our lives today and this is probably only the tip of the iceberg compared to what we are likely to see in the future. Futurists predict that the day will come when nanotechnology – the use of tiny computer chips small enough to fit into a single cell -- will revolutionize medicine and eventually allow us to be “computer assisted” in our vital biologic functions. That day is clearly in the future, but the fact is that today most of us spend an increasing number of hours in front of a computer each day. How can we use this trend toward computerization of our environment to improve our use of EFT?
I will tell you some of the ways that my clients and myself are doing just this and you can easily make use of our ideas if you wish.
A tactic that we are finding extremely useful is to create a “My EFT” folder on our Desktop where we can store our own personal “EFT documents” on a regular basis. I advise my clients to create these documents almost daily, as I do myself, and in them put EFT statements that they may devise during the day to address different issues that they would like to tap on but don’t have the time for “RIGHT NOW”. In these documents my clients and I write notes on our Intensity Levels (estimated on a scale from “0” to “10”) before and after doing EFT, and any comments we may have on a particular issue. These documents make wonderful records for our review later, and people working with EFT therapists find it extremely valuable to show to those they work with.
Here are the steps to follow if you want to try this process:
Step 1. Create your own personal EFT document on the spot when something bothers you and store it in a “My EFT” folder on your Desktop. This means that if you are working at your computer, or browsing, or playing a computer game, and something bothers you –– say it’s an upcoming appointment, or a task you don't think you can fulfill easily, or a phone call that has interrupted you and causes particular concern, –– you think of an EFT statement to deal with it, right on the spot.
Step 2. Open a new document (in Microsoft Word or an equivalent word processor) and write in this document the statement (s) you just created to deal with your issue.
Step 3. Name this document by date. For example: “EFT – 4-17-20__”.
Step 4. Save this EFT document in your “My EFT” Folder on the Desktop.
Step 5. Later, when you have some spare time, OPEN this folder and document and use EFT to clear your issue. Do this by tapping down your Intensity Level on the issue until your rating is as close to being a “1” or “0” as you can get, and indicate your starting and end point Intensity Ratings.
Step 5. Add any relevant comments that come to you during or after tapping, such as, for example, “It feels entirely different to me now – actually who cares whether X doesn’t approve of this?” or “I feel much easier now, but I’d better come back to this statement later –– there’s more there to tap on.”
Step 6. Review your documents in your “My EFT” folder periodically.
I find that just the sight of the EFT folder on my Desktop acts as a reminder to me that EFT is always there to help me and others have reported a similar response. To make this reminder even more effective, my brother Robert Carrington has created an icon of the EFT dove-and-world logo from Gary Craig’s site (with Gary’s permission), and now I notice that icon every time I sit down at the computer! Its presence serves as a constant reminder to me to open my “My EFT” folder and work on any issue that I may have already stored in there, or add new ones as needed. When I have free moments during the day I will often work on an issue that otherwise would have gone “untapped-on” and therefore have remained uncleared.
So that you too can use this EFT Logo-Icon if you would like to, to call attention to the “My EFT” folder on your desktop, I have arranged it so that you can now download my Logo-Icon free of charge from my website. It is downloadable as part of a small computer program that creates the icon and folder for you right where you want it (see downloading instructions at end of this article). This can be a very pleasant and effective way of reminding yourself to DO EFT!
Another way of using the computer to support your EFT practice is available through a computer program I recently launched which allows you to enter your own EFT statements (ones that address your own personal issues) and then be led through an EFT sequence by animated screen prompts that remind you of the tapping sequence and display your own words in front of you on your monitor. This unusual software has an interesting history indeed.
It started when, to address the problem of emotional overeating, which is one of the major stumbling blocks to effective dieting, Carol Look, Sandra Radomski and myself wrote an e-Book showing how to use EFT for this difficulty. Following the completion of the book, I then began working with computer programmers to create a full-fledged computer program to help with this process. The feedback from users of this program was informative.
I discovered that although the program worked excellently for those with emotional overeating problems, many users also wanted to create their own EFT statements for issues that had nothing to do with weight loss. They wanted the computer to lead them through those too. Accordingly, we introduced a custom feature into the program that allowed them to do exactly this, and the outcome was a surprise because we hadn’t anticipated the impact that the computer can have on EFT practice.
I began receiving reports from many users saying that they felt far less “alone” while doing EFT when they watched the screen figure on their monitor, and when they were helped to remember their Reminder Phrases by the screen prompts. These factors seemed to make them more likely to do EFT on a regular basis, a response which is similar to the effect of the “EFT Partnerships” that can be so useful to a person for his or her regular practice of EFT (see discussion of this topic in Part 1 of this Series).
