- The dog that used to chew everything
- Otto, the puppy had car sickness--but there was much more
- An amazing recovery for a tiny dog after a pit bull attack
- The mysterious vanishing growth on Marlene's dog
- A dog's thunder anxiety fades with surrogate EFT
- Surrogate EFT for a sick dog
- Surrogate tapping on a dog cleared chronic ear infections
- Surrogate EFT restores ailing dog's appetite
- Surrogate EFT for an injured stray dog
- A miracle for a therapy dog with heart worm
- Successful Surrogate EFT for Bilbo the Dog
- EFT for a suffering dog, test anxiety, needle fear and death transitions
- Three cases using EFT for dogs: Two for fear and one for a swollen paw
- EFT newcomer assists with her dog's eye problem
- Did surrogate EFT help a cat accept a new dog into the household?
- How to creatively use EFT on a dog--in this case for toxic reactions
- EFT newcomer successfully uses EFT for her abused dog
- EFT for a snoring schnauzer
- Here is evidence that our pets' emotional issues and behaviors mirror ours--dog behavior changes
- Two success stories of EFT with dogs: A vacuum cleaner fear and an arthritic back
- Surrogate EFT brings peace to scared animals
- Abused dog is housebroken with the use of EFT
- The sluggish beagle that suddenly turned frisky
- Did surrogate EFT for Mary's dog remove a lump?
- EFT quieted a dog
- Calming down a very scared cat
- The cat who no longer has "accidents" when using her litter tray
- Successful EFT tapping - cats have needs too!
- Surrogate EFT helps two cats at a distance
- Rescuing Mellie the cat from death's door
- The cat who was allergic to his food
- Bringing peace to a cringing kitten
- Two first class uses of Surrogate EFT for Sarah Rushton's cat
- Helping my cat Noodle to walk again
- Success with a cat
- The cat who couldn't pee
- What my dying cat taught me about doing EFT on animals
- EFT successfully handles a CAT-tastrophe!
- EFT for a scaredy cat
- Surrogate EFT calms aggressive stray cat
- EFT helps cat through surgery
- Surrogate EFT and Surrogate Muscle Testing resolve horse's bucking problem
- Tapping for a horse
- Some ideas about EFT for horses
- EFT calms down a "Spooking Horse"
- Successful surrogate EFT for a choking horse
- Surrogate tapping brings peace to my filly, Rose!
- Because I work with animals every day, I know you can
- Impressive EFT surrogate work helps horse with sensitive hoof and an electric fence
- Surrogate EFT removes a horse's limp
- Using "mind pictures" for the Setup while doing EFT for Marva the horse
- EFT calms an injured horse and its handler
- Impressive surrogate work for ex-champion horse
- The horse with many fears
- Horse with panic attacks helped with EFT
- EFT reversed the cause of a 7 year chronic uterine infection in our mare!
- Tapping on your own "chain of worry" before tapping on your pet's problem
- EFT for the healing of our pets
- EFT for a pet
- Stunning physical healing in a baby goat
- EFT for profound grief at losing a pet -- finding a core issue
- "Rainbow Bridge" tapping when you are grieving a lost pet
- Using EFT with animals for performance issues
- Try EFT on Everything -- Even Fish!
- "EFT helped save my Goldfish"
- Two EFT cases: Reviving a gold fish ... and ... snoring
- Do you have separation anxiety when you leave your pets?
Table of Contents Help
The tabs on the right are shortcuts to where you have been:
- Previous Screen
- Previous Articles
- Previous Categories
- Start Page
- Hide Entire Menu
Swiping to the left will take you to the previous screen.
The folder icon indicates that more content is available. Click on the icon or the associated text, or swipe to the right to see the additional content.
EFT for a scaredy cat
Note: This is one of 3,000 articles written prior to the updated Gold Standard (Official) EFT Tapping Tutorial™. As a result, it is likely outdated. It provides practical uses for EFT Tapping but you should also explore our newest advancement, Optimal EFT, by reading our free e-book, The Unseen Therapist™, and/or get help from a Certified EFT Practitioner.
Note: This article assumes you have a working knowledge of EFT. Newcomers can still learn from it but are advised to peruse our Free Gold Standard (Official) EFT Tutorial™ for a more complete understanding.
JoAnn SkyWatcher's cat responds nicely to surrogate EFT. This simple idea has wide use for animals of all kinds.
Ginger is a sweet cat even though she's been a scaredy-cat. Her mother was mostly feral and taught Ginger to be afraid of humans. Ginger's mother disappeared a year ago, most likely munched by a bobcat that was living near our pond at the time. We've had Ginger for 2 1/2 years, and she's a hardy outside cat who ruthlessly (hey, she's a cat! What do you expect?) keeps down the mice population in our home.
Even though we feed Ginger, and she loves being petted (though only by us), she hasn't liked us picking her up or putting her on our laps. She's gotten a lot friendlier in the year since her mother vanished.
Just the other day, I really wanted Ginger on my lap. I was outside sitting in a lawn chair, and Ginger walked over to me. I tried picking her up and she jumped out of my hands. So, I thought I would try surrogate EFT, on her. I didn't even have to physically tap on my cat. She's way too skittish for that. Here is how I did it. I imagined that I was Ginger. I tapped on my karate chop point saying:
Even though my mother taught me not to trust people, I'm an OK cat.
Even though I've been afraid of people, including JoAnn, and I'm an OK cat.
Even though I'm a scaredy-cat, and my mother taught me to be leery of people, I'm an OK cat.
I tapped on my meridians for one round saying "scaredy-cat" as a reminder phrase. Then I did another round, saying things like:
My mom taught me not to trust people
Maybe I can trust JoAnn, she's been feeding me for my whole life JoAnn hasn't hurt me.
Maybe I can trust her.
Maybe it's okay for me to get on her lap. I can trust JoAnn.
It is okay for me to get on her lap. I feel safe on JoAnn's lap.
After I finished, Ginger let me pick her up. She didn't struggle at all. I put her on my lap and didn't feel any resistance. I started to pet her and she let me. She stayed on my lap for 10 minutes, purring as I stroked her fur.
EFT is an amazing tool! Gary Craig says try it on everything, and that includes even a scaredy-cat named Ginger.
FOR MORE EFT HELP ...
Explore our newest advancement, Optimal EFT™, by reading our free e-book, The Unseen Therapist™.