- EFT newcomer successfully uses EFT for her abused dog
- EFT for a snoring schnauzer
- Here is evidence that our pets' emotional issues and behaviors mirror ours--dog behavior changes
- Two success stories of EFT with dogs: A vacuum cleaner fear and an arthritic back
- Surrogate EFT brings peace to scared animals
- Abused dog is housebroken with the use of EFT
- The sluggish beagle that suddenly turned frisky
- Did surrogate EFT for Mary's dog remove a lump?
- EFT quieted a dog
- The dog that used to chew everything
- Otto, the puppy had car sickness--but there was much more
- An amazing recovery for a tiny dog after a pit bull attack
- The mysterious vanishing growth on Marlene's dog
- A dog's thunder anxiety fades with surrogate EFT
- Surrogate EFT for a sick dog
- Surrogate tapping on a dog cleared chronic ear infections
- Surrogate EFT restores ailing dog's appetite
- Surrogate EFT for an injured stray dog
- A miracle for a therapy dog with heart worm
- Successful Surrogate EFT for Bilbo the Dog
- EFT for a suffering dog, test anxiety, needle fear and death transitions
- Three cases using EFT for dogs: Two for fear and one for a swollen paw
- EFT newcomer assists with her dog's eye problem
- Did surrogate EFT help a cat accept a new dog into the household?
- How to creatively use EFT on a dog--in this case for toxic reactions
- What my dying cat taught me about doing EFT on animals
- EFT successfully handles a CAT-tastrophe!
- EFT for a scaredy cat
- Surrogate EFT calms aggressive stray cat
- EFT helps cat through surgery
- Calming down a very scared cat
- The cat who no longer has "accidents" when using her litter tray
- Successful EFT tapping - cats have needs too!
- Surrogate EFT helps two cats at a distance
- Rescuing Mellie the cat from death's door
- The cat who was allergic to his food
- Bringing peace to a cringing kitten
- Two first class uses of Surrogate EFT for Sarah Rushton's cat
- Helping my cat Noodle to walk again
- Success with a cat
- The cat who couldn't pee
- Using "mind pictures" for the Setup while doing EFT for Marva the horse
- EFT calms an injured horse and its handler
- Impressive surrogate work for ex-champion horse
- The horse with many fears
- Horse with panic attacks helped with EFT
- EFT reversed the cause of a 7 year chronic uterine infection in our mare!
- Surrogate EFT and Surrogate Muscle Testing resolve horse's bucking problem
- Tapping for a horse
- Some ideas about EFT for horses
- EFT calms down a "Spooking Horse"
- Successful surrogate EFT for a choking horse
- Surrogate tapping brings peace to my filly, Rose!
- Because I work with animals every day, I know you can
- Impressive EFT surrogate work helps horse with sensitive hoof and an electric fence
- Surrogate EFT removes a horse's limp
- "Rainbow Bridge" tapping when you are grieving a lost pet
- Using EFT with animals for performance issues
- Try EFT on Everything -- Even Fish!
- "EFT helped save my Goldfish"
- Two EFT cases: Reviving a gold fish ... and ... snoring
- Do you have separation anxiety when you leave your pets?
- Tapping on your own "chain of worry" before tapping on your pet's problem
- EFT for the healing of our pets
- EFT for a pet
- Stunning physical healing in a baby goat
- EFT for profound grief at losing a pet -- finding a core issue
Table of Contents Help
The tabs on the right are shortcuts to where you have been:
- Previous Screen
- Previous Articles
- Previous Categories
- Start Page
- Hide Entire Menu
Swiping to the left will take you to the previous screen.
The folder icon indicates that more content is available. Click on the icon or the associated text, or swipe to the right to see the additional content.
How to creatively use EFT on a dog--in this case for toxic reactions
Note: This is one of 3,000 articles written prior to the updated Gold Standard (Official) EFT Tapping Tutorial™. As a result, it is likely outdated. It provides practical uses for EFT Tapping but you should also explore our newest advancement, Optimal EFT, by reading our free e-book, The Unseen Therapist™, and/or get help from a Certified EFT Practitioner.
