- Articles & Ideas
- Being Specific
- How to apply EFT when there are no clear, specific memories to tap on
- Tapping on specific events without knowing what they are
- What to do when you can't find your own specific events or issues
- Two cases: (1) Being Specific and (2) Being General
- EFT for the Soul - global versus specific approaches
- How to collapse multiple SPECIFIC EVENTS in one Borrowing Benefits session
- EFT for a bashful bladder - a beautiful example of going for SPECIFIC EVENTS
- Ann Adams on BEING SPECIFIC
- Using NLP to Chunk Down for specifics in an EFT session
- The importance of being specific in the EFT Setup Phrase
- Find Early Specific Events
- Surrogate EFT relieves baby
- Some thoughts about surrogate (remote) EFT
- Resolving a family fight with surrogate EFT
- Surrogate tapping on a sneezing attack, Successful use of EFT on a raspy throat AND arm wrestling success using only two fingers.
- Helping Helpers: Using Surrogate EFT for Emergencies
- Surrogate tapping for terrorists
- Surrogate EFT Taken Another Step - Clearing Ancestral (Foundational) Issues
- Surrogate tapping and collarbone breathing
- "Seeing" disrupted energy enhances mental (surrogate) tapping
- Solid motivation to use Surrogate EFT
- Surrogate EFT for Chronic Pulmonary Obstruction Disorder
- Surrogate/distance tapping for Cassie the dog
- Successful surrogate tapping for schizophrenic son
- Surrogate EFT to help patients going through medical procedures
- Surrogate EFT arrests a grand mal seizure
- Beth's Stalker Problem Resolved with Surrogate EFT
- What to do in the hospital
- A surrogate EFT Teddy Bear became a special friend for a housebound woman
- Responses to questions on surrogate muscle testing
- Simple uses of Surrogate EFT during every day conversations
- Surrogate tapping stops serious nose bleed
- Surrogate EFT -- "The pain is leaving now through my fingertips."
- Surrogate EFT substantially aids incontinence, anger, dementia and hearing loss.
- Skeptic of surrogate EFT becomes a believer
- A followup after a surrogate session in Albuquerque--Betsy's impressive results
- A touching story: Easing Mary's death through surrogate EFT
- How to do Intentional (or Surrogate) EFT--a 4 Part Series
- Using surrogate EFT for easing a courtroom testimony
- After trying a different approach for Surrogate EFT, a crying baby quiets down
- Successful Surrogate EFT for Seizures
- Breathing problems, surrogate tapping, depression and Try it on Everything
- Surrogate tapping on an "Entity"
- Time and Reframing: An Easy Technique that Generates Fast Results
- The benefits of describing EFT as a relaxation technique
- The Gratitude Diet - A Thanksgiving Technique
- Stepping back from the movie in the EFT Movie Technique
- Turning the Movie Technique into a cartoon helps with Dysautonomia episode
- Discovering "core scenes"
- A short version of the Collar Bone Breathing Technique
- Doing the EFT Constricted Breathing Technique a few times a day increased Paul
- The "Let it be Easy" Technique
- EFT and the Double Bubble technique: Or how to successfully deal with chronic issues!
- Variations on EFT's Movie Technique
- Doing the EFT Movie Technique in slow motion -- getting to important and otherwise hidden aspects
- The Stepping into Neutral Technique
- Everyday EFT to Create a Fabulous Life--The Emotional Joy Technique
- The Argument Tapping Technique
- Gwyneth Moss's Imagineering Technique for Endometriosis
- The "Tap while you Gripe" Technique
- The EFT Imagineering Technique
- Refusal Tapping Technique
- The "Turbo-Tapping" Technique
- The Bundling Movie Technique for gently addressing long term abuse cases
- Behind the Scenes of the Movie Technique
- The Volcano Technique
- The Movie Technique for kinesthetic learners
- Creative Uses of The EFT Movie Technique
- Living your Dreams with The Hero Technique
- For procrastination: The "Feel the Feeling" Technique
- A useful EFT phrase--"Reclaiming" all our possibilities
- How Do You Know What To Say For an EFT Setup Phrase?
- A New Way to Use the
- Using "It's In Here" in the EFT Setup phrase
- Testing our work and personal radiation
- Useful ways to expand the EFT Set-up Phrase
- Jarrod Bailey from Australia experiments with EFT Setup Phrases and explains his findings
- Touch And Breathe--TAB Paper
- Using the 9 Gamut Procedure when emotion gets "stuck in the right brain"
- Tapping on both sides of the body, on feel-good points only, then taking deep breaths after each point
- Injecting "want to" into the EFT Setup language
- EFT Imagineering cleared lungs and improved breathing
- Using the EFT setup statement as a a pledge
- Dr. Carol Look discusses the importance of testing in EFT
- The advantages of using the 9 Gamut Procedure
- EFT to clear chakras and increase vibration
- Testing your EFT work - The
- Adding muscle testing to EFT
- Effectively using "What if" in the EFT Setup Phrase
- A creative way to develop EFT Setup statements
- Gwyneth Moss on Reality Testing
- The Alternate Phrase Technique--tapping on both sides of a conflict.
- Ideas on Muscle Testing, EFT and Developing Intuition
- Why do we use negatives in the EFT setup statement?
- Ideas for enhancing the standard EFT Setup
- How do I choose the phrases to use while doing EFT?
- Soft language to ease The EFT Set-Up Phrases
- Karen's thoughts on self forgiveness
- Freeing our "Critical Mind" into Self Acceptance with EFT
- Using "I love THAT about myself" in the EFT process
- Tapping on one's self talk--a great idea for collapsing our "inner critic"
- EFT helps a man look people in the eye
- Self sabotage-healing the parts that don
- EFT gives relief to a self-cutter by first finding emotional causes
- Anja shares her self-healing process
- Getting the most out of self-help books with EFT
- Billy McCombie self applies EFT for an impressive list of benefits
- S-L-O-W EFT for self help on broad issues
- Give Yourself a Gift by Creating an EFT Journal
- Resolving childhood issues with EFT increases compassion for self
- Tapping for negative self-talk - "I am unable to step out of it"
- Paradoxes in validating one's Self
- When self acceptance becomes a problem...
- EFT for relief from feeling responsible for everyone else before taking care of self
- The role of self-punishment in Dis-ease
- Steve Wells series on EFT and Self-Acceptance--Part 1 of 4--(subsequent parts given below)
- EFT improves self esteem
- Rue Hass on "I deeply and completely accept myself"
- EFT As a Conversation With Yourself
- Self acceptance without judgment
- A Complex Case - Doubts and Self-empowerment - The Return of Hair and more
- Julie Howard uses EFT for being hard on herself
- EFT for the lingering effects of a brain tumor from 12 years before
- Surrogate EFT for Yourself
- Self Image: An insightful look at the "Writings on our Walls"
- EFT for Self Confidence
- The 3-2-1 process: untangling yourself from others
- Mary Hunt on Intuition: Getting yourself out of the way.
- Thoughts on Surrogate EFT and "getting yourself out of the way"
- Frances Songhurst finally gets a rapid result for herself
- Developing self compassion with persistent EFT
- Conversations with Dr. Mercola -- Part 5 of 7
- Improving results with dissociated clients
- What Questions Should You Ask When Seeking An EFT Practitioner?
- Thoughts on following your EFT intuition with clients
- EFT from a CLIENT'S POINT OF VIEW
- Hair dresser helps client raise her arm - The salon clients cheered
- How to search for an EFT Practitioner
- The client who is "Never Good Enough" and The Brick Wall Technique
- Doing EFT for the client that is afraid to get started
- How this therapist uses Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) and EFT together
- Conversations with Dr. Mercola -- Part 6 of 7
- Tips for when clients have difficulty accessing their feelings
- EFT Speeds Rehabilitation and Physical Therapy: Irene Mitchell Update
- How To Tell In Advance Whether An EFT Practitioner Has Sufficient Skill in EFT
- How to use EFT when the client won't reveal the issue
- Dr. Pat Carrington's "EFT At Work In A Hospital" Series
- Client has Somatic Release that involved shaking in a seizure-like fashion
- How to Build Your EFT Practice by Leveraging Your Biggest Resource
- Physical therapy like it should be--dramatic improvements in a rehab center
- When clients get overwhelmed or frustrated with EFT
- When clients can
- Conversations with Dr. Mercola -- Part 7 of 7
- The Emotional Scale in EFT Practice
- Hearing voices and multiple issues relieved: "One session of EFT does more for me than years of [conventional] therapy ever could."
- Is Your Chosen EFT Practitioner Really Helping You?
- Some thoughts about doing EFT with multilingual clients
- Curtis Steele, MD shares his thoughts and experiences using EFT in a psychiatric practice
- Good reasons for using an EFT Practitioner
- Ingrid Dinter's Box Technique for helping a client wind down when time is running out in a session
- EFT used to calm down a client during a severe seizure episode
- Working through the pain and fear in the midst of divorce
- EFT'er encourages clients to find their favorite EFT points
- Conversations with Dr. Mercola - Part 1 of 7
- EFT with a schizophrenic client
- A detailed EFT oriented session via email for a client with serious issues
- The Pros and Cons of EFT Telephone Therapy
- Did EFT help Gayla's client reduce the blockage in his arteries?
- What stops clients from pursuing their dreams?
- Surrogate EFT used to calm down a bi-polar client
- Why see an EFT practitioner?
- Fitting EFT within the client's belief system
- Limiting beliefs may limit your EFT practice
- Making A Great Impression With Your New EFT Client
- What to do when your client is beset by an "evil monster"
- Using EFT to create positive self beliefs for a client who deems herself "not good enough"
- 4 Part Series on Helping Clients with their 0-10 Accuracy
- Psychosis: Hearing Voices--EFT achieves more in one session than 13 years of medications and traditional therapy.
