- Surrogate EFT for an injured stray dog
- A miracle for a therapy dog with heart worm
- Surrogate EFT restores ailing dog's appetite
- EFT for a suffering dog, test anxiety, needle fear and death transitions
- Three cases using EFT for dogs: Two for fear and one for a swollen paw
- Successful Surrogate EFT for Bilbo the Dog
- Did surrogate EFT help a cat accept a new dog into the household?
- How to creatively use EFT on a dog--in this case for toxic reactions
- EFT newcomer assists with her dog's eye problem
- EFT for a snoring schnauzer
- Here is evidence that our pets' emotional issues and behaviors mirror ours--dog behavior changes
- EFT newcomer successfully uses EFT for her abused dog
- Surrogate EFT brings peace to scared animals
- Abused dog is housebroken with the use of EFT
- Two success stories of EFT with dogs: A vacuum cleaner fear and an arthritic back
- The sluggish beagle that suddenly turned frisky
- Did surrogate EFT for Mary's dog remove a lump?
- EFT quieted a dog
- Otto, the puppy had car sickness--but there was much more
- An amazing recovery for a tiny dog after a pit bull attack
- The mysterious vanishing growth on Marlene's dog
- The dog that used to chew everything
- Surrogate EFT for a sick dog
- Surrogate tapping on a dog cleared chronic ear infections
- A dog's thunder anxiety fades with surrogate EFT
- Bringing peace to a cringing kitten
- The cat who was allergic to his food
- Helping my cat Noodle to walk again
- Two first class uses of Surrogate EFT for Sarah Rushton's cat
- The cat who couldn't pee
- Success with a cat
- EFT successfully handles a CAT-tastrophe!
- What my dying cat taught me about doing EFT on animals
- Surrogate EFT calms aggressive stray cat
- EFT for a scaredy cat
- EFT helps cat through surgery
- The cat who no longer has "accidents" when using her litter tray
- Calming down a very scared cat
- Surrogate EFT helps two cats at a distance
- Rescuing Mellie the cat from death's door
- Successful EFT tapping - cats have needs too!
- EFT calms down a "Spooking Horse"
- Successful surrogate EFT for a choking horse
- Surrogate tapping brings peace to my filly, Rose!
- Because I work with animals every day, I know you can
- Impressive EFT surrogate work helps horse with sensitive hoof and an electric fence
- Surrogate EFT removes a horse's limp
- Using "mind pictures" for the Setup while doing EFT for Marva the horse
- EFT calms an injured horse and its handler
- Impressive surrogate work for ex-champion horse
- The horse with many fears
- Horse with panic attacks helped with EFT
- EFT reversed the cause of a 7 year chronic uterine infection in our mare!
- Surrogate EFT and Surrogate Muscle Testing resolve horse's bucking problem
- Tapping for a horse
- Some ideas about EFT for horses
- EFT for a pet
- Stunning physical healing in a baby goat
- EFT for profound grief at losing a pet -- finding a core issue
- Using EFT with animals for performance issues
- "Rainbow Bridge" tapping when you are grieving a lost pet
- Try EFT on Everything -- Even Fish!
- "EFT helped save my Goldfish"
- Do you have separation anxiety when you leave your pets?
- Two EFT cases: Reviving a gold fish ... and ... snoring
- Tapping on your own "chain of worry" before tapping on your pet's problem
- EFT for the healing of our pets
Table of Contents Help
The tabs on the right are shortcuts to where you have been:
- Previous Screen
- Previous Articles
- Previous Categories
- Start Page
- Hide Entire Menu
Swiping to the left will take you to the previous screen.
The folder icon indicates that more content is available. Click on the icon or the associated text, or swipe to the right to see the additional content.
Calming down a very scared cat
Important Note: This article was written prior to 2010 and is now outdated. Please use my newest advancement, Optimal EFT. It is more efficient, more powerful and clearly explained in my free e-book, The Unseen Therapist™. Best wishes, Gary
Here's an interesting account by Baerbel Froehlin. Note how she taps along her cat's spine. This is because the energy meridians can be accessed in this way.
The most interesting thing happened today with my very shy cat Dribble. She is almost like a feral cat; nobody is allowed to touch here - ever, including me. She will bite anyone who tries to come close to her. I have to put on protective clothing whenever she needs to be held or get her nails clipped. You can't bribe or tempt her with food; she is the opposite from my cat noodle and extremely picky. She panics whenever we get thunderstorms and hides forever, before she feels safe enough to come out again. I call her "our seismograph", she hides even when before audible or visible indication of a thunderstorm.
I live in the foothills of the Colorado Rockies. In summer we have extreme thunderstorms daily and, of course, this makes life miserable for Dribble. She is not able to eat because thunderstorms are ongoing and she's so scared. She is a very skinny cat to begin with; a nervous little being.
Recently I was able to just gently tap on her back along the spine, just 5 seconds each time. That must have left a huge impression on her because the other day, when the thunder was rolling and the lightning was flashing, she suddenly crept towards me, flat on the floor. Obviously I did represent safety and comfort for her.
I could see the horror and fear in her as she approached me, crawling under my hands for cover as the lightning was flashing outside. Automatically I started tapping along her spine, talking to her about calming down and being safe. I realized she had come to be tapped on.
You could watch her change as she let me tap on her for at least 10 minutes without trying to get away. She stayed and visibly calmed down. That had never happened before! It is clear to me that she approached me to be tapped on so she would feel better during the thunderstorm. It'll be interesting now to see if her behavior will change in general, with EFT making her more affectionate.
Baerbel Froehlin, CHt./HypnoCoach, EFT-ADV
FOR MORE EFT HELP ...
Explore our newest advancement, Optimal EFT™, by reading my free e-book, The Unseen Therapist™. More efficient. More powerful.