- Three cases using EFT for dogs: Two for fear and one for a swollen paw
- Successful Surrogate EFT for Bilbo the Dog
- EFT for a suffering dog, test anxiety, needle fear and death transitions
- How to creatively use EFT on a dog--in this case for toxic reactions
- EFT newcomer assists with her dog's eye problem
- Did surrogate EFT help a cat accept a new dog into the household?
- Here is evidence that our pets' emotional issues and behaviors mirror ours--dog behavior changes
- EFT newcomer successfully uses EFT for her abused dog
- EFT for a snoring schnauzer
- Abused dog is housebroken with the use of EFT
- Two success stories of EFT with dogs: A vacuum cleaner fear and an arthritic back
- Surrogate EFT brings peace to scared animals
- EFT quieted a dog
- The sluggish beagle that suddenly turned frisky
- Did surrogate EFT for Mary's dog remove a lump?
- The mysterious vanishing growth on Marlene's dog
- The dog that used to chew everything
- Otto, the puppy had car sickness--but there was much more
- An amazing recovery for a tiny dog after a pit bull attack
- A dog's thunder anxiety fades with surrogate EFT
- Surrogate EFT for a sick dog
- Surrogate tapping on a dog cleared chronic ear infections
- A miracle for a therapy dog with heart worm
- Surrogate EFT restores ailing dog's appetite
- Surrogate EFT for an injured stray dog
- Helping my cat Noodle to walk again
- Two first class uses of Surrogate EFT for Sarah Rushton's cat
- The cat who couldn't pee
- Success with a cat
- EFT successfully handles a CAT-tastrophe!
- What my dying cat taught me about doing EFT on animals
- Surrogate EFT calms aggressive stray cat
- EFT for a scaredy cat
- EFT helps cat through surgery
- Calming down a very scared cat
- The cat who no longer has "accidents" when using her litter tray
- Rescuing Mellie the cat from death's door
- Successful EFT tapping - cats have needs too!
- Surrogate EFT helps two cats at a distance
- Bringing peace to a cringing kitten
- The cat who was allergic to his food
- Because I work with animals every day, I know you can
- Surrogate tapping brings peace to my filly, Rose!
- Surrogate EFT removes a horse's limp
- Impressive EFT surrogate work helps horse with sensitive hoof and an electric fence
- EFT calms an injured horse and its handler
- Using "mind pictures" for the Setup while doing EFT for Marva the horse
- The horse with many fears
- Impressive surrogate work for ex-champion horse
- EFT reversed the cause of a 7 year chronic uterine infection in our mare!
- Horse with panic attacks helped with EFT
- Tapping for a horse
- Surrogate EFT and Surrogate Muscle Testing resolve horse's bucking problem
- Some ideas about EFT for horses
- Successful surrogate EFT for a choking horse
- EFT calms down a "Spooking Horse"
- Stunning physical healing in a baby goat
- EFT for profound grief at losing a pet -- finding a core issue
- Using EFT with animals for performance issues
- "Rainbow Bridge" tapping when you are grieving a lost pet
- "EFT helped save my Goldfish"
- Try EFT on Everything -- Even Fish!
- Two EFT cases: Reviving a gold fish ... and ... snoring
- Do you have separation anxiety when you leave your pets?
- Tapping on your own "chain of worry" before tapping on your pet's problem
- EFT for the healing of our pets
- EFT for a pet
Table of Contents Help
The tabs on the right are shortcuts to where you have been:
- Previous Screen
- Previous Articles
- Previous Categories
- Start Page
- Hide Entire Menu
Swiping to the left will take you to the previous screen.
The folder icon indicates that more content is available. Click on the icon or the associated text, or swipe to the right to see the additional content.
EFT calms down a "Spooking Horse"
Note: This is one of 3,000 articles written prior to the updated Gold Standard (Official) EFT Tapping Tutorial™. As a result, it is likely outdated. It provides practical uses for EFT Tapping but you should also explore our newest advancement, Optimal EFT, by reading our free e-book, The Unseen Therapist™, and/or get help from a Certified EFT Practitioner.