- Karen Donaldson Highlights Some "Slimming Down" Successes With Her Clients -- Many Side Issues Explored
- Surrogate EFT brings calming effect to Schizophrenic client
- Yet another impressive use of Surrogate EFT--this time an audience sends the client out of the room and taps for her
- The Many Factors Affecting Client Motivation and Follow Through
- If the client starts shaking...
- If your client believes that the world is run by a red elephant....
- EFT and Time Line Therapy helps 92 year old man live in the now
- How do I use EFT for the client who has many, many, many severe issues?
- Listening to this client's words led to a surprising core issue
- Successful Surrogate EFT for a Cerebral Palsy client
- Profuse bleeding stops even though client was on Coumadin (blood thinner)
- Shaking Off Negative Client Energies Between Sessions
- Adding EFT to conventional talk therapy
- EFT aids an "energy sensitive" client
- Criminal defense attorney uses EFT to help innocent client during cross-examination
- Conversations with Dr. Mercola -- Part 2 of 7
- Conversations with Dr. Mercola Part 3
- Do you attract clients that want everything for free?
- When should you consult an EFT Practitioner?
- The Apex Effect -- client cannot even remember the details of her former problem
- Dr. Patricia Carrington's use of "Choices" in the EFT Setup Phrase
- Rebecca Marina's 10 steps to building a prosperous EFT practice
- When The Client Wishes To Maintain Privacy
- An answer as to why some clients do not tap even when they know EFT will help them?
- Two successes where the client surrogate taps for other people--everyone benefits
- Tips to consider when you have had "incomplete success" with an EFT client
- Conversations with Dr. Mercola -- Part 4 of 7
- EFT Clients!
- Kinetic tremor disappears as Turkish MD addresses client's emotional issues
- 7 Step pre-tapping checklist for client work
- When the client won't speak about the issue
- Helping clients by using "Meta Programs"
- EFT Successfully Collapses Childhood Beliefs About Food -- Client Stops Overeating
- Enhancing the life of Burak -- a Down Syndrome client
- Using EFT for the client who feels bad about herself
- 8 tips for building your EFT practice with email newsletters
- Core Issues
- Blending Redecision Therapy with EFT--a creative way to uncover core issues
- Iris finds her own core issue
- Eliminating Hot Flashes With EFT Tapping -- Surprising Core Issues
- Tracing core issues back to the birth process
- The "7 Whys" method for getting to core issues
- When "insignificant" childhood events are the real core issues
- Getting To Feelings And Core Issues By Imagining You Are Writing A Story - A Version Of The EFT Tell The Story Technique
- An Impressive Search For EFT Core Issues -- Asking The Right Questions
- A self questioning method for getting to your core issues
- An extraordinary account of tapping on a prenatal core issue -- or how to change a life in moments
- In Search Of An Elusive EFT Core Issue
- Finding An EFT Core Issue -- "But What Did He Give You?"
- Barbara shares an insightful way to find core issues
- An excellent question to help find core issues
- Finding and Dealing with Core Events
- Finding core issues when someone is emotionally flat lining
- The core issue behind Carl's inability to "perform"
- Collapsing the core issues of procrastination with EFT
- A classic case for finding a core issue
- Obsession with having affairs ends after finding the core issue
- Why Cathy didn't enjoy Christmas--an embarrassing core event
- Using Tail Enders to find core issues
- A clever method for finding core issues
- MD resolves arm weakness problem by relieving an emotional core issue
- Two examples where core issues show up during an EFT session
- A Useful Way To Find Core Issues In The EFT Process
- Ilana Weiler uses the 7 Whys method for getting to core issues
- The "Audio Technique" for getting to core issues
- A clever way to find core issues
- A surprising core issue behind business call reluctance
- Using the Palace of Possibilities to uncover core issues
- Doing EFT for a newcomer without having to explain it
- Easy and Effective EFT for Newcomers
- Newbie has great results with persistent hiccoughs!
- EFT Newcomer Helps Her Daughter Relieve Constipation
- Borrowing Benefits newcomer details impressive success
- Quality advice for EFT Newbies
- How watching the EFT DVDs helped a nausea case
- EFT newbie successfully surrogates for her dying plant
- A newbie with 6 rounds of EFT eliminates her bladder infection pain
- Two Newcomer EFT Tapping Successes: Fainting And Shyness
- A newbie dropped pounds at a time she usually gained
- Relative Newbie's First Major Tapping Toe Stub - Foot Pain Issue
- Newbie quiets her daughter
- Using EFT
- Using EFT to increase blood platelet count--an article with far reaching implications
- Using EFT for old and frail people
- Easy stress reducer using EFT with statements like, "The world is conspiring in my favor"
- 11 year old girl finds lost cell phone using EFT
- Using EFT for our illiterate and semi-literate brothers and sisters
- Using EFT for struggling students with ADD
- Using EFT to Trade the Market
- A successful case of using EFT for candida yeast infections
- Persistence worked when using EFT at the first signs of a cold
- Using EFT to advance your business
- Using EFT for world crises
- Using EFT for clearing poltergeist energy
- After using EFT, Paul's 84 year old mum recovered very quickly from a surgical operation
- Using EFT for a choking emergency
- Using EFT to neutralize "family differences"
- Using EFT to release the pain of saying goodbye
- Using EFT for clearing clutter and organizing your life
- Using EFT for Poison Ivy
- Using EFT over the phone for on-the-spot issues
- Thoughts on using EFT for procrastination
- Using EFT for "Everything is my fault!"
- A guy thing: Tips on using EFT for male ED
- Using EFT for Tachycardia
- Using EFT for Chemotherapy symptoms
- An encouraging example of using EFT for Crohn's Disease
- Using EFT for an ailing pony
- Using EFT for wrinkles - An alternative to Botox?
- Using EFT to overcome the resistance to exercise
- Using EFT while you are in an argument
- Using EFT for Chronic Problems
- Heaviness in both legs disappears after using EFT on "These Growing Pains"
- Some thoughts on using EFT for personal peace
- Using EFT for the Holidays
- How to Handle Self Sabotage by Using EFT
- Using EFT from pre-birth to the present
- Using EFT to enhance persuasion skills
- Using EFT with our "internal parents"
- Using EFT for spiritual issues
- Using EFT to Create
- Success by using EFT while reading our Newsletter articles
- A subtle, yet powerful self-image benefit from using EFT
- Suggestions for using EFT with a Mother
- Using EFT for Alzheimer's disease
- Many benefits in 3 months using EFT's Personal Peace Procedure
- Using EFT for Muscular Dystrophy
- Some tips when using EFT by yourself
- Using EFT to bring up core memories
- Using EFT for Herpes
- Using EFT on Asperger
- Using EFT for Jet Lag--even with 4 time changes
- Using EFT to manifest your goal more easily
- Using EFT with a Skeptic
- Using EFT for Premature Ejaculation
- Using EFT with computers, web-cameras and microphones
- Using EFT to cut "energetic cords" of attachment to people
- Using EFT for Goal Setting
- Using EFT for motivation to exercise
- Using EFT to avoid tears while chopping onions
- Using EFT to reclaim our personal power
- Using EFT for inanimate objects may point to your own issues
- Using EFT to avert an amputation
- A method for using EFT regarding the "difficult people" in your life.
- Using EFT to relieve a cold sore (Herpes HSV-1)
- Using EFT to learn foreign language pronunciation
- Specific couple techniques using EFT
- Using EFT with a Survivor of Domestic Violence
- Using EFT to better enjoy certain foods and expand sensory experience
- Using EFT for forgiveness
- Using EFT with A Course in Miracles teachings
- Using EFT for racial prejudice
- Lifelong car sickness disappears--but only after using EFT on the real issue
- Using EFT to bring us back into balance during challenging situations
- Using EFT for a clogged ear
- Follow up on "Using EFT to avert an amputation"
- Using EFT for Trigeminal Neuralgia
- Using EFT for changing habits and more
- Using EFT in singing lessons
- Using EFT to Enhance Bedroom Romance
- Using EFT to find (and collapse) a limiting belief
- Using EFT for mother issues
- Using EFT for Plantar Fasciitis
- Using EFT for Dreamwork
- Using EFT for Marathon Training and difficult things to do
- Using EFT when a specific word triggers you
- Using EFT to support the In Vitro Fertilization (IVF) process
- Using EFT to regain Laurence's sense of taste.
- Big benefits from using EFT on an "irrelevant memory"
- Tips and strategies for using EFT with Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD)
- Using EFT to reduce our judgment of others
- Using EFT in the Emergency Room: Raging bladder infection subsides
- Q & A Series on using EFT
- Using EFT to start the day
- Passing a driving test using EFT - a case with many aspects
- Using EFT for your Biggest Problem
- Ideas for those using EFT to further their own personal development
- Using EFT on imaginary parts
- Classic case of using EFT for the child within
- Using EFT with massage
- Using EFT within a unique form of meditation
- Using EFT for a stroke and other issues -- In praise of the 9-gamut procedure
- Using EFT to eliminate recurring dreams
- Using EFT for Self-Doubt
- Using EFT to say Good-Bye to a dying person
- Using EFT to release "the decision to be miserable"
- Using EFT for the Inner Child
- Using EFT with a dementia patient: A touching story
- Using EFT over the phone
- Using EFT for bothersome noises
- Using EFT to easily learn another language
- Benefits of using EFT in a cardiac group
- Tapping on TREEs -- a metaphor for using EFT
- Using EFT for the "Grey Life Syndrome"
- Using EFT to resolve issues in your dreams
- Using EFT to build emotional strength in overwhelming circumstances
- Using EFT for Menopause, Hot flashes and Chills
- Using EFT for Scleroderma
- Using EFT for preventing illness
- Using EFT for Self-Confidence in a specific area
- Using EFT for overcoming procrastination
- Personal Pleasure Procedure - Using EFT to improve your romantic life
- Using EFT for a double ankle sprain
- Using EFT for Abundance releases limiting beliefs
- Using EFT to rejuvenate a withered plant
- Using EFT for Procrastination
- Marielle discovers a lifetime core issue while using EFT for a bad cough
- Using EFT for the side effects of Medications
- Using EFT for feeling like a failure
- Using EFT for cerebral palsy
- Using EFT for emphysema
- A Lesson in EFT Intuition--Letting it flow through you
- EFT brings relief for ALS
- How to tell others about EFT
- Some thoughts on when to use "I choose" vs. "I prefer"
- EFT for changing entrenched habits
- Experts point to dramatic changes in brain waves as a result of EFT
- Continuous tapping resolves an intense abreaction
- Did 20 minutes of EFT straighten bones that had knitted improperly 50 years before?
