- Did surrogate EFT help a cat accept a new dog into the household?
- How to creatively use EFT on a dog--in this case for toxic reactions
- EFT newcomer assists with her dog's eye problem
- EFT for a snoring schnauzer
- Here is evidence that our pets' emotional issues and behaviors mirror ours--dog behavior changes
- EFT newcomer successfully uses EFT for her abused dog
- Surrogate EFT brings peace to scared animals
- Abused dog is housebroken with the use of EFT
- Two success stories of EFT with dogs: A vacuum cleaner fear and an arthritic back
- Did surrogate EFT for Mary's dog remove a lump?
- EFT quieted a dog
- The sluggish beagle that suddenly turned frisky
- An amazing recovery for a tiny dog after a pit bull attack
- The mysterious vanishing growth on Marlene's dog
- The dog that used to chew everything
- Otto, the puppy had car sickness--but there was much more
- Surrogate tapping on a dog cleared chronic ear infections
- A dog's thunder anxiety fades with surrogate EFT
- Surrogate EFT for a sick dog
- A miracle for a therapy dog with heart worm
- Surrogate EFT restores ailing dog's appetite
- Surrogate EFT for an injured stray dog
- Three cases using EFT for dogs: Two for fear and one for a swollen paw
- Successful Surrogate EFT for Bilbo the Dog
- EFT for a suffering dog, test anxiety, needle fear and death transitions
- The cat who couldn't pee
- Success with a cat
- EFT successfully handles a CAT-tastrophe!
- What my dying cat taught me about doing EFT on animals
- Surrogate EFT calms aggressive stray cat
- EFT for a scaredy cat
- EFT helps cat through surgery
- Calming down a very scared cat
- The cat who no longer has "accidents" when using her litter tray
- Rescuing Mellie the cat from death's door
- Successful EFT tapping - cats have needs too!
- Surrogate EFT helps two cats at a distance
- Bringing peace to a cringing kitten
- The cat who was allergic to his food
- Helping my cat Noodle to walk again
- Two first class uses of Surrogate EFT for Sarah Rushton's cat
- Impressive EFT surrogate work helps horse with sensitive hoof and an electric fence
- Surrogate EFT removes a horse's limp
- Using "mind pictures" for the Setup while doing EFT for Marva the horse
- EFT calms an injured horse and its handler
- Impressive surrogate work for ex-champion horse
- The horse with many fears
- Horse with panic attacks helped with EFT
- EFT reversed the cause of a 7 year chronic uterine infection in our mare!
- Surrogate EFT and Surrogate Muscle Testing resolve horse's bucking problem
- Tapping for a horse
- Some ideas about EFT for horses
- Successful surrogate EFT for a choking horse
- EFT calms down a "Spooking Horse"
- Because I work with animals every day, I know you can
- Surrogate tapping brings peace to my filly, Rose!
- EFT for profound grief at losing a pet -- finding a core issue
- Using EFT with animals for performance issues
- "Rainbow Bridge" tapping when you are grieving a lost pet
- "EFT helped save my Goldfish"
- Try EFT on Everything -- Even Fish!
- Two EFT cases: Reviving a gold fish ... and ... snoring
- Do you have separation anxiety when you leave your pets?
- Tapping on your own "chain of worry" before tapping on your pet's problem
- EFT for the healing of our pets
- EFT for a pet
- Stunning physical healing in a baby goat
Table of Contents Help
The tabs on the right are shortcuts to where you have been:
- Previous Screen
- Previous Articles
- Previous Categories
- Start Page
- Hide Entire Menu
Swiping to the left will take you to the previous screen.
The folder icon indicates that more content is available. Click on the icon or the associated text, or swipe to the right to see the additional content.
EFT for a suffering dog, test anxiety, needle fear and death transitions
Note: This is one of 3,000 articles written prior to the updated Gold Standard (Official) EFT Tapping Tutorial™. As a result, it is likely outdated. It provides practical uses for EFT Tapping but you should also explore our newest advancement, Optimal EFT, by reading our free e-book, The Unseen Therapist™, and/or get help from a Certified EFT Practitioner.
Note: This article assumes you have a working knowledge of EFT. Newcomers can still learn from it but are advised to peruse our Free Gold Standard (Official) EFT Tutorial™ for a more complete understanding.
