- Other Emotional Issues
- Anger Management
- Anger management approach for a polarity responder
- The cause of our anger isn't always as it appears
- A client talks about her abusive childhood and her relief via EFT
- Resentments relieved 22 years after a poor birthing experience
- EFT resolves long term resentment
- The EFT Cooling Tower Technique for Letting off Steam
- Press Release: Can a One-Minute Anger Management Technique Reduce Injury Risk and Chronic Illness?
- Releasing anger patterns with EFT
- A client resolves lifelong anger on her own
- Clearing anger and self loathing with EFT via introduction to inner child
- Stubborn anger issue falls to 0 with emphatic "say what you feel" wording.
- Road Rage and hives disappear in one session after getting to the core issue
- New Technique Helps Avoid Heart Damage by Diffusing Anger Within Marital Arguments
- The client who continually felt resentful
- Employee overcomes anger at supervisor
- Jonas uses EFT for deeper meditation - dangerous PSA reading is now only 0.4
- School Counselor on anger and tension,
- Getting behind a successful EFT anger case
- Football Star Uses New Acupressure Technique to Calm his Road Rage -- No Drugs Needed
- Transgender person with abusive mother relieves rage with EFT
- Anger case--the urge to explode
- Even dropping the kids off at school provides tapping opportunities - an anger issue
- Using EFT to self-calm an intense anger tantrum
- Useful thoughts on anger by Stewart Robertson
- Releasing anger at parents allowed healing of ulcerative colitis and headaches
- Suppressed anger expelled via the stomach
- EFT for self righteous anger
- Getting over a gang rape--including a follow-up
- EFT alleviates horrendous self-hatred and rage
- Calming down Teddy, an emotionally disturbedboy
- EFT for anger underlying ALS
- An unusual anger release
- Anger in a homeless shelter
- A murderous rage is calmed with EFT
- Intuitional work with anger
- A First Class use of Surrogate EFT for Bill's anger and behavior issues
- EFT Transforms "hopping-mad" anger
- Unbearable hatred toward classmates
- Anger and Hostility are Proven to Damage Lungs; Simple Acupressure Technique Offers a Solution
- Anger case history from a client
- EFT for workplace anger
- Josh: Building rapport with children--anger & behavior problems.
- EFT for anger helps both Ann and her angry husband--note the surrogate approach
- Using EFT for on-the-spot "hopping mad" anger
- Surrogate EFT for fighting neighbors
- Brandon's Story--anger problem becomes history: (including an update at the end)
- EFT for deep seated anger
- EFT and severe mental illness--a murderous impulse
- An interesting approach to EFT and road rage
- Hair loss and facial blemishes fade after EFT relieves important emotional issues -- Depression too!
- Adrienne, a physician
- Gary discusses depression and some new ideas
- A non-therapist does superb work on depression--including her own.
- Newbie uses EFT on depression, allergic reactions and more
- 30+ years of depression gone in 2 minutes
- EFT saves a life by rapidly resolving suicidal depression
- Depression and confusion about God
- EFT on personal depression--"I was angry at myself"
- Press Release: New Method for Depression Often Works When Nothing Else Will
- Dr. Patricia Carrington on depression--a detailed discussion, including meds
- Depression, height phobia and claustrophobia eliminated in one session
- Depression related to guilt
- When depression comes from a related issue
- Depression Drugs and Migraine Drugs Don't Always Do The Job
- Depression on Death Row
- EFT Newcomer eliminates his own deep depression and anxiety disorder
- An intimate look at Depression
- EFT instead of shock treatments?
- From depressed and suicidal ... to ... "I laugh all the time
- What was REALLY causing Anne's depression?
- EFT student eases his wife's suicidal thoughts
- Louella: Depression, pesticides and low blood sugar
- A successful but involved depression case--"I don't want to tell you how well I'm doing"
- EFT resolves 12 years of postnatal depression
- Cross dressing, sexuality and depression
- Long term severe depression gone in ten minutes
- Jaqui Crooks used EFT to overcome her Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD)
- Maggie eliminates her own depression
- Surrogate tapping and its effect on depression.
- Persistent EFT by Email on depression, anger and anxiety
- Approaching Depression with the Tearless Trauma Technique
- After 15 years of therapy, including shock therapy, EFT helps release depression
- A case that didn't work--and some suggestions
- A first class look at using EFT for a complex case - depression, guilt, grief and abandonment
- Was it really a manic/depressive disorder?