- EFT and the right to be happy
- EFT for feeling unqualified to be successful
- EFT relieves a case of the Hiccups
- EFT for facing those who caused you pain
- Did EFT bring this man out of a coma?
- "It was impossible for the testicle to descend on its own."
- The Merits of Daily Tapping
- Is it safe to change?
- Processing your life's key words with EFT
- Brain dumping with EFT to get started on global issues
- EFT helps salesman double his sales
- An EFT Procrastination case
- From a 38 B to a 38 D/DD while losing 20 pounds
- Thoughts on Psychological Reversal from Rue Hass -- with an ADD example
- Gratitude tapping
- EFT in Kenya
- Are you suppressing your EFT talents?
- EFT as a cure for boredom
- Improving intimate moments with EFT
- Dispersing 50 years worth of suppressed emotion
- A brief heat exhaustion case
- Messages from an oven
- How Dawn Norton used EFT to collapse her own "horror" issue
- Five-for-one benefits from an introductory EFT group
- Making EFT a routine
- Using "Inner Dialogues" with EFT
- EFT relieves an unusual
- How I grew my bustline with EFT
- An 8 year old boy with very strange eating habits finds a new menu with EFT
- Jeff Lipnick uses EFT to keep from blacking out
- EFT, ED and related bedroom issues
- Daily tapping lowers blood sugar
- Borrowing Benefits while watching The EFT Course
- Who do YOU think you are?
- Headache relief over the phone
- Claude improves his fishing
- Using humor with EFT
- How to handle a "vague feeling" with EFT
- Eight Easy Ways to Remember to Do EFT
- Tapping to improve your intuition
- The acute sinusitis case that wouldn't budge until....
- It's never too late to clear useless childhood beliefs
- EFT for the emotional aspects of a Cesarean Section
- Ten steps to changing your limiting responses to a falling economy
- EFT for stammering
- Dr. Barr used EFT after cutting off the tip of his thumb
- Judi thinks that doing EFT for others helped her - winning in Las Vegas
- Borrowing Benefits with EFT improves communication at a committee meeting
- Thoughts about inheriting illness from our ancestors
- Twelve years of facial numbness eliminated with 2 rounds of EFT
- MD Applies EFT to Successfully Relieve Urethral Pain
- Borrowing Benefits: My Jury has returned with a verdict
- How to Identify and Correct Psychological Reversals
- Dr. Carol Look's Top 10 Tapping Tips
- How do I introduce EFT to skeptics? (Building Bridges to Believability)
- Why do people resist EFT?
- What would happen if this problem wasn't there any more?
- Wisdom from Mair Llewellyn regarding the "Writing on our Walls"
- Incorporating EFT into Corporate Programs
- EFT -- a quality aid for Shingles
- Strong correlation found between EFT and Dr. Emoto's work with water
- EFT and The Power of Reframing
- EFT and insights (cognitive change)
- Giving more meaning to the 0-10 intensity rating
- Letting intuition flow with EFT
- A lesson in "letting go"
- Can we learn to be grateful no matter what?
- Improve your EFT sessions by waking up your senses
- Severe lung congestion clears with persistent daily EFT
- Was prostate cancer really the cause of Sam's Low Libido?
- EFT for the Sensitive Person -- Awakening the Wild Pony Within
- EFT helps release nervousness before an important meeting
- Impressive results with autism
- Releasing chaotic behavior through EFT
- EFT hat dance
- Deserving to live -- an intense memory resolved
- EFT helps with hair loss, facial blemishes, hay fever, smoking and PMS
- Expert gives us an inside look at Group EFT
- Baerbel Borrows Benefits in her own EFT group and dissolves her creative blocks
- When EFT Doesn't Seem to Work
- Motion sickness averted through "Chasing the Pain."
- More on EFT and Reframing by Tania Prince
- Consistent and Impressive results from EFT group work
- Gordon was in a psychiatric hospital for two years and was released two weeks after one EFT session
- How feelings in the body are related to emotional clearing
- EFT for the Inner Child
- EFT for food poisoning
- Two cases of doing EFT in public without looking silly
- Improving romantic openness and enjoyment with EFT
- EFT for Reactive Attachment Disorder (RAD) - "You can't make me!"
- EFT brings beauty to a hospice setting
- EFT collapses competing thoughts and thus aids The Law of Attraction
- How to transform disappointment into gratitude
- EFT Question Tapping
- Helping a 97 year old man to die peacefully
- Successful EFT phone work makes major shifts for overwhelmed mother
- Thoughts on resolving difficult physical problems
- A unique way to expand EFT
- EFT removes a pesky "phantom itch"
- Tips for conducting intensive EFT sessions -- a several day case regarding Bulimia
- Create acceptance of your life with EFT
- Clearing a food aversion in 5 minutes
- What would appear to be the main issue may not be so
- How long should the flu last?
- EFT for making your voice stronger
- A new kind of mosquito relief?
- Try fork bending with EFT
- A clever approach to finding core memories
- An adventure within the Palace of Possibilities
- Injured toe gains relief using two important EFT concepts
- Sarah Jordan makes progress after realizing a childhood need
- Aiming EFT at our Future
- What to do when the "Bedroom Spark" goes out
- Tap on experiences that are stuck in parts of your body
- The young woman who kept quitting her jobs
- How to create empowering reframes (seeing things differently) with EFT
- Praise for tapping along with the EFT DVDs
- EFT for a spider (and mosquito) bite
- EFT helps Elaine learn the clarinet at 50
- Two stories to create a bridge between your audience and EFT
- Two cases: Putting on needed pounds with EFT & Holding water for an ultrasound
- Mom doing EFT for autistic son yields enormous changes in one month
- A touching story about Michael, his ailing aunt and EFT
- EFT and sex
- A "Hard to Swallow" case
- Healing the "Missing Mother Syndrome" with EFT
- Borrowing Benefits from Sacramento to the United Kingdom
- Quadriplegic feels "bubbles" during EFT session
- When you are in traffic and REALLY have to pee....
- Many benefits from watching our EFT-Beyond the Basics DVDs
- Technical evidence of the link between emotional causes and physical ailments
- Borrowing Benefits and an Acute Respiratory Disorder
- Attracting Abundance by Shifting Your Energy
- Finding the root of the problem
- Thoughts on dealing with corporations
- MD provides secretary with "The Incredible Shrinking Hemorrhoids"
- Lindsay Kenny answers Frequently Asked Questions about EFT
- About Voice Technology...
- Nothing in my traditional medical training in Anatomy, Physiology or Pathology even hinted at what I am now witnessing (with EFT) - Chuck Gebhardt, MD
- More successful cases from Dr. Eric Robins
- Can EFT tele-classes cause problems for some participants?
- EFT approaches for "Loose Ligaments" that can apply to countless other issues
- Asking good questions to elicit tappable issues
- EFT for elderly people who stuff their feelings
- EFT with hypnosis provides long term benefits for abandonment issue
- Have you noticed the important feedback you get while doing EFT?
- Leslie Anne Lackman successfully uses humor and takes aim at neuropeptides
- EFT for disliking someone shifts resentments to acceptance -- a major result
- Combining EFT with Dialoguing for impressive results
- Did Karen
- EFT for those who grind their teeth
- Healing the wounded Inner Child with EFT
- EFT after a horrible nightmare
- 25 Ways to be a Fantastic Therapist
- Knocking down the negative walls to let the garden grow - a tale of fertility
- Using movies to enhance and test our work.
- When Your Intensity Level Goes UP Instead Of Down With EFT
- Combining EFT with Timelines
- 10 minutes of EFT put 10 years of Restless Leg Syndrome (RLS) to rest
- EFT stops a blood blister from forming
- Taking the edge off intense emotions--Putting them in a box and tapping on them
- Tapping with good photos and bad photos
- Improving the ability to laugh with EFT
- A tapping song
- EFT on autopilot
- EFT resolves limiting childhood beliefs
- Medical transcriptionist says that in thousands of serious medical cases, she never saw a cure for anyone
- A short woman no longer feels intimidated around tall people after one EFT session
- Tapping along with a prayer
- Rapid Relief for Herpes
- Peak Performance Series
- A solid "Doing Business with EFT" idea from Rebecca Marina
- Emphatic EFT dramatically shifts many things--use this on stubborn issues
- EFT for eliminating barriers to our psychic abilities (and intuition)
- Using onomatopoeias with EFT
- Roxy gets multiple "Bedroom O's" with EFT
- EFT for severe cerebral palsy
- Rue Hass blends EFT with the wisdom of
- A woman with scoliosis finds balance with EFT - follow-up included
- EFT and Ho'oponopono
- Blood improves after a few minutes of EFT
- Thoughts on mental tapping and reframing
- Tapping back your sense of taste when you have a cold or flu
- Feeling and observing emotions
- EFT engages inner child to relieve indigestion (dyspepsia).
- Eric no longer hears voices
- EFT assists Polio patient
- EFT for eliminating hiccups changes a skeptic
- EFT eases nausea
- EFT is helpful when you are afraid to speak up in bed
- How racism can lead to health problems and what to do about it
- EFT helps a Premature Ejaculation (PE) problem
- Laura Orchard uses EFT during a dream
- Bedroom frustration resolved - including follow-ups
- Suzanne Lerner gives her thoughts on diagnosis
- Building confidence and releasing the inner critic
- Why do we sometimes avoid tapping?
