- Surrogate EFT brings peace to scared animals
- Abused dog is housebroken with the use of EFT
- Two success stories of EFT with dogs: A vacuum cleaner fear and an arthritic back
- Did surrogate EFT for Mary's dog remove a lump?
- EFT quieted a dog
- The sluggish beagle that suddenly turned frisky
- An amazing recovery for a tiny dog after a pit bull attack
- The mysterious vanishing growth on Marlene's dog
- The dog that used to chew everything
- Otto, the puppy had car sickness--but there was much more
- Surrogate tapping on a dog cleared chronic ear infections
- A dog's thunder anxiety fades with surrogate EFT
- Surrogate EFT for a sick dog
- A miracle for a therapy dog with heart worm
- Surrogate EFT restores ailing dog's appetite
- Surrogate EFT for an injured stray dog
- Three cases using EFT for dogs: Two for fear and one for a swollen paw
- Successful Surrogate EFT for Bilbo the Dog
- EFT for a suffering dog, test anxiety, needle fear and death transitions
- Did surrogate EFT help a cat accept a new dog into the household?
- How to creatively use EFT on a dog--in this case for toxic reactions
- EFT newcomer assists with her dog's eye problem
- EFT for a snoring schnauzer
- Here is evidence that our pets' emotional issues and behaviors mirror ours--dog behavior changes
- EFT newcomer successfully uses EFT for her abused dog
- Surrogate EFT calms aggressive stray cat
- EFT for a scaredy cat
- EFT helps cat through surgery
- Calming down a very scared cat
- The cat who no longer has "accidents" when using her litter tray
- Rescuing Mellie the cat from death's door
- Successful EFT tapping - cats have needs too!
- Surrogate EFT helps two cats at a distance
- Bringing peace to a cringing kitten
- The cat who was allergic to his food
- Helping my cat Noodle to walk again
- Two first class uses of Surrogate EFT for Sarah Rushton's cat
- The cat who couldn't pee
- Success with a cat
- EFT successfully handles a CAT-tastrophe!
- What my dying cat taught me about doing EFT on animals
- Impressive surrogate work for ex-champion horse
- The horse with many fears
- Horse with panic attacks helped with EFT
- EFT reversed the cause of a 7 year chronic uterine infection in our mare!
- Surrogate EFT and Surrogate Muscle Testing resolve horse's bucking problem
- Tapping for a horse
- Some ideas about EFT for horses
- Successful surrogate EFT for a choking horse
- EFT calms down a "Spooking Horse"
- Surrogate tapping brings peace to my filly, Rose!
- Because I work with animals every day, I know you can
- Impressive EFT surrogate work helps horse with sensitive hoof and an electric fence
- Surrogate EFT removes a horse's limp
- Using "mind pictures" for the Setup while doing EFT for Marva the horse
- EFT calms an injured horse and its handler
- "EFT helped save my Goldfish"
- Try EFT on Everything -- Even Fish!
- Two EFT cases: Reviving a gold fish ... and ... snoring
- Do you have separation anxiety when you leave your pets?
- Tapping on your own "chain of worry" before tapping on your pet's problem
- EFT for the healing of our pets
- EFT for a pet
- Stunning physical healing in a baby goat
- EFT for profound grief at losing a pet -- finding a core issue
- Using EFT with animals for performance issues
- "Rainbow Bridge" tapping when you are grieving a lost pet
Table of Contents Help
The tabs on the right are shortcuts to where you have been:
- Previous Screen
- Previous Articles
- Previous Categories
- Start Page
- Hide Entire Menu
Swiping to the left will take you to the previous screen.
The folder icon indicates that more content is available. Click on the icon or the associated text, or swipe to the right to see the additional content.
Note: This is one of 3,000 articles written prior to the updated Gold Standard (Official) EFT Tapping Tutorial™. As a result, it is likely outdated. It provides practical uses for EFT Tapping but you should also explore our newest advancement, Optimal EFT, by reading our free e-book, The Unseen Therapist™, and/or get help from a Certified EFT Practitioner.
Note: This article assumes you have a working knowledge of EFT. Newcomers can still learn from it but are advised to peruse our Free Gold Standard (Official) EFT Tutorial™ for a more complete understanding.
You will enjoy this "cat article" by Maureen Cram from South Africa. Note how she eventually tunes in to her cat and perceives an important emotional issue.