Another benefit of using a computerized approach to EFT was that users could rate their emotional intensity on any issue by use of the computer. Watching the colors change on the Intensity Gauge as their tension over a particular issue lessened with EFT then served as a reward for the user, making the intensity rating process easier, and keeping them going until their ratings really did come down to a “1” or a “0”. Many people seemed to react to this process as if they were playing a computer game where the goal was to beat their own previous score! Computerized EFT has turned out to be such a help for many people in fact that we plan to address many other issues with the use of similar EFT software in the near future.
To sum up the current state of EFT with respect to the computers in our lives, it seems that since these machines are here to stay, the obvious thing for people interested in using EFT to their best advantage is to partner with them. If they are misused, computers could actually cut down on your use of EFT by distracting you from tapping as you became absorbed in them to the exclusion of anything else. However, used in a constructive manner, all evidence suggests that they can help you blend EFT into your life in such a way that you will be tapping more often and with increased effect than you ever have before.
Patricia Carrington, PhD
PS: To download the EFT logo described in the above article visit Pat’s website. This can be found on her listing as an EFT Master on our website
One of the most frequent comments I hear from those who value EFT is, “EFT is wonderful and I should do it more often, but I don’t have the time."
Aside from the fact that “not having time” to do something that is beneficial for us can be a way of fooling ourselves and actually reflect an inner resistance to doing that thing –– a reluctance often unknown even by ourselves –– there is the reality that our lives today are often very crowded, and the fact that people tend to think of EFT as a time-consuming occupation which they have to have sufficient leisure to pursue.
This is not necessarily the case, however. This series of articles is dedicated to helping you discover the many unrecognized opportunities there may be during an ordinary day to use EFT. Today I want to talk about a concept you may not have thought about before but which can be remarkably helpful. It is the often unnoticed fact that enforced “waiting time" actually takes up a substantial amount of our time each day and because of this offers us unrecognized opportunities for doing EFT.
Waiting time is special because it is unscheduled time and not assigned to any specific task because we can’t know beforehand when it will occur or how long it will last. While some people try to fill this unscheduled time by multi-tasking, there are a substantial number of times when this is not easy to do or may even be impossible. So here are some ways you can use your inevitable periods of waiting time to the advantage of your EFT practice.
While Waiting On the Phone
In the familiar experience of making phone calls to large organizations, you are often asked to “wait for the next available representative” and of course this wait can extend indefinitely. You might hear music being played to you during an extended pause, or hear commercials for the company or dead silence interrupted by repetitive taped message telling you to be patient and that someone will be with you soon –– but whatever fills this space it is pretty much dead time for you unless you do something constructive. Why not use it to advance your practice of EFT?
As you wait on the telephone for the system to accommodate you , it can be extremely helpful to use an EFT statement such as, "Even though I’m annoyed (angry, furious, discouraged etc.) at this waiting, I deeply and completely accept myself “ or, using the EFT Choices Method where you insert a positive intention at the end of your EFT statement, you might say something like, "Even though I’m annoyed (etc.) at this wait, I choose to see it as a welcome pause in a rushed day." By introducing this positive reframe into EFT you are giving yourself an opportunity to bring a peaceful note into your day that would not have been there otherwise.
Or you can do something quite different. You can plan ahead of time to tap when you have time,on a current problem using an EFT statement that you have previously created for this purpose. In Part 3 of this series I suggested you use a “My EFT” folder on your Desktop to store EFT statements in that you want to work on. These statements are created on the spot at the time when something is troubling you but you don’t have time to deal with it right then with EFT, and they make a valuable collection of tapping subjects for your inevitable waiting times during the day. As you sit at the computer holding the phone, just open the My EFT folder and start tapping on a statement you see there, or if you are going out , just copy down one or two of your EFT statements from the folder onto 3” by 5” index cards, and take these cards with you for use during your waiting-times during the day.
While Waiting for Traffic
Being stuck in traffic, or waiting at an exceptionally long traffic light, can be a great opportunity for EFT. Suppose the traffic is bumper-to-bumper on the highway when you’re coming home from a hard day's work, you can tap on EFT statements such as, “Even though I’m so frustrated (angry, etc.) that this is happening, I deeply and complete accept myself”, or “Even though I'm so frustrated (angry, etc.) that this is happening, I choose to use this as a great opportunity to do EFT”. Or you might pull out your EFT Reminder Card and tap on a current issue in your life and make considerable progress on it before the traffic pattern changes.
While Waiting in General
There are many moments of the day when enforced waiting time presents us with opportunities to use EFT. In the next article in this series I will suggest some ways that you can use EFT even when in public places and not be conspicuous, something that opens up even more opportunities to use waiting time for EFT. For example, you can do EFT while waiting in a doctor’s office, for a bus or subway, in an airport terminal or even while waiting for an elevator to reach your floor in a high building. All these situations present opportunities to use EFT for the issue at hand (your frustration or worry about the delay etc.) or for a current problem that you have been wanting to address with EFT.