- Resolving emotional causes for erectile dysfunction
- EFT substantially aids swallowing problem
- Methods for working with pain
- Borrowing Benefits for a seemingly unrelated issue
- Questions on PR as well as possible dangers. (Other responses follow)
- Tuning in to the problem
- EFT in Daily Life
- Cold Calling: "I'm a second-class citizen, and I have to keep my mouth shut!"
- It is your response that counts.
- Improve your success rate by asking the right questions
- Interview with Gary regarding EFT and yeast problems
- I simply could not dance with Gary!!
- This is simply priceless to a mother of a 16 year old
- A Useful Method for "Private Tapping"
- EFT for the mental game of poker
- Methods for getting to deep issues, even in a group setting
- Using silent tapping in cases where speaking out loud is too loony
- Taking "The Secret" for a walk with EFT
- Removing the blocks to your goals with EFT
- Manifesting the life of your dreams with EFT
- Can EFT be used to manifest what you want in your life?
- Inner Child Expert uses EFT for her own healing
- Symptoms quickly fade for a child with a Bi-Polar Diagnosis
- The "Gratitude for My Mistakes" method
- Professional writer uses EFT to overcome writer's block
- EFT helps a bullied woman stay at her job
- Talking to Christians About EFT
- Warming up to "cold calls" with EFT
- An interesting way to do EFT in a group
- EFT for discomfort with networking - an interesting solution
- The Value of Matching and Pacing Belief Systems in Group Training
- Do you have difficulty receiving positive feelings from others?
- A Conversation With Your Body
- EFT provides benefits using Future Tapping
- A New Moment in Science -- useful EFT article for distribution
- What the Bleep do We Know about EFT?
- Curse words aid the clearing of emotional issues
- The Human Brain and Law of Attraction: Optimizing Brain Function with EFT
- Try a motivational Power Hour to improve your business
- Let it be easy
- Banishing the Barriers to having a thriving EFT business
- How to handle emotions about the cheating spouse
- Cascade tapping
- EFT turned Masha into a runner - an interesting side effect
- 200 people watch as EFT improves Range of Motion for a Nurse's arm
- Blending NLP with EFT
- More thoughts about stopping colds with EFT
- An MD successfully uses EFT on a Hiatal Hernia and Candidiasis
- Technical article: Influencing peptides with EFT
- Can You Influence Another Person To Use EFT If They Are Reluctant To Do So?
- EFT for faulty beliefs
- EFT and Reframing using Counter-Examples
- What do you do for friends who incessantly bend your ear while venting their problems?
- EFT for people who go blank when asked to speak
- EFT for sciatica and a 6 year old wounded thumb
- EFT helps a young musician stop shaking
- Tapping with a poem as inspiration
- EFT helps a boy who has many health challenges
- Barb St. Dennis had severe Hepatitis C but now has completely normal blood tests
- Using a metaphor to handle stubborn emotional issues
- Treating negative beliefs with EFT
- Who do YOU think you are?
- An EFT method for installing new behaviors
- Two ways to use EFT for Restless Leg Syndrome
- Did EFT cure Lupus?
- Insights on Borrowing Benefits with EFT
- Hearing the energy shift while doing EFT
- A clever combination of tapping and visualization
- Introducing EFT to kids by way of their "magic fingers"
- EFT for Celiac disease -- no symptoms for 4 months and counting
- EFT and "being the bee"
- EFT helps a serious infection - the redness subsides before their eyes
- Feeling woosy from Alcohol
- Erica gets a complete overhaul through EFT
- A common sense procedure for getting EFT results
- A Useful Series on Borrowiing Benefits
- EFT methods: Questions, One-Point-EFT and Mental EFT
- Tapping via typing--email sessions
- The Vibration of Abundance
- MD uses EFT for common colds and canker sores
- Rhythm, Pulse & Percussion In Tapping Treatments
- A clever "Chasing the Pain" case
- Acupuncturist gives his view of EFT and Classical Chinese Medical Aspects
- Thoughts on EFT and Intention
- EFT methods for "Smokers Lung" that apply to most chronic conditions
- Can EFT fix a computer?
- A very useful method for getting to important issues
- EFT for an aversion to stuff that disgusts you
- Karen helped her father recover the use of his fingers after a stroke
- EFT for feeling overly responsible
- Tell your friends, there is, at last, a cure for the common cold!
- Positively adjusting the perceptions of others with EFT
- A clever combo of EFT and Essences
- Paralysis finally overcome after everything else failed
- An important case on aspects--Martin's learning challenge
- EFT relieves "incurable" Restless Leg Syndrome (RLS)
- How a physician uses EFT
- EFT for Boredom and Loneliness
- Low Libido is not always as simple as it appears
- Facial paralysis clears in one
- EFT for the complexities of a single, dating life
- Dawson Church successfully applies EFT for his episode of gout
- Persistent, quality EFT adds 5 inches to Gillian's bust line
- Taking EFT into the Corporate Market
- Did EFT keep Wayne from getting more grey hair?
- Expanding Your Comfort Zones: The key to your success
- Ten minutes of EFT restores healthy performance in the bedroom - eliminates the need for the little blue pill
- Resolving nightmares...and more
- Aiming EFT at the FUTURE
- A journey through an important piece of our "newthink."
- Addressing the "Why Bother?" syndrome
- Creating a happy future
- How to have a happy day
- An experiment on how EFT statements affect our bodies
- Three possible reframes for people struggling with sadness
- Did Erika
- Tap while listening to music that makes you cry
- EFT helps calm an autistic boy after he accidentally hurt his mother
- Untangling two events with EFT leads to business freedom
- Louise's skeptical dad warmed up to EFT
- Tapping for the United Nations
- EFT helps with repulsed feelings about unwanted advances
- 3 Items and some Holiday advice
- Phobia relief on TV in the UK
- EFT appears favorably in a German TV sitcom
- Gwyneth Moss discusses Support for Therapists
- Collapsing a lifelong belief that her mother had tried to harm her in the womb
- How do you do EFT to fit a time slot?
- Clearing clutter for clarity and confidence
- "God Tapping"
- Loving your feminine body
- Having trouble "letting go" in the bedroom
- Getting EFT Blocks and Barriers out of the way - a list of questions
- EFT fixes car to pass inspection
- Ted Robinson's tips for doing Borrowing Benefits groups
- Visualizing and tapping on limiting beliefs
- Ann Adams on getting EFT accepted by Institutions
- Eliminating shingles pain in 1/2 hour
- Why People Sometimes Have Negative Feelings After Doing EFT
- Tapping while traveling can improve your mood
- EFT calms elderly woman
- For the skeptics--Is EFT a placebo?
- Marie's "molestation secret"
- Persistent EFT helps with unnecessary worry and a feeling of always being responsible -- many side issues collapse as well
- A quality look at "The Apex Effect"
- Psychiatrist relieves sexual exhibitionism with EFT--4 year follow-up
- Tap and be rich
- EFT helps relieve blushing
- Quickie pain relief--A "one point wonder".
- Helping mother and her unborn baby with EFT
- Daily EFT creates calm under explosive family circumstances
- EFT assists conception
- Using Role Playing With EFT
- MD uses EFT for a demented woman
- Gayle Waxon learns to stop her own epileptic seizures with EFT
- Does language matter when doing EFT?
- Using the term "somehow..." within the EFT process
- Blending EFT with Homeopathy
- The many benefits of EFT circles--and how to do them
- Why does tapping on the side of the hand work?
- EFT for a numb face and tongue - instant relief for a skeptic
- Suzanne Zacharia finds the root causes of Multiple Chemical Sensitivity (MCS)
- EFT to help heal fruit trees - a major new business waiting to happen?
- Mental Dental EFT - for the dentist and the patient
- Sneaking Up On The Problem When You Do EFT
- EFT enhances many things
- EFT for bladder control when on the road
- Silent Night Sadness -- when certain music gives you the blues
- Mary Pellicer, MD, on Intuitive Diagnosis
- EFT provides instant relief for Poison Ivy itching
- Quieting down an elderly stroke victim in a nursing home
- Three Keys to EFT Mastery
- Painful mastitis clears after EFT
- How to get non-profit organizations to host EFT group meetings--and pay you as well
- A creative approach to psychological reversal
- EFT as a morning eye-opener
- EFT for night time trips to the bathroom--including follow-up
- EFT for resistance to doing EFT
- "I have to lie constantly to live my life as I know it"
- Further bridges to our history
- Stress and Me and EFT
- Gratitude and Coach Ben Hammerschmidt
- EFT and Nightmares
- A successful use of EFT for Hasimoto
- Five extreme behavior patterns related to organizing and how to address them with EFT
- Your Vibration Always Comes First
- EFT and future pacing
- EFT for people who are sensitive
- EFT for painful cramping
- WHO AM I NOW??? How Identity Issues Block Abundance
- Kelly Meisak uses a unique approach for her ADD prone brother
- This lady had not been out of her house for two years because she suffered from chronic burping
- Reiki Master uses EFT in the Republic of Mauritius
- Creating a remarkable bridge to our former history
- Here's a textbook EFT case for using persistence, reframes, chasing the pain, metaphors and creative language
- Carol Look Shows us How to Release Procrastination with EFT
- Helpful hints for the Holidays.
- EFT and visible changes in physical appearance
- EFT assists young boy in taking his Ringworm medicine
- EFT works for cellulitis on 3 separate occasions
- Connecting to our Birthright of Fertility
- How to tap into the
- Tapping for being "able, willing and worthy" may help boost EFT results
- Creating positive affirmations with EFT and your senses
- EFT for painful menopause symptoms
- An interesting EFT approach for getting beyond "glass ceilings"
- EFT using teddy bears
- Victoria's 10-day EFT blood pressure experiment results
- EFT and The Law of Attraction - A Perfect Match
- Tapping with tunes
- Do you have emotional difficulty with the standard EFT phrasing?
