- Surrogate EFT brings peace to scared animals
- Abused dog is housebroken with the use of EFT
- Two success stories of EFT with dogs: A vacuum cleaner fear and an arthritic back
- Did surrogate EFT for Mary's dog remove a lump?
- EFT quieted a dog
- The sluggish beagle that suddenly turned frisky
- An amazing recovery for a tiny dog after a pit bull attack
- The mysterious vanishing growth on Marlene's dog
- The dog that used to chew everything
- Otto, the puppy had car sickness--but there was much more
- Surrogate tapping on a dog cleared chronic ear infections
- A dog's thunder anxiety fades with surrogate EFT
- Surrogate EFT for a sick dog
- A miracle for a therapy dog with heart worm
- Surrogate EFT restores ailing dog's appetite
- Surrogate EFT for an injured stray dog
- Three cases using EFT for dogs: Two for fear and one for a swollen paw
- Successful Surrogate EFT for Bilbo the Dog
- EFT for a suffering dog, test anxiety, needle fear and death transitions
- How to creatively use EFT on a dog--in this case for toxic reactions
- EFT newcomer assists with her dog's eye problem
- Did surrogate EFT help a cat accept a new dog into the household?
- Here is evidence that our pets' emotional issues and behaviors mirror ours--dog behavior changes
- EFT newcomer successfully uses EFT for her abused dog
- EFT for a snoring schnauzer
- Surrogate EFT calms aggressive stray cat
- EFT for a scaredy cat
- EFT helps cat through surgery
- Calming down a very scared cat
- The cat who no longer has "accidents" when using her litter tray
- Rescuing Mellie the cat from death's door
- Successful EFT tapping - cats have needs too!
- Surrogate EFT helps two cats at a distance
- Bringing peace to a cringing kitten
- The cat who was allergic to his food
- Helping my cat Noodle to walk again
- Two first class uses of Surrogate EFT for Sarah Rushton's cat
- The cat who couldn't pee
- Success with a cat
- EFT successfully handles a CAT-tastrophe!
- What my dying cat taught me about doing EFT on animals
- Impressive surrogate work for ex-champion horse
- The horse with many fears
- Horse with panic attacks helped with EFT
- EFT reversed the cause of a 7 year chronic uterine infection in our mare!
- Surrogate EFT and Surrogate Muscle Testing resolve horse's bucking problem
- Tapping for a horse
- Some ideas about EFT for horses
- Successful surrogate EFT for a choking horse
- EFT calms down a "Spooking Horse"
- Because I work with animals every day, I know you can
- Surrogate tapping brings peace to my filly, Rose!
- Surrogate EFT removes a horse's limp
- Impressive EFT surrogate work helps horse with sensitive hoof and an electric fence
- Using "mind pictures" for the Setup while doing EFT for Marva the horse
- EFT calms an injured horse and its handler
- "EFT helped save my Goldfish"
- Try EFT on Everything -- Even Fish!
- Two EFT cases: Reviving a gold fish ... and ... snoring
- Do you have separation anxiety when you leave your pets?
- Tapping on your own "chain of worry" before tapping on your pet's problem
- EFT for the healing of our pets
- EFT for a pet
- Stunning physical healing in a baby goat
- EFT for profound grief at losing a pet -- finding a core issue
- Using EFT with animals for performance issues
- "Rainbow Bridge" tapping when you are grieving a lost pet
Table of Contents Help
The tabs on the right are shortcuts to where you have been:
- Previous Screen
- Previous Articles
- Previous Categories
- Start Page
- Hide Entire Menu
Swiping to the left will take you to the previous screen.
The folder icon indicates that more content is available. Click on the icon or the associated text, or swipe to the right to see the additional content.
Surrogate EFT brings peace to scared animals
Important Note: This article was written prior to 2010 and is now outdated. Please use my newest advancement, Optimal EFT. It is more efficient, more powerful and clearly explained in my free e-book, The Unseen Therapist™. Best wishes, Gary
Note: This article assumes you have a working knowledge of EFT. Newcomers can still learn from it but are advised to peruse our Free Gold Standard (Official) EFT Tutorial™ for a more complete understanding.
Listen in as Sandra Marshall from the UK tells us how she used surrogate EFT to produce remarkable results for a cat and a dog. Very useful.
Just after receiving your newsletter and reading about JoAnn SkyWatcher's nervous cat I decided to try some surrogate EFT on my own very nervous rescued cat.
We adopted Puss from a local rescue when our old cat died. She's a very pretty Calico Tortie that had been back to the rescue twice. We've now had her for almost two years, and she is improving all the time. But she just hates being picked up and is very jumpy when people talk or walk into a room.
Recently when I started the surrogate EFT, I looked directly at her, and she looked straight back, as if listening, even though I said nothing - the EFT was going on in my head and I wasn't physically tapping on myself or her (I'm getting good at this, and can tune in without tapping). I was just using anything that came to mind, like:
Even though I was cruelly treated I don't have to be afraid any more.
Even though I haven't been able to trust anyone before, I can now … haven't they always treated me well here? …They'll never hurt me here, and so on. For the reminder phrase I used the same term as JoAnn did 'scaredy cat'.
After a few minutes, I put my hand down and Puss came over to me. Then I gently picked her up, still doing the surrogate EFT in my head. She paddy-padded my arm for a few minutes, then settled down, purring. She stayed put for over ten minutes until I had to put her down because my arm was hurting. During this time a friend who was in the house was walking around and talking to me on and off, which would normally send Puss scurrying for cover. But she just stayed put, purring happily. When I put her down, she sat back and had a nice wash, then wandered off.
I have tried surrogate EFT on an animal once before, when I spotted a lady outside my house who was trying to get a beautiful golden retriever to move. It had sat down on the pavement and wasn't going to budge for anyone. The lady told me the dog was terrified of fireworks and hated going out for a walk (it was around Bonfire Night).
I stood away from the dog (I'm a bit wary of them) doing surrogate EFT in my head. After a minute or so, the dog came over to me and rubbed it's head on my hip while I gently stroked it, still doing the EFT. Then, suddenly, it trotted off up the pavement, while the owner and I stood and watched in amazement. I confess I didn't tell the lady I'd used EFT in case she thought I was weird. But I wish I had. EFT is brilliant, isn't it?
FOR MORE EFT HELP ...
Explore our newest advancement, Optimal EFT™, by reading my free e-book, The Unseen Therapist™. More efficient. More powerful.