- Did surrogate EFT help a cat accept a new dog into the household?
- How to creatively use EFT on a dog--in this case for toxic reactions
- EFT newcomer assists with her dog's eye problem
- EFT for a snoring schnauzer
- Here is evidence that our pets' emotional issues and behaviors mirror ours--dog behavior changes
- EFT newcomer successfully uses EFT for her abused dog
- Two success stories of EFT with dogs: A vacuum cleaner fear and an arthritic back
- Surrogate EFT brings peace to scared animals
- Abused dog is housebroken with the use of EFT
- The sluggish beagle that suddenly turned frisky
- Did surrogate EFT for Mary's dog remove a lump?
- EFT quieted a dog
- Otto, the puppy had car sickness--but there was much more
- An amazing recovery for a tiny dog after a pit bull attack
- The mysterious vanishing growth on Marlene's dog
- The dog that used to chew everything
- Surrogate EFT for a sick dog
- Surrogate tapping on a dog cleared chronic ear infections
- A dog's thunder anxiety fades with surrogate EFT
- Surrogate EFT for an injured stray dog
- A miracle for a therapy dog with heart worm
- Surrogate EFT restores ailing dog's appetite
- EFT for a suffering dog, test anxiety, needle fear and death transitions
- Three cases using EFT for dogs: Two for fear and one for a swollen paw
- Successful Surrogate EFT for Bilbo the Dog
- The cat who couldn't pee
- Success with a cat
- EFT successfully handles a CAT-tastrophe!
- What my dying cat taught me about doing EFT on animals
- EFT for a scaredy cat
- Surrogate EFT calms aggressive stray cat
- EFT helps cat through surgery
- The cat who no longer has "accidents" when using her litter tray
- Calming down a very scared cat
- Surrogate EFT helps two cats at a distance
- Rescuing Mellie the cat from death's door
- Successful EFT tapping - cats have needs too!
- Bringing peace to a cringing kitten
- The cat who was allergic to his food
- Helping my cat Noodle to walk again
- Two first class uses of Surrogate EFT for Sarah Rushton's cat
- Impressive EFT surrogate work helps horse with sensitive hoof and an electric fence
- Surrogate EFT removes a horse's limp
- Using "mind pictures" for the Setup while doing EFT for Marva the horse
- EFT calms an injured horse and its handler
- Impressive surrogate work for ex-champion horse
- The horse with many fears
- Horse with panic attacks helped with EFT
- EFT reversed the cause of a 7 year chronic uterine infection in our mare!
- Surrogate EFT and Surrogate Muscle Testing resolve horse's bucking problem
- Tapping for a horse
- Some ideas about EFT for horses
- EFT calms down a "Spooking Horse"
- Successful surrogate EFT for a choking horse
- Surrogate tapping brings peace to my filly, Rose!
- Because I work with animals every day, I know you can
- EFT for profound grief at losing a pet -- finding a core issue
- Using EFT with animals for performance issues
- "Rainbow Bridge" tapping when you are grieving a lost pet
- "EFT helped save my Goldfish"
- Try EFT on Everything -- Even Fish!
- Two EFT cases: Reviving a gold fish ... and ... snoring
- Do you have separation anxiety when you leave your pets?
- Tapping on your own "chain of worry" before tapping on your pet's problem
- EFT for the healing of our pets
- EFT for a pet
- Stunning physical healing in a baby goat
Table of Contents Help
The tabs on the right are shortcuts to where you have been:
- Previous Screen
- Previous Articles
- Previous Categories
- Start Page
- Hide Entire Menu
Swiping to the left will take you to the previous screen.
The folder icon indicates that more content is available. Click on the icon or the associated text, or swipe to the right to see the additional content.
Successful surrogate EFT for a choking horse
Note: This is one of 3,000 articles written prior to the updated Gold Standard (Official) EFT Tapping Tutorial™. As a result, it is likely outdated. It provides practical uses for EFT Tapping but you should also explore our newest advancement, Optimal EFT, by reading our free e-book, The Unseen Therapist™, and/or get help from a Certified EFT Practitioner.
Diane Mathews' horse had a serious choking problem for which she tapped surrogately. It was successfully resolved which prompted her to say, "It was only after I got home, and did some more research, that I realized how serious (and expen$$$ive) a problem this could have been! From his behavior it might as well never have happened." Please consult veterinarians on all cases like this.
Last week my horse choked. In 30+ years of being around horses I'd never seen it before. Often a horse eats too much of something (hay cubes or pellets -- not naturally available foods, usually) that expands in his throat, which is a lot longer than ours, and then it gets stuck. It's much like a choke in humans -- horses may choke more often than we know, but the times we notice it are serious. Choking can prevent the horse from breathing, because his neck/swallow muscles spasm and won't release; it can cause food-substances to go into the horse's lungs (pneumonia) ... it's often a veterinary emergency.
I fed him some supplements that come in pelleted form and evidently he ate them too fast. He did this weird heaving/hard to breathe thing that stuck around for more than a few minutes, so I started tapping. I checked capillary refill on his gums after almost every round, and only once was it slow to refill. That probably doesn't have anything to do with the relief that EFT gave him, right? :-)
At first I didn't realize what the problem was, so I tapped (for him):
I have a wad in my throat...
My muscles are tight...
I can't breathe very well...
It hurts like heck...
It won't move...
I can't relax...
and anything else that seemed to fit the way he was acting.
Most of the blob of pellets came back up through his nose (very common) in less than 15 minutes. I finally realized what the problem was and also added some homeopathic (spray) and TTouch between tappings. While these things may have helped, it was clear to me that EFT tapping was the main catalyst. Mind you, some of those tappings were for me and my fear too, not just him. He was having a hard time swallowing, but he was trying. I kept tapping:
It still hurts
There's more in there
My throat won't relax
I have a knot halfway down
Goobs are coming out of my nose
I can't vomit (horses are physiologically unable to vomit)
It's still not moving much
My sinuses are filled with gook
I have a raw, sore spot in my throat
It hurts to swallow
In about 1/2 hour the knot/spasms in his throat were not visible, the gook out of his nose was turning normal mucousy-looking, and he was getting impatient to go back out with his buddies in the field. I kept him in a pen, and made sure the barn keepers checked on him regularly. I wanted to see him swallow some of the water I left for him, easily, before I left but I couldn't stay.
I came back in the afternoon and he was fine in every way that I could measure. He took a long leisurely drink from the water tank just as I let him go, and he kicked up his heels and dashed away.
It was only after I got home, and did some more research, that I realized how serious (and expen$$$ive) a problem this could have been! From his behavior it might as well never have happened.
FOR MORE EFT HELP ...
Explore our newest advancement, Optimal EFT™, by reading our free e-book, The Unseen Therapist™.