- Jewels in the junkyard--the prison population
- EFT improves a mentally disabled young man
- Can You Do EFT With Eyes Closed?
- Not finding the right words for EFT is a block that can be overcome
- High blood pressure recedes - and remains normal a week later
- Deborah Miller beautifully reframes an assault issue into a new personal identity
- Relief for Bashful Bladder
- When Positive is Negative - Accepting Your Light
- Tapping through a beginning seizure
- Teresa Knezek treats her own Borderline Personality Disorder (BPD) -- including a 3 year followup
- Raising your metabolism with EFT
- When EFT gives only temporary results
- Katie's posture and her many emotional issues
- When conflicting beliefs keep us stuck
- Rehana Webster teaches the details behind a successful blushing case
- Resentment gets in the way of abundance
- Changing a man's life with EFT--including pain, emotions and bedroom romance
- EFT in the snow -- creating comfort in the cold
- Stopping the flu in its early stages
- "How do I get really good at EFT?"
- EFT is effective despite language barriers
- Shingle symptoms gone in just two EFT sessions
- Two examples where working on one issue provides relief for another
- Important EFT topic: Doing the best we can
- Useful thoughts on integrating EFT within the military
- Eckhart Tolle
- Daily uses of EFT with A Course in Miracles (ACIM)
- EFT for helping a mother bond with her child
- How EFT unclogged my toilet
- The Inner Committee
- Can we affect inanimate objects better with EFT? - Rebecca's engine light
- A humorous reply to an EFT skeptic
- EFT enhances math scores
- Praise for EFT from a Buddhist Monk
- EFT calms an autistic boy in school
- Cognitive Shifts (Belief Changes) That Work
- EFT: The Gift to Unwrap and Use before the Holidays!
- Another successful hiccoughs (hiccups) case
- Did EFT help relieve menopause symptoms?
- EFT for addressing what happened in your day -- use it daily for solid long term benefits
- EFT for economic stress -- using "I prefer peace"
- A Psychologist in India uses EFT for suicide intervention
- Demonstrating EFT to a mental health support team
- How to remember your dreams with EFT
- New Uses for EFT
- EFT helps alleviate several issues associated with infidelity
- Using Galvanic Skin Response to validate EFT
- NLP procedures enhance anyone's delivery of EFT
- "Helpless to get what I want" - Using intuition to get at important issues
- MD writes article on Emotions, Energy, and Healing
- Tapping on "what didn
- An aneurism left a man's hand shaking, unable to write for 12 years.
- How to use EFT with your dreams to collapse important emotional issues
- Resolving two bothersome tics with EFT
- Saying "goodbye" with the
- An at risk coronary patient has normal arteries and flawless angiogram after persistent EFT for two months
- Tapping while responding to a nasty comment from the past
- EFT for looking forward instead of backwards
- How Do You Know You Are Benefiting From EFT Much As You Can?
- EFT and the taming of the tongue
- Gwyneth Moss on The Importance of Rehearsal in an EFT session
- How do you feel ABOUT your body having pain?
- Was this a negative reaction to EFT?
- Many benefits from tapping on a prayer
- Future tapping to get what you want
- How to get EFT into Schools
- EFT collapses seasickness and Rosa becomes the life of the party
- What is your body trying to tell you?
- An extraordinary example of the real power of EFT's Borrowing Benefits procedure -- a bridge phobia disappears "behind the scenes"
- EFT for past life issues
- EFT for Body Dysmorphic Disorder (BDD) and a host of other issues
- Prenatal EFT improves hemoglobin count with before and after test
- Getting to the real reason behind Janet's "bedroom inhibitions"
- Tapping on gratitude for EFT
- After EFT, Kay
- A procedure for dealing with the resistance to heal
- To Lead or Not to Lead...
- Looking waaay in the past for the cause of a physical symptom
- Overcoming a lifelong fruit revulsion and some side benefits
- One person
- EFT's Borrowing Benefits collapses 36 issues in 2.5 hours
- Problems that are difficult to assess in the here and now. (Several responses follow)
- A tapping tip to lighten the load
- Borrowing Benefits gets impressive results on TV
- Re-evaluating the Apex problem
- Handling vertigo symptoms over the phone
- Food stuck in the throat goes down easily after EFT
- In Praise of Continual Tapping
- Scientific evolution of EFT from TFT
- Does EFT compete with God?
- How to Get Into Businesses and Organizations By Getting Welcomed Through the Back Door
- EFT on the move -- for busy people
- EFT for Speech Loss following a Stroke
- Discovering the cause of humming in the ears
- Thoughts on an emergency tapping point
- The value of taking dead aim at the negatives
- Circumcision at the root of writer's block
- The Salesman who didn't want to cold call
- Try EFT on everything--even an oncoming fainting spell
- EFT helps an 8 year old with a concussion
- Am I a failure at EFT if there is no miracle?
- Surprising insights than can occur while tapping
- Healing families with EFT - a historical approach
- A physicist speaks
- Why couldn't Jason make a simple decision?
- A New Way to Express Gratitude with EFT
- Resolving many impediments to a satisfactory "bedroom experience"
- Sometimes slowing down EFT can provide quality benefits
- MD uses EFT to clear many issues in 15 minutes
- A simple way to handle Shingles -- no drugs involved
- EFT for severe MSG reaction
- Finding the real issues behind what appeared to be a "Bedroom Romance" problem
- Clever use of EFT clears issues for baby, mother and grandmother - follow-up included
- Did Mary
- Calming effects of EFT during an emergency on an airplane
- EFT brings benefits for leaky gut syndrome and ASD (a form of autism)
- EFT clears nausea - but not in the expected way
- Stronger orgasms with EFT
- Persistence and EFT homework help a woman embrace her femininity
- A quality use of our Borrowing Benefits DVDs
- Some thoughts on secondary gains - and what to do about them
- Including the word
- EFT improves hearing by 25%
- Successful EFT without knowing the details
- Psychiatrist gets to the real reason his patient couldn't say "NO"
- An EFT Meditation
- Critical Questioning While Doing EFT
- MD uses EFT to treat Sjogren
- Many successes doing
- Jo Huntsman takes EFT into her own hands and has success with Lupus like symptoms
- A metaphor for introducing EFT
- EFT in a plane for scary facial paralysis - a doctor on board said it was Bell
- EFT enhances the "Artist's Way" work
- Do we need to heal the past so that we can move into the future?
- Are you getting the most out of EFT?
- The benefits of tapping along with our DVDs--core memories uncovered
- Allowing EFT to come THROUGH you rather than BY you
- How to know when the healing is done
- Clearing past issues from the walls of our mind
- The ABC approach to EFT
- Ideas for winding up EFT sessions
- Metaphors, Humour and EFT
- Use EFT when you are afraid to speak up
- Success via tapping on a two-sided conflict
- Validating EFT with Neurofeedback
- Did EFT clear a 90% blocked artery?
- After 9 years suffering with polycystic ovary syndrome, Jenn finds relief with EFT
- EFT for forgetting lines in a school play
- EFT for calming while being strapped down on a hospital gurney
- Acupuncturist uses EFT and eliminates her own shingles in three days
- For those who have difficulty telling left from right
- Marketing EFT as a business--Cultivating important Centers of Influence (COI)
- Learning, intelligence and "emotional static"
- Psychiatric Nurse gives pointers for dealing with severe emotional disorders
- Borrowing Benefits in the Criminal Justice System
- The "proper words" to use for the EFT Set-up Statement
- Borrowing Benefits hastens the healing of mystery thumb sores
- Breaking habits
- Relaxing a dying man
- We are babes crawling on the floor of the Universe
- Susan de Tarr eliminates her 54 year old motion sickness in 10 minutes
- How to convince an entire audience about EFT
- Psychiatrist relieves sexual exhibitionism with EFT--4 year follow-up
- Emotion and Perception: EFT makes it a two way street
- EFT on an inanimate object: The car that wouldn't start
- Combining EFT with Humor
- EFT helps remove "stuck ring"
- Key Concepts in Mastering EFT
- Being Specific
Table of Contents Help
The tabs on the right are shortcuts to where you have been:
- Previous Screen
- Previous Articles
- Previous Categories
- Start Page
- Hide Entire Menu
Swiping to the left will take you to the previous screen.
The folder icon indicates that more content is available. Click on the icon or the associated text, or swipe to the right to see the additional content.
Articles & Ideas
A Useful Series on Borrowiing Benefits
Important Note: This article was written prior to 2010 and is now outdated. Please use my newest advancement, Optimal EFT. It is more efficient, more powerful and clearly explained in my free e-book, The Unseen Therapist™. Best wishes, Gary
In this series, we are going to expand on the Borrowing Benefits concept and visit the impressive results gained thus far. We will get "behind the scenes" of this fascinating process and discuss not only its fine points and how-to's but its caveats and possibilities as well. If you are not familiar with the Borrowing Benefits concept click here for a detailed explanation.
Part 1: Introduction and Impressive Statistics
Part 2: Getting to very deep issues
Part 3: How to approach a 100% success rate
Part 4: Success using video sessions
Part 5: Many benefits from one workshop
Part 6: Guidelines for Borrowing Benefits workshops
Borrowing Benefits Series - Part 1:
Introduction and Impressive Statistics
If I had my way about it, every healing practitioner in the world would be required to learn EFT's Borrowing Benefits procedures. It would be a mandatory course in Universities and no health oriented licensing board would issue a license without the licensee demonstrating skills in this vital process.
That's not just a dream or an idle thought. I think it is virtually certain that Borrowing Benefits (or some version of it) will someday take this kind of prominent place within the healing arena. Those who attended our recent Borrowing Benefits workshops would certainly agree. There is nothing like it...anywhere.
It isn't perfect. It doesn't completely clear everyone's issues.... on every topic.... forever. There's even a significant caveat regarding its proper use (explained next time). But what it DOES do goes way beyond anything I know of in the emotional healing fields. With it we can substantially reduce.... or completely clear.... unwanted emotional issues for a roomful of people at once. And with those clearings come new levels of personal peace, fewer physical ailments and a gentler, kinder planet.