- A textbook depression case--a "one minute wonder" complete with belief changes
- Major results for anxiety, depression and social issues from one thorough EFT session and consistent EFT "homework"
- Success with a skeptical, depressed scientist - follow up included
- Depression, low self esteem and childhood traumas
- Persistence and a challenging case - Incest, abuse, depression, anxiety attacks, nightmares and flashbacks
- A mis-diagnosed manic/depressive disorder
- Depression with numerous underlying issues
- Panic And Anxiety
- Surgery anxiety and EFT
- EFT helps adult learners overcome school and math anxiety
- EFT on a case of extreme separation anxiety in a dog and the importance of Core Issues for Animals
- Study Shows Simple Drug-Free Acupressure Technique Reduces Dental Anxiety
- Detective work provides help for an anxiety disorder
- Imagination tapping on the finger points reduces stress level to zero
- Using EFT for a client who feels out of control.
- One EFT round with Deborah's daughter relieves performance anxiety
- Eric Robins, MD and Lisa Cox on surgery anxieties
- Severe anxiety client has his life back
- EFT Newbie resolves her own major trip anxiety
- Panic attacks and heart palpitations subside after doing EFT on dreams
- Anxiety, eating and more
- Success in neutralizing unwanted memories without the client disclosing the content
- Newcomer uses EFT to collapse his own panic-attacks and writes letter to "Quackwatch"
- A detailed panic attack case
- Non-therapist relieves stress in the form of a temper tantrum
- EFT for panic attacks
- Who Would Have Thought That Acupressure Could Relieve Social Anxiety Better Than Drugs or Therapy?
- Daddy left me. Will my new boyfriend leave me too?
- Courtroom anxiety AND anxiety about calling employers
- One EFT phone session resolves driving test anxiety -- and the benefits expand
- Panic attacks and fear of darkness
- Addressing Generalized Anxiety Disorder by aiming EFT at specific events
- Test anxiety
- Using EFT for Social Anxiety Disorder
- Surgeon Uses New Acupressure Technique to Lower Surgery Risk
- Overcoming Test Anxiety with New Drug-Free Technique: 80% Success Rate
- Daily tapping for Panic Attacks
- Anxiety related to atrial fibrillation is calmed with EFT
- Performance anxiety and many aspects
- EFT brings relief for trauma, anxiety, and an overactive bladder, all in less than an hour
- Gayla uses EFT for panic
- Travel Anxiety--using the Tell the Story Technique
- Febrile convulsions and related panic attacks subside--not one attack in the two years since she learned to use EFT
- Successful surrogate tapping for surgery anxiety
- Persistence and Panic Attacks - Quality results on a stubborn issue
- Getting to the core of "Mark's" anxiety
- EFT for overeating and panic attacks
- Performance anxiety at a music camp
- Relief for another stress related cough
- Using EFT for panic when nobody is around
- New Method for Treating Anxiety Works When Conventional Treatments Fail
- Clearing social anxiety with EFT
- Two surrogate tapping cases: Dental anxiety and severe stomach ache
- Panic Attacks: Getting behind the thought process
- Husband relieves wife of major panic attack
- EFT newcomer rids himself of social anxiety
- Detective work crucial in relief for panic attacks
- Combining EFT with the Inner Theater approach for panic attacks
- Testing your EFT work: Feeling trapped and panic attacks
- A Quality "How To Do It" Session for Fear and Anxiety
- Diagnosed as a schizophrenic, Gregoire had anxiety, stress and insomnia
- Current "in your face" anxiety and stress case
- EFT makes good progress with panic, agoraphobia and feeling like a failure
- Sports anxiety, heat sensitivity, being away from home, loneliness, fear of insects.
- 20 year old abduction anxiety calmed with EFT
- Collapsing a client's anxiety from the 9/11 disaster--with 4 year follow-up
- Anxiety and the fear of being alone
- EFT student uses tapping to immediately calm down after a major car accident
- Medical school test anxiety--from C's and D's to A's and B's
- Success story with 10 day anxiety attack
- OCD (Obsessive Compulsive Disorder)
- EFT for grief and pet loss
- This new Widow was helped in many ways by EFT
- EFT for pain and grief for a birth mother who wasn't allowed to see her child -- a touching story with a happy ending
- Getting to important emotions by doing EFT while looking in the mirror
- Tapping through grief leads to incredible insight and relief
- EFT setup statements for grief
- An easy grief case with an aspect that showed up later
- Imaginary tapping sends grief away
- EFT may be a great relief to grief-stricken nurses who lose patients
- Fresh grief and a double benefit.