When you start using this method you will discover a surprising of amount of waiting time during your day when EFT can be used to your advantage. This can benefit you not only in terms of handling your immediate issues, but in general. Just as a groove in any material is deepened through repeated use, when you make it a habit of to use EFT at waiting times during the day you will be much more apt to remember to use it at times when you may need it urgently. Repeated use of EFT can also lower your general tension level during the day so that you experience your days as lighter, easier, and more peaceful.
Patricia Carrington, PhD
When I suggest that people use EFT extensively in their daily lives, they will often ask me how that can be done because EFT is an out of the ordinary activity that can draw considerable attention to us when we are doing it –– and we spend much of our lives in the presence of other people.
I usually explain that there are many ways we can use EFT in public without being conspicuous. However, the question often comes up of whether we need to be concerned about the impact of doing EFT in public at all. Is it important what other people think about us when we tap?
I used to think it was not important because it had never bothered me personally, so I encouraged my clients to tap on their own sensitivity to what others might think if they used EFT in public –– particularly if they found EFT to be beneficial for them. Recently however something occurred that has made me reconsider the advisability of tapping in public without taking reasonable precautions to ensure that you are not too conspicuous. Here is the experience that made me rethink this matter:
I was working with a client, “Ed”, who had developed a severe phobia of driving a car and had asked him to take his cell phone with him in his car so that we could talk as he was applying EFT to this problem. This plan was working well on a particular day as Ed pulled to the side of the road after having driven several blocks successfully. He had stopped at my request because he needed to assess his stress level and if necessary tap it down right then and there until his intensity was near zero.
When he checked his distress level on a 0 to 10 point scale, we discovered that it had become elevated again after his brief driving sojourn, up to a 5 after having come down to a 2 when he had started driving, so I suggested he tap using the EFT statement we had created, “Even though I’m scared of driving in traffic, I choose to be as comfortable as I was when driving through Elmwood in the autumn.” Ed had chosen his memory of Elmwood in the autumn as representing a time when he had thoroughly enjoyed driving in the past before his phobia set in (I often use personal resource states in this manner to help a client formulate effective Choices for the end of their EFT statement).
As he began tapping to bring his intensity level down further, even though I was far away at the other end of the phone I heard a siren that I easily identified as a police car and heard Ed say, “Officer, I'm fine! I am just doing a stress reduction technique that my psychologist has told me to do.” and there followed discussion in the background When Ed resumed speaking with me he explained that a person in the house he was parked in front of had apparently looked out of the window, seen him tapping and called the police to report that a person in a car was engaging in odd behavior by repeatedly hitting his head. The police officer had come to see whether Ed needed assistance and was reassured only when he discovered that Ed’s behavior was for a legitimate reason. Ed subsequently decided to move the car to a less conspicuous location before continuing EFT, and the incident was over.
However, this experience has made me hesitate to recommend that people tap nonchalantly in surroundings where strangers might misinterpret what they are doing. While I myself have tapped publicly during plane flights and even used EFT phrases out loud then, and as far as I know no one paid any attention whatsoever to what I was doing, and I have seen a number of other EFT’ers do this, I now realize that under certain circumstances tapping can be misinterpreted. I therefore advise you to do one of the following things when tapping in public:
1. Use Dr.John Diepold’s “Touch and Breathe” method instead of regular staccato tapping. This is simple to do and gives the impression of being much less deliberate and less "out of control" than tapping. Here is how it works:
Touch each tapping spot (but do not tap at all). Hold your fingers long enough at each spot to have time to repeat your EFT phrase, then take a deep easy breath –– no forcing, just a comfortable breath ––and move on to the next spot. This technique can be very soothing and give a very natural appearance.
2. Tap only on the Karate Chop Spot the whole time while saying (or thinking) your EFT statement as though you were moving from spot to spot. If you have a good visual imagination, picture your EFT sequence (the various spots) as you keep repeating the phrases to yourself, all the while tapping just on the Karate Chop Spot. This action is inconspicuous and can be done under almost any circumstances. If you happen to be sitting at a table or behind a desk at a meeting, you can keep your hands underneath the table while you tap on that spot, even while others are talking and they will never notice.
3. Excuse yourself from the situation at hand using any reasonable excuse and return only after you have tapped down some or all of the intensity surrounding the situation. You can make any excuse you want to for leaving momentarily –– you need to make an urgent phone call, or put money in a parking meter, or go to the restroom, etc. The point is to GET AWAY from the situation at hand and give yourself time to tap down your emotional intensity about it. When you return you will handle it entirely differently, and are likely to achieve a much more effective outcome.
