- The mysterious vanishing growth on Marlene's dog
- The dog that used to chew everything
- Otto, the puppy had car sickness--but there was much more
- An amazing recovery for a tiny dog after a pit bull attack
- A dog's thunder anxiety fades with surrogate EFT
- Surrogate EFT for a sick dog
- Surrogate tapping on a dog cleared chronic ear infections
- Surrogate EFT restores ailing dog's appetite
- Surrogate EFT for an injured stray dog
- A miracle for a therapy dog with heart worm
- Successful Surrogate EFT for Bilbo the Dog
- EFT for a suffering dog, test anxiety, needle fear and death transitions
- Three cases using EFT for dogs: Two for fear and one for a swollen paw
- EFT newcomer assists with her dog's eye problem
- Did surrogate EFT help a cat accept a new dog into the household?
- How to creatively use EFT on a dog--in this case for toxic reactions
- EFT newcomer successfully uses EFT for her abused dog
- EFT for a snoring schnauzer
- Here is evidence that our pets' emotional issues and behaviors mirror ours--dog behavior changes
- Two success stories of EFT with dogs: A vacuum cleaner fear and an arthritic back
- Surrogate EFT brings peace to scared animals
- Abused dog is housebroken with the use of EFT
- The sluggish beagle that suddenly turned frisky
- Did surrogate EFT for Mary's dog remove a lump?
- EFT quieted a dog
- Calming down a very scared cat
- The cat who no longer has "accidents" when using her litter tray
- Rescuing Mellie the cat from death's door
- Successful EFT tapping - cats have needs too!
- Surrogate EFT helps two cats at a distance
- Bringing peace to a cringing kitten
- The cat who was allergic to his food
- Helping my cat Noodle to walk again
- Two first class uses of Surrogate EFT for Sarah Rushton's cat
- The cat who couldn't pee
- Success with a cat
- EFT successfully handles a CAT-tastrophe!
- What my dying cat taught me about doing EFT on animals
- Surrogate EFT calms aggressive stray cat
- EFT for a scaredy cat
- EFT helps cat through surgery
- Tapping for a horse
- Surrogate EFT and Surrogate Muscle Testing resolve horse's bucking problem
- Some ideas about EFT for horses
- EFT calms down a "Spooking Horse"
- Successful surrogate EFT for a choking horse
- Surrogate tapping brings peace to my filly, Rose!
- Because I work with animals every day, I know you can
- Impressive EFT surrogate work helps horse with sensitive hoof and an electric fence
- Surrogate EFT removes a horse's limp
- Using "mind pictures" for the Setup while doing EFT for Marva the horse
- EFT calms an injured horse and its handler
- Impressive surrogate work for ex-champion horse
- The horse with many fears
- Horse with panic attacks helped with EFT
- EFT reversed the cause of a 7 year chronic uterine infection in our mare!
- Tapping on your own "chain of worry" before tapping on your pet's problem
- EFT for the healing of our pets
- EFT for a pet
- Stunning physical healing in a baby goat
- EFT for profound grief at losing a pet -- finding a core issue
- Using EFT with animals for performance issues
- "Rainbow Bridge" tapping when you are grieving a lost pet
- "EFT helped save my Goldfish"
- Try EFT on Everything -- Even Fish!
- Two EFT cases: Reviving a gold fish ... and ... snoring
- Do you have separation anxiety when you leave your pets?
Table of Contents Help
The tabs on the right are shortcuts to where you have been:
- Previous Screen
- Previous Articles
- Previous Categories
- Start Page
- Hide Entire Menu
Swiping to the left will take you to the previous screen.
The folder icon indicates that more content is available. Click on the icon or the associated text, or swipe to the right to see the additional content.
