- EFT for a suffering dog, test anxiety, needle fear and death transitions
- Three cases using EFT for dogs: Two for fear and one for a swollen paw
- Successful Surrogate EFT for Bilbo the Dog
- Did surrogate EFT help a cat accept a new dog into the household?
- How to creatively use EFT on a dog--in this case for toxic reactions
- EFT newcomer assists with her dog's eye problem
- EFT newcomer successfully uses EFT for her abused dog
- EFT for a snoring schnauzer
- Here is evidence that our pets' emotional issues and behaviors mirror ours--dog behavior changes
- Two success stories of EFT with dogs: A vacuum cleaner fear and an arthritic back
- Surrogate EFT brings peace to scared animals
- Abused dog is housebroken with the use of EFT
- The sluggish beagle that suddenly turned frisky
- Did surrogate EFT for Mary's dog remove a lump?
- EFT quieted a dog
- Otto, the puppy had car sickness--but there was much more
- An amazing recovery for a tiny dog after a pit bull attack
- The mysterious vanishing growth on Marlene's dog
- The dog that used to chew everything
- Surrogate EFT for a sick dog
- Surrogate tapping on a dog cleared chronic ear infections
- A dog's thunder anxiety fades with surrogate EFT
- Surrogate EFT for an injured stray dog
- A miracle for a therapy dog with heart worm
- Surrogate EFT restores ailing dog's appetite
- Helping my cat Noodle to walk again
- Two first class uses of Surrogate EFT for Sarah Rushton's cat
- The cat who couldn't pee
- Success with a cat
- What my dying cat taught me about doing EFT on animals
- EFT successfully handles a CAT-tastrophe!
- EFT for a scaredy cat
- Surrogate EFT calms aggressive stray cat
- EFT helps cat through surgery
- The cat who no longer has "accidents" when using her litter tray
- Calming down a very scared cat
- Surrogate EFT helps two cats at a distance
- Rescuing Mellie the cat from death's door
- Successful EFT tapping - cats have needs too!
- Bringing peace to a cringing kitten
- The cat who was allergic to his food
- Surrogate tapping brings peace to my filly, Rose!
- Because I work with animals every day, I know you can
- Impressive EFT surrogate work helps horse with sensitive hoof and an electric fence
- Surrogate EFT removes a horse's limp
- Using "mind pictures" for the Setup while doing EFT for Marva the horse
- EFT calms an injured horse and its handler
- Impressive surrogate work for ex-champion horse
- The horse with many fears
- Horse with panic attacks helped with EFT
- EFT reversed the cause of a 7 year chronic uterine infection in our mare!
- Surrogate EFT and Surrogate Muscle Testing resolve horse's bucking problem
- Tapping for a horse
- Some ideas about EFT for horses
- EFT calms down a "Spooking Horse"
- Successful surrogate EFT for a choking horse
- Stunning physical healing in a baby goat
- EFT for profound grief at losing a pet -- finding a core issue
- "Rainbow Bridge" tapping when you are grieving a lost pet
- Using EFT with animals for performance issues
- Try EFT on Everything -- Even Fish!
- "EFT helped save my Goldfish"
- Do you have separation anxiety when you leave your pets?
- Two EFT cases: Reviving a gold fish ... and ... snoring
- Tapping on your own "chain of worry" before tapping on your pet's problem
- EFT for the healing of our pets
- EFT for a pet
Table of Contents Help
The tabs on the right are shortcuts to where you have been:
- Previous Screen
- Previous Articles
- Previous Categories
- Start Page
- Hide Entire Menu
Swiping to the left will take you to the previous screen.
The folder icon indicates that more content is available. Click on the icon or the associated text, or swipe to the right to see the additional content.
EFT helps cat through surgery
Note: This is one of 3,000 articles written prior to the updated Gold Standard (Official) EFT Tapping Tutorial™. As a result, it is likely outdated. It provides practical uses for EFT Tapping but you should also explore our newest advancement, Optimal EFT, by reading our free e-book, The Unseen Therapist™, and/or get help from a Certified EFT Practitioner.
Here is an article by Baerbel Froehlin showing the synergistic use of EFT that benefited both Baerbel and her cat.
I have a cat, Noodle, who had to have surgery to take out a big mass, located on her right side. Since Noodle is 14 years old and suffers from severe arthritis – see my article "Helping my cat Noodle to walk again" - the vet told me it could be risky to do the surgery, because of the length of time and the amount of anesthesia involved.
Noodle has become a very dear friend to me; she is highly intuitive and loving, at the same time smart, independent and strong. She was a busy hunter while she still could go outside, before her arthritis hit. She also educated the other, new young cats that came and went while she was there always. I once watched her in disbelief as she "coached" a young cat down a very high tree where it was stuck, crying.
The night before her surgery I spent extra time with her, tapping on her and telling her how easy and fast the whole surgery thing would go by her, without any problems whatsoever. All the time she looked straight into my eyes, purring, making little noises, talking back to me. She always loves being tapped on! I reminded her how strong she was, how protected at all times because I gave her several small cat angels that would watch over her at all times.
I had this feeling of danger; I clearly was afraid for her to run into problems. I noticed how bad I felt myself. It felt like I had a weight on my left side chest that seemed to get worse and affect my stomach.
The next morning, after they took a blood sample, the vet called me, telling me that one of her kidneys seemed to have a problem. He suggested waiting for a few weeks and doing more tests. The fear crept up on me again because in the past Noodle had vomited a few times too often, she sometimes coughed and scared me. Finally I made up my mind, thinking of the huge lump in her side that needed to go, and thus they did the surgery.
All day long I felt miserable with my chest pain. Even more scary, I had no appetite at all, my stomach was in alarm mode. So I tapped:
Even though I have this chest pain…
Even though it feels like Noodle is in my chest…
Even though this pain is scary … right next to my heart … could be dangerous … could be severe problems…
I'm scared … for Noodle … and for myself … we both have a problem … don't know what's going to happen … I'm scared…
Noodle is in my chest … I choose to get through this … for both of us…
I choose to trust that it is not my time to go just yet … I can be strong for both of us … tomorrow is going to be a much better day!
The pain subsided for a moment and came back. Whenever I took a deeper breath it became stronger, so I refused to even think about it any longer. I kept sending surrogate EFT to Noodle, telling her how good life would be for both of us when the surgery was over. I promised her big meals as soon as she could eat again.
Noodle is a glutton; she insisted on being fed the moment I brought her home. She had a 3-inch incision with an oozing drainage tube and was still very weak. Her legs couldn't carry her, however, she walked to her feeding place, falling over twice and sat there, shaking, waiting for her promised food which she inhaled like there was no tomorrow.
We did a few rounds on reducing the oozing of the wound … for quick healing needed amount only; we tapped on being able to relax and let the body do the work now, using the food for recovery energy. We tapped on how lucky we were to be through this, feeling good and strong, ready for bed and a deep refreshing sleep. I told her there was no pulling and scratching at the wound area, she would leave it alone so I could take the terrible plastic collar off.
Suddenly I realized that the weight and pain on my chest had left; I could breathe and felt good as usual! Obviously, doing all the tapping for Noodle I had done it for myself too. It helped that she was out of immediate danger so I could relax. The next morning I noticed the drainage had almost stopped. Noodle had two big breakfasts, then rolled over and slept herself into fast recovery!
The wonders of EFT!
Baerbel Froehlin, CHt./HypnoCoach, EFT-ADV
FOR MORE EFT HELP ...
Explore our newest advancement, Optimal EFT™, by reading our free e-book, The Unseen Therapist™.