4. Only imagine tapping on each spot and hear your voice in your mind as you repeat your EFT statements. This option, “mental EFT”, can be extremely satisfactory if you are one of those who do not have difficulty imagining. Not all people can do this (although many more can than realize it). However some people I have known find it even more effective than physical tapping. I myself find it to be just as effective to do EFT mentally in this manner as to do the physical tapping in most instances. Interestingly, when there is a real urgency to the situation I find it more effective to do the physical tapping, and when I occasionally use EFT to help myself get to sleep, I much prefer mental EFT because the physical act of tapping tends to wake me up again while with mental EFT I will usually drift off during the first or second round.
Finding out whether mental EFT is an option for you can only be done by experimenting. I suggest you first try it when you are alone and under no particular pressure. If you find it effective this can be an excellent way to use EFT when in a public place.
In short, there are many ways to use EFT comfortably in public, and being able to do so can greatly increase the usefulness of EFT in your life.
Patricia Carrington, PhD
This series has been about using EFT in your daily life. I have made a number of suggestions about ways you can build it comfortably into your daily schedule. But this still leaves a question unanswered. This is how to know when it is particularly important to DO EFT.
This is a tricky question because during crises or when making urgent decisions or at any other moment of heightened stress, we are the most apt to forget to do EFT! Because this series addresses the use of EFT in daily life, I want to propose a preventive measure which I consider an excellent way to prepare yourself for the day ahead and whatever it may bring.
I strongly recommend that for this purpose you do a “Stress Check” regularly each morning, reasonably soon after waking up. I like to do it when brushing my teeth because that's something I'm sure to do each morning. However, it can be linked to eating breakfast, getting into your car or public transportation to go to work (on weekdays) or to anything else that you do on a regular basis early in the morning.
A Stress Check is easy to do and effectively calls your attention to problems that are currently bothering you, ones which can benefit from EFT. The Stress Check consists of asking yourself this question and using EFT right on the spot to clear any issues that turn up. The question is:
“What is uppermost in my mind right now that is causing me at least some tension/stress? HOW distressed do I feel about it (on a 0 to 10 point scale)?”
The issues that you identify in answering thIs question may be almost anything ––something that is going wrong with your plans, physical distress, a deadline which must be met, or whatever else may cause tension. The point is to stop when you identify this issue and create an EFT statement to deal with it immediately. Here are some examples of this in action:
Suppose some important plans of yours have gone awry and your situation isn't going to pan out the way you expected it to. A useful EFT statement for this might be:
“Even though my plans are upset, I choose to be calm and confident and aware of the things that are going right in my life.”
Or if you are annoyed at another person or situation, you might use:
“Even though this problem (or person) is bothering me, I choose to know exactly how to handle (him/her/it).”
Or if you are not feeling up to par you might use:,
“Even though I have this pain (physical distress etc.) I choose to know that it will pass (or –– I choose to obtain treatment from a health professional that will be rapid and successful)."
Such statements as the above put a positive Choice at the end of the EFT statement (this is the EFT Choices Method), however you can easily use the EFT default statement at the end of the statement instead (e.g. “I deeply and completely accept myself”) or the Choices Method default statement, “I choose to be clam and confident”.
The point of your Stress Check is to a bring your stress level down to as close to a 0 or 1 as you can by using EFT, and then ask yourself “What else is bothering me somewhat (or a lot) today?”?
This second question usually brings up other issues to tap on. If you don’t have time to tap right away I suggest you write your EFT statement on a 3” by 5” index card and put it into your pocket or purse to use later in the day. Or, you may want to use the helpful method of setting up a “My EFT” folder on your computer’s desktop in which you store EFT statements you want to tap on at a later time (see Part 3 of this series for instructions on creating such a desktop folder).
You can also use an all-purpose EFT phrase at the time you do your Stress Check. This can be useful when you don’t tune into anything that is particularly disturbing to you, because it can prepare you to cope particularly well during the day ahead. Here are two all-purpose preparatory statements that I especially like:
"Even though I don't know what today will bring, I choose to be calm and confident and handle whatever happens very effectively.”
"Even though I don't know what today will bring, I choose to use EFT successfully to handle whatever comes up.”
Your Stress Check does not need to be done only at the beginning of your day. It is very helpful to conduct a Stress Check just before you go to bed at night to clear lingering issues from the day, and doing a Stress Check one or more times during the day can be an excellent way to bring down your stress build-up during a typical day. When you do this you will tend to become more effective in all aspects of your life.
Actually, if there were one single thing that I would advise you to do to ensure that you use EFT with maximum benefit on a daily basis, I would recommend that you institute a Stress Check. This simple activity can be extremely effective in calling your attention to your need for EFT in a particular instance, and will probably help you use EFT in a much more effective manner than you have done before.
Patricia Carrington, PhD
FOR MORE EFT HELP ...
Explore our newest advancement, Optimal EFT™, by reading my free e-book, The Unseen Therapist™. More efficient. More powerful.