I have now delivered Borrowing Benefits to over 600 people in 7 audiences ranging from 15 to 170 attendees. This article, and the series to follow, are designed to give you the results from those audiences as well as the motivation to apply this procedure for others.
You can also apply it to yourself NOW. You don't have to wait for a Borrowing Benefits workshop or a specialized video set. You need only pick a bothersome SPECIFIC EVENT from your past and tap along with some of the full length sessions already appearing on our video sets.
Here's an overview of our recent Borrowing Benefits workshops (statistics to follow).
In Borrowing Benefits we bring a volunteer up on stage for a live session on an emotional issue of their choosing. We reduce that issue down to the SPECIFIC EVENTS underlying the larger issue and tap on those. Each member of the audience then writes down a SPECIFIC EVENT of their own that may or may not be related to the on-stage issue (usually it is NOT related). Then, while I work with the person on-stage, the audience members tap along with us. They tap the same points and say the same words as though they were the person on stage. When the session is over everyone revisits their SPECIFIC EVENTS and compares its intensity with the intensity existing before the Borrowing Benefits session.
I have completed over 30 such on-stage Borrowing Benefits sessions with a wide range of issues (no two issues were the same). After each session, I asked the audience two questions. The first question was....
"How many of you experienced a noticeable improvement in the SPECIFIC EVENT you tapped on?"
For most healing procedures, a 30% positive response under these group circumstances would be considered impressive and a 50% result would fall into the WOW category. By contrast, the worst result I received when I asked that question of our Borrowing Benefits audiences was........80%. Most of the time 90% to 95% of the audience raised their hands.
The second question I asked was....
"Of those who had noticeable improvement, how many went from a relatively high number to zero"
I consistently received a 40% to 50% response to that question. Sometimes I asked attendees the next morning to tune in to the SPECIFIC EVENT for which they had Borrowed Benefits on the previous day. Because a little time went by for further resolution, the percentages of those who went to zero rose to around 60%.
On the last of my 4 day Borrowing Benefits workshops in Flagstaff, Arizona, I asked the audience to keep a worksheet of their 0-10 intensities (SUDS rating) both BEFORE and AFTER working on them via Borrowing Benefits. This way we would have a clear written record, rather than just raised hands.
Unfortunately, I didn't make clear that they were to be handed in at the end of the workshop. As a result, some of the attendees discarded their worksheets or had them packed in suitcases before the closing moments of the workshop. Nonetheless, we still had 98 worksheets out of 160 people...an appropriately representative sample. These 98 worksheets represented 692 SPECIFIC EVENTS.
Please note that this "experiment" was not performed in pristine scientific fashion and thus did not use control groups or other rigorous data-gathering procedures. It was just simply people estimating their personal results from Borrowing Benefits. I compiled all the numbers and sent them to Jack Rowe, PhD for statistical analysis. For those of you that are statistically oriented, the results are given below.
To me, the most telling stat revolves around the "mean" (which is listed first). Basically, it says that the average participant started with their SPECIFIC EVENTS at an intensity level of 7.33 (on a 0-10 intensity scale (SUDs)) and, after Borrowing Benefits, that intensity fell to 1.54. That is a 79% improvement for just sitting in one's seat and tapping along with someone else's issue. To my knowledge nothing in the emotional healing field comes anywhere close to that result. It stands alone and it provides impressive possibilities for both individual and group healing.
More next time.
Borrowing Benefits Statistics from the May 27-30 workshop in Flagstaff, Arizona
Borrowing Benefits Series - Part 2:
Getting to very deep issues
An unexpected and extraordinarily powerful Borrowing Benefits feature showed up at my recent workshops. For many it was a BIG bonus. For a few, however, it was quite disturbing. Accordingly, I must put forward the following caveat for those teaching or using Borrowing Benefits:
Sometimes the Borrowing Benefits process brings into awareness some deeply felt emotions (trauma, fear, guilt, etc.), the intensity of which can be serious. Thus prudence suggests that Borrowing Benefits should not be conducted without access to a skilled professional. This is particularly so for persons with known emotional or physical frailties.
In my experience, these emotions come from formerly repressed memories OR from issues that had, presumably, been "dealt with" in the past. Borrowing Benefits doesn't appear to cause them (they were already there) but it does appear to unlock them.
Interestingly, about 20% to 30% of the participants experienced this unusual intensity from an issue that came "out of the blue". In my conversations with these participants, the vast majority were thrilled that it happened. While the emotions were uncomfortable (bringing tears and other forms of anguish) they were delighted to have this issue brought out into the open. Some completely resolved it at the Borrowing Benefits workshop and others took it home with them for further work.
This feature should not be understated. Indeed, it appears to be a vitally important part of the healing process that uncovers the "BIG ONE". Once resolved, this usually results in dramatic levels of new freedom for the client.
However, a small percentage (3% is my best estimate) had some extreme intensity that they were not able to resolve during the workshop or at home. As a result, they went into a "funk" for a week or two. Such persons are clear candidates for ongoing work on deep and serious issues.
That being said, let me provide you with an actual example of this phenomenon from Maryam Webster, one of our Borrowing Benefits attendees. Maryam's story centers around a "buried event" that had burdened her all her life. She says....
"...suddenly the memory that my birth mother had tried to abort me - not once, but three separate times - burst open in my mind."
How this was handled is the subject of Maryam's important story.
By Maryam Webster
I attended the May 20-23 EFT Borrowing Benefits workshop in Flagstaff because I had been one of those therapists who'd had clients with excellent reactions to EFT but wasn't getting the reaction myself for my own issues. I realized that I wasn't personally getting anything out of the Borrowing Benefits sessions, though I'd been tapping consistently for two days.
GC COMMENT: In discussion with Maryam I learned that she wasn't making progress because SHE WASN'T BEING SPECIFIC ENOUGH. She was tapping on a specific event but the event itself was too long and needed to be broken down into its component parts e.g. the look in mother's eyes, seeing the door shut, my fear at the thought of being alone and so on. Once Maryam broke the events down into their smaller components, her results increased substantially.
MARYAM CONTINUES: As a result of my experiences in Flagstaff I have developed the following maxim...
"If necessity is the mother of invention, specificity is the mother of success."
I needed to get much more specific.
The central issue that I came to Flagstaff with was an inexplicable lifetime feeling of rejection. As a therapist myself, I'd mostly dealt with it in my own therapy process, but this feeling came up lately in preventing me from doing several things I badly needed to do - fear of rejection was a stopper for no reason I could fathom.
In one of the Flagstaff Borrowing Benefits sessions, I was tapping quite peacefully along when suddenly the memory that my birth mother had tried to abort me - not once, but three separate times - burst open in my mind.
This was not information I had known or had a faint clue might have been the case. I was adopted at birth and had been told little about my birth mother, but now I was seeing her, and seeing through her eyes. I could see the entire scene - both from within the womb as "me" and also from above and behind my birth mother. She was tremendously agitated and snarled to the midwife "Get this THING out of me. Get it the hell out!"
Me "in the present" was shocked at her intensity of emotion and remembered instantly the previous two abortive attempts, one made with an herbal drink and one with a chemical douche. This current attempt however was in the early third trimester and was made with instruments of some kind. In the womb, I distinctly felt the instrument jam into a vertebra (which I had severe trouble with later in life), and recoiled.
The midwife realized that my birthmom was further along than she said and refused to continue the abortion to conclusion. It was horribly painful both physically and emotionally to me as the fetus. I relived the whole thing in a flash during Borrowing Benefits at the conference, began to weep uncontrollably and had to leave. I tagged Loretta Sparks (an emotional assistant Gary had provided) before I left and she came outside to work with me.
Now I had horrifying and in-my-face confirmation of the reason behind feeling from childhood that I was "bad" - while my (adoptive) mother constantly told me I was a good girl. Of feeling rejected, of feeling "less than", of never feeling safe, of failing and feeling like I would never be "good enough". Loretta and I worked through the feelings of terror, of not feeling safe, tremendous rejection, and the attendant feelings of "not good enough" simply evaporated. Magic!
Like many who had similarly impactful responses, I am profoundly grateful for this experience. My gratitude centers on feeling the sense of a lifetime's heavy burden - one I didn't know existed until very recently - completely removed. The energy this has freed up has been staggering and I now have been able to do things I simply couldn't have contemplated before to do with promoting my business, feeling whole, being even sweeter and gentler to myself and increased healing for what is now a broken back - I was hit by drunk driver fifteen years ago, and it broke my back in the exact area that fetal vertebra was jabbed. Now I can feel this area, like the rest of my life, growing stronger every day. And I am very, very grateful for EFT and the Borrowing Benefits practice. This is magic made real!
Borrowing Benefits Series - Part 3:
How to approach a 100% success rate
I know that "How to approach a 100% success rate" is an aggressive title and I thought long and hard before actually committing it to print. My thoughts, however, had nothing to do with the truth of those words. Rather, I was concerned about their acceptance.
Many cannot accept this possibility because they have "bought" that 100% success rates are impossible and thus misleading to the public. Such sinister proclamations are, they think, the wayward words of charlatans and evil doers who falsely build the hopes of the hopelessly afflicted and then walk off into the sunset with their pockets filled with gold.
Please understand that what I am discussing here is NOT put forward as the ultimate cure for cancer or schizophrenia (although the door should not be closed on those possibilities). Rather, it is put forward as a highly efficient way to handle the debilitating SPECIFIC EVENTS in one's life that, in many cases, cause or contribute to everything from OCD and addictions to depression, cancer and schizophrenia.
Further, we need to define success if we are going to properly claim near 100% success rates. Thus success, for these purposes, means....
An obvious emotional improvement
in the SPECIFIC EVENT being addressed.
Often (but not always), this results in bringing the unnecessary emotional charge on the SPECIFIC EVENT down to 0.
