- Three cases using EFT for dogs: Two for fear and one for a swollen paw
- Successful Surrogate EFT for Bilbo the Dog
- EFT for a suffering dog, test anxiety, needle fear and death transitions
- How to creatively use EFT on a dog--in this case for toxic reactions
- EFT newcomer assists with her dog's eye problem
- Did surrogate EFT help a cat accept a new dog into the household?
- Here is evidence that our pets' emotional issues and behaviors mirror ours--dog behavior changes
- EFT newcomer successfully uses EFT for her abused dog
- EFT for a snoring schnauzer
- Abused dog is housebroken with the use of EFT
- Two success stories of EFT with dogs: A vacuum cleaner fear and an arthritic back
- Surrogate EFT brings peace to scared animals
- EFT quieted a dog
- The sluggish beagle that suddenly turned frisky
- Did surrogate EFT for Mary's dog remove a lump?
- The mysterious vanishing growth on Marlene's dog
- The dog that used to chew everything
- Otto, the puppy had car sickness--but there was much more
- An amazing recovery for a tiny dog after a pit bull attack
- Surrogate tapping on a dog cleared chronic ear infections
- A dog's thunder anxiety fades with surrogate EFT
- Surrogate EFT for a sick dog
- A miracle for a therapy dog with heart worm
- Surrogate EFT restores ailing dog's appetite
- Surrogate EFT for an injured stray dog
- Helping my cat Noodle to walk again
- Two first class uses of Surrogate EFT for Sarah Rushton's cat
- The cat who couldn't pee
- Success with a cat
- EFT successfully handles a CAT-tastrophe!
- What my dying cat taught me about doing EFT on animals
- Surrogate EFT calms aggressive stray cat
- EFT for a scaredy cat
- EFT helps cat through surgery
- Calming down a very scared cat
- The cat who no longer has "accidents" when using her litter tray
- Rescuing Mellie the cat from death's door
- Successful EFT tapping - cats have needs too!
- Surrogate EFT helps two cats at a distance
- Bringing peace to a cringing kitten
- The cat who was allergic to his food
- Because I work with animals every day, I know you can
- Surrogate tapping brings peace to my filly, Rose!
- Surrogate EFT removes a horse's limp
- Impressive EFT surrogate work helps horse with sensitive hoof and an electric fence
- EFT calms an injured horse and its handler
- Using "mind pictures" for the Setup while doing EFT for Marva the horse
- The horse with many fears
- Impressive surrogate work for ex-champion horse
- EFT reversed the cause of a 7 year chronic uterine infection in our mare!
- Horse with panic attacks helped with EFT
- Tapping for a horse
- Surrogate EFT and Surrogate Muscle Testing resolve horse's bucking problem
- Some ideas about EFT for horses
- Successful surrogate EFT for a choking horse
- EFT calms down a "Spooking Horse"
- Stunning physical healing in a baby goat
- EFT for profound grief at losing a pet -- finding a core issue
- Using EFT with animals for performance issues
- "Rainbow Bridge" tapping when you are grieving a lost pet
- "EFT helped save my Goldfish"
- Try EFT on Everything -- Even Fish!
- Two EFT cases: Reviving a gold fish ... and ... snoring
- Do you have separation anxiety when you leave your pets?
- Tapping on your own "chain of worry" before tapping on your pet's problem
- EFT for the healing of our pets
- EFT for a pet
Table of Contents Help
The tabs on the right are shortcuts to where you have been:
- Previous Screen
- Previous Articles
- Previous Categories
- Start Page
- Hide Entire Menu
Swiping to the left will take you to the previous screen.
The folder icon indicates that more content is available. Click on the icon or the associated text, or swipe to the right to see the additional content.
Here is evidence that our pets' emotional issues and behaviors mirror ours--dog behavior changes
Note: This is one of 3,000 articles written prior to the updated Gold Standard (Official) EFT Tapping Tutorial™. As a result, it is likely outdated. It provides practical uses for EFT Tapping but you should also explore our newest advancement, Optimal EFT, by reading our free e-book, The Unseen Therapist™, and/or get help from a Certified EFT Practitioner.
Joanne Clodfelter uses EFT to change the behavior of her friend's dog after tapping the dog for her friend's concerns.
My friend Anita had houseguests all weekend. While her friends were visiting, her dog, Mika, started to lick her right haunch. Over the course of the weekend, Mika developed a fist-sized, gaping wound that she had given to herself from the non-stop licking. Anita had taken the dog to the vet who had prescribed steroids, and a cone to wear around the neck. The steroids weren't helping.
I offered to go over to Anita's house and try EFT on her dog. I had read in the EFT newsletter that about 80% of animal issues are our own issues that they absorb from us. This is because we live in such close proximity with our pets.
Several years ago Mika had bitten a toddler, and the little girl required plastic surgery. The girl had been screaming at Mika, and Mika responded by biting her in the face.
When Anita's houseguests were visiting, the male guest was a fan of the Dog Whisperer, and was trying some of those techniques on Mika. This made Anita nervous. I asked Anita what HER emotions were while she had the houseguests. She replied that she was afraid that Mika was going to bite the male houseguest when he was trying the dog whisperer techniques.
I realized that Mika had picked up on Anita's fears, and was showing Anita that she wasn't going to bite anyone except herself … thus the self-inflicted wound. So we did the problem statement on the left side. We tapped on ourselves saying, Even though Mommy Anita is afraid that I was going to bite her guest…
After doing the problem on the left side, we tapped a positive on our right sides. I, Mika, am a GOOD dog. I only display behaviors that are pleasing to Mommy Anita.
During this time, Mika was lying on the floor between us and appeared to be sleeping. After we tapped, Anita removed the cone. While we were in her living room, the mail carrier placed the mail in the mailbox on her front porch. Mika continued to snooze. Anita said that was the first time she could recall that her dog had not barked when the mail carrier came up on the porch. Anita never had to put the cone back on. Mika never licked the wound again, and it healed in about a week.
FOR MORE EFT HELP ...
Explore our newest advancement, Optimal EFT™, by reading our free e-book, The Unseen Therapist™.