- Grief changes to smiles
- Uncontrollable grief resolved with EFT
- Attorney helps client by using EFT for long term unresolved grief
- A grief case with many aspects
- When certain music triggers grief and sadness
- Freedom from grief in only 15 minutes
- Relieving grief over the death of Higgins the dog
- EFT turns grief into beauty
- EFT eliminates unnecessary grief emotions and softens the grieving process - includes 2 month follow up
- Using EFT for Bereavement
- Community relief from grief with EFT
- EFT brings healing to a whole family while one woman heals her grief
- EFT is instrumental in bringing a couple back together
- Relationships - on "Being Right"
- Instant relationship fix?
- Relationship issue: A humorous approach
- What holds you back from your lover?
- Combining role playing with EFT for relationships and other issues
- Using EFT for a Broken Heart
- The Healing Power of Forgiveness
- Love, Intuition, Patience and EFT help a schizophrenic 15 year old.
- EFT for Couples
- Retired Stanford professor fixes his wife's computer with EFT
- Relationship success after finding core issue
- EFT to heal family relationships
- Using EFT on "blocking thoughts" to good relationships
- Surrogate EFT heals a broken heart for a 16 year old boy
- EFT and meditation for a broken heart
- EFT for love pain
- Shared tapping provides benefits for relationship issues
- EFT Instead of the psych ward after a relationship breaks up
- Taking relationships work to a new level--The Odd Couple
- Insights into picking up another person
- EFT heals a broken heart in rapid time
- Using EFT to improve a relationship
- EFT, One Minute Wonders and Opening to Love
- EFT by telephone smoothes out a tense family reunion
- Tapping on relationship issues
- Interesting way to use EFT & Tappy Bear for a broken heart
- Relationships, EFT and Spirituality
- Improve relationships by Tapping in the Positive
- Using EFT for relationship issues--a detailed case
- Tapping into a state of Love
- EFT resolves a 10 year heartbreak
- "I didn't like kissing my wife after she drank coffee."
- Jack improves his relationship with his grandson using surrogate EFT
- Addressing relationship and family issues by tapping on photographs
- How clearing an intense cough led to improved family relationships--an EFT two-for-one EFT benefit
- MD introduces an innovative idea that brings relief for stubborn relationship issue
- Finding the love you want by healing the inner child
- Relationship Issue: "My husband was being a jerk"
- Using EFT to prepare for a difficult encounter
- Using EFT for unnecessary guilt - Did EFT get someone's husband to cook dinner?
- How Guilt and Shame Block the Law of Attraction
- Stubborn guilt finally subsides after doing a search on our website and DVDs for ideas
- EFT and infertility
- A bout of cystitis turns out to be a bout of guilt
- Writing a letter
- Reframes (seeing things differently) for guilt, shame and sorrow
- Restless leg syndrome linked to guilt - 20 years of restlessness gone in 2 sessions
- How to reduce guilt via an EFT "Tapping Circle" -- keeping privacy for everyone
- The "Tapping the System" Technique
- The Rolling EFT process
- A new do-it-yourself approach to acupressure alleviates stress and, in turn neutralizes cold, flu an
- Psychotherapy Dramatically Improved By New 'Acupuncture Without Needles' Technique
- New Acupressure Discovery Reduces Stress 4 Ways: 80% Success Rate
- Many Stressed Women Abandon Healthy Lifestyle Habits: Simple Acupressure Technique Offers a Solution
- To Physicians: New Discoveries in Acupressure Promise Everything From Alertness to Pain and Stress Management
- Eating Disorders
- A Bulimia "one session wonder"
- Bulimia in Brazil
- "Acceptance Tapping" - A powerful EFT treatment variation for severe compulsive disorders and bulimia.
- Joe resolves his Anorexia...and more
- Love, diligence and an eating disorder
- Michal describes what it is like to be free from an eating disorder
- Two Year Bulimia Problem Gets Major Assist in One Hour
- Anger Management
Table of Contents Help
The tabs on the right are shortcuts to where you have been:
- Previous Screen
- Previous Articles
- Previous Categories
- Start Page
- Hide Entire Menu
Swiping to the left will take you to the previous screen.
The folder icon indicates that more content is available. Click on the icon or the associated text, or swipe to the right to see the additional content.
