- EFT newcomer successfully uses EFT for her abused dog
- EFT for a snoring schnauzer
- Here is evidence that our pets' emotional issues and behaviors mirror ours--dog behavior changes
- Two success stories of EFT with dogs: A vacuum cleaner fear and an arthritic back
- Surrogate EFT brings peace to scared animals
- Abused dog is housebroken with the use of EFT
- EFT quieted a dog
- The sluggish beagle that suddenly turned frisky
- Did surrogate EFT for Mary's dog remove a lump?
- The mysterious vanishing growth on Marlene's dog
- The dog that used to chew everything
- Otto, the puppy had car sickness--but there was much more
- An amazing recovery for a tiny dog after a pit bull attack
- A dog's thunder anxiety fades with surrogate EFT
- Surrogate EFT for a sick dog
- Surrogate tapping on a dog cleared chronic ear infections
- Surrogate EFT restores ailing dog's appetite
- Surrogate EFT for an injured stray dog
- A miracle for a therapy dog with heart worm
- Successful Surrogate EFT for Bilbo the Dog
- EFT for a suffering dog, test anxiety, needle fear and death transitions
- Three cases using EFT for dogs: Two for fear and one for a swollen paw
- EFT newcomer assists with her dog's eye problem
- Did surrogate EFT help a cat accept a new dog into the household?
- How to creatively use EFT on a dog--in this case for toxic reactions
- EFT successfully handles a CAT-tastrophe!
- What my dying cat taught me about doing EFT on animals
- Surrogate EFT calms aggressive stray cat
- EFT for a scaredy cat
- EFT helps cat through surgery
- Calming down a very scared cat
- The cat who no longer has "accidents" when using her litter tray
- Rescuing Mellie the cat from death's door
- Successful EFT tapping - cats have needs too!
- Surrogate EFT helps two cats at a distance
- Bringing peace to a cringing kitten
- The cat who was allergic to his food
- Helping my cat Noodle to walk again
- Two first class uses of Surrogate EFT for Sarah Rushton's cat
- The cat who couldn't pee
- Success with a cat
- Using "mind pictures" for the Setup while doing EFT for Marva the horse
- EFT calms an injured horse and its handler
- The horse with many fears
- Impressive surrogate work for ex-champion horse
- EFT reversed the cause of a 7 year chronic uterine infection in our mare!
- Horse with panic attacks helped with EFT
- Tapping for a horse
- Surrogate EFT and Surrogate Muscle Testing resolve horse's bucking problem
- Some ideas about EFT for horses
- EFT calms down a "Spooking Horse"
- Successful surrogate EFT for a choking horse
- Surrogate tapping brings peace to my filly, Rose!
- Because I work with animals every day, I know you can
- Impressive EFT surrogate work helps horse with sensitive hoof and an electric fence
- Surrogate EFT removes a horse's limp
- Using EFT with animals for performance issues
- "Rainbow Bridge" tapping when you are grieving a lost pet
- "EFT helped save my Goldfish"
- Try EFT on Everything -- Even Fish!
- Two EFT cases: Reviving a gold fish ... and ... snoring
- Do you have separation anxiety when you leave your pets?
- Tapping on your own "chain of worry" before tapping on your pet's problem
- EFT for the healing of our pets
- EFT for a pet
- Stunning physical healing in a baby goat
- EFT for profound grief at losing a pet -- finding a core issue
Table of Contents Help
The tabs on the right are shortcuts to where you have been:
- Previous Screen
- Previous Articles
- Previous Categories
- Start Page
- Hide Entire Menu
Swiping to the left will take you to the previous screen.
The folder icon indicates that more content is available. Click on the icon or the associated text, or swipe to the right to see the additional content.
Using "mind pictures" for the Setup while doing EFT for Marva the horse
Important Note: This article was written prior to 2010 and is now outdated. Please use my newest advancement, Optimal EFT. It is more efficient, more powerful and clearly explained in my free e-book, The Unseen Therapist™. Best wishes, Gary
Angela Treat Lyon gives us this creative use of EFT with an agitated horse. Please note how the spine points were used (a useful alternative) and how mind pictures were used for the Setup. This has potential for use with non-verbal humans and for surrogate work.
Thought you'd be interested in this about my friend, "Peg," who has three horses.
Last year, a feral piglet appeared in Peg's pasture, and one of her horses, Marva, "adopted" it - taking it under hoof and seeing that it was protected from anyone - including the other horses.
Peg came to visit me for the 4th of July weekend. During our time together, I taught her how to use EFT for the persistent feelings of anxiety she experienced.
On Sunday, she said, "I better go home - I want to protect my horses in case someone gets the bright idea to light firecrackers near my pasture." Go home she did - to a disaster - Piggie was gone! She looked all over for it, but no piggie.
Peg tapped and tapped about fearing the worst, and how sad she was about her boarlet disappearing. She told me she had never been able to calm down so fast or so completely, and was oohing and ahhing about EFT.
The next morning, Peg noticed that Marva was very agitated, and kept returning to, and pawing on, one particular spot over by the neighbor's side of the fence (the other 3 sides go to the road and gov property). The alpha horse, upon seeing Marva do this, went over to herd her away from the spot, but Marva immediately veered and went back again.
Peg went over to the spot, and sure enough, there were Piggie's tracks and some scuffle marks.
I had told Peg it was possible to tap for horses, so she decided to tap on Marva. Peg is a horse doc, and was very open to using EFT on them. I also suggested that she try what my acupuncturist and I were working on - tapping right next to the spine, and then the meridians about an inch or two out from the spine that connect to different sets of organs.
Peg told me she really didn't have words for a setup - she felt re-devastated about Piggie being gone, and couldn't think of anything to say.
So she made pictures in her mind of her horse being calm and peaceful, and of forgetting about being worried about Piggie. She cried and hummed as she tapped. Marva calmed down immediately. Peg continued tapping on the horse's face, shoulders, and down her spine. Within minutes, the horse was completely calmed, pushing her head into Peg's chest, her "I'm OK and I love you, Mom" spot.
When Peg released her, she bent her front legs and laid down, then proceeded to roll in the dirt. She was no longer interested in the scuffle spot.
Peg also tapped on the other horses, esp the alpha male, who was still worried if Marva was OK, hovering over her and nudging her. Neither he nor the other horse needed extensive treatment. They are all fine still.
Cool, eh? That Peg could learn basic EFT - only doing some basic rounds with me - then turn around and not only use it for herself, but on the horses! How I love this!
FOR MORE EFT HELP ...
Explore our newest advancement, Optimal EFT™, by reading my free e-book, The Unseen Therapist™. More efficient. More powerful.