Given this definition....AND....EFT's ability to handle SPECIFIC EVENTS, approaching 100% success rates is quite feasible.
I have been beating the drum for many years about BEING SPECIFIC with EFT. In more recent times I have urged EFT'ers to break down emotional issues into the SPECIFIC EVENTS that underlie them. When this is done, we are addressing the true causes and not just the symptoms. While there is a skill to doing this, those that have done so have watched their success rates climb impressively. They are also doing deeper, more meaningful work.
I have found, and demonstrated consistently, that applying EFT to the smallest component of a bothersome memory almost always works. In fact, I haven't failed to gain success in this way over my last 200 attempts. This idea has the potential to substantially improve EFT's success rate AND pave the way for healing in areas previously thought difficult or impossible.
This is particularly useful....even critical .... within Borrowing Benefits. Why? Because the audience members (clients) are prone to tap on global issues UNLESS they are clearly instructed to zero in on SPECIFIC EVENTS. Thus, absent proper instruction, Borrowing Benefits clients will tend to shift around within their global issue and not notice the results they are getting.
Here's more about the concept...
Most clients present their emotional issues in very global manners. They say things like, "I feel abandoned"... or..."I'm always anxious"... or... "I was an abused child"... or... "I hate my father" and so on. To them, THAT is the problem and THAT is what they ask the therapist to fix.
But, despite this perception of the client, THAT is not the problem. Instead, those feelings represent SYMPTOMS of the problem. The real problem is the unresolved SPECIFIC EVENT(s) that CAUSE the larger issue. How can one feel abandoned or abused, for example, unless there were SPECIFIC EVENTS in one's life to cause those feelings (e.g. mother walking out of the house or father administering a beating)? Those feelings just don't appear out of the ether. They must have a cause.
If we consider the larger issue (e.g. abandonment) to be a table top then the table legs represent the SPECIFIC EVENTS that support the table. Obviously, if we reduce an issue to the SPECIFIC EVENTS supporting it and then collapse those table legs, the table top will fall for lack of support. This way we address the true causes (the SPECIFIC EVENTS) and not the symptom.
Unfortunately, many EFT practitioners still apply EFT to the table top and not the causes. Thus they might start with....
"Even though I have this feeling of abandonment...."
Being too global like this is the number one error made by new EFT'ers (and some seasoned ones, too). Interestingly, this will sometimes get results but it is not nearly as thorough or precise as going for the supporting table legs (causes). Also, because this global approach lacks precision, clients are more likely to report that their issues "came back." What appears to "come back," of course, are unresolved pieces (table legs) that were not previously addressed.
In addition, approaching an issue in such a global manner creates an environment wherein the client often "shifts" from event to event. Since the client and the EFT Practitioner are often unaware of these shifts, the EFT practitioner will often misread the client's responses. This can also lead to some unexplained and sudden client intensity. It is difficult enough to deal with this in one-on-one sessions but it is even more difficult during Borrowing Benefits where you have little or no one-on-one interface.
Soooo, you can be much more accurate and achieve greater success rates if you reduce those global issues (table tops) to the SPECIFIC EVENTS (table legs) that cause them. Examples for the global issue of "I feel abandoned" might be....
The time my mother left me in the shopping mall at age 8.
The time my father told me to leave home when I was age 12.
The time my 3rd grade teacher gave me that "I don't care about you" look.
These SPECIFIC EVENTS are much easier to deal with than the global issue and, so long as the client is properly instructed to stay with them (without shifting), your success ratio on those SPECIFIC EVENTS should be very high (approaching 100%).
Two points about this idea that deserve special note....
1. There can be hundreds or thousands of such SPECIFIC EVENTS underlying a larger issue (table top) and thus, theoretically, addressing them all can be a tedious process. Fortunately, you do not have to address every SPECIFIC EVENT to collapse the larger issue. You can usually do the job by collapsing somewhere between 5 and 20 of those table legs. This is because there is usually a commonality or "general theme" among all those SPECIFIC EVENTS. Thus, after appropriately collapsing a few of those table legs with EFT, a "Generalization Effect" occurs that serves to collapse ALL the legs.
This Generalization Effect is described and displayed in our "6 Days at the VA" video (part of The EFT Course ).
2. Sometimes the SPECIFIC EVENT is too long and has so many pieces to it that it should be treated as a separate table top. The example given above....
The time my mother left me in the shopping mall at age 8
...is such a candidate.
Why? Because it is likely several hours in length and probably has many pieces such as....
The fear of being all by myself.
The fear of all those big adults walking around me.
The guilt I felt for what I might have done to cause this.
The "I don't care look" in mother's eyes when I arrived home.
And so on.
Each of those pieces can be a SPECIFIC EVENT all by itself and should be addressed separately.
There is an art to properly identifying which issues are table tops and which are legs, but that comes with time and experience. When in doubt, go for the smallest pieces. Your success rates will go much higher when you do. I've seen entire issues collapse by just addressing a small but important piece such as, "the hateful look in father's eye." Sometimes the entire global issue can be reduced to a 2 second SPECIFIC EVENT and collapsed in moments with EFT.
Choosing the SPECIFIC EVENT can be crucially important for some people during Borrowing Benefits. That is why instructions need to be so clear.
More next time.
Borrowing Benefits Series - Part 4:
Success using video sessions
One of the most important features of Borrowing Benefits is the ability to do quality healing at home in front of a video screen. Just tap along with a quality EFT session on video and substantial improvement is likely.
This feature is of profound use for EFT Practitioners because it permits deeper and wider client healing in less time. Clients can view the EFT video sessions (either in or out of the office) and tap along. This will often bring up important core issues which, in the skilled hands of a proficient EFT'er, can usually be resolved efficiently.
Tam Llewellyn-Edwards gives us proof of this "Borrowing Benefits via Video" idea with an actual experience. He and his wife, Mary, conducted 3 Borrowing Benefits sessions, the last of which was successfully done via video. Their results are given in Tam's article below.
P.S. I make some augmenting comments within Tam's message.
By Dr. Tam Llewellyn-Edwards
We had another successful "Advanced EFT" Course at Tickhill, UK last weekend. Again we had two demonstration sessions - one by myself and one by Mary (my wife). Both were very successful with almost all those who "Borrowed Benefits" obtaining significant falls in their 0-10 intensity ratings
The one failure was an attendee who, in one of the demonstrations, was working on a very global issue and found no reduction. Of course, the "Basic EFT Routine" does not always work on global problems and we often need to deal with specific aspects one by one. So this may not be such a surprise.
GC COMMENT: It is my recommendation that Borrowing Benefits always be done on SPECIFIC EVENTS (the more specific the better). Doing so provides a greater opportunity for clients to achieve noticeable success and less chance for them to "shift around" from aspect to aspect.
TAM CONTINUES: The third demonstration at that workshop was of interest as "you" were the therapist (on video)! Mary & I did the usual pre-framing and had the attendees select a problem (one with a clear single aspect) and evaluate their 0-10 intensities. We then ran the video of you working with the lady who had "pits on her face" from the "EFT to the Palace of Possibilities" videos.
The result was that everyone had a significant drop in intensities for their own specific problems. From this experiment it is clear that "Borrowing Benefits" works well via TV. This opens intriguing possibilities of using the method for very large audiences via TV or for single remote clients by sending them a video to play, possibly during a phone session.
GC COMMENT: I know I have previously suggested the use of Borrowing Benefits for television audiences because of its huge potential for mass healing. However, I must now suggest caution and conservatism in this arena because of the possibility that a few percent of the tv audience may "tune into" truly deep issues and thus may need access to professional help.
The idea of using Borrowing Benefits at home for single clients has substantial merit. This permits much "out of office healing" as well as the ability to discover deep issues for "in office" work. If clients tune into some intense issues they have access to the practitioner via phone.
TAM CONTINUES: The only adverse comment was that the time you spent not tapping but talking to your client disrupted the "Borrowing Benefits" session. This problem will be removed when you have available the dedicated "Borrowing Benefits" videos.
Dr Tam Llewellyn-Edwards
Borrowing Benefits Series - Part 5:
Many benefits from one workshop
Note: This is about the ability of Borrowing Benefits to reach into deep, lifelong issues and produce quality resolution.
I met "Marilyn" at the recent Borrowing Benefits workshop in Flagstaff, AZ. She had just finished crying in the hallway with "tears of joy" (her term).
As it turns out, she had spent many years of conventional therapy working on her issues with men regarding abuse, abandonment and incest. As a result she had many "cognitive insights" and "understandings" about these issues. Nonetheless, she still distanced herself emotionally and romantically from men and thus the problems remained unresolved.
Her "tears of joy" were because, through Borrowing Benefits, she genuinely resolved them. This was freedom. It was relief that finally cleared the way for a truly meaningful romantic relationship with her boyfriend, Donald.
It was easy to see the twinkle in her eye and I remember saying, with humor, "I think Donald owes me a Ferrari!" She smiled and said, " I think you're right!"
I just spoke with Marilyn on the phone and, indeed, her romantic freedom was generating ecstatic benefits.
She gives a brief synopsis of her Borrowing Benefits experience below. You should find it helpful when assessing the power of Borrowing Benefits to bring up, and resolve, important core issues.
P.S. Please note that not everyone has Marilyn's quality experience. People vary in their responses to Borrowing Benefits and a few dip into strong core issues without immediate resolution. That is why I recommend Borrowing Benefits be done in an environment whereby access to a skilled professional is available.... just in case.
Where to begin, Gary? I have thought so much about the recent Borrowing Benefits workshop in Flagstaff, AZ. I returned to the Saturday after, packed on Sunday and Monday, loaded the moving truck on Tuesday, on Wednesday drove the truck 180 miles to my new home. And yet with all that activity, can't stop thinking of the healing that I got to experience at Flagstaff. Here's a brief synopsis.
