- Successful Surrogate EFT for Bilbo the Dog
- EFT for a suffering dog, test anxiety, needle fear and death transitions
- Three cases using EFT for dogs: Two for fear and one for a swollen paw
- EFT newcomer assists with her dog's eye problem
- Did surrogate EFT help a cat accept a new dog into the household?
- How to creatively use EFT on a dog--in this case for toxic reactions
- EFT newcomer successfully uses EFT for her abused dog
- EFT for a snoring schnauzer
- Here is evidence that our pets' emotional issues and behaviors mirror ours--dog behavior changes
- Two success stories of EFT with dogs: A vacuum cleaner fear and an arthritic back
- Surrogate EFT brings peace to scared animals
- Abused dog is housebroken with the use of EFT
- The sluggish beagle that suddenly turned frisky
- Did surrogate EFT for Mary's dog remove a lump?
- EFT quieted a dog
- The dog that used to chew everything
- Otto, the puppy had car sickness--but there was much more
- An amazing recovery for a tiny dog after a pit bull attack
- The mysterious vanishing growth on Marlene's dog
- A dog's thunder anxiety fades with surrogate EFT
- Surrogate EFT for a sick dog
- Surrogate tapping on a dog cleared chronic ear infections
- Surrogate EFT restores ailing dog's appetite
- Surrogate EFT for an injured stray dog
- A miracle for a therapy dog with heart worm
- Helping my cat Noodle to walk again
- Two first class uses of Surrogate EFT for Sarah Rushton's cat
- The cat who couldn't pee
- Success with a cat
- EFT successfully handles a CAT-tastrophe!
- What my dying cat taught me about doing EFT on animals
- Surrogate EFT calms aggressive stray cat
- EFT for a scaredy cat
- EFT helps cat through surgery
- Calming down a very scared cat
- The cat who no longer has "accidents" when using her litter tray
- Successful EFT tapping - cats have needs too!
- Surrogate EFT helps two cats at a distance
- Rescuing Mellie the cat from death's door
- The cat who was allergic to his food
- Bringing peace to a cringing kitten
- Surrogate tapping brings peace to my filly, Rose!
- Because I work with animals every day, I know you can
- Impressive EFT surrogate work helps horse with sensitive hoof and an electric fence
- Surrogate EFT removes a horse's limp
- Using "mind pictures" for the Setup while doing EFT for Marva the horse
- EFT calms an injured horse and its handler
- Impressive surrogate work for ex-champion horse
- The horse with many fears
- Horse with panic attacks helped with EFT
- EFT reversed the cause of a 7 year chronic uterine infection in our mare!
- Surrogate EFT and Surrogate Muscle Testing resolve horse's bucking problem
- Tapping for a horse
- Some ideas about EFT for horses
- EFT calms down a "Spooking Horse"
- Successful surrogate EFT for a choking horse
- Stunning physical healing in a baby goat
- EFT for profound grief at losing a pet -- finding a core issue
- Using EFT with animals for performance issues
- "Rainbow Bridge" tapping when you are grieving a lost pet
- "EFT helped save my Goldfish"
- Try EFT on Everything -- Even Fish!
- Two EFT cases: Reviving a gold fish ... and ... snoring
- Do you have separation anxiety when you leave your pets?
- Tapping on your own "chain of worry" before tapping on your pet's problem
- EFT for the healing of our pets
- EFT for a pet
Table of Contents Help
The tabs on the right are shortcuts to where you have been:
- Previous Screen
- Previous Articles
- Previous Categories
- Start Page
- Hide Entire Menu
Swiping to the left will take you to the previous screen.
The folder icon indicates that more content is available. Click on the icon or the associated text, or swipe to the right to see the additional content.
The cat who was allergic to his food
Important Note: This article was written prior to 2010 and is now outdated. Please use my newest advancement, Optimal EFT. It is more efficient, more powerful and clearly explained in my free e-book, The Unseen Therapist™. Best wishes, Gary
Maureen Cram from South Africa had a major cat "household problem" that was resolved with surrogate tapping and some unique detective work.
We have six cats – I have used EFT on all of them at various times (mostly surrogately and sometimes tapping on them around their faces) with great success. But my big ginger cat, Uti (so named as he has a kink or u-turn in his tail) still seemed to have issues.