Abused dog is housebroken with the use of EFT
Important Note: This article was written prior to 2010 and is now outdated. Please use my newest advancement, Optimal EFT. It is more efficient, more powerful and clearly explained in my free e-book, The Unseen Therapist™. Best wishes, Gary
Suzanne Peach shows us some of the fine points involved in using EFT for animals. Note how she uses surrogate tapping. She says, "When I work on animals, I work surrogately. I first start by tapping on my KC point, saying, "I’m Amy" (animal’s name) 3 times. Then I tap on myself as if I were the animal, envisioning what it's like as the animal. Here are some of the phrases I used..."
I've been using EFT on more and more animals with great success. Here's one of my success stories:
Amy is a standard, black poodle that was adopted a week earlier by a friend of mine. Amy had been owned by a breeder in another state who kept her locked in a crate her entire life. She was thin, skittish, nervous and wary of people. She was also doing all of her business in the house, as she wasn’t used to relieving herself outdoors, having lived in a crate. The other issue was that since moving here, Amy was hardly drinking any water, which is unhealthy in Colorado's higher altitude.
When I work on animals, I work surrogately. I first start by tapping on my KC point, saying, "I’m Amy" (animal’s name) 3 times. Then I tap on myself as if I were the animal, envisioning what it's like as the animal. Here are some of the phrases I used on Amy:
Even though I’m in a new place and don’t feel comfortable, I deeply and completely love and accept myself and I’m a GREAT dog.
Even though I’m not sure where I am or why I’m here… and I’m a GREAT dog.
Even though I’m scared and don’t feel safe… and I’m a GREAT dog.
Even though I go to the bathroom in the house, which is upsetting my new human… and I’m a GREAT dog.
Even though I’m taken outside but don’t know what I’m supposed to do outside… and I’m a GREAT dog.
Then I used these phrases on the points:
New place … scared don’t feel safe … this is all new to me … what am I supposed to do … where’s my den?
Then, I choose to feel safe and secure (used that phrase a lot) … this is my new home … this is my new den … I choose to go potty outside … new home … release all fear… release all fear about my new home … release all fear about this human … she seems nicer and more loving … choose to trust this new human
I worked on Amy for about 30 minutes, and then took her outside for a walk. During this walk, as we approached patches of grass where she could relieve herself, I was still tapping:
Even though I’m not supposed to go potty out here… and I’m a GREAT dog.
Even though this is all new and scary to me… and I’m a GREAT dog.
Then on the points:
My other human didn’t want me to go on the grass ... but I’m not with her anymore ... She wasn’t very nice to me ... I choose to feel safe going potty on the grass ... I choose to allow myself complete freedom and permission to go potty on the grass
Note - while I’m tapping, I am visualizing Amy going to the bathroom on the grass and feeling good about it. About 10 minutes into the walk, Amy walked over to a lawn where she proceeded to relieve herself of all of her business. She was praised and we all went back inside.
Before we left the house, I had also tapped for her to want to drink water, and that there was plenty and it wouldn’t have to be rationed. We brought a water bowl in and right after putting it on the floor, Amy started drinking as fast as she could.
I finished up the session by tapping on my KC point while saying I’m Susanne, I’m Susanne, I’m Susanne.
The reports after this session were that Amy continued to improve and was settling in to her new home very well.
One more tip that I’ve found invaluable. When necessary, I tap for the guardian of the animal as well. So in this case if the person was anxious about Amy going to the bathroom in the house, (which she wasn’t) I’d tap:
Even though I hate that Amy goes to the bathroom in the house...
Even though I know she’s adjusting and doesn’t know any other way...
I forgive Amy … she doesn’t know any better … I will accept her as she is and keep working on housebreaking her
This is a component I feel crucial for most of my animal EFT cases. It’s because these beautiful creatures pick up on our feelings and emotions so easily and often mirror them or try to compensate for them. This, of course, only makes their symptoms worse. So if you can get the person’s issues out of the way, it often helps with the animal.
With love and gratitude,
Susanne Peach, EFT-ADV
FOR MORE EFT HELP ...
Explore our newest advancement, Optimal EFT™, by reading my free e-book, The Unseen Therapist™. More efficient. More powerful.