To be most effective in difficult cases, I have often said that we must "get ourselves out of the way" and let the healing work "THROUGH us rather than BY us." This allows us to work at our intuitive best and often provides insights not normally available. Laila del Monte is an "animal communicator" who makes her living operating on this principle with animals. Her article shows what is possible in this realm.
First, a note that I received from the horse's owner, K.O. in California
"Monet, my 12 year old horse would shy terribly at things no one else could see. Doctors said her eyes were fine. Monet trained with one of the top dressage trainers on the West Coast but no one could get through the shying. Then I found Laila. She told me it was a difficult case and would promise nothing. Laila has healed a mare [Monet] that was not fun to ride. Not only do I love to ride her now, we have a new and loving relationship."
When I was called for Monet I didn't have my hopes up. Her behavior was unpredictable. She would suddenly "spook" at things and behave in the weirdest fashion. This was dangerous for the person riding her and so the owners were ready to sell her.
When I did the communication with her I found that she was a highly sensitive and nervous horse. She was very special in a way because of her highly developed senses but it was difficult for her to conform to a "normal" horse life. She also felt lonely and disconnected although she was very well taken care of. She could actually perceive things that no one else could, I'll call them energies.
But she would also see things that weren't really there. Especially when she was out on the trail. And that would scare her senseless. This was real fear, not just a behavioral issue. I had been told that the vet had checked her eyes and she was fine. I actually looked out of her eyes and found nothing wrong, it was all a distorted sense of reality. It's as if the line between her higher perception and her imagination were blurred. She was deeply sad and unhappy too and felt not good enough.
Before I started working with her I asked her person not to ride her, to just walk with her and gently whisper in her ear. She needed to develop a connection. She was also expected to do a lot of things in competition which she was not ready to do. So I asked that she be given "time out" so she could relax and we could focus on our work together.
I started tapping. All this is done in communication form, imagining the points on the horse. We tapped on all the things she could have seen on the trail and how it made her feel:
Even though I see these shadows...
Even though something is going to get me...
Even though I see these shapes on my left side and I don't know what they are...
Even though this THING is sitting in the middle of the trail and I'm so scared and I have to stop...
Even though I feel very nervous when I'm out...and I have to keep darting my eyes to make sure "they" aren't coming out again...
This part actually went pretty fast. I was surprised to see how easily we got down to the 0.Then I tapped on the relationship with K and the pressure of what was expected from her.
Even though I would like to do what K wants but it's not good enough ...
Even though I don't want to jump the obstacles...
Even though I'm tired of being stuck in this box...
Even though I feel lonely and nobody loves me (this one took a lot of time to get through. There was a lot of sadness, anxiety bordering on depression in her heart).
Even though I would like to please K but I want to give up...
Even though I can't understand why everyone is angry with me...
Also we tapped her on knowing that they wanted to sell her:
Even though I feel sad and all alone...
We managed to bring it all down to 0. I never found out why she saw those "things" or what they were. Since then the relationship has come along nicely.
When you start the tapping you end up going to deeper layers and you find heavier emotions, many times deep sadness or dejection, especially with horses. Sometimes these things are hard to put in words, I just feel them in my heart very strongly so I tap the horse for "this feeling" or "this specific pain" I don't know where the 0 is. I just know when the heavy feeling dissipates. I did that many times with Monet.
EFT, in my experience, has worked better on horses then any other animal. However, I find that the respect towards this splendid Animal Being is often lacking. People forget that they are free souls who used to roam freely with the full emotional support of a herd. We forget that they need to be talked to and above all loved and that they are stuck in a stall all day coming out maybe only once a day to do some exercises just to please us!
Laila del Monte
FOR MORE EFT HELP ...
Explore our newest advancement, Optimal EFT™, by reading our free e-book, The Unseen Therapist™.