Other Emotional Issues
Persistent EFT by Email on depression, anger and anxiety
Important Note: This article was written prior to 2010 and is now outdated. Please use my newest advancement, Optimal EFT. It is more efficient, more powerful and clearly explained in my free e-book, The Unseen Therapist™. Best wishes, Gary
Here is a helpful article by Jayne Morgan-Kidd that emphasizes three important ideas: (1) the use of persistence when a client is ready to give up, (2) useful Setup Statements for important issues and (3) doing EFT by email (Jayne gives us the actual correspondence).
I did some phone sessions with Laura (not her real name) who was suffering with depression, anger and anxiety. As we explored her family history, it seemed apparent that the emotional roots of her symptoms were related to her childhood experiences in a family with parents who had many unresolved emotional disturbances.
Laura's siblings have very different perceptions of the world than Laura and she has felt abandoned by everyone in her family. In her words, "I'm the stupid one, a loser, defective, afraid that no one accepts me, the carrier of everyone's pain". As we talked about her childhood and particularly her relationship with one of her parents, she recalled two incidents which were traumatic for her. One had to do with the death of a pet and the other was an incident involving an accident in the home. We did several rounds of tapping on these two incidents and Laura seemed to be feeling better as a result.
In our second session, among other things, I asked her to image herself as a child in hopes of getting her to connect more compassionately with her inner self. After this short imagery exercise, we did several rounds of tapping for 'that little girl' and the various feelings and struggles that she remembered. During each session we both felt that she had made some progress with her feelings, but nothing 'held' (as you will see).
We continued working on her issues through email. Our correspondence follows:
On February 14, Laura wrote:
I did feel some relief after our phone session on Wednesday.
It has vanished today.
I understand that I am suffering from a sense of terminal uniqueness (a 12-Step expression). I am experiencing a roller coaster existence these days. Just as I felt left out from all the recovery of the 12-step groups, today I am feeling left out of all the miracles of tapping.
I vacillate from hope to despair within hours. I am on an antidepressant. I don't think it is working.
I read Palace of Possibilities. I understand it. I wrote affirmations. I say them. The tail-enders are IN BOLD WRITING ON MY WALLS - AND COME IN DROVES.
In our last phone session we had discussed me taking care of the child within me. I find that to be a hollow promise. I have not taken good care of her at all up until now. On the contrary - I have abused her. Anyway, I've been tapping on the following:
(The following are phrases that Laura developed.)
Even though I find the idea that I can be a consistently loving person ludicrous, I am willing and able to take good care of myself.
Even though I have trusted up until now that I deserved to verbally abuse myself, I choose to love and accept myself.
Even though I don't trust myself to be able to change, I choose to love and accept myself.
Even though I have been stupid about many things, I choose to love and accept myself.
Even though I have made thousands of bad decisions based on senseless fear, I totally love and accept myself.
Even though I have been enraged with myself 100s of times over the years up until this point, I totally love and accept myself.
Even though I have pretty much decided a 1000 times I deserved to feel total and utter humiliation, I choose to love and accept myself.
Even though I have forced myself to live in a state of shame and terror much of the time over the years, I totally love and accept myself.
Even though I don't think I can do this good enough, I totally love and accept myself.
It all feels hollow. Because of the tail-enders. I have a million of them. I can't keep up with them all. Not really.
Yesterday I was fine!!! Today I am crying at anything that comes my way.
I feel very fragile.
Did anyone have as much trouble as I am having with this???? NOT ACCORDING TO WHAT I READ ON THE WEB SITE. Did anyone else succeed? REALLY succeed after feeling despair such as I feel - even after having the tools in front of them???
I am sure the answer can only be yes. But at this point ...so what.
On February 14, Jayne Morgan-Kidd wrote:
I was in the same place you are, feeling that it works great for everyone but me. However, I kept using EFT with others in my work and seeing it work time and time again. So that encouraged me and helped me see that it could work for me to if I would just keep at it. I read through your 'even though's' and I think I see at least one problem with them. The affirmation part of the saying (I accept and love myself etc.) doesn't feel true for you right now. Change all of those endings to 'I am open to the possibility that in time I could learn to accept myself.' Other endings could be:
'I choose to find something about myself to accept' or
'I am willing to learn to accept all parts of myself' or
'(Someone else) accepts me anyway.' And name the someone else, maybe it's your husband, a friend, me (Jayne), God, whoever you believe in your heart does truly accept you.
Do these regularly and in front of a mirror. Look into your own eyes. It might make you cry. I used to cry saying those things to myself because it just felt so painful. Do it anyway.
