- Official EFT Tutorial
- Before You Begin
- PART I For Everyone: The EFT Tapping Basics
- Using EFT Tapping For Yourself
- Using EFT Tapping Professionally
- What is EFT? - Theory, Science and Uses
- How to do the EFT Tapping Basics - The Basic Recipe
- The EFT Constricted Breathing Technique
- Are You Satisfied With 20% of EFT's Tapping Possibilities?
- Strategies for Getting Started: Pain, Personal Peace, Physical Disease and More
- The Pros and Perils of EFT Tapping Scripts
- What can I expect from EFT Tapping?
- PART II For Everyone: Getting to the Roots of Your EFT Issues
- Intro to Part II
- Finding Aspects within the EFT Tapping Process
- Intro to Being Specific With EFT Tapping
- Testing Your EFT Tapping Work - The Triad
- Uncovering Specific Events - An Essential Concept Within the EFT Tapping Process
- The EFT Tell the Story Technique - The Workhorse Tapping Method
- What Should I Say During the EFT Tapping Process?
- The EFT Generalization Effect - A Big Step Toward Tapping Efficiency
- The EFT Personal Peace Procedure
- When to Use Global Approaches in the EFT Tapping Process
- The EFT Tapping Success Strategy
- PART III - Advanced: Additional Tapping Tools & Refinements
- Intro to Part III
- The EFT Movie Technique - A Useful Tapping Tool
- The EFT Tearless Trauma Technique
- Chasing the Pain - Deeper EFT Relief
- Cognitive Shifts - Belief Changes Within EFT
- Common EFT Challenges
- Emphasizing the Words - More Tapping Power When Needed
- Advanced Testing Techniques
- Testing The Tabletop
- Before You Move On To Deeper EFT Tapping Work...
- PART IV - Advanced: Tapping Deeper Into Emotional Issues
- PART V - Advanced: Polishing the Process & Expanding the Language
- EFT Bonus Articles
Table of Contents Help
The tabs on the right are shortcuts to where you have been:
- Previous Screen
- Previous Articles
- Previous Categories
- Start Page
- Hide Entire Menu
Swiping to the left will take you to the previous screen.
The folder icon indicates that more content is available. Click on the icon or the associated text, or swipe to the right to see the additional content.
Official EFT Tutorial
PART V - Advanced: Polishing the Process & Expanding the Language
Using Intuition In the EFT Tapping Process
For many years, therapists have observed me working on stage with clients and remarked, "Gee, I wish I had your intuition. It would open vastly more doors if I did."
I find this strange because, at the core, my intuition isn't any better or worse than anyone else's. We all come from the same Source and thus the "cosmic guidance pool" is available to all of us. The difficulty in "using intuition" isn't whether or not you have it. Rather, it is in distinguishing between true guidance and the incessant chatter that goes on in our heads. It's as though we are listening to a discordant chorus and trying to pick out the pure voices.
There are many ways to develop trust in our intuition and pick out those voices. Below is a detailed video wherein I conduct an open discussion on these topics with three EFT'ers that have developed solid skills in this area. It will give you many ways to develop the extraordinary benefits of intuition.
For more perspective, below is a video wherein I introduce this topic to a large audience.
Eventually, there are parts of the EFT process during which your intuitive guidance can step in and adjust your direction or provide some help, but people have misinterpreted that to mean “produce the right words and the magic will happen.”
On the contrary, intuitive guidance needs a proper frame of reference in order to be effective. In EFT, that frame of reference is a solid experience with the EFT mechanical skills.
For example, imagine that a veterinarian is trying to help a sick dog. He could do some testing or x-rays to rule out the possibilities one by one, or he could develop some intuitive skills and use them for additional guidance. Given that option, the vet would not sit in his office, ask for the right answer to be intuitively delivered, and then present it to the dog’s owner without conducting an examination. He would begin by using his mechanical training to work with the issue, examine the dog, ask a variety of questions, and in many cases, that is when the intuitive guidance can be most helpful.
Similarly with EFT, you will need to conduct every session with your mechanical skills and learn to include intuitive guidance as a part of that process. Also, although it may appear that my intuitive skills come easy in our Art of Delivery videos, please know that I spent years developing the EFT mechanics, and then still more years developing my intuition. These skills are open to us all, but it takes diligence and time to develop them.
Your intuition can show up in many forms. Sometimes it will open a completely new door for you but, usually, it will use what you have already accomplished with your client, and suggest that you “make this one adjustment” or “try this word instead.” Once you have done that, you may get another piece, but generally, you will never get the whole picture at once. It takes courage and skill to apply one piece of guidance at a time and see where it takes you. However, if you are simply listening to your client, asking good questions, and gaining an experience of what they describe, you can repeat their words back to them as Setup or reminder phrases, and you’re already connected enough to produce fantastic results.
One word of caution: Depending on the circumstance, the Writing on your own Walls can be mistaken for intuitive guidance because it feels so completely true to you. If you confuse your own human “truth” with divine guidance, you are only injecting your own stuff into someone else’s process. So ... do your own work, address your own issues, and be modest about your intuition until you can make a clear distinction between that and your own internal opinions or advice.
What’s the moral of this story? Learn how to get the “right words” from the interaction with your client. Develop your detective skills, your communication skills and your experience with emotional issues. Then find the specifics behind the issues, and follow your intuition from there.
Copyright Gary and Tina Craig
All Rights Reserved