First issue: 22 years ago when my husband beat me, title of the "movie" I worked on: "Death, On It's Way." Cleared from an 8 to a zero, realized I had spent the past 22 years protecting myself from men, not allowing myself to be open to them (sexually and otherwise).
Second issue: 32 years ago, sudden death of boyfriend with whom I was deeply in love. Cleared from 7 to zero, realized I no longer needed to feel abandoned (had never realized the abandonment issue before that tapping session). Came to know that I no longer needed to fear abandonment in a relationship. Another plus to the relationship I now have with my boy friend, Donald.
Third issue: Being incested by my brother when I was 13 and he was 14 (40 years ago). I was very passive at the time, came to realize that never again will I just be passive and leave my body. Reality, came back to Idaho and Donald, fully present in love making for the first time in my life!!! What a reward!!!! Yes, Gary, you are right.... Donald does owe you a Ferrari!!!
Thanks so much for all your help.
I FEEL LIKE A NEW PERSON!!!!!!!! THANKYOU, THANKYOU, THANKYOU
Borrowing Benefits Series - Part 6:
Guidelines for Borrowing Benefits workshops
This is the final installment of the Borrowing Benefits series and contains the detailed handout I used at a recent Borrowing Benefits workshop. It not only provides useful guidelines for maximizing benefits but it also outlines some of my own delivery techniques, beliefs and presuppositions.
You may wish to print it out or adjust it for use as a handout in your own workshops.
Guidelines for Borrowing Benefits workshops
by Gary Craig
What is Borrowing Benefits?
It is a feature of EFT whereby members of an audience choose bothersome SPECIFIC EVENTS from their own pasts and obtain relief by tapping along with another person. That other person can be either on stage or on a video and can have an entirely different issue than the audience members. Nonetheless, the audience members use the same words and tap on the same points as the person on stage or on the video.
While this phenomenon is still in the experimental stage, it is believed that the audience members draw their own parallels from the on-stage person's issue and thus obtain similar relief as if they were tapping directly on their own issue.
Advantages of Borrowing Benefits
1. Entire audiences can achieve quality relief during one EFT session. There appears to be no limit to the audience size. It can be hundreds or thousands or millions. Care must be taken with large groups for the small percentage that are so emotionally frail that they should not attempt ANY healing procedure without the presence of a skilled professional.
2. If the session on stage or video is in-depth and of high quality, most audience members will benefit to a greater degree than doing EFT on themselves or with an inexperienced EFT practitioner.
3. Many audience members will experience relief in a relatively painless way because they are ostensibly tapping for someone else's issue "out there" instead of dwelling directly on their own difficult circumstances.
4. Many times the entire issue for an audience member is completely resolved. When there are pieces left over, a qualified EFT practitioner can finish it up with one-on-one sessions.
5. EFT practitioners can speed up complex cases by giving the clients videos to take home and practice Borrowing Benefits between sessions.
6. Some audience members may tune into otherwise buried emotional issues during Borrowing Benefits. When this happens a great deal of time is saved because it hastens the process of finding a core issue.
Disadvantages of Borrowing Benefits
1. In some cases Borrowing Benefits may not be as thorough as one-on-one sessions. The gap can be filled by a qualified EFT practitioner.
2. A small percentage of audience members may tune into some unexpected intensity and become uncomfortable. This is usually because THEY DIDN'T FOLLOW DIRECTIONS and strayed from their SPECIFIC EVENT. In any event, it is appropriate to advise audience members of this possibility in advance and advise them to bring professional help where merited. If you are doing Borrowing Benefits before a live group, you should have experienced EFT'ers in the room to help...just in case.
SPECIFIC EVENTS are the most important thing
to remember about Borrowing Benefits
The audience members MUST SELECT A SPECIFIC EVENT TO WORK ON. Unfortunately, most clients describe their issues too globally and your audience members are no exception.. Here are some typical examples:
"My mother doesn't love me."
"I'm an angry person."
"Sometimes I feel very intense or anxious."
"I don't want to put myself forward."
These issues are made up of underlying SPECIFIC EVENTS and it is these SPECIFIC EVENTS in our lives that form the foundation under our more global problems. For example, a SPECIFIC EVENT underlying "My mother doesn't love me" might be "The time mother left me in the shopping center at age 8 and I had to find my way home." These SPECIFIC EVENTS are the building blocks of the larger problems. Without them, the larger problems have no foundations.
Thus it is vitally important that audience members select, and Borrow Benefits for, a SPECIFIC EVENT. Otherwise, they will be tapping on some global issues and are likely to shift within them from aspect to aspect or event to event. This is begging for some audience members to have unnecessary emotional intensity. However, if they start with...and stay on....a SPECIFIC EVENT during the Borrowing Benefits session the following benefits usually occur....
1. They are much more likely to resolve that SPECIFIC EVENT and notice the relief.
2. They are much LESS likely to experience uncomfortable emotional intensity.
3. After one resolves a few SPECIFIC EVENTS underlying a more global issue, a GENERALIZATION effect takes place that serves to collapse the global issue.
How to conduct a Borrowing Benefits session
1. Before you start, PREFRAME THE AUDIENCE with some important features.
a. Explain the mechanics of the process as well as the items above under SPECIFIC EVENTS are the most important thing to remember about Borrowing Benefits.
b. Emphasize and re-emphasize the importance of using a SPECIFIC EVENT. Without this table-pounding-emphasis, people will tend to pick out a globally stated issue.
c. Emphasize the tendency for people to have some resolution of their SPECIFIC EVENT and then shift to another event or another aspect of the same event. Without this emphasis, many people will get resolution but will not notice it. They may say, "it didn't work" when, in fact, it worked beautifully
d. Describe the possibility that some audience members will come up with intense issues (perhaps unexpected) during the Borrowing Benefits procedure. Since the audience member is "tuned in" to the problem this is often a good time to temporarily forego Borrowing Benefits and begin repeatedly tapping the EFT points up and down the body. Often resolution will occur...perhaps of a major core issue.
2. Have each audience member pick out a SPECIFIC EVENT to work on and give it a title as though it was a short movie. This title should be written down and glanced at frequently (as a reminder) throughout the Borrowing Benefits session.
3. Before starting your on-stage session, quiz members of the audience as to the SPECIFIC EVENTS they have chosen. You may be surprised at what people consider a SPECIFIC EVENT. By guiding some audience members in finding their SPECIFIC EVENTS, other audience members are more likely to be more accurate in their selection.
4. Ask the audience members to write down their intensity, on a 0-10 scale, regarding the SPECIFIC EVENT (some may be very intense about their issues and, in such cases, it is helpful to just have them guess at their 0-10 number--this is usually accurate enough). This intensity must be what they feel NOW as they tune into it and NOT what it WAS when it was happening. If they cannot bring up a 0-10 intensity (because they have repressed the event or "swept it under the rug"), then use the "Movie Details Method" described below.
Movie Details Method: This comes from Neuro Linguistic Programming (NLP) and centers around a technical term known as Sub-Modalities. Despite the technical language, the concept is both simple and useful.
Typically, an intense memory shows up in your "mental movie" as being in vivid color, close to you and in sharp focus. You may also find yourself IN the movie rather than WATCHING it. Further, the sounds tend to be dramatic and loud while the feelings might be described in intense terms such as sharp, pounding, etc.
Interestingly, after successful rounds of EFT these movie details shift to less intense levels. The images tend to be fuzzy, black & white and in the distance. Also, you tend to be WATCHING the movie rather than IN it. The sounds and feelings also tend to fade.
Thus a client (or audience member) can evaluate the intensity of the movie details both before and after EFT and, by this exercise, get a good sense of their progress with EFT.
5. Then do a thorough and complete session with the person on stage. It is best to assume that one or more audience members are emotionally frail and thus start off with some globally stated Setups to "take the edge off." e.g. "Even though I have some problems..."
It is important that you remind the audience to glance at their movie titles from time to time. This tends to keep them tuned into their SPECIFIC EVENT. Also, insist that the audience say their EFT statements out loud and with emphasis. They will tend to mumble and this can detract from the ultimate result.
6. Instruct audience members that they may tune into an unexpected and/or intense memory during this process. Since they are obviously attuned to the issue they may choose to temporarily discard participation in the Borrowing Benefits session and begin tapping the points up and down the body repeatedly until they "come down". Experienced EFT'ers will recognize this as an ideal time to tap because it will often collapse...or substantially relieve...
7. When the on-stage session is completed, ask everyone that believes they have had resolution to vividly imagine their SPECIFIC EVENT and write down their current 0-10 intensity or the change in their movie details. If you have people in the audience that have exhibited unusual intensity, you may need to handle them individually. Often I will ask them to guess at their intensity and then try to imagine it if comfortable doing so.
8. Finally, go around the audience and have people relate their experience. This is good for the whole group. Almost invariably, those that have seemingly made little or no progress have shifted off to another movie or another aspect. When this occurs, it is VERY important for everyone's education to point this out (tactfully, of course).
Here are some of the presuppositions and beliefs
that underlie my own delivery of EFT:
1. Everyone does the best they can given their beliefs, experiences and background.
2. We are living in a worldly dream and our ultimate goal is to get out of it and enter the Peace of Eternity and God.
3. The client's goal is to have a better version of the dream.
4. Our emotional issues do NOT come from what happens to us from the outside world. Rather they come from our RESPONSE to what happens to us from the outside world. They are all an "inside job".
5. From The Palace of Possibilities...
a. The writing on our walls is our version of the "Truth" and it is very important to us...even if it is wrong.
b. We constantly consult the writing on our walls.
c. All arguments are between the writing on our respective walls.
d. Dreams may not necessarily come true but they always take you in directions.
Questions I like to ask....
1. How do you know that?
2. If there was (another) emotional issue causing this problem, what might it be?
3. What does that remind you of?
4. If you had life to live over again, what person or event would you just as soon skip?
FOR MORE EFT HELP ...
Explore our newest advancement, Optimal EFT™, by reading my free e-book, The Unseen Therapist™. More efficient. More powerful.