- Three cases using EFT for dogs: Two for fear and one for a swollen paw
- Successful Surrogate EFT for Bilbo the Dog
- EFT for a suffering dog, test anxiety, needle fear and death transitions
- How to creatively use EFT on a dog--in this case for toxic reactions
- EFT newcomer assists with her dog's eye problem
- Did surrogate EFT help a cat accept a new dog into the household?
- Here is evidence that our pets' emotional issues and behaviors mirror ours--dog behavior changes
- EFT newcomer successfully uses EFT for her abused dog
- EFT for a snoring schnauzer
- Surrogate EFT brings peace to scared animals
- Abused dog is housebroken with the use of EFT
- Two success stories of EFT with dogs: A vacuum cleaner fear and an arthritic back
- Did surrogate EFT for Mary's dog remove a lump?
- EFT quieted a dog
- The sluggish beagle that suddenly turned frisky
- An amazing recovery for a tiny dog after a pit bull attack
- The mysterious vanishing growth on Marlene's dog
- The dog that used to chew everything
- Otto, the puppy had car sickness--but there was much more
- Surrogate tapping on a dog cleared chronic ear infections
- A dog's thunder anxiety fades with surrogate EFT
- Surrogate EFT for a sick dog
- A miracle for a therapy dog with heart worm
- Surrogate EFT restores ailing dog's appetite
- Surrogate EFT for an injured stray dog
- Helping my cat Noodle to walk again
- Two first class uses of Surrogate EFT for Sarah Rushton's cat
- The cat who couldn't pee
- Success with a cat
- EFT successfully handles a CAT-tastrophe!
- What my dying cat taught me about doing EFT on animals
- Surrogate EFT calms aggressive stray cat
- EFT for a scaredy cat
- EFT helps cat through surgery
- Calming down a very scared cat
- The cat who no longer has "accidents" when using her litter tray
- Rescuing Mellie the cat from death's door
- Successful EFT tapping - cats have needs too!
- Surrogate EFT helps two cats at a distance
- Bringing peace to a cringing kitten
- The cat who was allergic to his food
- Because I work with animals every day, I know you can
- Surrogate tapping brings peace to my filly, Rose!
- Surrogate EFT removes a horse's limp
- Impressive EFT surrogate work helps horse with sensitive hoof and an electric fence
- EFT calms an injured horse and its handler
- Using "mind pictures" for the Setup while doing EFT for Marva the horse
- Impressive surrogate work for ex-champion horse
- The horse with many fears
- Horse with panic attacks helped with EFT
- EFT reversed the cause of a 7 year chronic uterine infection in our mare!
- Surrogate EFT and Surrogate Muscle Testing resolve horse's bucking problem
- Tapping for a horse
- Some ideas about EFT for horses
- Successful surrogate EFT for a choking horse
- EFT calms down a "Spooking Horse"
- Stunning physical healing in a baby goat
- EFT for profound grief at losing a pet -- finding a core issue
- Using EFT with animals for performance issues
- "Rainbow Bridge" tapping when you are grieving a lost pet
- "EFT helped save my Goldfish"
- Try EFT on Everything -- Even Fish!
- Two EFT cases: Reviving a gold fish ... and ... snoring
- Do you have separation anxiety when you leave your pets?
- Tapping on your own "chain of worry" before tapping on your pet's problem
- EFT for the healing of our pets
- EFT for a pet
Table of Contents Help
The tabs on the right are shortcuts to where you have been:
- Previous Screen
- Previous Articles
- Previous Categories
- Start Page
- Hide Entire Menu
Swiping to the left will take you to the previous screen.
The folder icon indicates that more content is available. Click on the icon or the associated text, or swipe to the right to see the additional content.
A miracle for a therapy dog with heart worm
Important Note: This article was written prior to 2010 and is now outdated. Please use my newest advancement, Optimal EFT. It is more efficient, more powerful and clearly explained in my free e-book, The Unseen Therapist™. Best wishes, Gary
Note: This article assumes you have a working knowledge of EFT. Newcomers can still learn from it but are advised to peruse our Free Gold Standard (Official) EFT Tutorial™ for a more complete understanding.
Here's a touching story by Agatha Gelderloos wherein group surrogate EFT produced a stunning result for her dog. At the end of her article she says, "Just a month later we visited the vet for Shasta's half yearly heart worm check, and guess what? She is free from the nasty little buggers!!" Please consult veterinarians on all cases like this.
I work with children in treatment foster care and bring my therapy dog Shasta (a Beagle) to work for comfort and connection for the children who have often experienced extreme trauma. I do EFT with the children also, but this story is about Shasta! Shasta has been the love of the office both for the children as well as the staff. She does a great service!
However, Shasta was diagnosed with heart worm shortly after my son, a professional dog trainer, found her in February, 2008. She was treated for it with hard core heart worm treatment, which is very difficult on a dog's system. After the initial treatment she was put on regular prevention heart worm medication, which was supposed to take care of any residual baby heart worm.
The first treatment took care of the adult heart worm, but she continued to have problems with the baby heart worms, that stayed and circulated in her system, to great wonderment of the veterinarians and laboratory personnel. Her vet even called the disease control in Texas to discuss the case, and they were also puzzled as to why she would not respond to the treatment. They reported they had never seen a dog that didn't respond to this treatment. She has been struggling with this condition for a year and a half.
I recently attended an EFT workshop with Rue Hass and Gwyneth Moss in Colorado, and one day we were surrogate tapping on animals. Most tapping was around dogs in people's neighborhoods that barked excessively. Although I have successfully used EFT on Shasta in the past when she feels sick, it somehow never occurred to me to tap on the heart worm situation. I asked Gwyneth, who was facilitating the session, if it would be possible to tap on Shasta's heart worm condition and we did. Shasta was there in the room sitting on her bed while the whole group tapped surrogately on her.
Even though I had no idea what she had experienced before the time my son found her, I imagined to be Shasta, and really started to feel what she must have gone through in the time she was lost in the big city. The group surrogate tapped on what I told them came up for me intuitively as her fear when she got lost in St. Louis (where my son found her) and how scared she was of the cars and the larger dogs. How she got lost because of her curiosity and could not find the way home. That she was on the streets for a long time before she was found.
The strongest feeling was the sense of "being lost." When I mentioned that now she has an identifying chip in her neck, so she would always be found back, she sat up from her bed and with a puzzled look on her face looked straight at me in front of the room, as if to say: "You must be kidding me?? I can't get lost again??"
Then Gwyneth, who facilitated the session, asked me: "Why do you need to hold on to the baby heart worms? There was a strong intuitive feeling that she needed to hold on to the baby heart worms in order to prevent her from becoming too curious and energetic so she would again let this curiosity get the best of her, and cause her again to get lost. (Never realized that even dogs deal with secondary benefits.) We tapped for her to let her heart heal and release the baby heart worms, and that she would not be able to get lost again because she now has a chip in her neck that would tell any vet who her owner is.
Just a month later we visited the vet for Shasta's half yearly heart worm check, and guess what? She is free from the nasty little buggers!! Thanks to EFT, Gary, the wonderful group that tapped for her and especially Gwyneth who facilitated the session, my eternal gratitude! (and Shasta's!)
FOR MORE EFT HELP ...
Explore our newest advancement, Optimal EFT™, by reading my free e-book, The Unseen Therapist™. More efficient. More powerful.