- Official EFT Tutorial
- Before You Begin
- PART I For Everyone: The EFT Tapping Basics
- Using EFT Tapping For Yourself
- Using EFT Tapping Professionally
- What is EFT? - Theory, Science and Uses
- How to do the EFT Tapping Basics - The Basic Recipe
- The EFT Constricted Breathing Technique
- Are You Satisfied With 20% of EFT's Tapping Possibilities?
- Strategies for Getting Started: Pain, Personal Peace, Physical Disease and More
- The Pros and Perils of EFT Tapping Scripts
- What can I expect from EFT Tapping?
- PART II For Everyone: Getting to the Roots of Your EFT Issues
- Intro to Part II
- Finding Aspects within the EFT Tapping Process
- Intro to Being Specific With EFT Tapping
- Testing Your EFT Tapping Work - The Triad
- Uncovering Specific Events - An Essential Concept Within the EFT Tapping Process
- The EFT Tell the Story Technique - The Workhorse Tapping Method
- What Should I Say During the EFT Tapping Process?
- The EFT Generalization Effect - A Big Step Toward Tapping Efficiency
- The EFT Personal Peace Procedure
- When to Use Global Approaches in the EFT Tapping Process
- The EFT Tapping Success Strategy
- PART III - Advanced: Additional Tapping Tools & Refinements
- Intro to Part III
- The EFT Movie Technique - A Useful Tapping Tool
- The EFT Tearless Trauma Technique
- Chasing the Pain - Deeper EFT Relief
- Cognitive Shifts - Belief Changes Within EFT
- Common EFT Challenges
- Emphasizing the Words - More Tapping Power When Needed
- Advanced Testing Techniques
- Testing The Tabletop
- Before You Move On To Deeper EFT Tapping Work...
- PART IV - Advanced: Tapping Deeper Into Emotional Issues
- PART V - Advanced: Polishing the Process & Expanding the Language
- EFT Bonus Articles
Table of Contents Help
The tabs on the right are shortcuts to where you have been:
- Previous Screen
- Previous Articles
- Previous Categories
- Start Page
- Hide Entire Menu
Swiping to the left will take you to the previous screen.
The folder icon indicates that more content is available. Click on the icon or the associated text, or swipe to the right to see the additional content.
Official EFT Tutorial
PART V - Advanced: Polishing the Process & Expanding the Language
You are now ready to learn all the creative language tools that I demonstrate in my Art of Delivery videos and other advanced videos on this website. For many years, my use of creative language was misinterpreted (not taught well enough) in the EFT Community, so this is my opportunity to break it down into parts that are easy to learn.
Through the years, I have received many requests from EFTers who want to know “What do I say” when applying EFT. Examples:
- “I’m trying to fix my relationship issue ... what words do I use in my Setup?”
- “I have trouble losing weight. What do I say to address that with EFT?”
- “I can’t get EFT to work on my insomnia ... can you tell me what words to use?
This question is based on a misunderstanding that fancy language is the secret to success with EFT. Once I started demonstrating more creative language in my sessions, people got the impression that finding the “right words” is how you get miraculous results. Once that became the focus, more important concepts like testing and being specific seemed to fall by the wayside in many EFT practices.
Many of the EFT variations you will see online and in other training programs are attempts to “improve” the language, and as a result, the misunderstanding has been perpetuated.
However, if you have learned the lessons to this point in the Tutorial, you might be saying, "Who needs better language? EFT works fine for me.”
Indeed, I have experimented with Setup language and I have found some approaches that stray pretty far from, “Even though I have this ____________” . The reason I continue to use these language tools is that, in my experience, long term results do come faster with more effective language and the process can be more exciting and fluid for both you and your clients.
As you can see from the illustration in the upper right portion of this article, this expanded language accounts for about 10% of EFT’s potential ... not the 80% or 100% that others have assumed. In reality, it is your focus on specifics, your testing methods and your navigation through complex issues that accounts for the majority of EFT results. In other words...
Don’t focus on “What words do I say?”
Instead, shift your focus to “What am I tapping on?”
By identifying the specific disruption you are about to target, the words will be obvious. But once you learn these additional tools for expanding your language, you can collapse issues faster and more completely.
In this Part V, please explore in detail the first four articles on:
- Customizing your setup phrases
- Using positive phrases with EFT
Study these sections well and integrate them one by one into your sessions. You will find that the skills you develop in Customizing your Setup Phrases will be the perfect foundation for adding Reframes, which will in turn provide a foundation for Using Intuition. Once those are all second nature to you, you can move on to Rambling, which is an opportunity to develop you own Art of Delivery.
Once you develop a Rambling style that incorporates all of the language tools, yet still accomplishes all the important goals of Official EFT, that’s when the lid comes off. Routine sessions become dynamic adventures that stimulate and motivate both you and your clients. If we portray the EFT you have learned in Parts I through III as the Cadillac of EFT, then mastering Part IV moves you into the Ferrari.
We round this Part V off with instructions on using EFT for Serious Diseases. Believe it or not, cases like this will present a whole new challenge for every skill you have learned because they often come with the most complex emotional issues. Getting consistent results with Serious Diseases represents the highest level of skill with EFT and, in my opinion, is destined to transform the medical approach.
Copyright Gary and Tina Craig<
All Rights Reserved