In EFT sessions of 30 minutes or less Karen Hanys makes solid progress for people with many issues. She includes some insights that are worth your investigation.
I recently became interested in EFT. I am spreading the word everywhere I can. I currently teach a special education class at a nearby college. In that class I teach the students how to do a simple round of EFT. My goal is to train teachers so that they can use this great gift with their students, especially special education students. I have two school principals interested in having their teachers trained. We are working out the logistics.
I use EFT on everything as you suggest. Procrastination; getting assignments completed is a great one. I collectively tap on my class for this national epidemic! Here are examples of EFT usage that worked in under 30 minutes:
1. My dog came in from outside very nervous, moving constantly, fear in eyes, absolutely could not be still. I turned her over and she was covered with raised very large red welts on her belly and sides. I began tapping on her just as I do on a two legged person, then moved on her back down her spine. She was able to calm enough to at least be still. I could tell that the itching sensation was unbearable.
I then moved to surrogately tapping for her. I tapped on her fear, not suffering, how loved she is, even though we didn't know what caused it, how this was not serious. Within 30 minutes of alternately tapping on her and on myself, she was free of the itching and pain and the welts were not raised, just a little red. She was able to lie down and sleep. In the morning, all signs had disappeared.
2. I tutor students (adults) when they have to take the State Mandated Test to acquire their state license for teaching. Some have taken the test 5 times and failed. Some fewer times, but all are quite anxious. Some of these students are quite open to being shown EFT, some are not. For those who are not open to the idea, I surrogately tap after I get home from the tutoring session.
I tap for fear of success, fear they are not smart enough to pass, fear they will let family down, fear they can't pay the bills, not good enough, made another wrong choice, anything that intuitively comes up . All have passed the test on their next try. One individual even ordered the wrong test, discovered it after the first 10 minutes, and even passed that test! One could say I am an expert instructor, if they didn't think the EFT worked, but in this case, I didn't tutor this student on that particular subject. EFT wins again.
3. The next case I worked with a colleague over the phone on speaker. She is a young woman in her late twenties. At the time she was pregnant and had to have a substantial amount of blood drawn due to some complications. Her whole life she passed out at the presentation of a needle.
We tapped on her fear of needles, fear of getting infected from the needle, fear of needle breaking off in her, fear it would hurt, fear she would bleed to death after the removal of the needle and then intuitively I asked if she could remember anything someone had said to her to make her fearful. Bingo, Her mother had been less than kind to her as a child. We only had time to do about 3 rounds on that core issue before the session ended. Later that day the blood was drawn and for the first time in her life, my client did not pass out.
I followed up a few weeks later and she was very proud of herself, but was not interested in using EFT - really didn't think it worked all that much. About 7 months later, this same person who passed out from needles and who doesn't think EFT is that wonderful said she thought she would go get a flu shot!
4. A way I have used EFT on myself is to download from the internet a list of 100's of emotions. I muscle test, or intuit which emotion might need work. I begin by removing the psychological reversal which might be present by tapping on the karate point and then just going through the sequence repeating the emotion. Most of the time I will remember a situation and tap on that which often leads to another and another. This has proven to really collapse those table legs. I find this works better for me in self use then actually writing down specific incidences. I encourage my clients to list incidences which works quite well.
5. I have also used EFT on 2 different individuals making their transition. I very gently tapped on the individual (I was able to use all points with one and with the other individual I just used her hand) saying things like: This is your very special time. It is a time you can be selfish and only pay attention to yourself. You don't have to be a mother, sister, daughter, grandmother, friend. You only need be You (and I said the name of the person). This is a time to find courage, a time to not be afraid. You are safe, safer than ever before. It is a time that you can decide for yourself without worrying about the outcome. Then I tapped on peace, comfort, absence of pain, happiness, any positive thought that intuitively arose. In both cases, the patients passed gently, gracefully, quickly. One, within 24 hours and another in 4 hours.
Gary, I want to stress that I had the permission of the relatives. In fact, they asked me for help as their mothers were suffering and seemingly having a hard time letting go. At death it is my belief that the person and their "in charge person" whether God, Buddha etc., will ultimately be in control.
EFT just eases those fears and emotions getting in the way of complete peace. I don't believe it is I making the change. I just tap with complete love and get out of the way.
FOR MORE EFT HELP ...
Explore our newest advancement, Optimal EFT™, by reading our free e-book, The Unseen Therapist™.