- Did surrogate EFT help a cat accept a new dog into the household?
- How to creatively use EFT on a dog--in this case for toxic reactions
- EFT newcomer assists with her dog's eye problem
- EFT for a snoring schnauzer
- Here is evidence that our pets' emotional issues and behaviors mirror ours--dog behavior changes
- EFT newcomer successfully uses EFT for her abused dog
- Surrogate EFT brings peace to scared animals
- Abused dog is housebroken with the use of EFT
- Two success stories of EFT with dogs: A vacuum cleaner fear and an arthritic back
- Did surrogate EFT for Mary's dog remove a lump?
- EFT quieted a dog
- The sluggish beagle that suddenly turned frisky
- An amazing recovery for a tiny dog after a pit bull attack
- The mysterious vanishing growth on Marlene's dog
- The dog that used to chew everything
- Otto, the puppy had car sickness--but there was much more
- Surrogate tapping on a dog cleared chronic ear infections
- A dog's thunder anxiety fades with surrogate EFT
- Surrogate EFT for a sick dog
- Surrogate EFT for an injured stray dog
- A miracle for a therapy dog with heart worm
- Surrogate EFT restores ailing dog's appetite
- EFT for a suffering dog, test anxiety, needle fear and death transitions
- Three cases using EFT for dogs: Two for fear and one for a swollen paw
- Successful Surrogate EFT for Bilbo the Dog
- The cat who couldn't pee
- Success with a cat
- EFT successfully handles a CAT-tastrophe!
- What my dying cat taught me about doing EFT on animals
- Surrogate EFT calms aggressive stray cat
- EFT for a scaredy cat
- EFT helps cat through surgery
- Calming down a very scared cat
- The cat who no longer has "accidents" when using her litter tray
- Rescuing Mellie the cat from death's door
- Successful EFT tapping - cats have needs too!
- Surrogate EFT helps two cats at a distance
- Bringing peace to a cringing kitten
- The cat who was allergic to his food
- Helping my cat Noodle to walk again
- Two first class uses of Surrogate EFT for Sarah Rushton's cat
- Impressive EFT surrogate work helps horse with sensitive hoof and an electric fence
- Surrogate EFT removes a horse's limp
- Using "mind pictures" for the Setup while doing EFT for Marva the horse
- EFT calms an injured horse and its handler
- Impressive surrogate work for ex-champion horse
- The horse with many fears
- Horse with panic attacks helped with EFT
- EFT reversed the cause of a 7 year chronic uterine infection in our mare!
- Surrogate EFT and Surrogate Muscle Testing resolve horse's bucking problem
- Tapping for a horse
- Some ideas about EFT for horses
- EFT calms down a "Spooking Horse"
- Successful surrogate EFT for a choking horse
- Surrogate tapping brings peace to my filly, Rose!
- Because I work with animals every day, I know you can
- EFT for profound grief at losing a pet -- finding a core issue
- Using EFT with animals for performance issues
- "Rainbow Bridge" tapping when you are grieving a lost pet
- "EFT helped save my Goldfish"
- Try EFT on Everything -- Even Fish!
- Two EFT cases: Reviving a gold fish ... and ... snoring
- Do you have separation anxiety when you leave your pets?
- Tapping on your own "chain of worry" before tapping on your pet's problem
- EFT for the healing of our pets
- EFT for a pet
- Stunning physical healing in a baby goat
Table of Contents Help
The tabs on the right are shortcuts to where you have been:
- Previous Screen
- Previous Articles
- Previous Categories
- Start Page
- Hide Entire Menu
Swiping to the left will take you to the previous screen.
The folder icon indicates that more content is available. Click on the icon or the associated text, or swipe to the right to see the additional content.
The cat who couldn't pee
Note: This is one of 3,000 articles written prior to the updated Gold Standard (Official) EFT Tapping Tutorial™. As a result, it is likely outdated. It provides practical uses for EFT Tapping but you should also explore our newest advancement, Optimal EFT, by reading our free e-book, The Unseen Therapist™, and/or get help from a Certified EFT Practitioner.
Joanne Clodfelter's male cat had a blocked urinary tract and nothing could help it except for expensive trips to the vet. She tried EFT and, at first, obtained no result. However, after trying EFT on her cat's presumed emotional issues, the relief was almost immediate. Please consult physicians or veterinarians on all medical issues.
I used EFT to unblock my male cat's urinary tract, but found success only after I took the time to analyze the emotion causing the problem.
Orangie is our five year old, long haired male cat. Between Christmas Eve, 2005, and April 2006, his urinary tract blocked three times and we had to take him to the vet three times to be unblocked. This is a very serious condition in male cats. If you see them struggling in the cat box, you have to get a vet to unblock them within 24-48 hours, or they can die.
One vet wanted to cut off Orangie's penis to keep him from getting blocked again, but I refused. I took Orangie off all dry food, and started making my own cat food out of raw meat, which is supposed to prevent blockage.
After each unblocking, the vet put him on a course of antibiotics. It seemed as soon as he would finish his antibiotics, he would start struggling in the litter box, and get blocked again. I felt like I was doing everything right, but he was still getting blocked.
I'm new to EFT, and each time as I was driving him to the vet to be unblocked, I would do the set-up, saying "Even though it hurts when I, Orangie, pee, I deeply love and accept myself." And then do the tapping sequence. It didn't make any difference.
Finally, about two weeks after he was unblocked for the third time, and had just finished a course of antibiotics, there he was in the basement, going from litter box to litter box, pushing, with nothing coming out. I sat on the basement steps, just watching him. I was frustrated. My heart was about to break, not wanting to put him through another trip to the vet.
Suddenly, it occurred to me that we had done everything we were supposed to do for him physically, but it wasn't working. So it had to be an emotional issue and physical interventions would not solve the problem long term. So I started analyzing Orangie's personality, and what kind of emotional issues he might have.
Here's what I came up with:
1. He is a very proud cat. With all his urinary tract problems, he never once tried to pee outside the litter box.
2. We have other cats in the household, and he probably gets embarrassed when the other cats see him unable to pee.
So sitting on the basement steps, while I watched Orangie struggle in the litter box, I said aloud the following set up: "Even though I Orangie am ashamed and humiliated when I can't pee, I deeply love and accept myself." As soon as those words were out of my mouth, Orangie looked at me, hopped out of the litter box, brushed against me and meowed, and headed upstairs. About an hour later, he went back down to the basement. I followed him and he peed a nice quantity.
I've had to do EFT on him a couple times since then, but as long as I use the emotion-based set up, it works every time. Sure beats having your penis cut off. Now how humiliating would that be for a very proud cat????
FOR MORE EFT HELP ...
Explore our newest advancement, Optimal EFT™, by reading our free e-book, The Unseen Therapist™.