I used EFT surrogately on his abandonment issues (he was taken to a pet shop at a very young age), his embarrassment issues (he didn’t know how to wash himself as the other cats do and consequently slurps loudly when washing himself), his inability to dig holes when using the indoor litter tray or outside in the garden (he would go sitting on top of the litter and then spend many minutes vainly trying to cover it up, getting agitated in the process). He was terrified of thunder and would sit paralyzed when he first heard the thunder ... so if he was out in the garden he would just sit there and get soaked by the rain, unable to move an inch.
All the issues above were sorted by using EFT, mostly surrogately and sometimes also by tapping him lightly just above his eyes – he was not keen for me to tap on his face. When we first got Uti he was used to eating fairly cheap dry cat food and seemed to have no problems with the food. My cats all eat premium dry food and all are thriving on it – apart from Uti.
He started pooping in the office, in the bedroom, in the bath - anywhere but where he should be going. To be blunt, the smell was appalling – as was the texture.
I did some surrogate EFT (tapping on me on behalf of Uti) for his digestive system.
Even though I have issues with my digestive system I am still a great cat
Even though my digestive system doesn’t feel right, I am still a great cat.
It seemed to help for a while. Then the pooping got worse and every night he would go in my husband’s bathroom ... the smell was so strong that it woke me up at 3 or 4 in the morning! My husband threatened Uti with leaving the household … I did all the clearing up but that was not the issue.
I was very puzzled as every other time I had used EFT on my cats (as well as with other cat and animal clients around the world) EFT was successful.
One early morning after another cleanup, I was lying in bed wondering what else I could try. Then suddenly ‘allergy’ came into my head. While on my daily walk, I tuned into Uti (I tap on the karate chop point and say ‘tuning in to Uti ... tuning in to Uti ... want to chat with Uti now’). I asked him how he was feeling (I actually carry on a conversation out loud when I walk, sometimes quite surprising to other people out walking their dogs or going to work!) and he said that he was definitely allergic to the food. He said he wanted the cheap stuff back (gimme the cheap stuff back) as he was fed up with his insides gurgling plus the fact that he felt unloved by my husband.
I did a couple of surrogate rounds (tapping on all the points on myself) using the setup, Even though this food is too rich for me I am still a great cat… I tapped on the various points saying: this rich food … don’t like this rich food … want the cheap food back … not getting the cheap food back … I can eat the rich food now … it’s easy for me to eat the rich food now … my system is fine with the rich food now.
Even though I am allergic to this rich food I am still a great cat. I tapped on: allergic to the rich food … not allergic to the rich food … easy to eat the rich food now … allergic to the rich food … not allergic to the rich food any longer … safe to eat the rich food now … easy and safe for me to eat the rich food now
I did a final round on Even though I am allergic to this rich food, it is easy for me to let go of the allergy now. I tapped: I can let go of this allergy now … I can easily let go of this allergy now … it is safe for me to let go of this allergy right now … I let go of this allergy now … I safely let go of this allergy now … I easily let go of this allergy now … I safely and easily let go of this allergy right now .
I heaved a big sigh and went back home and looked at Uti. His eyes seemed calmer and he was looking very sprightly and he didn’t hide under the dresser as he usually did.
That night before I went to sleep I did some EFT on me, in case I was focusing on what I thought was going to happen: Even though part of me thinks that Uti might poop in the bathroom again tonight, I now know that he is fine.
I think this part is very important when dealing with our companion animals as I have found that our thoughts are very closely tied in with what is happening in their lives – also the more you think that something is possibly going to happen, you then focus on it and surprise (not!) a self-fulfilling prophesy!
Next morning … nothing in the bathroom! Uti was up and about, went outside, ran up a tree (unheard of for him) and generally seemed much calmer and peaceful. Over the next few days he stuck up for himself more, didn’t run and hide under the dresser if one of the other cats looked at him – in fact he batted a couple of them himself, just with one paw as if to say ah so this is how it feels to stand my ground.
I waited for a few days and then we had another incident in the bathroom. This time it didn’t seem to smell so bad ... and when I got up to investigate, Uti was sitting in the bathroom next to it as if to say ‘here, check it out … much better!’ And it was. No more nasty liquid, normal stools in form and smell.
That was the last time he has pooped in the house. He has lost some weight, plays a lot more, stays out sitting in the sunshine or under a shady tree instead of just spending all his time asleep on our bed. It is now six months since I did the allergy EFT on him – I wanted to make sure that I had finally got to the core issue regarding the food.
EFT actually saved Uti from having to leave our house. My husband is happy with him again and most important, Uti is happy with himself.
FOR MORE EFT HELP ...
Explore our newest advancement, Optimal EFT™, by reading my free e-book, The Unseen Therapist™. More efficient. More powerful.