Some readers will already have heard of my ginger cat, Uti. For those that have not read about him before, he was purchased from a pet shop at a far too early age, not house trained at all, had no hygiene skills etc. He had no idea how to dig holes to use for his toilet purposes (and still doesn't really know what to do) and makes very loud slurps when he washes himself.
I have worked on him for his fear of thunder, his inability to eat premium cat food (he used to have permanent diarrhea) and his basic self confidence - all with success using EFT.
We have recently moved from a townhouse complex in the Johannesburg area (city living) to a much larger piece of land (just under two acres) in a development in Hartbeespoort, which has a large dam/lake. It is a bush-like area with game roaming around freely and you cannot easily see your neighbour's houses.
In the past Uti would be extremely cautious when leaving the house, checking for who knows what (I am sure Uti knew what he was checking for) and generally not being venturesome at all.
When we moved here he appeared to have a personality makeover. Within hours he became Action Cat. He was the first one to use the cat flap in and out (he had not had to use a cat flap before). He explored the land, the other side of the road, down the road, under the culvert. he was Out There, showing my other five cats how it was done.
He was so proud of himself - being a trail blazer, doing things the others wouldn't or couldn't do. What a change for him! Then tragedy struck.
Our cat door has different settings and unbeknownst to me the person who does our house cleaning inadvertently moved the setting key when she was cleaning the mud off the cat flap and in doing so stopped the cats from being able to get in from the outside (they wear magnets on their collars). We have a 'racoon proof' door to keep out the monkeys.
At 3 am we heard screaming and wailing and rushed to see what was going on.
We had to find the key to open the door and let in poor Uti who rushed in, bleeding profusely, panting and in total shock. Something had bitten him that was small enough to come through the cat sized hole in the wall and he was unable to push open the flap and escape.
We examined him and found a large bite mark on one of his back feet. I put a drop of lavender essential oil on it and we put Uti on the bed to calm him down.
I immediately lay there and did surrogate EFT for Uti on and off throughout the rest of the night to help heal the bite, allowing healing energy to enter his body and help heal his wound etc. I also did EFT on me for the guilt I felt that this trusting cat could not get in through the door and I should have checked the door more than I did.
The next day he lay on the bed, licking his wound and basically doing nothing. He limped badly if I put him on the floor and he hid behind some packing boxes for the rest of the day. That night he lay on our bed right next to me and did not move off the bed at all. I did more EFT on him for healing the wound, that he was a brave cat, etc.
He continued to lie around and lick the wound and not do much else. That night he was on the bed again next to me for the whole night.
The following day I was out walking and wondering what else I could do for Uti when this big cloud of sadness came over me and I got tears in my eyes.
He was a failure. he was depressed because he had 'failed' yet again.
Everything he did was a failure. he couldn't dig holes, couldn't wash himself properly, slurped when he washed himself. and now this. He was a total failure now he had gotten bitten. None of the other cats had gotten bitten. Only Uti the Failure.
I did several rounds of EFT on him, working on Even though I feel like a failure I am a great cat. Even though I got bitten I am a trail blazing action cat. Even though I failed again I didn't really fail as I now have a 'war wound' to show for myself and I am still a great cat.
I tapped on myself saying I am an action cat. I have war wounds to show for my bravery. I am a great cat. the other cats didn't go outside like I did. I am a trail blazing cat. I am Uti the Action Cat. I can be a day Action Cat - I don't have to go out at night if I don't want to … nobody goes out at night … and felt a huge sigh.
I came back home and found Uti and stroked him and told him he was still our Action Cat. He was the bravest cat we had. About an hour later I was working at my PC when I felt a cat brushing and bumping around my legs to say hello. I absent-mindedly patted the cat and then realised it was Uti! No limping! Purring around me as usual!
I stopped work and petted him and hugged him and told him what a fantastic Action Cat he was. He seemed very happy and he ate some biscuits without limping. Then he hopped up on a chair and went to sleep in a normal position, not all hunched up.
He has gone from strength to strength. no more limping. swelling in his foot totally gone (also his front foot was swollen and that has gone down and is healing nicely) and he is now running about like he used to. Today I saw him across the road again with two of the other cats following him!
So once again, a big thank you to EFT - no vet visit, no drugs pumped into his system, emotionally healed as well as physically healed. Uti the Action Cat takes a bow!
FOR MORE EFT HELP ...
Explore our newest advancement, Optimal EFT™, by reading our free e-book, The Unseen Therapist™.