Let me know how it goes. Jayne
On Apr 5, Laura wrote:
Not doing so well these days. I am looking for a job, and it is getting me down. I doubled up my dose of Effexor last night, and am doing ok right now.
Gary's a lucky guy. He's doing pretty well with the writing on his walls.
I am fighting changing mine. I use it for protection. I am too scared to let go of all the ways I hate myself. If I do, then someone else will have a chance to ridicule or shame me.
I am still hiding. And I keep finding more and more reasons to stay here.
I have still been tapping. Am I making progress? Cutting down any trees? Really hard to say.
(Additionally, Laura reported that at this time, she was tapping on her EFT phrases sporadically.)
On Apr 6, Jayne Morgan-Kidd wrote:
I am going to suggest a planned, repetitive routine for you. Do all of these everyday, whether they seem true or not. Do them morning and night (more often if possible). When other phrases come to mind, write them down and do them too (add them to the list and do everyday from that day forward). Keep this routine up for 30 days. Do each in the following manner:
Example: Even though I am too angry to heal, I choose to accept myself as I am and I choose to heal anyway.
(KC point, 3 times) Even though I am too angry to heal, I choose to accept myself as I am and I choose to heal anyway.
First round saying 'I am too angry to heal' (while tapping points from top of head to under arm)
Second round saying 'I choose to accept myself as I am and I choose to heal anyway.' (tapping at same points as in first round)
Third round alternating 'Even though I am too angry to heal' with 'I choose to accept myself as I am and I choose to heal anyway.' (at same the points, just alternate the phrases).
Here are the phrases to use:
Even though I am fighting change... (you choose the affirming part of the statement. Use the words 'I choose')
Even if I let go of all the ways I hate myself, then someone else will ridicule or shame me...
Even though I keep hating myself for protection...
Even though I need to protect myself...
Even though I am still hiding...
Even though I keep finding more reasons to hide...
Even though I'm afraid to heal...
Even though I may never heal...
Even though I don't want to heal...
Even though I am too angry to heal...
Even though I'm too helpless to heal...
Even though no one can help me heal...
Even though I'm not worth healing...
Even though if I heal I won't know who I am...
Let me hear from you in 30 days. Best wishes! Jayne
On May 14, Laura wrote:
I wanted to write you and update you on my progress.
I have used the statements you gave me over the past month. At first I recorded my routine on the calendar. Now I generally do it because I like to. (I may still need to record - because getting too busy will be my downfall). My routine is to go morning and night, but sometimes miss, sometimes go in the middle of the day. A couple of times I have used it immediately to deal with anxiety.
Even though these are very general statements, they work for me. Specifics - usually things from that day - come to mind. Maybe that is why it is working so well for me. I feel a sense of relief on many days as I say these. Sometimes it is only saying one of the statements- not the same one each day by any means. I remember yesterday morning I felt such a clearing that I decided I didn't need to go through the whole list.
These statements stop my "fight or flight" method of dealing with my fears/anger/anxiety.
I did some aptitude testing several years ago. This testing rates innate abilities. I scored in the 95th percentile in both foresight (seeing possibilities) and inductive reasoning (picking related objects/thinking on my feet). I am in the 90th percentile in ideaphoria (flow of ideas). In other words, I think very abstractly and see lots of possibilities. Maybe that is why specifics don't work for me and these general statements do.
I applied for a couple jobs that took some courage on my part to even consider. I actually landed one of them!! I now have a professional job that I am very happy about!
So far, so good. I use EFT to deal with the changes. I see myself out there interacting, not hiding so much. Most people have welcomed me, and I am making friends and alliances there. There are a couple of people that have not welcomed me - as of yet - and I am dealing with that in a "healed" manner. I am not attacking them or running from them- for the most part. They are more of a focus to me than I would like, but I am heal-ING. Not healed. In fact, I may never heal all the way, but God has a plan for me anyway.
Those statements were an inspiration. I thank you for your assistance!!!!
Not quite a 'one-minute wonder' but an excellent example of how persistence really pays off. Laura made the point that the articles on the website relaying examples about fast healing through EFT, while encouraging, may also give the impression that quick cures are the norm for EFT users. I find that complex issues more commonly require a larger time investment. I hope this will encourage those who have tried EFT without achieving all the relief they are seeking to continue working with it and to be persistent. It really will work.
Best wishes to all, Jayne Morgan-Kidd
FOR MORE EFT HELP ...
Explore our newest advancement, Optimal EFT™, by reading my free e-book, The Unseen Therapist™. More efficient. More powerful.