Newcomers to EFT often ask, "Hey, how do I use EFT for animals?" Cathleen Campbell gives us her procedure for doing so in her well written article. Please note her list of 4 EFT features near the end. They serve as good perspective for us all.
Dear Gary –
Having written you about my own anaphylactic shock experience with fertilizer, I now submit another story about that same fertilizer but on a different family member: Honey the dog.
Honey’s always had “allergies”, and was even diagnosed at a very young age with canine epilepsy. A pit bull mix, she’s truly a sweet-natured dog; both shy and gentle. While irritated, red skin and hives are a fairly regular event for her. She never complains though she’s apt to scratch and chew herself quite a bit.
The day following my own horrific reaction to the fertilizer I had a moment of clarity, no doubt brought on by all of the EFT clearing the day before. Our beloved dog's severe hives and irritated skin was not just her usual allergy, she was in fact suffering from the same toxic reaction I'd had in acute form the afternoon before!
Since it was winter, Honey's the only one to have her bare skin exposed to the lawn - other than myself for that brief nap in the sun the afternoon before. Everyone else had been wearing shoes whenever walking the lawn, which explains why we were the only two to have a toxic reaction. Armed with this intuitive insight, and the success of my EFT work the night before, I decided to get to work on Honey.
I called Honey over to me and asked her to lie down while I tapped on both the center of her head and chest. Almost immediately she released a deep sigh and lay down completely, fully stretched out on her side. The way she completely released was a clear sign that tension was leaving her body and she was accepting the aid of the EFT work.
I continued to tap along her spine and in combination with her head and chest, all the while repeating some of the very same set-up phrases used for myself the day before, including:
- these painful hives
- this burning skin
- these horrible cramps
As I tapped, more realizations came over me and I now realized the seizures and vomiting she’d begun experiencing the last few weeks were not due to the epilepsy – which had not been a real issue for quite some time. It wasn't until I began tapping that I realized she had exhibited all the same symptoms I had, just spread out over a few weeks. So I continued with even more vigor:
- this sick feeling in my stomach
- this toxic reaction to the fertilizer and herbicides
- these seizures
The entire session took about 20 minutes during which she was increasingly calmer and more relaxed. Upon conclusion she got up, tail wagging, and beckoned toward the patio door. That walk was quite revealing!
Just as my own body had finally expelled toxins the night before after some serious EFT tapping, poor little Honey ... well, she had her own expelling session. She relieved herself several times, with the production being copious and including quite a bit of mucus, not at all "normal" production for her.
We all noted that Honey’s eyes were clearer that evening, and she resumed normal dog activities. Her scratching and biting subsided and she remained calmer for the remainder of the holidays. Clearly, that poor dog was having a toxic reaction just as I had the afternoon before. Though her symptoms were not as overwhelmingly severe as mine were, we now realize that she was in fact exhibiting all of the same symptoms.
Most important to note is that it has now been 6 weeks since Honey has had a seizure or vomited! This case is a clear documentation of everything we know about EFT:
- EFT worked where other methods had failed. Over the previous weeks, Honey had been given her epilepsy medicine and some creams to help heal her skin, but they had not had any impact.
- It does not rely on intellectual understanding. Honey’s smart but she was not cognitively involved in our session!
- EFT clearly works effectively on its own. It was the only modality used in this case, no drugs or other interventions were given!
- Since I knew the exact issue, using EFT I was able to systematically and efficiently clear each aspect of the problem until TOTAL relief was achieved!
Without the intervention of EFT, we’ll never know ... but we may not have survived this toxic reaction.
We’re both truly grateful, and of course our family is grateful that two of their beloved members can still wag our respective tails!
In Living Harmony,
FOR MORE EFT HELP ...
Explore our newest advancement, Optimal EFT™, by reading our free e-book, The Unseen Therapist™.