- Surrogate EFT brings peace to scared animals
- Abused dog is housebroken with the use of EFT
- Two success stories of EFT with dogs: A vacuum cleaner fear and an arthritic back
- Did surrogate EFT for Mary's dog remove a lump?
- EFT quieted a dog
- The sluggish beagle that suddenly turned frisky
- Otto, the puppy had car sickness--but there was much more
- An amazing recovery for a tiny dog after a pit bull attack
- The mysterious vanishing growth on Marlene's dog
- The dog that used to chew everything
- Surrogate EFT for a sick dog
- Surrogate tapping on a dog cleared chronic ear infections
- A dog's thunder anxiety fades with surrogate EFT
- Surrogate EFT for an injured stray dog
- A miracle for a therapy dog with heart worm
- Surrogate EFT restores ailing dog's appetite
- EFT for a suffering dog, test anxiety, needle fear and death transitions
- Three cases using EFT for dogs: Two for fear and one for a swollen paw
- Successful Surrogate EFT for Bilbo the Dog
- Did surrogate EFT help a cat accept a new dog into the household?
- How to creatively use EFT on a dog--in this case for toxic reactions
- EFT newcomer assists with her dog's eye problem
- EFT for a snoring schnauzer
- Here is evidence that our pets' emotional issues and behaviors mirror ours--dog behavior changes
- EFT newcomer successfully uses EFT for her abused dog
- Surrogate EFT calms aggressive stray cat
- EFT for a scaredy cat
- EFT helps cat through surgery
- The cat who no longer has "accidents" when using her litter tray
- Calming down a very scared cat
- Surrogate EFT helps two cats at a distance
- Rescuing Mellie the cat from death's door
- Successful EFT tapping - cats have needs too!
- Bringing peace to a cringing kitten
- The cat who was allergic to his food
- Helping my cat Noodle to walk again
- Two first class uses of Surrogate EFT for Sarah Rushton's cat
- The cat who couldn't pee
- Success with a cat
- EFT successfully handles a CAT-tastrophe!
- What my dying cat taught me about doing EFT on animals
- Impressive surrogate work for ex-champion horse
- The horse with many fears
- Horse with panic attacks helped with EFT
- EFT reversed the cause of a 7 year chronic uterine infection in our mare!
- Surrogate EFT and Surrogate Muscle Testing resolve horse's bucking problem
- Tapping for a horse
- Some ideas about EFT for horses
- EFT calms down a "Spooking Horse"
- Successful surrogate EFT for a choking horse
- Surrogate tapping brings peace to my filly, Rose!
- Because I work with animals every day, I know you can
- Impressive EFT surrogate work helps horse with sensitive hoof and an electric fence
- Surrogate EFT removes a horse's limp
- Using "mind pictures" for the Setup while doing EFT for Marva the horse
- EFT calms an injured horse and its handler
- "EFT helped save my Goldfish"
- Try EFT on Everything -- Even Fish!
- Do you have separation anxiety when you leave your pets?
- Two EFT cases: Reviving a gold fish ... and ... snoring
- Tapping on your own "chain of worry" before tapping on your pet's problem
- EFT for the healing of our pets
- EFT for a pet
- Stunning physical healing in a baby goat
- EFT for profound grief at losing a pet -- finding a core issue
- Using EFT with animals for performance issues
- "Rainbow Bridge" tapping when you are grieving a lost pet
Table of Contents Help
The tabs on the right are shortcuts to where you have been:
- Previous Screen
- Previous Articles
- Previous Categories
- Start Page
- Hide Entire Menu
Swiping to the left will take you to the previous screen.
The folder icon indicates that more content is available. Click on the icon or the associated text, or swipe to the right to see the additional content.
Do you have separation anxiety when you leave your pets?
Note: This is one of 3,000 articles written prior to the updated Gold Standard (Official) EFT Tapping Tutorial™. As a result, it is likely outdated. It provides practical uses for EFT Tapping but you should also explore our newest advancement, Optimal EFT, by reading our free e-book, The Unseen Therapist™, and/or get help from a Certified EFT Practitioner.
Annie Bathgate's client didn't travel with her husband because she worried over leaving her pets. Two simple rounds of EFT resolved the problems and two separate followups verified how thoroughly the session worked.
A client was referred to me specifically for her anxiety over her dogs. As we sat down, "Sara" started to tell me how she never traveled with her husband because she could not stand to leave her precious dogs behind. She worried about them the entire trip and was unable to sleep or relax while on vacation. Her face was tense as she described how she hated dropping her dogs, Jack and Floppy at the kennel before a vacation. She was especially worried about Jack, since he was recently adopted and she didn't want him to think she was abandoning him.
I was familiar with these feelings for I too worry about my beloved animals while traveling. However, I have overcome my anxiety with the help of EFT and I was hopeful EFT would do the same for Sara as well. We discussed many of her worries and fears and came up with the following statements to tap on, each at about a level of intensity of 7 out of 10:
Even though I am worried about leaving Jack and Floppy…
Even though I am worried Jack thinks I am abandoning him…
Even though I won't be able to enjoy my vacation…
After two rounds, many of her anxieties had lifted and her level of intensity was at about a 1 or 2 out of 10. Her face was calmer and her body was visibly more relaxed. She was comfortable to end the session at this point, planning on tapping at home with the homework sheet I provided for her.
Recently, I saw a very happy and relaxed Sara. I asked how her trip was. She replied that the trip had been canceled, due to bad weather. "However", she admitted, "I handled the cancellation well, even though we were stuck waiting at the airport for eight hours!" Because of the weather, the dogs had to stay one night in the kennel, and I wondered how Sara dealt with her separation anxiety. She shrugged her shoulders with a smile, "I was fine. They seemed to be very happy when I dropped them off, getting to know all their neighbors in the kennel. When I went to pick them up the next day, they were exhausted from all the fun they had." I asked how she felt about traveling in the future and leaving the dogs behind. "I have no worries!" Sara happily replied!
About a week later, I happened to meet Sara's daughter, who also frequents our offices. She realized I was the one who taught her mother that 'tapping thing' and she was astonished to see the change in her. She said her mother rarely traveled with her stepfather, but now she's open and willing to try it. Her daughter was in awe to see the shift in her mother's thinking and relieved to see the anxiety lifted. It was such validation for me to hear from both the client and her daughter, how they could both see the changes in Sara!
Annie Bathgate, EFT-CC
FOR MORE EFT HELP ...
Explore our newest advancement, Optimal EFT™, by reading our free e-book, The Unseen Therapist™.